Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help with general blacksmithing and getting blacksmith level up. XBOX ONE

zurumba
zurumba
Can anyone help with leveling up my blacksmithing and moving on to better ores?
  • Inactive Account
    Inactive Account
    ✭✭✭✭
    A very base idea is to...

Deconstruct every piece of gear you do not use, don't sell it for gold.

• zurumba
    zurumba
    I already do that but it's still slow little to no experience
  • Inactive Account
    Inactive Account
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it will take some time.

If you can find someone else to pair with it helps out.

Make daggers and swords then trade them to each other. Deconstructing items you have not made will give you more inspiration than the ones you make yourself.

The colors matter as well. White gives you some, green a little more, blue even more... and so on.

You will need to deconstruct a large number of items as you level.
    Edited by Inactive Account on June 12, 2015 12:19AM
  • Inactive Account
    Inactive Account
    ✭✭✭✭
    As you level up the B.S. skill don't forget about putting point into your passives, especially the one that lets you use the higher level ores.
  • zurumba
    zurumba
    Yeah I unlocked steel but can't figure out how to get steel ingots
  • Inactive Account
    Inactive Account
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are from "High Iron ore" nodes. You will probably have to go to a new higher level local to find them in any quantity.
  • zurumba
    zurumba
    How would I get to them
  • Inactive Account
    Inactive Account
    ✭✭✭✭
    Travel and explore the map. You will need to explore new areas on foot until you find a new way shrine; then you can fast travel.

A lot of the ore nodes are found along side cliffs and hills, so travel close to the rocks and you will have a better chance of seeing them.
    Edited by Inactive Account on June 12, 2015 12:30AM
  • zurumba
    zurumba
    I've traveled a bit I'm not sure where or how to get anywhere else I've got way shrines unlocked I'm level 13 or 14
  • Inactive Account
    Inactive Account
    ✭✭✭✭
    When you open up your map, you will see the Zone you are in. If you zoom out. you will see the whole of Tamriell. Pick a zone you have not traveled to yet, travel to it and see what level the mobs are there. If they are close to your level, you can explore it with a better chance of survival. If the mobs you come across are way higher than you in level,... Level up a bit before proceeding there. unless you are ok with :) dieing lots. lol.
    Edited by Inactive Account on June 12, 2015 12:35AM
  • zurumba
    zurumba
    So you're able to just travel to them
  • Inactive Account
    Inactive Account
    ✭✭✭✭
    Read through this guide, it has some good info...it's basic but it could help.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/61503/the-elder-scrolls-online-new-player-guide#latest
    Edited by Inactive Account on June 12, 2015 12:37AM
  • Inactive Account
    Inactive Account
    ✭✭✭✭
    zurumba wrote: »

Yes, but you will have to walk or ride to them until you discover a way shrine there.
  • Inactive Account
    Inactive Account
    ✭✭✭✭
    zurumba wrote: »

Yes, but you will have to walk or ride to them until you discover a way shrine there.
    NOTE: The areas under the control of you faction only. untill later on, when you are higher level.