Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Leveling woodworking

Flare
Flare
so I just want to ask it plain and simple is their a decent way to level woodworking up. I made a few maple bows and that didn't even seem to dint the xP bar. Is there some sort of trick to this or is it just a long pain full journey.

Ps I have done 1 woodworking contract and I'm pretty sure it didn't do much

Best Answer

• SURxR3AL
    SURxR3AL
    ✭✭✭
    its kinda long but through out your travles you will find staffs and other items that have and enchantment on them that say "will increase deconstruction of item by 280%" keep those for deconstruction even if they suck those help out alot, but just pick up any and all staffs and shields and deconstruct them, its an mmo its made to take awhile
    NA Server (Xbox One)
    Magika Sorc - Zane Cloudreaver(EP)
    Magika Temp - Revan V'ile(EP)
    Stam DK - Kraven V'ile(AD)
    Stam NB- Relic V'alor(DC)
    Stam Sorc- Veric Septim(AD)
    Answer ✓
  • Flare
    Flare
    Haha alright makes sense thanks!
  • Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Deconstructing yields the most inspiration with one exception - deconstructing stuff that your character has crafted yields very little.

The best way to level all armour and weapon crafts is to kill a lot of stuff and deconstruct everything that they drop, however this can be a bit of a balancing act in the early levels when you need the loot for gold as well. One tried and true method is to find yourself a friend who is also levelling the same craft/s and exchange crafted items - i.e. you each deconstruct items made by the other - this yields full inspiration for each of you.

Based on my experience, don't expect to hit 50 in a craft until your character is close to level 50, I think I was VR2 before getting woodworking to max.
  • Flare
    Flare
    Yes I agree perfectly as I just started to break down staffs I found and was shocked by the xP I was getting compared to making it myself. The whole idea is to make the best bow but it ain't going to be easy. I thank you mate! For confirming it for me cheer!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flare wrote: »
    Yes I agree perfectly as I just started to break down staffs I found and was shocked by the xP I was getting compared to making it myself. The whole idea is to make the best bow but it ain't going to be easy. I thank you mate! For confirming it for me cheer!

While leveling, don't chase the best, as in improving it. You will out level the item in a couple of hours. I mean you will be 4 to 5 levels over it in a couple of hours of playing. Improving to Green is worthwhile while leveling, but not much more than that really. I did not take things to Blue until I was in my 40's, and to Purple until VR Ranks. Note, I would sometimes take a weapon to Blue or Purple earlier on than this, but never armor. And, then only if I had a bunch of Tempers to improve it on hand.

On the other hand, once you get good at the game, you can use a set of armor or weapons for 10 levels. Then it can make sense to improve that to Blue while leveling.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"