Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

templar build?

Lord_Arkala
Lord_Arkala
✭✭✭
Anyone know if there are any good templar tank builds? Does the temp have any taunts or would i have to use the sword and board taunt?
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

Templar does not have a taunt,
    You can use Sword and Board Taunt or Undaunted guild taunt,

Deltia's Gaming on youtube has best advice on builds.
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont know if you are a new player or an old player trying out a new class. Here's some tips for tanking in general.

-You are meant to take on the biggest, meanest enemy, not the whole group. Certain classes have really good battlefield control like dk talons and sorc encase but Temp and nb are really good at resource management.

-Resource management is key to your success. You can't just taunt the boss and block forever. Maintaining a bit of the damage and mitigating incoming dangers are much more important than trying to run around being a headless chicken(I tend to do that still but hey, im learning)

-Tweak your builds for multiple encounters. Dont get stuck with that one 'awesome possum' build thinking it will get through all the encounters. Different bosses have different mechanics that require different toolset. You can always use a hammer to cut down a tree but it aint gonna be pretty.

-Templar wise: Repentance is your friend. Blazing shield, circle of protection and Rune focus are really good tanking tools. Think paladin type of tanking and you are not far from emulating it.

Have fun mate and good luck.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!