The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[EP - EU - PC] Hopesfire - small scale PvP guild [recruitment closed for now]

ToRelax
ToRelax
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Greetings!
I am the leader of the Hopesfire guild, originally a small guild keeping together the players from the Hopesfire EU campaign (EP side) after it was deleted.
We usually ran about 6-8 players.
However, we lost about half our core members by now. Since update 1.6 we can achieve even less since most players seem to be pretty afraid to die and either form gank groups, zerg balls or just run in the random zerg.
Well, after trying around a bit now I am sure it is still possible to achieve a lot with a group of that size if we have the experience, coordination and skill.

However, the greatest problem for our recruiting is probably our uncommon philosophy - we value challenging small scale fights above all, but we care more for our faction and control over objectives than just AP. Since good fights > anything else, we will simply abandon our faction sometimes when lag and zerging become too bad and look for fun in other places, even if it should have no or even a negative impact on our faction's performance.

So here's what we are looking for:

- Like I mentioned, we aim for small scale groups, anything from 4-8.
- We are not going to farm AP usually. If AP is your goal in this game, this is not the guild for you.
- You have to PvP often, but not regularly. You are free to do whatever you like, whenever you like, but don't tell me you just wanted to do some PvE for 3 weeks.
- Of course we value experience and player skill. But most of all I value initiative players very highly. You should aim to get better, don't hesitate to fire questions at me and sometimes go solo PvP or join other groups if you like that more, if we don't have a group going but you want to PvP anyway.
- You need at least one veteran EP character with that you want to PvP. There may be exceptions though, contact me personally for that.
- You should be able to use TS and at least listen. It would sure help a lot if you can speak, too.
- Follow orders from the leader when you are in a group. Not without question, but first you execute the order, then you can ask/give your advice/whatever.
- Leading skills are great, but don't join the guild with the assumption you might lead a group at some point.
- Be nice to your guildmates. We share all of these imaginative gold, goods and services when asked, that doesn't mean you should be lazy, just do the same for them.
- Have fun. Literally, if you don't have fun with us, tell us. We are open for discussion and if it should actually be the case that we might not be the guild you have been looking for after all, it's better to make a clean cut.

What we can offer:

- a small, but friendly community without pressure
- some very good players with a treasure of knowledge I am always happy to share
- help, when asked. You don't have enough AP for some siege? Need something crafted? Need just 2k more gold for that item in store? Potions ran out?
And you might even get help with some dungeon. Just don't tell anyone I said that ;)
- a really cool tabard!

One thing you should really be aware of is that we do not have set times for PvP. You have to be initiative and ask the players to form a group. If you do want regular times, there is nothing wrong with that. Just don't expect me to help you or show up at all. You can make a group at your conditions anytime.
If you are interested, contact @Toreax or @RoamingRiverElk in game. Don't worry if my inbox is full, that's the usual. :tongue:

Dalris, if I forgot something tell me pls.

[Updated, we have reached a decent size and stopped accepting any more applications from now on.]
Edited by ToRelax on September 6, 2016 1:47PM
DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think Elo forgot to mention anything with a post of that length ^^

Basically, we do small group PvP with wellrounded builds and look for fun fights that also let us improve our play.

If you're not sure of your build, we'll be happy to discuss various build options with you. And, Elo is a great source of knowledge on anything relating to PvP.

Don't hesitate to contact us, we'd be happy to hear from you. :)

- Dalris

Dalris Aalr (dk) - Dalfish (sorc)
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought Hopesfire nowdays is big guild with more than 50 members.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »

Can you imagine me leading a whole raid? It'd drive me insane in no time ^^.

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »

I definetly can image insane Elo leading raid XD
    574926-300_movie03.jpg
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »

I definetly can image insane Elo leading raid XD
    574926-300_movie03.jpg

Oh, that's all the DKs pre-1.6. :P
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You and your guild are exactly the type of player I want to play with / fight. The fact that there are so few people like you who actually have the balls to fight in small group and are actually good usually means we won't engage you out of respect for your group ^^ In a way it's kind of sad :P
    I wish you good luck on your recruitment ! (don't go over 8 players though ;) )
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »
    You and your guild are exactly the type of player I want to play with / fight. The fact that there are so few people like you who actually have the balls to fight in small group and are actually good usually means we won't engage you out of respect for your group ^^ In a way it's kind of sad :P
    I wish you good luck on your recruitment ! (don't go over 8 players though ;) )

Thank you.
    And no worries - I didn't get over 5 people in IC yet, wich I believe, is a good thing. ^^

• ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Updated this. Stabilizing the guild as much as possible now, but if we don't get a place for small groups during the next months, we'll most likely leave for another game.

• Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you alive?
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ashamray wrote: »
    Are you alive?

@Ashamray

Yeah, we're still around.