Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When is the next crown store update ?

• WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mishanya wrote: »
    The next update is right now! We just added Riding Lessons to the Crown Store, which you can read about here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/173398/riding-lessons-now-available-in-the-crown-store

Finally, p2w

Excellent, I can finally win now. My trusty steed will lead me to victory.

Wait, I am already maxed out on my horse and it makes no difference. I still suck.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how is it p2w when its this expensive
    nah but seriously how is it p2w bruh
    Edited by Nifty2g on June 4, 2015 2:53PM
    #MOREORBS
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WebBull wrote: »
    The next update is right now! We just added Riding Lessons to the Crown Store, which you can read about here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/173398/riding-lessons-now-available-in-the-crown-store

Finally, p2w

Wait, I am already maxed out on my horse and it makes no difference. I still suck.

Nono, you see it wrong. Just think about it. you cant knock down new Players from horses that easy = p2w
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • Malsidius
    Malsidius
    ✭✭✭

...wait what? That's it...I don't mean to be ungrateful, but I'm a little disappointed. I know in some cases, something is better than nothing...this is not one of those cases.
  • Mishanya
    Mishanya
    ✭✭✭
    For example, in non-vet campaign, in Cyrodiil, where horse speed and stamina are crucial, raid on charged horses, will be much more competitive than mob of noobs.
    Wasting time is an important part of life
  • RunAway
    RunAway
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome. Pay-to-win has arrived. /sarcasm.
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    F**k content, let's get more s**t in the Crown Store that we can waste our money on...
    Edited by Saturn on June 21, 2015 2:07PM
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have to say, find this deal incredibly expensive @ZOS_GinaBruno

I suspect this will be an very slow/bad seller as it's over priced. $1 per day!!!!

It's interesting that you do put such high prices on something like this. It's an OBVIOUS seller and it would sell in HUGE volumes if you made it far more accessible to the MASSES rather than the few.

That being said, maybe it directly reflects the numbers are truly that low they have to charge high for small volume?
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    how is it p2w when its this expensive
    nah but seriously how is it p2w bruh

How much it costs doesn't change whether it's pay-to-win or not. Although it might change how many people are willing to buy it and therefore how much of an impact it has on everyone else. As I said in another thread I don't think this is pay-to-win exactly, but it is pay to circumvent a mechanic intended to control your rate of progression and act as a gold sink.

Previously a new player had to earn at least 10,000 gold by playing the game to buy a horse (or buy the Imperial Edition or the Palomino) and then earn an additional 45,000 gold by playing and wait 180 days to fully train them up.

Now a new player can spend 900 crowns to buy a horse and 18,000 crowns to fully upgrade their riding skills, all on day 1. And they'll still earn that 55,000 gold in-game and be able to spend it on other things instead.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For example, in non-vet campaign, in Cyrodiil, where horse speed and stamina are crucial, raid on charged horses, will be much more competitive than mob of noobs.

A mob of noobs isnt going to win anyway. They are just feeding the other alliance AP.
    BuggeX wrote: »
    WebBull wrote: »

Finally, p2w

Nono, you see it wrong. Just think about it. you cant knock down new Players from horses that easy = p2w

Sure it is slightly harder to knock someone off their horse but not much. If hit by players you are usually coming off anyway. The only real difference is being dismounted by mobs. In the overall scope of PvP, horse training is meaningless.

I am sure in the future ZOS will release other items much more worthy of P2W complaints.
    Edited by WebBull on June 4, 2015 4:04PM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    good stuff
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malsidius wrote: »
    For a mount, I would like to see a white or grey Elk. And for a pet, how about a wisp or a flock of butterflies, lol.

Lol..

How about a horse that appears as a flock of butterflies coalescing into a mount, then breaking back into butterflies on dismount? With a block of Cheese on the saddle behind the rider? Call it Sheogorath's Beauty...
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Malsidius
    Malsidius
    ✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    Malsidius wrote: »
    For a mount, I would like to see a white or grey Elk. And for a pet, how about a wisp or a flock of butterflies, lol.

Lol..

How about a horse that appears as a flock of butterflies coalescing into a mount, then breaking back into butterflies on dismount? With a block of Cheese on the saddle behind the rider? Call it Sheogorath's Beauty...

Only if it's an Elk, and a wheel of cheese...blocks are for squares.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kind of bummed actually. It's weird, let me explain.

I have six non-vet alts with fully maxed horses. Originally just bags, I started trianing the other stats for the new changes to riding skills. It's funny to play the non-vet campaign, as I started doing again recently, and notice that most players don't have visual upgrade one, let alone all three. Even before the change, I loved riding a horse through a mass of enemy players. Even if all I did was cause brief confusion and got me killed by the swarm moments later, it was fun. With max stamina and speed it's just ridiculous. I can enter a heavily guarded breech in an outpost, ride up one set of stairs and down the other. Like I said weird, but it brought me joy, and I hope some levity to my enemies.

There is absolutely no way I can do that now without looking like some jerk who spent ~ $140 worth of crowns just to grief.
    Edited by driosketch on June 4, 2015 4:26PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »

I have six non-vet alts with fully maxed horses. Originally just bags, I started trianing the other stats for the new changes to riding skills. It's funny to play the non-vet campaign, as I started doing again recently, and notice that most players don't have visual upgrade one, let alone all three. Even before the change, I loved riding a horse through a mass of enemy players. Even if all I did was cause brief confusion and got me killed by the swarm moments later, it was fun. With max stamina and speed it's just ridiculous. I can enter a heavily guarded breech in an outpost, ride up one set of stairs and down the other. Like I said weird, but it brought me joy, and I hope some levity to my enemies.

There is absolutely no way I can do that now without looking like some jerk who spent ~ $140 worth of crowns just to grief.

Don't worry so much about other people think.
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember being a bit shocked when another game (NWO) wanted $40 for a top-end mount. I have no words for the pricing on this :)

I'm fine with a cash shop, and I don't mind paying for cosmetics and slight advantages. This is in the slight advantage category. The product is fine. The pricing, however, is looney tunes. I know that Asian MMO's depend largely on whales who spend thousands of dollars, sometimes many thousands of dollars. That's their pricing model. I suspect you will find that TESO's audience has quite different expectations and habits.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Malsidius
    Malsidius
    ✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »

lol, well...seeing how I am a jerk w/ disposable income, and this topic seems to be another easy way to irritate a few folks (lol, Occupy Wall Street meets Tamriel)...$140, that wouldn't even cover my bar tab. Lets do an "Emperor raffle" next; $1,000 bucks to enter, buy as may tickets as you like, weekly drawings. Winner gets crowned Emperor....Pay-to-win!!!
  • Victus
    Victus
    ✭✭✭
    Well, they will soon realize if they expect to "make lots of money" and nobody buys then the pricing was bad. I'm on the fence about it, as I don't have an issue with the gold or time spent in game for this, but having to skip the time it takes to learn the lessons is a nice perk.

Edited by Victus on June 4, 2015 4:59PM
    Throm the First - Redguard Dragon Knight - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Malsidius
    Malsidius
    ✭✭✭
    Victus wrote: »
    Well, they will soon realize if they expect to "make lots of money" and nobody buys then the pricing was bad. I'm on the fence about it, as I don't have an issue with the gold or time spent in game for this, but having to skip the time it takes to learn the lessons is a nice perk.

It's all about the Benjamin's and/or the perks...sure, I could give to charity, and help those who really need it...nah, I need to go faster on my imaginary mount in today!!!
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't class it as pay to win or the skill points resets. I think stuff like this is really handy for folks like me who don't log on everyday and or make any gold. I have 400g on my main and maybe 5000 on my alt. that's not even enough for one reset.

I want more ways to catch up tbh. Luckily these XP pots are coming, another thing worth spending money on. I'm not into fluff just gameplay.
    PC EU
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about an actual traditional vampire costume! Like a really stylin black robe with a huge spiky collar and red sash etc etc! =p Seseme Street style vamp! lol
    Edited by deleted221205-002626 on June 4, 2015 5:18PM
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Victus wrote: »

Im on the fence as well.. And not because I think the items are to expensive but more because they've somewhat avoided doing/fixing things that would have made people want to stay or want to play.. Im no expert but Im sensing the games "desire" is at an alltime low. Asking people NOW to pay thru the nose for items for a game theyre on the fence about playing most likely will not bring them much coin!

I just don't have that sense of VALUE for what ive achieved thus far and have to wonder if throwing large amounts of real money into this would be much different than investing ALL IN in to blackberry for example!

I love blackberry but jus sayin =p

Edited by deleted221205-002626 on June 4, 2015 5:40PM
  • Aerius_Sygale
    Aerius_Sygale
    ✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno Good heavens, please reassure that this isn't going to be the only thing added for the whoooole month, Gina... T_T
    PS4/PS5, NA | PSN: AeriusSygale | Alliance War Rank 50 (Grand Overlord Grade 2) | CP: 2730+
  • oddavi
    oddavi
    ✭✭✭
    yay... no seriously that sucks

(no groom outfit)
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When can I buy raid armor.

Are warlock v14 rings gonna be next, why not?

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Bashing Comments]
    Edited by ZOS_ArtG on June 5, 2015 8:08PM
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Singing Bears or Mudcrabs in top hats that talk????
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are warlock v14 rings gonna be next, why not?

We?

You've concluded that, based on no evidence other than pessimism. ZOS has said the shop will contain cosmetics and convenience items, things that make progress faster. Nowhere have they indicated a plan to sell top-tier gear for cash.

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_AlanG on June 5, 2015 8:15PM
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• WhimsyDragon
    WhimsyDragon
    ✭✭✭
    Waiting on name change, appearance change, cool costumes, and bank space are in the store.
    Edited by WhimsyDragon on March 22, 2018 3:29AM