Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 14, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• EU megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236

Please explain the worlds map. I can't find a location.

SirGreenDay
I don't understand how everything is connected.

I can't seem to find a location I want to go to.

I want to go to Kheanarth's Roost, which is an island off of Elsweyr.

I look at a WayShrine, but no matter how far out I zoom, or how close I zoom, I can't find EITHER locale.

Even when looking at the regular map, I can't see either location.

So, how do you find a specific location when using a WayShrine?

Why don't the WayShrines just have a list if locations, just like the map/quest/log has?
  • ShadowWolf613
    ShadowWolf613
    ✭✭✭
    you need to discover the wayshrine before you can use it. Once discovered they will show.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go speak to Sugar-Claws on the ship to take you there.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is an online version of the map with all locations labelled:
    http://esomap.uesp.net/

A few things that may help:
    • You must first find a location in the world before you can go there via Wayshrine. So, for example, you need to visit Khenarthi's Roost before any wayshrines on Khenarthi's Roost are available.
    • On PC, you can display a list of all zones and choose Khenarthi's Roost from it; not sure if that list exists on console though.
    • You can only travel to locations within your alliance territory (or neutral locations).

Zone Access:
    Aldmeri Dominion
    • Auridon - You start here.
    • Khenarthi's Roost - Talk to Sugar-Claws at the Vulkhel Guard docks. The quest "Storm on the Horizon", which is the very first quest you see after leaving the Wailing Prison, will take you to her, and then to the island.
    • Grahtwood - Talk to Scout Linimondil at the docks in Skywatch, or finish the story on Auridon.
    • Greenshade - Walk out the west-north-west exit from Grahtwood.
    • Malabal Tor - Walk out the north exit from Greenshade, or the north-north-west exit from Grahtwood.
    • Reaper's March - Walk through the cave in the northeast corner of Grahtwood, or go through the gate on the eastern side of Malabal Tor.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    • Glenumbra - You start here.
    • Stros M'Kai - Talk to Gilzir at the Southern Daggerfall Docks. The quest "The Broken Spearhead", which is the very first quest you see after leaving the Wailing Prison, will take you to him, and then to the island.
    • Betnikh - Finish the story on Stros M'Kai.
    • Stormhaven - Walk out the northeast exit from Glenumbra.
    • Rivenspire - Walk out the northwest exit from Stormhaven.
    • Alik'r Desert - Talk to Zihlijdel at the Wayrest docks, or finish the story in Rivenspire.
    • Bangkorai - Walk across the bridge at the east end of Stormhaven, or finish the story in Alik'r Desert.
    Ebonheart Pact
    • Stonefalls - You start here.
    • Bleakrock Isle - Talk to Liezl at the Davon's Watch docks. The quest "A Beginning at Bleakrock", which is the very first quest you see after leaving the Wailing Prison, will take you to her, and then to the island.
    • Bal Foyen - Go through the gate at the eastern end of Stonefalls, or finish the story on Bleakrock.
    • Deshaan - Walk out the southern exit from Stonefalls.
    • Shadowfen - Walk out the southern exit from Deshaan.
    • Eastmarch - Walk out the northeastern exit from The Rift, or finish the story in Shadowfen.
    • The Rift - Walk out the southeastern exit from Eastmarch, or the northwestern exit from Stonefalls.
    Neutral Zones
    • Cyrodiil - Reach Level 10 and join an Alliance War campaign.
    • Coldharbour - Finish your alliance's main storyline.
    • Craglorn - Reach Level 50 and find the Star-Gazer Herald in your capital city.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • SirGreenDay
    you need to discover the wayshrine before you can use it. Once discovered they will show.

I've been to Khenarthi's Roost before. I know I've been to its WayShrine.

Why I can't even see either location, or ALL locations on the map.

That's my bigger issue.

How are you supposed to see how the locations are connected, when you can't see the locations on the map?

I'm in the AD faction.

Is my entire starting (pre end game) map, Auridon? Are all of these places, cities within Auridon?

I don't know of you've ever played FFXIV.

With their map, you can see how each location, province is connected. This way you know how to get to your destination.

If I don't even see these locations, its impossible to know where they are or how to get there.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when looking at the map. Hold down L2 to zoom out. when you're as far as it will go, let go of L2 then press L2 again.

That should take you to a map that looks like:
    tamriel.jpg

Auridon is the southwest corner of the map. That's where you are now.

personally, I just use ESOHead's version of the map. It's pretty great.

http://www.esohead.com/map#27.2.48.66
    Edited by Gidorick on June 11, 2015 2:49PM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each alliance is divided into a Starter Island (or two) and 5 Zones.

Khenarthi's Roost is the Starte Island for AD, and Auridon is the first zone.

On the PC version when you activate a wayshrine, it defaults to the zone you are in. There are a series of tabs on the right side, one of which is called "Locations". This will give you a list of ALL zones and you can select the zone you want to look at from the list and it will show you the map for that specific zone.

If that is not how it works on Console, I can't help you. Sorry. :-(
    The Moot Councillor
  • Sighlynce
    Sighlynce
    ✭✭✭
    I think I see the problem. Not at my game so going from memory :p , if you have been there before , go to wayshrine , push 'E' now look somewhere up top or to the side there are some symbols,the first is for quests, the one on the far rt is for locations. Click that one and a list of all the ares in the game will show up. Look for Khenarthi's Roost , click it and you should get a map with the wayshrine you visited before... Hope this helps
    "What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should work a bit like this:

Start Here:
    120px-ON-map-Auridon.jpg -> zoom out -> 120px-ON-map-Tamriel_02.jpg -> zoom in on Khenarthi's Roost -> 120px-ON-map-Khenarthi%27s_Roost.jpg -> Click on Wayshrine 20px-ON-mapicon-Wayshrine.png
    Edited by Enodoc on June 11, 2015 3:09PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp