The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Campaign hopping NA

Cormore
Cormore
✭✭✭
Is it just me or does it seem like more and more people campaign hop a lot more now due to all the zerges and no other action on the map b/c of it?
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cormore wrote: »
    Is it just me or does it seem like more and more people campaign hop a lot more now due to all the zerges and no other action on the map b/c of it?

Yep. Everyone is campaign hopping since you can travel to a friend to join his/her campaign. Once a server is dominated or gets boring, everyone hops onto another campaign.
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• Cormore
    Cormore
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like if someone get into a campaign and doesn't see sword all over the map they just leave and go to another. They don't find one there they just get off.
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea everyday have to look for something to do, buff campaigns are boring, hard to find a balanced campaign, for some fun fights.

Might as well do away with the home and guest system, do away with the leader board, make the score a faction based score that way we can travel between the campaigns go where needed. It Is kinda going in that direction as it is.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only begun the Nomad Era has
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Combine lag issues with the lagsploit Zerging and people leave. First there was the mass exodus of DC from Thornblade NA. Most went to Chillrend. Play was good for awhile until The problem migrated to Chillrend. Another exodus of DC guilds from Chillrend to wherever. With DC populations at what appear to be all time lows there's not much for folks to do but hop from campaign to campaign to drum up business.

PvP is really in trouble. If ZoS can't or won't fix the lag issues and Zerg tilted PvP it isn't going to be pretty soon and if they think consoles are going to save them...lol.

Crying shame what's going on in Cyrodiil right now.
  • Cormore
    Cormore
    ✭✭✭
    this is why i think they should lower group counts and redo the damage that's being put out if the groups are more then 16.
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lowering group counts is pointless when people can just form up two or three groups of 16 and coordinate in teamspeak.
    Edited by God_flakes on May 29, 2015 3:25PM
  • Germtrocity
    Germtrocity
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vizier wrote: »
    Combine lag issues with the lagsploit Zerging and people leave. First there was the mass exodus of DC from Thornblade NA. Most went to Chillrend. Play was good for awhile until The problem migrated to Chillrend. Another exodus of DC guilds from Chillrend to wherever. With DC populations at what appear to be all time lows there's not much for folks to do but hop from campaign to campaign to drum up business.

PvP is really in trouble. If ZoS can't or won't fix the lag issues and Zerg tilted PvP it isn't going to be pretty soon and if they think consoles are going to save them...lol.

Crying shame what's going on in Cyrodiil right now.

Yep, what I said is playing out exactly as I imagined it. Abandoning a campaign fixes no long term problems, it just means 1 less campaign for the other factions to be playing on, so there is a higher concentration of EP and AD on the other campaigns - it is obvious already that EP has a huge population advantage, so this tactic is completely ineffective (unless of course you are just trying to get the EP queue so high on the active campaigns that they can't play and re-roll so they can actually PvP).

EP came over to chillrend because it is where the action was since thorn became a ghost town. DC abandoning campaigns is silly and immature. There are only so many campaigns they can abandon before they run out of PvP entirely (though if players are quitting then I understand, because PvP in its current state is almost unplayable).
  • BossTuggles
    BossTuggles
    ✭✭✭
    As one of those immature DC I can speak from experience that our population is legit a third of either of the other factions. So saying that we are running away from servers is just down right dumb. We just cant field populations on all the servers. You think we want to run into 3 bar-poplocked populations with our 1 bar. Where the vast majority of the faction is just farmed. Not being cocky in any what but I would even consider myself as one of the better pvpers DC has and I swear you have no idea the numbers difference we have to put up with. I run around with 2 other people and we consistently are fighting groups of 20+ we literally have to kite to a spot so we can oil or kite to guards. Me and my friends have yet to leave Azura's. But yes we are just immature.

GG

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Naming & Shaming]
    Edited by ZOS_ArtG on June 16, 2015 1:28PM
    Like a Boss!
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As one of those immature DC I can speak from experience that our population is legit a third of either of the other factions. So saying that we are running away from servers is just down right dumb. We just cant field populations on all the servers. You think we want to run into 3 bar-poplocked populations with our 1 bar. Where the vast majority of the faction is just farmed. Not being cocky in any what but I would even consider myself as one of the better pvpers DC has and I swear you have no idea the numbers difference we have to put up with. I run around with 2 other people and we consistently are fighting groups of 20+ we literally have to kite to a spot so we can oil or kite to guards. Me and my friends have yet to leave Azura's. But yes we are just immature.

