The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Let me introduce myself....

EquinoxBlack
EquinoxBlack
✭✭
Hello Daggerfall Covenant, my name is Equinox Black.

As a relative newcomer to the game, I wanted to introduce myself. My ESO story begins with open beta. After requesting access several times I was eventually awarded a key for two beta events. At first I wasn't so impressed but as I played through, I was enthralled. I was sad when the beta events ended, but I was quick to jump back in during the welcome back event, and that cemented my decision to step into the world of ESO. I went out to Gamestop that very day and paid for my pre-order of ESO for the Xbox One.

As an MMORPG fan, I had been searching for something new after the *Fall of WoW, I spent some time trying out several other MMOs; Guild Wars, SWTOR, Tera, Firefall, and Neverwinter but nothing could really hold my attention the way WoW had. As a long time veteran of WoW, I had racked up nearly a year and a half of played time across all of my characters. The guild I was tanking for at the time for WOTLK was the first Alliance guild to complete the raid content on 10 and 25, as well with up to LK on 10 heroic on my server. Shortly after that I quit WoW for good.

It was also around that time that there were whisperings and rumors of an Elder Scrolls MMO. I was always a fan of the Elder Scrolls and I loved the open worlds of Oblivion and Skyrim as well as the skill and the crafting systems. I was immediately hopeful that this might make a good replacement.

I'm also a family man. I am married, and have a kid, so I have no plans for ever doing more than casual or medium core in ESO. I enjoy playing with mature, confident people who don't expect a hardcore attitude, whom are patient, laid back, and understand that sometimes a party fails and it takes more than 3 attempts. (Take it from me as a raider and raid leader for a hardcore guild in WoW... I know what it is like to do progression raiding... and I do not miss that kind of attitude.)

I'm starting off ESO with three characters. One will ultimately be my main while the others will be alts... Now I'm not saying these will be my only characters... since we get 8 total slots... I'm sure I'll fill them up eventually. I have a couple other character ideas, but these three will be my first just to get my feet wet.

Cosain Darroch

Named in honor of my WoW tank. Cosain translates from Old-Irish as 'to defend, protect', and Darroch, as in the Clan Darroch is Scottish Gaelic for 'son of oak' or 'oak-hearted, strong'. Cosain is a Redguard Dragonknight. I am setting up his spec specifically for tanking. I plan on keeping my primary damaging skills in the One-Hand and Shield skill tree and using Dragonknight for it's damage reduction, AOE, and crowd control skills. As a tank I am also speccing into Heavy Armor, and I will be working on the blacksmithing crafting skill, as well as Woodworking (Shields). I also plan on maxing out the Fighters Guild and Dauntless quest and skill lines. I really like the concept of using Dragon Leap to close distance, pulling in straggles with Fiery Grip, rooting them with Dark Talons followed by Lava Whip and/or Inferno...

Zavar Teasen'ghymn

Zavar is based on my primary 3.5 D&D character whom is an Sun Elf Bard/Cleric. His is primarily role in D&D is team support as a divine buffer/summoner. In ESO I am going for pure healing/support. ESO Zavar is an Altmer Templar. His spec will be dominated with Dawn's Wrath for damage/support and Restoring Light obviously for healing. I plan on speccing out the Restoration Staff tree, as well as Light Armor for increased mana regen. I will also be maxing out the Mage Guild on this character. I am leveling up the Clothier (Light Armor), Alchemy, Enchanting, and Woodworking (Staves) crafting skills.

Donovan Steele

Donovan is my rogue. He is a D&D Rogue/Scout/Ranger concept character that I have worked on and fleshed out but have never actually played. While normally conceptualized as a human or half-elf, I chose Bosmer for their inherent bow/stealth affinity. Donovan is of diminutive stature and often mistaken for a halfling, yet he is still strong and lithely muscular which I have tried to capture with his ESO character model. My goal for him is to fill the traditional thief archetype. I plan on speccing him down the Bow/Dual Dagger/Medium armor trees to boost his stealth damage and crit rates and short and medium range. I also plan on taking Donovan down a darker path by joining the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves guilds as well as maxing out his Legerdemain skill. His crafting will be simple... Clothier (Medium Armor), and Woodworking (Bows). If they do set up some sort of Alchemy poison system, I will most likely put some skill points towards that as well.

So that is me. I am open and friendly so feel free to send me a message here or on Xbox Live. And don't be offended if I don't respond immediately or vocally, our house is small, so I try not to disturb my family and neighbors with all kinds of chatter.

*I refer to the dumbing-down of WoW to facilitate to a wider audience as it's fall... As a tank from vanilla through WOTLK, I was greatly disappointed when they decided to strip much of the game mechanics which made the game fun for me.
Equinox Black
Family Friendly - Guild Leader

NA Megaserver - Daggerfall Covenant
Xbox Live - Equinox Black
Good news, everyone! I think I perfected a plague that will destroy all life on Azeroth!
  • nismo976
    nismo976
    Soul Shriven
    GT: Nismo976

If you ever like to group up. I'm a Brenton sorcerer level 22. Mature player as well.
    Options
  • piratej62
    piratej62
    Hey EquinoxBlack, we are recruiting members for our Guild, Darkest Dawn. There are 7 of us that play most nights and weekends. We’ve been playing MMO’s together for years, a few of us were on the PC for ESO as well. We’re looking to up our numbers for everything. We’re currently grinding like everyone else, but we need bodies for PVP, Dungeons, DSA, and the guild store. We’re all 20’s and older. No age restriction here, as long as you’re not a jerk, you’re welcome. We bust each other’s balls as often as we hit the X button, it’s a requirement so don't take any of it serious. If you’re looking for a group of people who take the game serious enough to get s**t done, but also realize it’s just a game, this is your place. My psn is piratej62 add me or shoot me a message through PSN/ ingame or through the forums. Take it easy!
    Options