The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dawnbreaker Breaks the Game!

Teargrants
Teargrants
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxskXIbsQH0
As you can see, I would like to congratulate ZOS for being proactive in their fight against lag by making dawnbreaker blind those who use it during lag. I believe it is time to demand this feature be added to all ults, so that everyone may witness the blinding light of Judgement Day.
POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
EP ※ Teargrants ※
EP ※ Kissgrants ※
DC ※ Kirsi ※
Vehemence Council
#JustOutOfRenderRange
~Teargrants YouTube~
┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Working as intended.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or..maybe its the company you keep!!
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That' would drive me crazy... It doesn't do that for me. I wonder if it's how some GPUs or settings are handling the pfx. at 6:03 lol
    Edited by Sacadon on May 30, 2015 12:15PM
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxskXIbsQH0
    As you can see, I would like to congratulate ZOS for being proactive in their fight against lag by making dawnbreaker blind those who use it during lag. I believe it is time to demand this feature be added to all ults, so that everyone may witness the blinding light of Judgement Day.

I discovered that a few weeks ago, reminded me of counter-strike 1.6 when some clown on your team starts each round with "Fire in the hole".
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Its the visual atmospheric effect of Dawnbreaker itself. At the speed of a snail.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • nothing2591
    nothing2591
    ✭✭✭
    just a normal day in cyrodill
    VR16 nb rank 28 svampenn
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why did you keep using the skill after the first time it blinded you?
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I discovered this a few months back. It only happens to me in lag fights. Quite annoying.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poxheart wrote: »
    Why did you keep using the skill after the first time it blinded you?

Obviously because our inner monkey demands it.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    Sacadon wrote: »
    That' would drive me crazy... It doesn't do that for me. I wonder if it's how some GPUs or settings are handling the pfx. at 6:03 lol
    Turn off Bloom for one thing.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, ZOS is to blame for people that intentionally lag the server and get strange results when they spam ultimates while it's happening?

Here is a tip for ZOS: watch video, write down the names of everyone in this guys group... check logs on each and every one. Half of them are bans... at least.

• Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Funny.
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I gotta say say the obvious it is not the skill that is breaking the game. Funny though when I have witnessed lag any of my skills doesn´t work.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    lol

Sadly this is the root cause of the issue. Only had this happen once with dawnbreaker and its because FENGRUSH was battling said group. Was quite shocked to see the white light when it happened, its very bright.

Same thing, I thought my 970 blew up for a second.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LET THERE BE LIGHTTTT!!!!!!!!!!
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Claiming our 17 people are the reason for all the lag is asinine, you can see in the very beginning of the video there is a yellow blob easily twice our numbers doing nothing but spamming heals/purges/ult while we are quite spread out in comparison. That aside, there was a large keep fight going on across the map, which had the ping up to 600+ before we even engaged. Of course this being the forums, I don't expect anything beyond the knee jerk reactions. But sure, keep blaming a small group of players as the cause of all your lag, instead of holding ZOS accountable. It's not like there was a lighting patch that degraded everyone's performance and was never fully fixed - and it's not like 1.6 made lag reach even stronger levels.

Why do I keep using dawnbreaker? If I didn't there wouldn't be a psychedelic video.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WTB more Dawnbreaker revelations!
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »
    Q: "Have you seen this type of behaviour before?"

If the answer is no,
    1. Caused by Havoc, HavocLag, Lag, Divine Intervention, Packet Loss, most likely attributed to Havoc

If the answer is yes,
    • Write an essay outlining apparent knowledge of the games network logic without contextual sense, whilst secertly blaming Havoc.

Ghost, can I add viva la Venatus to my signature too?

Of course you can Kate <3
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Asteria2
    Asteria2
    ✭✭✭
    Q: "Have you seen this type of behaviour before?"

If the answer is no,
    1. Caused by Havoc, HavocLag, Lag, Divine Intervention, Packet Loss, most likely attributed to Havoc

If the answer is yes,
    • Write an essay outlining apparent knowledge of the games network logic without contextual sense, whilst secertly blaming Havoc.

Ghost, can I add viva la Venatus to my signature too?

Of course you can Kate <3

<3
    Sarulina Grayaire (v15 AD Sorc)
    Saru Gray (v16 EP Sorc)
    Saru Grey (v16 EP Temp)
    Sarulina Gray (v14 EP NB)
    Saru Gráy (v13 DC Sorc)
    Sáru Gray (v7 EP Sorc)
    Gargoyle (v9 DC NB)
    Saro Gray (baby EP DK)

Havoc
    Viva la Venatus
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    Claiming our 17 people are the reason for all the lag is asinine, you can see in the very beginning of the video there is a yellow blob easily twice our numbers doing nothing but spamming heals/purges/ult while we are quite spread out in comparison. That aside, there was a large keep fight going on across the map, which had the ping up to 600+ before we even engaged. Of course this being the forums, I don't expect anything beyond the knee jerk reactions. But sure, keep blaming a small group of players as the cause of all your lag, instead of holding ZOS accountable. It's not like there was a lighting patch that degraded everyone's performance and was never fully fixed - and it's not like 1.6 made lag reach even stronger levels.

Why do I keep using dawnbreaker? If I didn't there wouldn't be a psychedelic video.

Maybe your group had "17" players. There wasn't just 17 of you there. I was there and it wasn't like you were outnumbered at all, and you were wiped twice at that general location before you showed up and lagged everything out, whoever it was did it intentionally and we all know it. I make an appearance in your video, I was there... and I was there before the lagattack began and you all got stomped.

Only reason you keep going is you can still rez people as you move from hiding in a house to hiding behind a house to hiding behind a tower. There is nothing to be done to stop you from rezzing people, as everything is desynced from a damage perspective.

If you have no idea, you ought be wondering why exactly it always happens. Because it doesn't always happen... It only happens when certain people are around. I had bigger fights than that fight the same exact night, no lag (or acceptable lag).

The white out happens during the normal usage of dawnbreaker btw. It's just when you spam 6 of them or more (or whatever) they seem to overlap and create the ridiculous white out in your video. But if you watch it's normal usage closely you will see the white out it causes, it's quite brief.
  • ZOS_LenaicR
    ZOS_LenaicR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

We're closing this thread due to inflammatory behavior. We welcome constructive discussion of the game, whether positive or negative, but as stated in our Code of Conduct we do not allow threads intended solely to flame and trolling.

If you genuinely believe someone has violated our Terms of Service, you should report them in-game via the support interface — do not bring the situation onto the official ESO community forums.

Thank you for your understanding.

Edit : We have processed some moderation. Keep in mind that Naming&Shaming and trolling aren't acceptable on our forums.
    Edited by ZOS_LenaicR on May 31, 2015 3:44PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | Base de connaissance ESO

Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.