Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which would you rather have on your party?

EquinoxBlack
EquinoxBlack
✭✭
If you were in a party... and you had one good player... and the rest of them were horrible... Which party role would you prefer the good player fill?
Edited by EquinoxBlack on June 12, 2015 12:43PM
Equinox Black
Family Friendly - Guild Leader

NA Megaserver - Daggerfall Covenant
Xbox Live - Equinox Black
Good news, everyone! I think I perfected a plague that will destroy all life on Azeroth!

Which would you rather have on your party? 12 votes

A good Tank
33%
Ronbob61590b14_ESOdwr_ESOcec_87AdamskiAlders 4 votes
A good Healer
50%
Raheemsix2fallEquinoxBlackCanadianBacon_07GNRNCSBLSSPanWriter 6 votes
A good Support/CC
8%
ollystephens 1 vote
A good DPS
8%
r.jan_emailb16_ESO 1 vote
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    It totally depends on the content I'm playing. As these kinds of roles are only needed in dungeons and stuff like trials, the question is a bit strange. I'll try to explain it using a dungeon as an example.

In a dungeon there are three reasons you can fail.
    1: the tank isn't properly tanking.
    2: the healer isn't properly healing.
    3: the dps is not good enough (many bosses are on a timer and have to be brought down in time or stuff gets akward)

So if any of these roles fail, the result is that the party fails. In the end the success of a team is the sum of the all elements contributing. If 3 people are lacking, the one proper player has to take over all those roles anyways.

So, if available, I would vote "other", cause the sum of all players participating has to be good enough.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • EquinoxBlack
    EquinoxBlack
    ✭✭
    A good Healer
    It totally depends on the content I'm playing. As these kinds of roles are only needed in dungeons and stuff like trials, the question is a bit strange.

The question is intentionally broad and general since you cannot assume that anyone is going to be playing any specific type of content... Some people pve exclusively... some people pvp...

And the question also assumes that the person answering the question is capable as well... Say you are a good tank... and you have a good healer in your party... in a dungeon that might just be enough... if the tank and the healer are THAT good the DPS might not matter at all..

Or in a pvp setting... you might have the best dps in the world so the healer might not be as important... but everyone who has ever played any mmo knows that in pvp, 1 extraordinarily exceptional healer can mean the difference between a win and a loss.
    Equinox Black
    Family Friendly - Guild Leader

NA Megaserver - Daggerfall Covenant
    Xbox Live - Equinox Black
    Good news, everyone! I think I perfected a plague that will destroy all life on Azeroth!
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or in a pvp setting... you might have the best dps in the world so the healer might not be as important... but everyone who has ever played any mmo knows that in pvp, 1 extraordinarily exceptional healer can mean the difference between a win and a loss.

This is not true in any mmo I've played (and I've played most). A good healer means the difference between loss or not loss. A healer never wins or contribute to a win directly. His job is to prevent losing. As that is part of a win, they are important, but never decisive. Just as a dps is never decisive either cause a dead dps can't do dps at all.

This is specially true to ESO and it really is the sum of all in the team. there is no role that can or will lift the party up further then others potentially can or save the day.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU