Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

The challange of eso lvling - or lack there of.

• lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It used to be harder, and it was good but I believe the game is better this way. The way I ESO is that it is a different type of MMO, in that it is more about enjoying a story and the lore than being challenging. Like others have said it is really really hard to please anyone, but in the end players that seek difficult content will be the ones that rush through the game doing everything in a few months then complain about lack of content before quitting. The players that are more likely to stay are those that appreciate the lore and the story.

TBH I haven't even done most dungeons (I've been here since open beta) only because everyone just rushes through them without knowing what is actually going on and this really bothers me to no end.

What about those of us that like the lore and fluff etc but enjoy a challange? I liked the original difficulty and I'm still here the new difficulty has made leveling alts a boring chore instead of a fun challenge.
  • NateAssassin
    NateAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NateAssassin will you be able make it to Perry this year? Im east coast if the team does not go this year due too pick ups we will be there next year we may drop rifle team to do it. Maybe get the NRA to make us a Special "Z" target to shoot Molag in the "BalSack" 10 X. Annie? 40XB RWS? Hammerli? Benelli? SW41 ?

Nice to see to see some good company here. Have dry Fire drills tonight and Monday a new barreling, Tuesday outdoor range time 50yd slowfire pistol.

They should buff the bosses and XP back up a bit. It does make for a better sense of Accomplishment.
    No, the CMP match that I go to there for small bore *was* at Perry but was moved to Bristol, Indiana and it has been for about 2 years. I was there this year for an air rifle match, but that was a few months ago. I though unlike you just shoot rifles, but I shoot both small bore and air rifle.

The XP seems fine to me, the difficulty doesn't really matter to me as long as it is not impossible to do without a min/max set up.
    Edited by NateAssassin on June 6, 2015 12:32AM
    AD | Malaya the Mystic ─ VR16 Khajiit Sorc | Shal'ina the Swift ─ VR16 Khajiit NB | Jòhn Cena ─ VR1 Khajiit NB | Priestess Shaari ─ VR1 Temp
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NateAssassin a few more of us and we could start team eso. The Irony of a P/R team repping a company from Md.
  • NateAssassin
    NateAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NateAssassin a few more of us and we could start team eso. The Irony of a P/R team repping a company from Md.
    I only think you need 3 to 4 members for a team, or at least for what I do and most gun clubs like the one I shoot at have 2-3 teams of people go when enough people qualify.
    AD | Malaya the Mystic ─ VR16 Khajiit Sorc | Shal'ina the Swift ─ VR16 Khajiit NB | Jòhn Cena ─ VR1 Khajiit NB | Priestess Shaari ─ VR1 Temp
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 members and a coach plus captain Is the max on the line I think let me check rule book section 12 pg 33 is ambiguous on the line numbers I have never seen more than four on the line no max size to the team or alternates. Although I'm sure 20 would raise a stink.

. October 12th American Air gun Field Target Association (FTA) National Championships Somerville, Texas.

A team of two can get pricey on some of these ventures still need coach for team . Much like buy bank space in the game.
  • SwedishMini
    SwedishMini
    ✭✭✭
    You guys mind discussing this in private? It's pissing annoying getting annotations about a shooting range or w/e you're discussing.
  • Elsir
    Elsir
    ✭✭✭✭
    There isn't, and never will be, a "one size fits all" solution to anything anyone ever complains about being "too easy" or "too hard". To put that into perspective, let's say ZOS takes on every single thing you, and you alone, suggest as "the way the game should be" and implement it. There will be those out there just like you are now coming here and complaining that the game is broken, it's unfair, it's too hard/easy, it's dying, etc etc. While you are entitled to complain about the way you feel in the game, you need to be more open minded to the greater situation that the game isn't going to always cater to yours, mine or anyone else's needs, desires and ideals solely because there are more than us to "make happy". That in itself is a loaded term. "Make happy". No matter how hard anyone tries, as I opened this post with, there never will be a "one size fits all" solution, and our suggestions are not necessarily what's best, even if it sounds good in our own minds and there are those who agree with us.
    Anna (AKA: Elsir)
    Templar
  • BlueViolet
    BlueViolet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember the game being a lot more difficult than it was. And a lot more enjoyable being so challenging as well. It could be frustrating but very enjoyable.
    I remember fighting Dosha during Beta, and it took me six tries to kill her. Mannimarco took me three goes to finally get rid of him.

Now... ugh - my hopelessly leveled and geared sorc beat Molag on the first go. I'm not a min / maxer. I don't crunch the numbers or anything like that. I just play. And when an average player like me can solo dolmens, dungeons easily and what not, then something is really wrong.
    I no longer bother to craft really decent gear for my characters while leveling any more unless I want them to look nice. They just wear whatever they find on the street and they're okay. I get them by using food and that's about it.

I really miss the game the way it used to be. I'm sorry, but I curse every single one of you that sobbed like babies about how the game was "omg too hard."

I don't understand why people did. Do they not want a challenge? Do they simply just want to smother everything in their path solo and then brag about how great they are for soloing the entire game - which a child could do? Perhaps it's just pure laziness or they don't want to work for anything?
    What is it ? Really? Because I honestly have no idea why the game has had to be dumbed down to a mindless level.
    EU / NA / PC
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swedish try sending a pm instead of being rude. A little civility will get you far.
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Vet content is not lvling, I'm strictly talking lvling.

This is exactly the kind of comment that I refer to when I say get to level 50 before you judge the game. Vet content IS leveling, and as a new player, you just don't understand this yet. You have NO IDEA what is ahead of you.

This is why my comments were confusing for some people earlier in this thread. When I say get to level 50 before you judge the game, I am not talking about endgame. I am talking about the additional 130 LEVELS you have to progress through BEFORE you even GET to endgame.

With all due respect, you have no idea what you are talking about. The game does not cap at level 50. It caps at VR14. And if you think that vet content is not leveling, you are in for a VERY rude awakening.

Edited by Alphashado on June 6, 2015 5:54AM
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alphashado wrote: »

This is exactly the kind of comment that I refer to when I say get to level 50 before you judge the game. Vet content IS leveling, and as a new player, you just don't understand this yet. You have NO IDEA what is ahead of you.

This is why my comments were confusing for some people earlier in this thread. When I say get to level 50 before you judge the game, I am not talking about endgame. I am talking about the additional 130 LEVELS you have to progress through BEFORE you even GET to endgame.

With all due respect, you have no idea what you are talking about. The game does not cap at level 50. It caps at VR14. And if you think that vet content is not leveling, you are in for a VERY rude awakening.

no confusion. it still leveling even if it is just a % of it. its all easy.

Or to put it another way, SwedishMini may not understand what you mean about the veteran leveling, but I do, and in my opinion it actually gets easier as you have more skillpoints and access to more things.
    Edited by Shunravi on June 6, 2015 6:17AM
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swede its like this.

1-50 is Like shooting 600m on a calm day with a 0 km/h wind and 20% humidity temp 21 C.
    VR1-14 is Shooting 600m with a 20-28 km/h wind and 80 % humidity temp 35C. Not impossible but very difficult to hit the X ring. And not very pleasant. capisce
  • SwedishMini
    SwedishMini
    ✭✭✭
    PaulScelus wrote: »
    There isn't, and never will be, a "one size fits all" solution to anything anyone ever complains about being "too easy" or "too hard". To put that into perspective, let's say ZOS takes on every single thing you, and you alone, suggest as "the way the game should be" and implement it. There will be those out there just like you are now coming here and complaining that the game is broken, it's unfair, it's too hard/easy, it's dying, etc etc. While you are entitled to complain about the way you feel in the game, you need to be more open minded to the greater situation that the game isn't going to always cater to yours, mine or anyone else's needs, desires and ideals solely because there are more than us to "make happy". That in itself is a loaded term. "Make happy". No matter how hard anyone tries, as I opened this post with, there never will be a "one size fits all" solution, and our suggestions are not necessarily what's best, even if it sounds good in our own minds and there are those who agree with us.

I'm not talking about making the game the precise challange I want out of a game. I'm talking about making the game throw something at you. What's the point of having this extensive combat consisting of: Blocking, light-, heavyattack, rolling, 1-5 abbilities, ultimate, potions and food, if you can LITERALLY defeat any enemy that isn't a world boss or something of that sort with light attacks. There is NO WAY for ANYONE with the brain capacity of a five year old to die. Which is my point, why is the game so afraid of death? What you're describing with these "the game is to easy" threads, are just plain.... hate to say it (no I don't) noobs. They go to the forum if they die once or twice on a boss instead of trying to get help from someone, learn the mechanics better, change their build a little or even something as simple as using a potion or a food buff. It's stupid, you know, I know it, everyone knows it.
    Alphashado wrote: »

All you're telling me is: Hey you should play the game for 100+ hours (don't know how long it takes) before I can talk about the game being to easy because then you'll reach GrindRank. YAY! I'm sorry but so many people complain about veteran ranks I can't be ecxited for them, because the only thing univesally said about them is that they are a grind. That's no challange, that's time consuming and an illusion of challange. (universally said, some say they are challenging others say they are easy how am I suposse to know? i don't, that's the answer)
    Swede its like this.

