The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The challange of eso lvling - or lack there of.

• Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alphashado wrote: »
    I also pointed out that level 50 is nowhere close to endgame. This will become painfully obvious once you get there. I suggest you get there before you judge the game. 1-49 is nothing. It is a glorified starter zone.

@Alphashado, wait wait, that's your argument? That's a good thing?!? that's the whole damn problem!

I must add; who gives a **** about endgame? People want to enjoy the game not sit at max level and have nothing memorable to look back on!
    Edited by Shunravi on May 31, 2015 4:53PM
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have levelled my main at game launch.

When ZoS implemented Craglorn, I was close to max VR level already.

At the time, I found the game immensely enjoyable. I loved the need to dodge roll when needed, to pay attention not to pull 3 groups. I loved to have to understand how to take down that lowbie-yet-nasty Soul Harvester (the name eludes me now).
    I am not an "awesome" player and I am 43 old so my reaction times are pretty bad.

Then the game got supremely nerfed due to a whining rampage. I tried to bring in some reason but of course it was for naught. But in the end I did not totally care, because I already had my heavy dose of fun, the nerf would only affect my last 2 levels.

Fast forward 1 year. I got an itch to "re-experience" the game. After all I had to deal with so many gold farmers (who made certain bosses just unavailable), so many quests were broken that this time I would have a chance to experience the full game.

I created a new alt and foolishly crafted a set of blue gear for her.

What a massive, utter disappointment!!!

Every single non boss NPC got 2 shot. Every single boss can't finish half his "sentences" because by that time they are already dead.

I immediately stopped crafting blue gear for the alt, did not assign champion points AND stopped adding skill points to skills. I did not use a single food or potion. Ever.

Even then, it's still the epithome of boring.

4 days and 16 hours to get to level 50. Clearing every achievement, clearing every 4 man dungeon (the hard part being finding the players to do them) and clearing every public dungeon including getting the "all bosses killed" achievement.

Here is my UBER gear. At VR1 I was still wearing respectively level 28 (!!!!!!!!!!!) and 30 rings. The rest was barely better. I put 4 pictures but I have the rest of the gear if someone is curious about how to "garbage-gear-up" a character.

gERPN0e.jpg

FYHY6pR.jpg

IzYiUDo.jpg

tubgY6r.jpg

Basically I am close to the "use level 1 gear" suggestion above.

The main quest became an utter joke, I had to stop and run circles to at least be able to listen to what the various bosses wanted to say, otherwise they literally died in 5 (five) hits. FIVE!

I soloed every outdoor boss including those with 4-5 NPCs while being below their level.
    I soloed every dolmen.
    I soloed every public instance including "group boss" bosses. I got the "all bosses killed" in each.

I can pull 4-5 spawns in regular quests and I don't die.

The worst part is, I used to be a good player but now I am a "retirement grade casual", so no, it's definitely my skill.

The game has just became unbelievably easy, to the point I can play max 2 hours and then I inevitably fall asleep.

From level 1 to VR 2 (my current level) I have died once. Because the game crashed while in battle of course, not because of difficulty.

What have they done to ESO. It's now close to unplayable. I could put my cat at the keyboard and she'd probably level up in few days.
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »

At the time, I found the game immensely enjoyable. I loved the need to dodge roll when needed, to pay attention not to pull 3 groups. I loved to have to understand how to take down that lowbie-yet-nasty Soul Harvester (the name eludes me now).
    I am not an "awesome" player and I am 43 old so my reaction times are pretty bad.

Then the game got supremely nerfed due to a whining rampage. I tried to bring in some reason but of course it was for naught. But in the end I did not totally care, because I already had my heavy dose of fun, the nerf would only affect my last 2 levels.

Fast forward 1 year. I got an itch to "re-experience" the game. After all I had to deal with so many gold farmers (who made certain bosses just unavailable), so many quests were broken that this time I would have a chance to experience the full game.

Every single non boss NPC got 2 shot. Every single boss can't finish half his "sentences" because by that time they are already dead.

I immediately stopped crafting blue gear for the alt, did not assign champion points AND stopped adding skill points to skills. I did not use a single food or potion. Ever.

4 days and 16 hours to get to level 50. Clearing every achievement, clearing every 4 man dungeon (the hard part being finding the players to do them) and clearing every public dungeon including getting the "all bosses killed" achievement.

Here is my UBER gear. At VR1 I was still wearing respectively level 28 (!!!!!!!!!!!) and 30 rings. The rest was barely better. I put 4 pictures but I have the rest of the gear if someone is curious about how to "garbage-gear-up" a character.

gERPN0e.jpg

FYHY6pR.jpg

IzYiUDo.jpg

tubgY6r.jpg

The main quest became an utter joke, I had to stop and run circles to at least be able to listen to what the various bosses wanted to say, otherwise they literally died in 5 (five) hits. FIVE!

I soloed every outdoor boss including those with 4-5 NPCs while being below their level.
    I soloed every dolmen.
    I soloed every public instance including "group boss" bosses. I got the "all bosses killed" in each.

The worst part is, I used to be a good player but now I am a "retirement grade casual", so no, it's definitely my skill.

The game has just became unbelievably easy, to the point I can play max 2 hours and then I inevitably fall asleep.

From level 1 to VR 2 (my current level) I have died once. Because the game crashed while in battle of course, not because of difficulty.

What have they done to ESO. It's now close to unplayable. I could put my cat at the keyboard and she'd probably level up in few days.
    ^^^
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the difficulty. Sure, I can do the questlines about 5-6 levels below the levels of the enemies - but I can't solo a public dungeon, group boss or Dark Anchor at the rcommended - I need a group for that, or to come back when I'm better...
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shunravi wrote: »
    I also pointed out that level 50 is nowhere close to endgame. This will become painfully obvious once you get there. I suggest you get there before you judge the game. 1-49 is nothing. It is a glorified starter zone.

@Alphashado, wait wait, that's your argument? That's a good thing?!? that's the whole damn problem!

I must add; who gives a **** about endgame? People want to enjoy the game not sit at max level and have nothing memorable to look back on!

Not sure how many times I have to say this before it sinks in. Level 50 is not endgame. Not even close. You basically have another 130 levels to go after level 50 which is the same as vet rank one. Some people think vet content is too easy. Most are ok with it.

But 1-49 is a VERY SMALL % of the content you have to trudge through before you even get remotely close to engame. 1-49 is nothing. If you get to vet 5 and still think it's too easy, then so be it. But I must admit that it gets pretty annoying when someone comes in here raging on about content when they haven't even played through 20% of it.

On a side note: An incredibly large % of MMO players "give a **** about endgame".
    Edited by Alphashado on May 31, 2015 11:05PM
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    So i got eso a while back and I'm noticing this. There is no, I mean NO challange in this game if grouping, or when playing solo for that matter.. I only group up with one friend and the game is so easy we skip half the quest and still find no challenge.

"Hey it's an elder scrolls game you should be able to solo it" it is an elder scrolls game, but if you want to play solo elder scrolls, why the serious *** would you choose the only one in the series that has multiplayer? The whole point of this game was is to play the elder scrolls with friends. But for that to be of any fun you need to change the game. This game has THE best combat, art style, crafting etc of ANY mmo out there but for what? 2 shotting enemies and OH MY LORD 4 shotting bosses? I mean you get no feel for the combat if you spend 2 seconds in each encounter. And even if you solo and play as I and many other players do, for completion in an area. You will soon find yourself out lvling mobs and eventually being able to solo world bosses with little difficulty if you get a grasp of the combat and can make a DECENT build with any thought put into it.

"But you can just skip 90 % of the quest, not just half and move on to higher lvl content" except you can't. You truly can't. Not only are most quest leading to something new but you miss potential skill points from skyshards as well as quests. Not to mention: You're skipping content! Why would you design a game for skipping content, you shouldn't skip content you should want to do ALL of the content.

"An mmo is about end game!!!!111!!!1!" *** you. An mmo is not about end game, just like a mmo isn't just about pve, or pvp or aynthing else. It's about the package, and if you think the game is about 1 aspect, play that but don't tell others that they can't criticize the parts you don't even play. Thank you.

What's to take from this. ZOS, stop pretending you can appeal to the solo elder scrolls players, they already tried the game and went back to morrowind, oblivion or skyrim (or all) or they have zero intrest in the game. Make the game for the people who want to play with friends, and if not at least make the bosses extremely difficult, and those don't need to be for solo players, they can come back for them later if they really want to but anyone with half a brain and 10 fingers need more challanges early on. The game is too damn easy.

EDIT: Not to mention on the offset chance of 1 % that you would die. There is practically no punishment, you can get a passive that allows you to just spawn on the spot, and without it you have to, OH NO, walk a while back... When they make dying as practically non punishing as possible, why are they so afraid of killing you? Stayin alive and/or keeping your friends alive is fun, but it's not funt if you can't die, then it means nothing.

agree with all, but you need more emphasis on no death penalty. the way shrines are like 2 feet from each other and ever objective within the game. so you don't even have to make an effort to get back to where you were when you died lol. but i am just being nit-picky lol
    Edited by ahstin2001nub18_ESO on May 31, 2015 10:52PM
    I will work. I will save. I will sacrifice. I will endure. I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the whole issue of the struggle depended on me alone.

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO

Not sure how many times I have to say this before it sinks in. Level 50 is not endgame. Not even close. You basically have another 130 levels to go after level 50 which is the same as vet rank one. Some people think vet content is too easy. Most are ok with it.

But 1-49 is a VERY SMALL % of the content you have to trudge through before you even get remotely close to engame. 1-49 is nothing. If you get to vet 5 and still think it's too easy, then so be it. But I must admit that it gets pretty annoying when someone comes in here raging on about content when they haven't even played through 20% of it.

On a side note: An incredibly large % of MMO players "give a **** about endgame".

my past is primarily one of end-game hardcore raiding, and i definitely agree more with the OP's point because of it. you gotta walk before you run, sure, but if you are always walking you won't get very far, very fast. yeah i can solo most of craglorn as well, but there are points where i don't say "its too hard" because i know its geared for a group-not a solo'er. levels 1-50 should be focused on character development in order to ensure the player knows what to expect in the harder, more complex content- grouping and raiding. one thing that tends to stand out strongly, is that the easier the beginning and middle content, the less skilled or aware players are at end-game. we have all had pugs, most would agree that they suck because you tend to get stuck with some real clowns. raids have steadily followed suit with the easing of the preliminary content- this includes grouping situations as well, prior to end-game.

with the addition of the champion system and the potential, if not inevitable, removal of veteran ranks, veteran ranks have taken a fairly large hit in value. yes, you still need to grind them out, but the focus post-50 should be on champion points and just accept that veteran ranks will come as you go. you literally can't avoid acquiring one, without the other.

i think its fairly irrelevant as what percentage is what, in terms of content. at the end of the day, it makes up for part of the 100% of the content. that means people do it.... if they don't have even a slight challenge people lose focus, and some lose drive. i think the game is fun, but the part that sucks is the constant chain pulls you have to do in order to increase difficulty, and the constant repairs that go ignore in the interest of difficulty. i wouldn't complain about chain pulls, but mobs are tethered so pulling large quantities of mobs can become a skill in of itself.

it wouldn't be hard to set things up to increase the difficulty slightly, while ensuring some content can be done solo. a good balance between mob quantity and distance within a camp, can aid in increasing the difficulty of camps (condensed location of mobs) and a balanced separation between mobs that roam benefits the solo'er since you won't get swamped as much. you don't need a group for roamers and you don't need a group for camp mobs, but if you are in a group you can go hog wild on a camp and just accept that roamers aren't for you. this same principal can be applied if you are grinding and just want to take it up a notch on the difficulty spectrum. it would be a far better solution than adjusting every mob with respect to difficulty, which saves time and money.
    Edited by ahstin2001nub18_ESO on June 1, 2015 1:13AM
    I will work. I will save. I will sacrifice. I will endure. I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the whole issue of the struggle depended on me alone.

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm still not sure where you keep getting the impression that I am an engame fanatic. The only thing I've said in this thread in regards to endgame is that it doesn't start until V14. I said this because when I suggested that there is a lot more to this game than levels 1-49, multiple people assumed (incorrectly) that I was talking about endgame. I was (and still am) talking about Vet Ranks.

As I said. I do not shrug off anyone's opinion. Particularly if it's expressed in a reasonable fashion. I will however disagree with an opinion if I disagree with it.

We all know that level 1-49 is very easy to many people. Nobody is disputing that. But those of us that have played through Vet Content also know that it gets harder as you progress. Maybe not has challenging as some people would like, but certainly more challenging than 1-49. So isn't it reasonable to suggest that people experience vet ranks (which consists of roughly 70% of the existing content) before they go into a tirade about how easy they find the game?

My opinion is this: 1-49 is easy for most experienced gamers or those that have CP and multiple alts. However I think it is just right for new gamers to learn the fight mechanics, builds, techniques, and basic fundamentals of the game. ESO has never been about hardcore gaming. 1-49 is enjoyable to some just like its unenjoyable to others.

Vet content (V1-V14 NOT EMDGAME) offers more of a challenge. You can still very easily get your face melted in certain situations if you aren't paying attention. And (here is the important part) most people enjoy the difficulty just the way it is. What makes me say this you ask? It's simple. For every one thread we see now about how easy ESO is, there were ten before the VR nerf complaining how hard it was.

Endgame content is just fine the way it is. DSA and VDSA still offer very challenging content for the average or even above average gamer. Vet dungeons are still incredibly hard for some people that don't have the luxury of a good PvE guild or a group of friends to constantly run with. All of this content can be beaten by the average gamer that puts forth the time and effort required to learn the fights and learn their characters, and that is a difficulty threshold that I like and many many people agree with me. And this is just my opinion.

Now when you come in here and start bragging about how you can run VDSA with a blindfold on, how do you think that comes across to all the people that are still struggling to beat it? Do you realize how patronizing the "L2P" mantra is?

In a nutshell, you can't make everyone happy. If you want to discuss/debate, then fine. If you just keep insulting me then I will ignore you.
    Edited by Alphashado on June 1, 2015 2:42AM
  • retyler3_ESO
    retyler3_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    "Hey it's an elder scrolls game you should be able to solo it" it is an elder scrolls game, but if you want to play solo elder scrolls, why the serious *** would you choose the only one in the series that has multiplayer? The whole point of this game was is to play the elder scrolls with friends.

Multiplayer simple means several/other/more players. The word does not mean I have to group with other people. The whole point of the game might be for you to play with friends, but it may not be the reason I and other people play.
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm still not sure where you keep getting the impression that I am an engame fanatic. The only thing I've said in this thread in regards to endgame is that it doesn't start until V14. I said this because when I suggested that there is a lot more to this game than levels 1-49, multiple people assumed (incorrectly) that I was talking about endgame. I was (and still am) talking about Vet Ranks.

As I said. I do not shrug off anyone's opinion. Particularly if it's expressed in a reasonable fashion. I will however disagree with an opinion if I disagree with it.

We all know that level 1-49 is very easy to many people. Nobody is disputing that. But those of us that have played through Vet Content also know that it gets harder as you progress. Maybe not has challenging as some people would like, but certainly more challenging than 1-49. So isn't it reasonable to suggest that people experience vet ranks (which consists of roughly 70% of the existing content) before they go into a tirade about how easy they find the game?

My opinion is this: 1-49 is easy for most experienced gamers or those that have CP and multiple alts. However I think it is just right for new gamers to learn the fight mechanics, builds, techniques, and basic fundamentals of the game. ESO has never been about hardcore gaming. 1-49 is enjoyable to some just like its unenjoyable to others.

Vet content (V1-V14 NOT EMDGAME) offers more of a challenge. You can still very easily get your face melted in certain situations if you aren't paying attention. And (here is the important part) most people enjoy the difficulty just the way it is. What makes me say this you ask? It's simple. For every one thread we see now about how easy ESO is, there were ten before the VR nerf complaining how hard it was.

Endgame content is just fine the way it is. DSA and VDSA still offer very challenging content for the average or even above average gamer. Vet dungeons are still incredibly hard for some people that don't have the luxury of a good PvE guild or a group of friends to constantly run with. All of this content can be beaten by the average gamer that puts forth the time and effort required to learn the fights and learn their characters, and that is a difficulty threshold that I like and many many people agree with me.

Now when you come in here and start bragging about how you can run VDSA with a blindfold on, how do you think that comes across to all the people that are still struggling to beat it? Do you realize how patronizing the "L2P" mantra is?

In a nutshell, you can't make everyone happy. If you want to discuss/debate, then fine. If you just keep insulting me then I will ignore you.
    since you won the reporrt war, I'm just going to say it's cute that you think my perspective is this "L2P mantra" and that since you still insist on "But I must admit that it gets pretty annoying when someone comes in here raging on about content when they haven't even played through 20% of it" that I still laugh at that perspective. Please just ignore me already. In 9+ months of you attacking endgame players it's just tiring now.
    Edited by Shunravi on June 1, 2015 2:26AM
  • n.englishb14_ESO
    n.englishb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The funny part about this thread, is that the OP has no choice but to face the most difficult struggle ESO has to offer. Complaining on forums lol.

Face it, the gane was not made to cater to you, and since its a good not a service zeni has no incentive to cater to you.

You have opted for the most difficult route to enjoy the game, I personally would have just looked for something else, but instead you have the commitment to attempt to rebalance essentially all of PvE aroumd your tastes.

Hilarious
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The funny part about this thread, is that the OP has no choice but to face the most difficult struggle ESO has to offer. Complaining on forums lol.

Face it, the gane was not made to cater to you, and since its a good not a service zeni has no incentive to cater to you.

You have opted for the most difficult route to enjoy the game, I personally would have just looked for something else, but instead you have the commitment to attempt to rebalance essentially all of PvE aroumd your tastes.

Hilarious

It happened once despite the oppositions complaints. Could happen again.

That's what's hilarious.
  • curlyqloub14_ESO
    curlyqloub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Totally agree with the OP.

I've been around since beta, it was definitely more of a challenge back then - required the player to use a bit of strategy to fight. I can't recall all the bosses that have been nerfed into oblivion since then.

Seems like it all started when people reached level 10-15 , and the outcry began: "zomg DOSHIA is WAY too HARD, plz nerf!!!!" And the nerf-fest began, and has been rollin' ever since. It's a shame, I remember thinking Doshia was the first fun, actually challenging fight that I went through (and died multiple times before I got it down). And after I finally beat her, I felt a true sense of accomplishment - like my character was finally getting more powerful. And the skies cleared and life was good. :)

A few months later I ran that fight again with an alt, and it took like 1 minute with zero deaths...and was a huge disappointment. Don't even get me started on the pansy versions of Mannimarco and Molag Bal we have these days.

And no, I am definitely not a "hardcore" gamer. This is really only the second game I've ever played.

Some people in this thread mention Vet levels being more of a challenge. Well, perhaps for some they are. I am one of those crazy folks who likes to do every quest in the zone, and also likes to PvP a bit here and there. When I would get a hankering for a change from questing, I'd spend a couple hours in PvP. Well, unfortunately that PvP combined with my desire to complete each zone meant that I was already V8 when I was STARTING the Vet zones. So, no, vet levels were not much of a challenge either.

What they really need is a difficulty slider. So people who need easy can make it easy, and people who don't want to be 8 levels over everything they are fighting can make it harder. And all will be happy.
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Endgame content is just fine the way it is. DSA and VDSA still offer very challenging content for the average or even above average gamer. Vet dungeons are still incredibly hard for some people that don't have the luxury of a good PvE guild or a group of friends to constantly run with. All of this content can be beaten by the average gamer that puts forth the time and effort required to learn the fights and learn their characters, and that is a difficulty threshold that I like and many many people agree with me.

since you won the reporrt war, I'm just going to say it's cute that you think my perspective is this "L2P mantra" and that since you still insist on "But I must admit that it gets pretty annoying when someone comes in here raging on about content when they haven't even played through 20% of it" that I still laugh at that perspective. Please just ignore me already. In 9+ months of you attacking endgame players it's just tiring now.

I did not report you. Someone else must have. And I don't have anything against endgame players, nor have I ever suggested that I did. In fact, I enjoy endgame content just as much as the next guy. I'm still not sure where you get this idea. In fact several times I have mentioned that I am sticking up for and agreeing with the people that find ESO endgame to be a fair amount of challenge. It is very perplexing to me that you keep insisting I have something against endgamers. Perhaps I am being misunderstood somehow. It happens.

In regards to difficulty, there really is no answer that will make everyone happy. The difficulty slider debate has been raging forever with some merits and some valid concerns. Otherwise the only thing ZoS can do is offer various degrees of difficulty in their game and hope that each player can find challenges suitable to their taste. Naturally this approach means that at some point, players are going to come across content they either find too easy or too hard or just right.

I don't know what the answer is. I've never pretended to. I just know that a blanket increase in difficulty is only going to swing the spectrum in the other direction and you will still have unhappy people.

Edited by Alphashado on June 1, 2015 2:56AM
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think this quote pretty much sums up a lot about leveling in ESO.

"One player's challenge is both another's frustration or faceroll. While not everyone can be pleased, be content with what you have because there is the option of not having it at all."
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I don't know what the answer is. I've never pretended to. I just know that a blanket increase in difficulty is only going to swing the spectrum in the other direction and you will still have unhappy people.

you know what, im probably just tired and angry that all my friends left the game the last time they changed the dificulty, and i just want to see them ingame again. And im drunk... so sorry.
  • leshpar
    leshpar
    ✭✭✭
    This MMO is the least about end game of any MMO I've ever played. The story and environments are where this game really shines bright. Combat is amazing too. Sure it can be easy to kill the mobs, but if you want a challenge try something like soloing the public dungeons at correct level or soloing a dolmen. These can be done, but are really hard sometimes.
  • BloodStorm
    BloodStorm
    ✭✭✭
    Group dungeons are more fun and harder than any MMO out there pretty much. Almost every other MMO group challenges are really easy. ESO is still an ES game and needs to be very single player friendly. I actually think 4 man dungeons should be the biggest groups get but of course ZoS would try and release new dungeons every 2 months or so. Find a balance and new content rolls out fast. I plan on going console at launch this June and hopefully in July- August they push hard to release new content.
    Edited by BloodStorm on June 1, 2015 5:52AM
  • VincentBlanquin
    VincentBlanquin
    ✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »

gERPN0e.jpg

FYHY6pR.jpg

IzYiUDo.jpg

tubgY6r.jpg

I soloed every dolmen.

^^^

the game is very unbalanced through characters setup. you probably play one of easy specs. not every specs is so easy. but overal i agree its too easy

Irwen Vincinter - Nord - Dragonknight
    Irw´en - Bosmer - Nightblade
  • SwedishMini
    SwedishMini
    ✭✭✭
    BloodStorm wrote: »
    Group dungeons are more fun and harder than any MMO out there pretty much. Almost every other MMO group challenges are really easy. ESO is still an ES game and needs to be very single player friendly. I actually think 4 man dungeons should be the biggest groups get but of course ZoS would try and release new dungeons every 2 months or so. Find a balance and new content rolls out fast. I plan on going console at launch this June and hopefully in July- August they push hard to release new content.

Why should group bosses and dark anchors be for solo players? They are big baddas and should be a huge obstacle, not something you roll over without any care in the world. Yes I agree you should be able to lvl solo, but bosses and dark anchors should not be soloable. Especially dark anchors, they need some serious buffing.
    leshpar wrote: »
    This MMO is the least about end game of any MMO I've ever played. The story and environments are where this game really shines bright. Combat is amazing too. Sure it can be easy to kill the mobs, but if you want a challenge try something like soloing the public dungeons at correct level or soloing a dolmen. These can be done, but are really hard sometimes.

Holy balls. Once again, someone tells me to SOLO GROUP content for challange. It's dumb and you know it.

Hilarious

You know what's hilarious? That the best a deadric prince can throw at me is a flesh atronach that dies from 5 hits by a group of 3. No wait, that's pathetic. You're right ZOS has no need to change the game for me, and if they don't I can't do anything about it. So what the *** is your point? Shut up and swallow the fact that I spend 60 dollars on a game which biggest challange is a cold breeze? Do you even know what a forum is for? And as I mentioned in a previous reply: they can keep all quests as easy as they are but at least make group bosses and dark anchors more difficult, the group content should be challenging for a group.
    "Hey it's an elder scrolls game you should be able to solo it" it is an elder scrolls game, but if you want to play solo elder scrolls, why the serious *** would you choose the only one in the series that has multiplayer? The whole point of this game was is to play the elder scrolls with friends.

Multiplayer simple means several/other/more players. The word does not mean I have to group with other people. The whole point of the game might be for you to play with friends, but it may not be the reason I and other people play.

No but it was the reason it was created. And be honest, would you suddenly stop playing the game if world bosses and dark anchors became more difficult and you had to group up (oh no, grouping in an mmo, what heresy) to finnish them? Would you be sad if you had to WORK to feel like a badass, and have that feeling enhanced BECAUSE you worked for it? I hope not. But if you do, I do wonder. Why do you want to play eso and not skyrim, oblivion or morrowind which are all better single player games?

And yes, multiplayer by defintion means just several palyers. But for a rich experience you need to design the game for multiplayer, at least some aspects of it.

