The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Please explain the dynamics of all of the staffs

Ugly.Duck
Ugly.Duck
I'd like to know what the different abilities of each staff is. Please explain in detail.

Thanks
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do. Some. Research. First.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The staff abilities are technically the same, just if they freeze/burn or whatever the enemy will be different based on the staff element
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not going to go into details bout what they do just the difference between the elements.

Heavy attacks+Tri Focus:
    -Frost-Charged projectile-Slow
    -Fire-Charged Projectile-Bonus Damage-The way to go.
    -Shock-beam and charged projectile at end-Splash damage +full heavy shock attacks supposedly return more magicka back

Destructive Clench+Morphs:
    -Frost freezes target not very good CC
    -Flame -knock back-Can be quite useful and fun in both PVE and PVP-The fire version is the only version of the skill that is worth having IMO.
    -Shock-Splash damage- Useless lo low damage projectile.

Wall of elements:
    -Fire -more damage-Skill is not that great anymore. It was my main skill from lvl5 to V2 on my NB when the Fire animations were actually awesome in the game. :(
    -Frost -Mostly useless slow
    -Shock-Mostly useless set off balance

Force Shock + Morphs:
    -The main ST damage skill in destro.The same for all elements from What I have seen.
    Weakness to Elements + morphs:
    -does the same thing for every element

Impulse-the main AOE of the skill line with an stupidly nerfed range and newcrappy animations.
    -Frost-slows- not that usefull
    -Fire-Extra damage and Burning DOT- Usefull for procing Skoria set
    -Shock-Concusion- People in pvp seem to like it for some reason .

Conclusion- When in doubt go fire staff because the others suck and in the end all you really want to do is burn stuff with fire.Even if ZOS completely ruined fire animations in the game.One of the few highly praised features at launch. :'(
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is fire really the way to go though? In PvP, I've been using lighting because of the fact that it is not reflected by the DKs scales (though that seems less of a problem in this new age of NBs and Sorcs). I was also assuming that the lighting is not absorbed by the Sorcs' Ball of Lightning, though your wording that there is a 'projectile' at the end of the lighting heavy attack now has me confused...
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is fire really the way to go though? In PvP, I've been using lighting because of the fact that it is not reflected by the DKs scales (though that seems less of a problem in this new age of NBs and Sorcs). I was also assuming that the lighting is not absorbed by the Sorcs' Ball of Lightning, though your wording that there is a 'projectile' at the end of the lighting heavy attack now has me confused...

As far as I know, the final projectile at the end CAN be reflected.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frost - Garbage.

Lightning - massive DPS loss because you cannot weave heavy attacks. potentially useful as a channel, but one can easily channel a resto and use inferno staff as main.

Fire - By far the best staff for 95% of the combat that you will see in game.
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valymer wrote: »

As far as I know, the final projectile at the end CAN be reflected.

nope only the light attack of lightining staff can be reflected by scales.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Ugly.Duck
    Ugly.Duck
    Thanks for the help folks; I tried google for info. but there wasn't anything near as good as what ya'll posted.

Thanks again!
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frost - Garbage.

Lightning - massive DPS loss because you cannot weave heavy attacks. potentially useful as a channel, but one can easily channel a resto and use inferno staff as main.

Fire - By far the best staff for 95% of the combat that you will see in game.

What do you weave it with? Just wondering...
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »

nope only the light attack of lightining staff can be reflected by scales.

Good to know...not that I ever plan on using it, but at least I know how it works.
    Edited by Valymer on May 30, 2015 9:50PM