The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP Campaign population imbalance

GRxKnight
GRxKnight
✭✭✭✭✭
xUDBOlA.jpg?1

Seriously though campaign population imbalance is definitely happening with only one active server to play on during the day and it being locked red while yellow and blue are sitting at 2 bars. Not to mention that the campaign has had massive lag for a few months now since the mass exodus of Thornblade. Yellow has 3 buff servers right now IIRC. Why don't the reds that want to blatantly destroy campaigns go over to these servers and play cause I'm sure that they AP they want will definitely show up when they start threatening emp, scrolls, etc. During the night, yes there is a little bit of action on the other servers but in all honesty EP needs to spread out and not travel in packs so much. I get that you want to play with your friends and have other guilds you work with but maybe it's time that these guilds start to separate and fight an uphill fight and not rely on a zerg of 80 to take a keep and instead use a bit of skill. Yeah the game definitely favors the "whoever has the most people will generally win" strategy and I'm not trying to tell you guys how to play the game. If you want to zerg go ahead and zerg. Whatever makes you feel l33t

I'm not just pointing the finger at EP...AD does it plenty as well having Azuras, Haderus (half the time) and Thornblade (last I checked (which was Friday so it could easily have changed)) as their buff server. This is also a lot of the cause for the population imbalance. Somewhat of a fix to all of this could be to just have one campaign that you can go in and a guest. No porting to player to get into a campaign you're not homed or guested in. People have been asking for this ZOS for a long time, this and getting rid of PvP buffs outside of PvP. It makes no sense to have a buff you get from one aspect of the game and have it apply to a completely different aspect of the game.
Member of Victorem, RÁGE ; Decibel Alumni (RIP)

Kalista Schefer: VR16 AD Sorcerer; Alliance Rank 22

Noxus-Katarina: VR16 AD NB; Alliance Rank 30

Grxknight: VR16 AD DK; Alliance Rank 16

Lorelie Aedel: VR16 AD Templar; Alliance Rank 8
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Chillrend is, in my experience, usually locked DC most evenings through all of prime time. It's probably the campaign they have the single best presence on through most of the day. In fact the map can swing wildly back and forth between red and blue, with AD usually being left in their home triangle until later in the day.

The EP queue has been a little silly, leaving me to avoid the campaign.

The AD side only seems to lock when guilds decide to come over from the other campaigns.

EP guilds have been out and playing on other campaigns much of this last week. Vehemence and Nexus have been alternating between Azura's and Thornblade and Haderus over the last several days.

Multiple healthy campaigns is good for the game.

Any guild that is currently trying to maintain any of the campaigns as a 'buff server' of any kind should be ashamed of themselves ( no matter what color their banner is ).
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • GRxKnight
    GRxKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's what I'm trying to get at. Why don't these guilds pick up from Chillrend and move to another server and spread out a bit. They're clearly the better of the guilds in EP and if they bottleneck up into one campaign, well, we all know what happens.

Yeah DC does have the highest population on Chillrend this is true. I logged on around 4 EST to a 2 bar yellow/blue and pop locked red. Red was pushing yellows all the way to the scroll temple and I can only assume the 60+ reds that were there had no problem securing it. I can't speak for anyone else but I really don't see the fun in zerging through an undefended or even lightly defended keep with 2+ raids.

I dunno what the solution is...more EP to the other server during off non-peak hours? PvP can't thrive on one or two campaigns. More campaigns would be great and give a little bit more leeway as to where people play.

• Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noxus, the new meta is simple. Youve done it with your AD guilds. You simply go with the whole herd to whatever server is not 100 percent dominated by your faction at the time, and flip it all the way with 100 people.

Then you all guest to the next campaign.

AD does it

EP does it

DC is trying to do it but lack pop

They need to remove guesting, even I, a strong of a proponent for the guesting system as I have been, am seeing it for what it is now.'

Whether its the AD superzerg or the EP superzerg, that guesting blob crap needs to stop, now.
    Edited by Rylana on June 9, 2015 2:29AM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana, you know I agree with you. But DC is not guesting to stack the deck. We are server bouncing to run from the ep and ad who are!
  • Lesspa
    Lesspa
    ✭✭✭
    Thorn was lovely until all the EP lagbomb decides to hit. Go back to chill.
  • Glarin
    Glarin
    ✭✭✭
    Even though you say you're not point fingers I still feel like you are...

It's not just EP that needs to spread out, AD needs to spread out too. Every night Haderus has 2 bar EP that are faced with a pop locked AD zerg, and everyday we have to fight from our gates.

Granted EP has held emperor on Haderus for the past 2 days, the pop is still imbalanced because it has been 1 bar EP defending 1 emp keep against the AD night cappers. Now this is only one campaign and I can't speak for the others because I don't care to play on the other campaigns due to all the zergs on all factions.
    Aldmeri Dominon: Glarin |Dragonknight *** Erìnwy |Sorcerer
    Ebonheart Pact: Alexandrìte |Dragonknight |Former Emperor *** Oops I Negated Again |Sorcerer |Former Emperor
    Daggerfall Covenant: Eìr |Templar
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chillrend is, in my experience, usually locked DC most evenings through all of prime time. It's probably the campaign they have the single best presence on through most of the day. In fact the map can swing wildly back and forth between red and blue, with AD usually being left in their home triangle until later in the day.

The EP queue has been a little silly, leaving me to avoid the campaign.

The AD side only seems to lock when guilds decide to come over from the other campaigns.

EP guilds have been out and playing on other campaigns much of this last week. Vehemence and Nexus have been alternating between Azura's and Thornblade and Haderus over the last several days.

Multiple healthy campaigns is good for the game.

Any guild that is currently trying to maintain any of the campaigns as a 'buff server' of any kind should be ashamed of themselves ( no matter what color their banner is ).

1000x this.

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
  • Jakeol
    Jakeol
    ✭✭✭
    The main issue is there isnt a sweet spot between few enough players to not cause massive performance issues or enough players to have consistent activity throughout all timezones this is regardless of faction or campaign.
    Jaqqe'nova - EP v14 Nord NB
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If DC had more of population, this would help the population imbalance, DC came out made Emp on the newly liberated Thornblade, last night 6/8 blue never went beyond 1 bar while I was on east coast prime time, The game is all about three faction warfare having a faction almost missing in action, throws the whole balance off and helps to have these crazy imbalances, it is not the core of the issue but a part of it.
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's funny - those of us on the EP side not in the elite guilds feel as though it's AD that's not wanting to play with others. ;)

Our perception is that AD either wants to dominate or not play at all. Of course, my take on things could be absolutely wrong. I dunno what the solution is but as an EP player the last place I want to be is in an entirely red campaign.

@ElizabethInTamriel
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's funny - those of us on the EP side not in the elite guilds feel as though it's AD that's not wanting to play with others. ;)

Our perception is that AD either wants to dominate or not play at all. Of course, my take on things could be absolutely wrong. I dunno what the solution is but as an EP player the last place I want to be is in an entirely red campaign.

I often get the same vibe. If they don't own the whole map with scrolls, they AD population on Azura's and Haderus tends to wither away. They'll come back at 3am and flip the map, but while you and yours are on, they'll run.

Last night on Azura's, we cracked open the AD gates, both of them.Never saw more than ten defenders. the AD population was locked. EP and DC were at 2 bars each.
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanna know the DC side of things? We see crossed swords on the map and run hoping to find a decent skirmish or battle only to find 12+ AD or EP piling on one or two poor DC souls then teabagging them and emote laughing. Or TB last night: 3 bars of each red and yellow and 1 bar of DC getting crushed wall to wall. And before you know it zone gets quieter and quieter because everyone leaves.
    Edited by God_flakes on June 9, 2015 12:59PM
  • Glarin
    Glarin
    ✭✭✭

I often get the same vibe. If they don't own the whole map with scrolls, they AD population on Azura's and Haderus tends to wither away. They'll come back at 3am and flip the map, but while you and yours are on, they'll run.

Last night on Azura's, we cracked open the AD gates, both of them.Never saw more than ten defenders. the AD population was locked. EP and DC were at 2 bars each.

This happens on Haderus every night. The 2 bars of EP defend their keeps and when the opportunity comes, we start taking back keeps. The more we push and win the less AD defenders we see. Once we all log (about 4 AM EST) AD pop shoots back up to 3 bars and we come back to having nothing and open gates. The second we threaten an emp keep or a scroll that's when all the AD come back to defend and the cycle starts all over again.
    Ebonheart Pact: Alexandrìte |Dragonknight |Former Emperor *** Oops I Negated Again |Sorcerer |Former Emperor
  • GRxKnight
    GRxKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana I know all too well of what the meta is in terms of what campaigns have the action, that's where the flock goes...I agree with everything you say 100% except with one thing...Decibel doesn't run 100+ nor do we try to flip an entire map one color...we know what happens when a map is all one color...once we see it not being a challenge, we go look elsewhere for other fights like you said everyone does and I agree once guesting is no longer a thing and you're locked in to a home campaign for the entire duration, then we may see more regulars in those campaigns instead of people going over to them when there's nothing going on elsewhere.

And Glarin if you read my post I said that AD is just as big of a culprit of zerging and sending 40 man hit squads for 2 people as EP is. I've seen it both ways and it's frustrating to be killed and kill by that fashion. Same with them needing to spread out over the other campaigns. I only mentioned EP cause DC can't do it with their lack of population and EP has the most population everywhere. And it's like Agrippa and I have said; buff servers need to go away and the people that want them or need them for their PvE groups is just sad. PvP buffs should stay with PvP and PvP alone.
    Edited by GRxKnight on June 9, 2015 9:59PM

• Glarin
    Glarin
    ✭✭✭
    I did read your post and while you did admit, in one sentence, that AD zergs too, you still spent a whole paragraph bashing EP and what they should do when AD needs to do the same thing.
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you look at the campaigns right now this is what I am seeing:

Azura
    AD - locked
    EP - two bars
    DC - two bars

Thornblade
    AD - locked
    EP - two bars
    DC - two bars

Chillrend
    AD - two bars
    EP - locked
    DC - locked

Haderus
    AD - two bars
    EP - two bars
    DC - one bar

Looks like EP and DC want to play with others. Where are you AD?

@ElizabethInTamriel
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you look at the campaigns right now this is what I am seeing:

Azura
    AD - locked
    EP - two bars
    DC - two bars

Thornblade
    AD - locked
    EP - two bars
    DC - two bars

Chillrend
    AD - two bars
    EP - locked
    DC - locked

Haderus
    AD - two bars
    EP - two bars
    DC - one bar

Looks like EP and DC want to play with others. Where are you AD?

AD is zerging Azuras for a buff server.

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
  • filmoretub17_ESO
    filmoretub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    GRxKnight wrote: »
    xUDBOlA.jpg?1

Seriously though campaign population imbalance is definitely happening with only one active server to play on during the day and it being locked red while yellow and blue are sitting at 2 bars. Not to mention that the campaign has had massive lag for a few months now since the mass exodus of Thornblade. Yellow has 3 buff servers right now IIRC. Why don't the reds that want to blatantly destroy campaigns go over to these servers and play cause I'm sure that they AP they want will definitely show up when they start threatening emp, scrolls, etc. During the night, yes there is a little bit of action on the other servers but in all honesty EP needs to spread out and not travel in packs so much. I get that you want to play with your friends and have other guilds you work with but maybe it's time that these guilds start to separate and fight an uphill fight and not rely on a zerg of 80 to take a keep and instead use a bit of skill. Yeah the game definitely favors the "whoever has the most people will generally win" strategy and I'm not trying to tell you guys how to play the game. If you want to zerg go ahead and zerg. Whatever makes you feel l33t

I'm not just pointing the finger at EP...AD does it plenty as well having Azuras, Haderus (half the time) and Thornblade (last I checked (which was Friday so it could easily have changed)) as their buff server. This is also a lot of the cause for the population imbalance. Somewhat of a fix to all of this could be to just have one campaign that you can go in and a guest. No porting to player to get into a campaign you're not homed or guested in. People have been asking for this ZOS for a long time, this and getting rid of PvP buffs outside of PvP. It makes no sense to have a buff you get from one aspect of the game and have it apply to a completely different aspect of the game.

I don't understand how people ignore the history of what has been happening in Cyrodiil. A few months ago there was this place called Thornblade and it was where all the factions decided to war. Untill one day AD and DC disappeared from Thornblade and left EP all alone. Then there was a void and Chillrend was born with AD and DC populating this campaign with a very small number of EP. I wrote a post calling for help in Chilrend because it was populated all day but with almost zero EP presence. So EP showed up and started fighting for the glory in Chilrend and guess what? AD has disappeared again. DC has dwindled in numbers but still holds a strong position. The problem is AD and DC are both running like scared little children every time EP shows up to fight. Now that you know the truth might wanna change how you are approaching this subject.
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xUDBOlA.jpg?1

I don't understand how people ignore the history of what has been happening in Cyrodiil. A few months ago there was this place called Thornblade and it was where all the factions decided to war. Untill one day AD and DC disappeared from Thornblade and left EP all alone. Then there was a void and Chillrend was born with AD and DC populating this campaign with a very small number of EP. I wrote a post calling for help in Chilrend because it was populated all day but with almost zero EP presence. So EP showed up and started fighting for the glory in Chilrend and guess what? AD has disappeared again. DC has dwindled in numbers but still holds a strong position. The problem is AD and DC are both running like scared little children every time EP shows up to fight. Now that you know the truth might wanna change how you are approaching this subject.

Where is my LOL button?! Nice revision of history.
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • Glarin
    Glarin
    ✭✭✭
    xUDBOlA.jpg?1

I played on AD at the time of this happening, I was part of the few AD that stayed on Thornblade. The reason I kept hearing from AD why they all left Thornblade was to "Escape the lagsploiting EP that are there". So yeah, they ran from a fight. But look what happened. All the lag that was on Thornblade moved to Chillrend with them all.

So begins the nomadic era where guilds just move to whatever campaign has the fights at the time. And now we go into the problems that people have been complaining about sometime now. Guesting needs to be fixed, it causes population imbalance, etc. which Brian Wheeler has already addressed here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1850113#Comment_1850113
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Takllin wrote: »
    xUDBOlA.jpg?1

Ikr? This guy. His posts are comedic.
  • filmoretub17_ESO
    filmoretub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    God_flakes wrote: »
    xUDBOlA.jpg?1

I do know a lot of them are blaming their exodus on lag. However you never see them abandon a campaign they are winning in the name of lag. My revision is true and if you don't know this then you just started playing pvp or just don't pay attention at all to the campaign populations. One of the recent retreats from Chilrend happened without lag being present at all. But yes even the guild I'm in will hop campaigns in search of fights that don't involve lag. But we never abandon a campaign because we are losing. I wouldn't roll with a group who just wants to be a buff campaign guild.
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xUDBOlA.jpg?1

I do know a lot of them are blaming their exodus on lag. However you never see them abandon a campaign they are winning in the name of lag. My revision is true and if you don't know this then you just started playing pvp or just don't pay attention at all to the campaign populations. One of the recent retreats from Chilrend happened without lag being present at all. But yes even the guild I'm in will hop campaigns in search of fights that don't involve lag. But we never abandon a campaign because we are losing. I wouldn't roll with a group who just wants to be a buff campaign guild.

No lag in Chill???? You can't be serious right now. My crew left because of the horrendous lag in chill. I played as long as I did in Azura because there was NO lag until certain ad and ep showed up in obscene numbers with their crown stack AoE and what I deem as packet flooding. When I brought my crew to TB, DC was losing there and losing badly. So don't tell me dc abandons when they lose. That's just crap and a cheap shot.
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    xUDBOlA.jpg?1

DC has no buff campaign, we don't have the numbers right now to pull that off. The old crew that used to cause the lag on Thornblade went to Chillrend, and that's why you're seeing the recent 'retreats' happen there. ZOS isn't addressing the lag any time soon (if they even can), so all players are left with is to just go to a different campaign and let a small group of players ruin a campaign until they get bored when they realize everyone left because of the lag and then they follow when there isn't anyone left to fight ... I mean farm AP off of.

I'm leaving Haderus because we can very rarely go from 1 to 2 bars while EP/AD has 3 or is locked. As much as I like the fights on haddy when we have relatively equal numbers, I don't see the point in fighting against groups with 3 times the numbers, all of the buffs, and the emp in the group. Believe me, I'm not leaving that campaign because it's not our buff server -_- I'm leaving because my faction can't field enough people for the current amount of campaigns and I'm trying to find a campaign where the lag crew doesn't reside but the numbers are still relatively balanced across all factions (looking like thornblade is the best choice atm).
    Edited by Zheg on June 10, 2015 1:48PM
  • filmoretub17_ESO
    filmoretub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    xUDBOlA.jpg?1

No lag in Chill???? You can't be serious right now. My crew left because of the horrendous lag in chill. I played as long as I did in Azura because there was NO lag until certain ad and ep showed up in obscene numbers with their crown stack AoE and what I deem as packet flooding. When I brought my crew to TB, DC was losing there and losing badly. So don't tell me dc abandons when they lose. That's just crap and a cheap shot.

There was 2 exodus from Chilrend since it started being busy. The first one was when a certain guild decided to home there and I was present and there was no lag. The last one was probably because of lag because since then the server is full of lag. You should learn a little history before acting like I said there Is no lag in chilrend. here is the post on the first exodus.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/170529/chillrend-competition-server#latest

The second exodus happened a few days ago when AD just disappeared entirely.
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xUDBOlA.jpg?1

There was 2 exodus from Chilrend since it started being busy. The first one was when a certain guild decided to home there and I was present and there was no lag. The last one was probably because of lag because since then the server is full of lag. You should learn a little history before acting like I said there Is no lag in chilrend. here is the post on the first exodus.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/170529/chillrend-competition-server#latest

Sorry but you are wrong. The first exodus was because of lag, I was one of the first waves of AD to leave Thornblade for Chillrend. The reason we left Chillrend was because of the lag, and we had done very well in the time we were there, though I don't remember how many campaigns we won. TB had become a ghost campaign about two months after I'd left there, and the EP that was there came to Chillrend and the lag became unplayable, where is had been manageable previously. We would be completely lagged out and crash to desktops multiple times, and we had enough.That is why lots of AD and what was left of DC left Chillrend for other campaigns, which then turned Azuras into what it is now. Even a bunch of EP who had been on Chillrend before we left Thornblade left when the unplayable lag came, so it isn't just the so called "losing" factions that left, it is the ones who want to play without lag.

There are a large portion that care far more to have good, fair fights without lag than what the scoreboard says.
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana I know all too well of what the meta is in terms of what campaigns have the action, that's where the flock goes...I agree with everything you say 100% except with one thing...Decibel doesn't run 100+ nor do we try to flip an entire map one color...we know what happens when a map is all one color...once we see it not being a challenge, we go look elsewhere for other fights like you said everyone does and I agree once guesting is no longer a thing and you're locked in to a home campaign for the entire duration, then we may see more regulars in those campaigns instead of people going over to them when there's nothing going on elsewhere.

Thank you and your guild for your vigilance in promoting fun play. Some of these other guilds seem to lack any regard for the repercussions of their actions. I came from playing Star Wars Galaxies where had to pretty much police and make our own content, I feel we need to do the same thing here to promote a healthy population in Cyrodiil...for all factions.

• filmoretub17_ESO
    filmoretub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    xUDBOlA.jpg?1

Sorry but you are wrong. The first exodus was because of lag, I was one of the first waves of AD to leave Thornblade for Chillrend. The reason we left Chillrend was because of the lag, and we had done very well in the time we were there, though I don't remember how many campaigns we won. TB had become a ghost campaign about two months after I'd left there, and the EP that was there came to Chillrend and the lag became unplayable, where is had been manageable previously. We would be completely lagged out and crash to desktops multiple times, and we had enough.That is why lots of AD and what was left of DC left Chillrend for other campaigns, which then turned Azuras into what it is now. Even a bunch of EP who had been on Chillrend before we left Thornblade left when the unplayable lag came, so it isn't just the so called "losing" factions that left, it is the ones who want to play without lag.

There are a large portion that care far more to have good, fair fights without lag than what the scoreboard says.

Dude there was barely 2 bars of EP on the map during peak hours. How the world was a campaign like that lagging? They usually lag when its pop locked 3 ways and very rarely without these requirements. The very day that EP decided to play Chilrend was the day DC and AD disappeared. It took a week or so for the populations to fill up again. Again there couldn't have been lag because there was a pop locked EP facing 1 bar of AD and 1 bar of DC. I was there and lag was not. Once the campaign started filling up it started lagging more and more. Now during peak hours its unplayable but only during peak hours.
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's hard to find a "Goldilocks" campaign, the one with enough enemies to be fun, but not so many it lags.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Snit wrote: »
    It's hard to find a "Goldilocks" campaign, the one with enough enemies to be fun, but not so many it lags.

WTB Dawnbreaker 2.0 back.