1-50 is Like shooting 600m on a calm day with a 0 km/h wind and 20% humidity temp 21 C.
    VR1-14 is Shooting 600m with a 20-28 km/h wind and 80 % humidity temp 35C. Not impossible but very difficult to hit the X ring. And not very pleasant. capisce

I've never shot a rifle or handgun in my entire life, and if I ever do I presume it will be inside a shooting range, so no. I don't know what you mean. As for PM's I find it ironic I should PM you when you're the one using "my" thread instead of PM's
  • aisriyth_ESO
    aisriyth_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't seen a good mmo that is also challenging to level outside of a 'grind' in over a decade. I don't envision this changing, there isn't money to be had if you out challenge the 'casual market'. I don't necessarily agree or disagree with that mentality to chase money, it is what it is, but if you want a challenge during the leveling process you need to look elsewhere or play single player games.

That being said, I quite frankly could care less on how difficult PvE leveling is or isn't. I prefer the challenge PvP offers at any rate.
    Edited by aisriyth_ESO on June 6, 2015 3:59PM
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    I have levelled my main at game launch.

When ZoS implemented Craglorn, I was close to max VR level already.

At the time, I found the game immensely enjoyable. I loved the need to dodge roll when needed, to pay attention not to pull 3 groups. I loved to have to understand how to take down that lowbie-yet-nasty Soul Harvester (the name eludes me now).
    I am not an "awesome" player and I am 43 old so my reaction times are pretty bad.

Then the game got supremely nerfed due to a whining rampage. I tried to bring in some reason but of course it was for naught. But in the end I did not totally care, because I already had my heavy dose of fun, the nerf would only affect my last 2 levels.

Fast forward 1 year. I got an itch to "re-experience" the game. After all I had to deal with so many gold farmers (who made certain bosses just unavailable), so many quests were broken that this time I would have a chance to experience the full game.
    I created a new alt and foolishly crafted a set of blue gear for her.

What a massive, utter disappointment!!!

Every single non boss NPC got 2 shot. Every single boss can't finish half his "sentences" because by that time they are already dead.

I immediately stopped crafting blue gear for the alt, did not assign champion points AND stopped adding skill points to skills. I did not use a single food or potion. Ever.

Even then, it's still the epithome of boring.

4 days and 16 hours to get to level 50. Clearing every achievement, clearing every 4 man dungeon (the hard part being finding the players to do them) and clearing every public dungeon including getting the "all bosses killed" achievement.

Here is my UBER gear. At VR1 I was still wearing respectively level 28 (!!!!!!!!!!!) and 30 rings. The rest was barely better. I put 4 pictures but I have the rest of the gear if someone is curious about how to "garbage-gear-up" a character.

gERPN0e.jpg

FYHY6pR.jpg

IzYiUDo.jpg

tubgY6r.jpg

Basically I am close to the "use level 1 gear" suggestion above.

The main quest became an utter joke, I had to stop and run circles to at least be able to listen to what the various bosses wanted to say, otherwise they literally died in 5 (five) hits. FIVE!

I soloed every outdoor boss including those with 4-5 NPCs while being below their level.
    I soloed every dolmen.
    I soloed every public instance including "group boss" bosses. I got the "all bosses killed" in each.

I can pull 4-5 spawns in regular quests and I don't die.

The worst part is, I used to be a good player but now I am a "retirement grade casual", so no, it's definitely my skill.

The game has just became unbelievably easy, to the point I can play max 2 hours and then I inevitably fall asleep.

From level 1 to VR 2 (my current level) I have died once. Because the game crashed while in battle of course, not because of difficulty.

What have they done to ESO. It's now close to unplayable. I could put my cat at the keyboard and she'd probably level up in few days.

Exactly... :(. I also forewarned of this but was shot down by "immersion" (quote-unquote, because what that is varies to everyone anyway but they marched under that banner on the forums here) advocates demanding it be nerfed to the center of the Earth, not just the ground. The difficulty level has become so low that it literally is more boring than playing an NES beat-em-up with cheat codes, and that already was always pretty dull...
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.