GG

The problem with your claims is that even with poplock on Chilly in prime time-DC is still getting pwned. The problem is we are unorganized and too many guilds are still merely herding pugs ala south-ga. We need to step up our game as a faction and run better groups.

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_ArtG on June 16, 2015 1:29PM
  • filmoretub17_ESO
    filmoretub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    One particular guild I run with chases the fights all over the campaign list. Only time they switch is when its boring and there's no fighting or when its laggy and cannot fight. If the enemy wouldn't be spread out over all the campaigns and appear to be hiding on buff servers im sure this wouldn't be a problem.
  • BossTuggles
    BossTuggles
    ✭✭✭
    Why does it fall on people like myself and others to organize people. Do what I did find some people with the same playtimes as you add them to your flist group with them, get better with them and so on. People need to be handheld in this game unlike any other games its remarkable.
    Like a Boss!
  • ArcVelarian
    ArcVelarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God_flakes wrote: »

P.S. Thank you Sarenvog and company for that 66k gate D tick. Even with an Emp your *** group gets rolled.

GG

The problem with your claims is that even with poplock on Chilly in prime time-DC is still getting pwned. The problem is we are unorganized and too many guilds are still merely herding pugs ala south-ga. We need to step up our game as a faction and run better groups.

Most of the extremely well organized DC pvp guilds have simply stopped PvPing because of all the problems. Lag-spamming/DDOS type players, Hackers/Exploiters/Scripters (who manage to cheat with absolute impunity), and the recent Zerg pandemic.

At this rate, PvP will be least broken on the consoles.
    Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
  • Cormore
    Cormore
    ✭✭✭
    they need to fix everything
  • Kobaal
    Kobaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish they would get rid of the "Travel to player" thing. That would cut down on it a lot I think. But I agree, people will always campaign hop to were the action is.
    Kobaal - VR16 Dragon Knight - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Kobaal Shadowborn - VR16 NightBlade - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Kobaal Stormborn- VR3 Sorcerer - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Fat Old Templar - lvl 19 Templar - PC [NA] BwB
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- it is obvious already that EP has a huge population advantage, so this tactic is completely ineffective (unless of course you are just trying to get the EP queue so high on the active campaigns that they can't play and re-roll so they can actually PvP).

You must be playing on the EU server. I find that part of your comment hilarious, as we were just talking about it in my NA EP AvA guild last night. People say EP has huge numbers, yet we are in third place points-wise and loosing EVERY campaign but one.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There may not be a good answer here. We all know the downside of easy campaign hopping. But removing it would mean that you may be locked into a dead campaign for weeks on end.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Cormore
    Cormore
    ✭✭✭
    and that's a problem. its usually dc vs ep, or ad vs ep. and there inst any real dc vs ep vs ad campaign anymore
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it's all DC vs. AD or DC vs EP. DC is the only faction that wants a fight!!!! The other two want an easy win. Smh.
  • Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it's all DC vs. AD or DC vs EP. DC is the only faction that wants a fight!!!! The other two want an easy win. Smh.

lol
    Vehemence
  • WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »

- it is obvious already that EP has a huge population advantage, so this tactic is completely ineffective (unless of course you are just trying to get the EP queue so high on the active campaigns that they can't play and re-roll so they can actually PvP).

You must be playing on the EU server. I find that part of your comment hilarious, as we were just talking about it in my NA EP AvA guild last night. People say EP has huge numbers, yet we are in third place points-wise and loosing EVERY campaign but one.

We lose every campaign because none of those big EP guilds commit to winning the campaign. All they care about is farming points for themselves and refuse to defend anything even though those bonuses actually increase the amount of points they get. Its hideously counter-productive but they can't be *** to care apparently. I actually protested the other day of attacking DC keeps when AD was obviously the bigger problem having a poplocked population against DC's scant 2 bars, and I was responded to by "ooh so salty" "salty much?' "You so salty I put you in tequila" I wish I was exaggerating these remarks!

Unless ZOS has a complete PVP rehaul up their sleeve before summer's over, this is just going to continue and continue to get worse.

Not only that every server where EP does secure a lead, the other factions seem to just up and bail, claiming "EP so stronk!" Well if you lack organization and commitment, then yes, yes you're going to lose because you're not even trying. And if EP can't win a camp without having 40+ person guilds hiding in the shadows while all the pugsters valiantly charge out and get killed without support, then yes we deserve to lose as well. Attitudes of the kind I've been seeing in my home camp recently make me sick to my stomach and make me not want to PVP outside of capping out my camp rewards and burning enlightenment.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We lose every campaign because none of those big EP guilds commit to winning the campaign. All they care about is farming points for themselves and refuse to defend anything even though those bonuses actually increase the amount of points they get. Its hideously counter-productive but they can't be *** to care apparently. I actually protested the other day of attacking DC keeps when AD was obviously the bigger problem having a poplocked population against DC's scant 2 bars, and I was responded to by "ooh so salty" "salty much?' "You so salty I put you in tequila" I wish I was exaggerating these remarks!