Endgame content is just fine the way it is. DSA and VDSA still offer very challenging content for the average or even above average gamer. Vet dungeons are still incredibly hard for some people that don't have the luxury of a good PvE guild or a group of friends to constantly run with. All of this content can be beaten by the average gamer that puts forth the time and effort required to learn the fights and learn their characters, and that is a difficulty threshold that I like and many many people agree with me. And this is just my opinion.

You now agree that 1-49 is too easy. So why can't i complain that 1-49 is too easy? That's like saying I can't give a resturant a bad time for their Lobster because their stake is delicious.

I have 2 characters, one on 35, one on 15 so I don't have any CP's and if the game bores me enough before I reach 50 neither will I ever get any.

Vet content is not lvling, I'm strictly talking lvling.

I assume the last two paraphrases were not for me.

I still believe that dark anchors and world bosses are way too easy. They look cool enough to invade tamriel but the send daedra so weak you might mistake them for kittens.
    AdamBourke wrote: »
    I like the difficulty. Sure, I can do the questlines about 5-6 levels below the levels of the enemies - but I can't solo a public dungeon, group boss or Dark Anchor at the rcommended - I need a group for that, or to come back when I'm better...

I think you can at least do group bosses solo if you really tried, but if you can't at least know that too many can. They are suposse to be hard and dark anchors, well you have to admit, they are too easy. Sure you can't solo them but as soon as 2 more show up everything dies so quickly you rarely get to see what attacks the enemies have.
  • wilsonirayb16_ESO
    Levelling is totally let down by how fast it happens and how far ahead of the curve you are when you reach the next location.

Shared dungeons where there's nothing left to kill or do, are a particularly annoyance of mine.

'Group' dungeons can be two manned in basic gear and then
    Edited by wilsonirayb16_ESO on June 5, 2015 8:49PM
  • Craven_Killmore
    Craven_Killmore
    ✭✭✭
    I like the op's tone, reminds me of myself.

"mmos are about end game" %%% u LoL that was funny, how many mmos have you played there bud, pretty sure I have thousands of hours more than you across hundreds of mmos, end game is actually a core fundamental, and sorry if people want to rush to it.

The rest of your post wasn't well thought out, why play a multiplayer version of Elder scrolls you say, hmm because there isn't any new scrolls game out? you need climb down a ladder backwards bud.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Qyrk wrote: »
    There is no, I mean NO challange in this game if grouping, or when playing solo for that matter.. I only group up with one friend and the game is so easy we skip half the quest and still find no challenge.

Blame it on all the people that said it was too hard. Myself and other people were able to experience it at the original difficulty of the silver and gold stage, and it was FUN. Unfortunately, many vocal people thought it was too hard and they were heard.

Meh, ZOS cannot please everyone, but I feel bad for them "damn if you do, damn if you don't".

Great post, as well as the OP. It was actually much harder even still during beta, but too hard for most. The launch difficulty was lower but still not effortless as it is now. It's hard at this point to find a challenge at all outside of PVP or hard mode trial scoreboard speed runs, and most people reach that level of proficiency against the current game difficulty very quickly. Ideally I would like to see a slider for difficulty scaling, with normal XP and loot at "100%" as the game launched, and scalable to 300% as the maximum with 50% as the minimum. This would also scale the XP, gold, and loot drop chances for open world veteran zones proportionally as well as non item quest rewards. If someone found it too hard they could still scale it down from there, and if it's too easy they can scale it up a lot. I was never a huge PVE questing type, but I at least found it amusing during beta. Since those nerfs and the subsequent ones on live, that is gone. I can only imagine solo questing and achievement hunter types must be much more disappointed than I am, even :( with the current state of the game on that front.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Arandear wrote: »
    At first I remember ESO Being quite hard, it's a lot easier now, I do like a challenge though. I difficulty slider for Solo Content or something would be nice but not sure if it's possible, just seen it suggested by other people a lot.

I personally hope the new Solo Zones coming eventually like Wrothgar/Orsinnium are slightly more challenging!
    With better rewards of course... B)

Just my opinion though. :p:#

It is indeed possible. The current veteran zones are done entirely by simple attribute scaling for the monsters and NPC's, other than some small tweaking of a tiny handful of specific quest bosses. Allowing the player to choose from something like six difficulties and scaling loot drop chances and value of vendorables' gold price, plus gold from quest rewards and XP for mob kills and quests/Points of Interest, from 50% of the original launch difficulty scaling to 300%, would be great, and phasing could be done by which difficulty someone has selected. Space it evenly at 50/100/150/200/250/300% and it'd be great!

