The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Wasn't Champion System Supposed to Replace Veteran Grind?

• Frawr
    Frawr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gard wrote: »
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    Because it would be a waste of valuable development resources that would be better spent removing the VR levels once and for all.

How's that for an answer.

Why do you feel you need to grind to V14? If you don't want to, don't.

I think the general consensus is that if one wants to be competitive in pvp, he pretty needs to be vR14.
    That's why people feel the need to get to v14 as quickly as possible.

Champ system/VR system seems to me to be different implementations of the same grind.
    Just instead of grinding vet levels, you grind champ points.

Personally I don't look at it as a grind though, but as an opportunity to continue to evolve my toon.

I agree.

I also agree that champ/vet are the same grind. The difference is that Champ is sufficiently massively long that many people will chill, whereas the Vet is tedious and frustrating but a short enough goal that they "will" grind it out.

PS, quests or mob kills - its all grind.

Give us some sandbox stuff please.
    Options
  • Heruthema
    Heruthema
    ✭✭✭✭
    Champion and Justice systems were PHASE 3 of 4. Removing VR is PHASE 4 which will not happen until after the Console launch and then we wait for a few months while they sort out those issues. They have repeatedly stated this starting last summer. VR will be removed in Phase 4 and not until.
    Edited by Heruthema on May 27, 2015 9:15PM
    Options
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People can link articles and quote sources all day long. I am well aware of what ZOS has said, and is saying, about Vet Ranks.

Matt Firor himself could call me up on the phone and swear to me that they were still planning to remove Vet Ranks, and I still wouldn't believe that it's actually going to happen. Well, at least not in the way that people are expecting (renaming the vet ranks to levels 50-63 and changing nothing else does NOT count as "removing" them, in my book). There's way too much work to be done to remove them the right way, and there's no easily monetizable reason for them to do it.

I'll only believe it when it actually happens.
    Options
  • Endurance
    Endurance
    ✭✭✭
    you see? the only people that complain about VR levels are the ones that have 5 ~ 6 diff characters.. thats really not the way to play ESO your not supposed to have multiple characters u should have 1
    I'm outta here
    Options
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Divinius wrote: »
    People can link articles and quote sources all day long. I am well aware of what ZOS has said, and is saying, about Vet Ranks.

Matt Firor himself could call me up on the phone and swear to me that they were still planning to remove Vet Ranks, and I still wouldn't believe that it's actually going to happen. Well, at least not in the way that people are expecting (renaming the vet ranks to levels 50-63 and changing nothing else does NOT count as "removing" them, in my book). There's way too much work to be done to remove them the right way, and there's no easily monetizable reason for them to do it.

I'll only believe it when it actually happens.

Sadly, I have to agree.

Seeing is believing in this game.
    Options
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    docstrawb wrote: »
    MCMancub wrote: »
    docstrawb wrote: »

Find me a source that says they are actively working on releasing Spellcrafting at a specific time. There isn't one. Spellcrafting has only ever showed up on road maps, which are more of a "we'd like to do this" list, and not a "we're currently working on this" list.

uh......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LkeMacg-b0 52:58

Do the slightest amount of research at the least before making claims, plz.

Intresting video bud
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Endurance wrote: »
    you see? the only people that complain about VR levels are the ones that have 5 ~ 6 diff characters.. thats really not the way to play ESO your not supposed to have multiple characters u should have 1

Please elaborate because I don't follow that logic from the game design

-PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Heruthema wrote: »
    Champion and Justice systems were PHASE 3 of 4. Removing VR is PHASE 4 which will not happen until after the Console launch and then we wait for a few months while they sort out those issues. They have repeatedly stated this starting last summer. VR will be removed in Phase 4 and not until.

This^
    They didnt introduce the CS just for the lolz, its supposed to replace the current VR system.

The thing that wonders me the most is how the current VR1-VR14 gear (and crafting mats) will change. If everything comes Veteran gear will my VR1 and VR14 staff have the same stats now? Or will there still be a difference? And what will be the requirement to use this gear? If everything becomes the same level it will become useless to run vet DSA for example. Also, some sets that are useless now could become useful again.

I would really like some explantion from ZOS because it took a lot of time reaching VR14 and we want to know if all that effort is just gonna be waved away in the next major content update.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heruthema wrote: »

This^
    They didnt introduce the CS just for the lolz, its supposed to replace the current VR system.

The thing that wonders me the most is how the current VR1-VR14 gear (and crafting mats) will change. If everything comes Veteran gear will my VR1 and VR14 staff have the same stats now? Or will there still be a difference? And what will be the requirement to use this gear? If everything becomes the same level it will become useless to run vet DSA for example. Also, some sets that are useless now could become useful again.

I would really like some explantion from ZOS because it took a lot of time reaching VR14 and we want to know if all that effort is just gonna be waved away in the next major content update.

Don't follow people's assumptions or suggestions. We are all just speculating.
    Do follow what was posted about phase 3 and phase 4

I doubt ZOS will provide any heads up info other than what will occur on PTS as that info isn't final until we see it in a test environment...and even then it's subject to change.

Maybe August-sept will be a good timeframe for more details from the company

-PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options