Unless ZOS has a complete PVP rehaul up their sleeve before summer's over, this is just going to continue and continue to get worse.

Not only that every server where EP does secure a lead, the other factions seem to just up and bail, claiming "EP so stronk!" Well if you lack organization and commitment, then yes, yes you're going to lose because you're not even trying. And if EP can't win a camp without having 40+ person guilds hiding in the shadows while all the pugsters valiantly charge out and get killed without support, then yes we deserve to lose as well. Attitudes of the kind I've been seeing in my home camp recently make me sick to my stomach and make me not want to PVP outside of capping out my camp rewards and burning enlightenment.

Amusing.

Just a couple of points to add some clarity... the people insulting you are a collection of the worst and most insulting turds I've ever seen in a game.. they give the self proclaimed toxic "lord" of flies a run for the money. They roll over people with 40 players, 20 of them spamming steel tornado and then send them far worse insults then you saw. Most people playing this game just hope they all get ass cancer.

As for the "EP so stronk" comment.. Not in the least bit. It's EP (particularly the one collection of malcontents that are intent on destroying the pvp gameplay of everyone) intentionally lagging out servers to preserve keeps that makes the other factions just leave.

Worst part of it is they are a collection of pathological liars that post here that represent them.

What would be good for the game is bans for these cheats. They know ZOS is asleep at the wheel and even if ZOS wakes up they have exploited their way to rank 40+.

This one cancerous collection of malcontents have probably caused more sub drops than the lack of content. Pathetic, but what's worse is ZOS probably "meets" with them and sits there humming while they tell lies.

• Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭
    You people are hands down, bat s&*t crazy.

You actually think there's a magical way to lag servers out without being affected by lag yourself?
    Do you understand server latency? (rhetorical question, please don't answer)
    Vehemence
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am getting real tired of transient guilds that just show up to farm a guy emp and then leave the campaign to its own devices, after alienating all of the homed people there with their AP farming on the first couple of days
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    I am getting real tired of transient guilds that just show up to farm a guy emp and then leave the campaign to its own devices, after alienating all of the homed people there with their AP farming on the first couple of days

Add to that the people who refuse to leave the campaign because they're in the top 300 and want to ensure that they remain in the top 10%.

Add to that the people who, after taking opponent scrolls keep pushing back to the gate and farming the pugs not letting anyone get a foot hold in for days. Granted I myself am somewhat guilty of that once for a period of two hours, though I was emperor at the time, and an organized guild kept coming to really good fights (we won most - as any good emp group will do).
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Observant wrote: »
    You people are hands down, bat s&*t crazy.

You actually think there's a magical way to lag servers out without being affected by lag yourself?
    Do you understand server latency? (rhetorical question, please don't answer)

They lag it when the lag will benefit them. Such as when their keep is about to flip and lagging it will save the keep. The lag never occurs when they're the ones flipping the keep. In the former instance they don't CARE if the lag affects them, too. Better to experience some lag than lose Chalman.
  • filmoretub17_ESO
    filmoretub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Cormore wrote: »

The problem is when you get into a campaign and its lagging too much so your guild needs to get to a different campaign. The other problem is when the other campaign is either empty or also lagging too much then you cannot enter a third campaign because you wanted to limit it. We need campaign hopping otherwise when its lagging or empty players get bored and log off. If they fixed the lagging then campaign hopping would only be necessary when it was empty and there was no one to fight. You know how hard it is to organize 1 raid where everyone is homed or guested in the same campaign? If Zeni isn't carefull how they handle this they will ruin pvp guilds.
  • filmoretub17_ESO
    filmoretub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Is that why you left Thornblade then left Chilrend?
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why are you singling me out? A LOT of dc abandoned TB due to the atrocious lag. A LOT of dc have left Chill cuz of lag. You think I'm the only one?
  • filmoretub17_ESO
    filmoretub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Why are you singling me out? A LOT of dc abandoned TB due to the atrocious lag. A LOT of dc have left Chill cuz of lag. You think I'm the only one?

Your the one who claimed that DC is the only faction that wants to fight. Nothing personal but you cant just throw up a statement like that and expect to be ignored.