Hilarious

Au contraire, sir. The game was much harder and was dumbed down due to complaints by some people. Options would have been a wonderful thing rather than your preference being forced on all of us. Additionally this is very much a service by any strictness of the definition you can think of, though it no longer has a mandatory fee per month.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on June 5, 2015 9:50PM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each level should feel like an achievement. Each level should have the antagonist-protagonist boss fight. It should not be easy. Doable for all classes but not easy. Group bosses should require a group. Doshia was nerfed, ManniMacaroni was nerfed. Molag was nerfed. Each successive Nerf made the game to casual with no sense of achievement and no benchmark to test skills.

Good example. I shoot Small Bore pistol and rifle Competition both ISSF and NRA/Camp Perry you have a time limit per shot between shots and per string. You practice to beat the time every time, To beat your last score, and to beat the competitor next to you. We use shot timers to check our times and relays and strings. each read serves as a lesson and provides feedback. You improve until you reach your plateau.

That is Benchmark/Progression/Competition/Achievement/Maintenance.

It is a game yes, this is a game yes. All games whether it be Real or Digital need these factors.
  • SwedishMini
    SwedishMini
    ✭✭✭
    I like the op's tone, reminds me of myself.

"mmos are about end game" %%% u LoL that was funny, how many mmos have you played there bud, pretty sure I have thousands of hours more than you across hundreds of mmos, end game is actually a core fundamental, and sorry if people want to rush to it.

The rest of your post wasn't well thought out, why play a multiplayer version of Elder scrolls you say, hmm because there isn't any new scrolls game out? you need climb down a ladder backwards bud.

Your english is so broken I don't even know if you agree or disagree with me on the first point.

Did you read my post at all? You have 3 incredibly strong single player experiences and you choose to play the only one in the series that have multiplayer. That IS stupid. No way around it, played them too much? Mod them.

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game was actually harder at one point?

The game was *much* harder during the early beta and has gotten progressively easier to the point where even i felt compelled to start a thread about it:
    forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/170555/you-know-eso-is-too-easy-when/p1

I really miss the old Doshia ...
    sad.gif
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In this rare instance I will agree with Madame Andy. We may not agree on some things or do but limited communication is what it is. I to miss Doshia and all of the rest of the Pre nerf world
    Edited by SeptimusDova on June 6, 2015 12:32AM
  • NateAssassin
    NateAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each level should feel like an achievement. Each level should have the antagonist-protagonist boss fight. It should not be easy. Doable for all classes but not easy. Group bosses should require a group. Doshia was nerfed, ManniMacaroni was nerfed. Molag was nerfed. Each successive Nerf made the game to casual with no sense of achievement and no benchmark to test skills.

Good example. I shoot Small Bore pistol and rifle Competition both ISSF and NRA/Camp Perry you have a time limit per shot between shots and per string. You practice to beat the time every time, To beat your last score, and to beat the competitor next to you. We use shot timers to check our times and relays and strings. each read serves as a lesson and provides feedback. You improve until you reach your plateau.

That is Benchmark/Progression/Competition/Achievement/Maintenance.

It is a game yes, this is a game yes. All games whether it be Real or Digital need these factors.
    I still found Molag to be difficult to beat, it took me awhile to defeat him and if I remember Mannimarco killed me once but then again I am pretty casual when it comes to ESO.

@Bolded Text I also shoot small bore rifle and I have also shot at Camp Perry before, nice to see a fellow shooter.

AD | Malaya the Mystic ─ VR16 Khajiit Sorc | Shal'ina the Swift ─ VR16 Khajiit NB | Jòhn Cena ─ VR1 Khajiit NB | Priestess Shaari ─ VR1 Temp
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NateAssassin will you be able make it to Perry this year? Im east coast if the team does not go this year due too pick ups we will be there next year we may drop rifle team to do it. Maybe get the NRA to make us a Special "Z" target to shoot Molag in the "BalSack" 10 X. Annie? 40XB RWS? Hammerli? Benelli? SW41 ?

Nice to see to see some good company here. Have dry Fire drills tonight and Monday a new barreling, Tuesday outdoor range time 50yd slowfire pistol.

They should buff the bosses and XP back up a bit. It does make for a better sense of Accomplishment.
    Edited by SeptimusDova on June 6, 2015 12:20AM