The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What Is So Special About The Dwarven Armor?

CodyFurlong
CodyFurlong
✭✭
That not only is the books you need to find to read it a purple level item, but each part of the set is it's own book, and you can't even read the books to learn it, until you have a maxed out blacksmithing, woodworking, or clothing skill.
You search and search for something, never realizing it is within and always has been. You can not find it, you can not understand it, you simply accept, and believe, and it will grow. - Heretic's Faith, Randall N. Bills
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a rare style. Daedric, ancient elf etc. Also can not be learned until you're high level. It was added after launch and they decided to break it into pages
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dwemer(dwarves) are a mystery in TES lore, some stuff happned and their stuff are rare.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is really nothing special with the Dwarven armor. It's just a grind and a gold sink they added to the game to make people stay in the game for a while longer, but the armor doesn't really look cool enough, or unique enough, to motivate the tedious farming or excessive amounts of gold for the style material.
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The breaking of the style into pages is/was an attempt to help the crafting economy. Since you can learn the other styles from reading a single book, you could either buy the book yourself and craft it yourself, or find a single crafter that knew the style to craft everything for you. Breaking it up into pages means having to find crafters who know how to craft each piece of the style, increasing trade. Depending on its reception ZOS was either going to continue with the page-by-page style for future motifs or return to one-book-to-rule-them-all. As a crafter, I have not seen much of a positive or negative response to the page-by-page method, likely due to the style itself not being in terribly high demand. Several items of it, such as Swords, are liked by players, but not the style as a whole.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well i think it looks cool,

And the material you need to make it is not just a single item that you pickup,
    you actually need to pick up 10 pieces of scrap to make one dwemer frame to make one item......

PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ffastyl wrote: »
    The breaking of the style into pages is/was an attempt to help the crafting economy.
    IMO @stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO's explanation is far more plausible.

Edited by KerinKor on June 4, 2015 12:59PM
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Especially the light hood and shield look pretty cool.

FbEdkCN.jpg
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The shield is great but I wish it was bigger.
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do like the shield a lot. My Imperial DK tank uses Imperial style gear, but he's got sword & board on both bars. For my primary bar they're Imperial style, with a sword. For my secondary bar they're Dwemer style, with an axe. The Dwemer style doesn't look out of place to me with the rest of my gear being Imperial, but at the same time it's distinctive enough (particularly the shield, which I love) that I always know which bar is active, so I always know what skills I'm using.

I've got a Redguard Templar who I'm planning on setting up to swap between a healer/DPS setup and a tank setup by swapping out gear sets and skill bars using Wykkyd's Outfitter. His tanking gear is all going to be Dwemer so I can easily tell which setup I've got him in, and he'll have a Redguard sword and shield on one bar, and a Dwemer axe and shield on the other.

I need more Dwemer Frames though... I think I'm only sitting on about 7 or 8 of them at the moment.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • NateAssassin
    NateAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say it's popular because of the light armor which looks pretty cool with almost any dye, and the weapons like the bow look pretty cool as well, there is also the fact that the frames are hard to get and the motifs are split up making them harder to find which usually makes things more desirable.
    AD | Malaya the Mystic ─ VR16 Khajiit Sorc | Shal'ina the Swift ─ VR16 Khajiit NB | Jòhn Cena ─ VR1 Khajiit NB | Priestess Shaari ─ VR1 Temp
  • Saddiq
    Saddiq
    ✭✭✭
    The de-mystifying of Dwemer culture in ESO is one of my least favourite aspects of the game. The whole point of the Dwemer was a mysterious archaeological treasure hunt with tattered glimpses of aspects of their culture that was never meant to be drawn into the degree it has been. First Redguard (the 1998 game) and then Morrowind set and maintained this tone of a kind of 'sub-Indiana Jones game-within-a-game' motif.

Dwemer pets goes against the very nature of the narrative function of Dwemer in ES.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Saddiq wrote: »
    The de-mystifying of Dwemer culture in ESO is one of my least favourite aspects of the game.

Dwemer pets goes against the very nature of the narrative function of Dwemer in ES.

In Morrowind you could summon one to fight by your side, but it was time-limited, and in a way it was like summoning up a ghost.

I don't have enough frames yet to attempt dweomer armor in ESO. I'll probably try some to get a look, but the pics I've seen on the crown store ads don't really look like anything I would want to wear.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis