The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Needs more Mini Games...

burdocklightbringercub18_ESO
What about Spikeball? (See Tales of Tamriel, Vol 1) or maybe a fantasy card game similar to Hearthstone or Gwent? What about something like Champions of Norrath? How about chicken races? Festivals or Circus that travel around Tamriel in real time and you can check notice boards with times/dates they would be in certain areas? Anything to have the world come alive more! Maybe add children in with the circus and have special circus quests/achievements and feats of strength? Any other suggestions? /discuss.
  • Zazaaji
    Zazaaji
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm take absolutely any mini game additons. Even better if you can gamble on who you think will win.
    -
    Edited by Zazaaji on May 25, 2015 6:51AM
    English is not my first language, Finnish is.
    Please don't heap on me for grammar problems.
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if the mini games in Reaper's March are fixed already, does anyone know? These never worked for me since.. ever.
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep, couldn't agree more...
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100% agree.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree check out the Improving On ESO series.
  • Theosis
    Theosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I made a post about this a while ago, I love the idea of minigames.

I don't raid and I don't PvP much so that just leaves questing and chatting with guildies. Minigames would add a very nice element to the game.

In the Inns and bars we could gamble, play cards, chess.. Things like this would be very fun.
    This is were my signature would be if I was allowed one.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're saying ingame...Yes I'm with you
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're saying ingame...Yes I'm with you

Yea. I think we're taking about In game.... I have mixed feelings about the idea of mobile minigames that have benefits in game....
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Hexos
    Hexos
    ✭✭✭
    Ingame mini games are a great idea. Take a look at all the people raving over Gwent in Witcher 3.
  • DobbaDeuce
    DobbaDeuce
    ✭✭✭
    I've always been surprised by the lack of mini-games in MMOs as they are historically one of my favorite parts of single player RPGs and were something I thought would definitely be one of the strongest aspects of multiplayer RPGs. Yet in the majority of MMO games I rarely see the traditional style mini-games that I had initially expected to see everywhere. It really disappoints me, and I agree that this would be a great asset to this, or any game.

Unfortunately, look at the other topics on this forum that are full of complaints about desired changes or issues concerning current game-balance. These are the reasons why new and potentially very fun additions to games do not come around very often - whatever they add will very likely open new doors to complaints about balance with whatever they add along with more annoying "fix your game" posts.

The reason why mini-games work so well in single player games is because balance is not something the developers have to really worry about. Sure they do their best, but if a certain item in a single player RPG mini-game results in you winning 90% of the time, it doesn't really matter since it only affects you. However, you throw that into a multiplayer game and the cries for nerf this or nerf that will immediately be around the corner. Just take ESO horse racing for example, a cool idea that the developers stated, "is something we would like to do," but after 1.6 all horses are equal and the future of the races looks quite dim.

That being said, I still hope that we see more interesting ventures into making these worlds we love so much feel more alive. The expected standard is a hinderance along with balance and the end-game cry, but I think theres still room for "neat" additions such as mini-games. MMOs allow players to venture into worlds they love for a greater amount of time then they may spend in games of other genres, and in my opinion should be "lived in." It baffles me that a game that you spend maybe a month in has more creative mini-games than games like this where you could potentially remain in for years. The Elder Scrolls is such a rich universe with so many great possibilities that it frustrates me every time I see suggestions to simply remove aspects of the game rather than finding interesting ways to add new life to it. Mini-games are a great way to add substance and variety to a game to make it just that much better.
    Edited by DobbaDeuce on May 26, 2015 9:55PM
    Tamriel-616 - A Chronicle of Tamriel's Heroes
    Jollo | Daggerfall | Templar | Lvl 47 | Blackwater Blade
    Vidarr
    | Ebonheart | Sorcerer | Lvl 26 | Chillrend
    J'Pummra
    | Aldmeri | Dragonknight | Lvl 13 | Thornblade
  • Athas24
    Athas24
    ✭✭✭✭
    DobbaDeuce wrote: »
    Just take ESO horse racing for example, a cool idea that the developers stated, "is something we would like to do," but after 1.6 all horses are equal and the future of the races looks quite dim.

Could be easily done yet. You would just need to get a "special race horse" similar to how chocobo racing in FF14 is done. You don't ride your actual mount. You get a racing mount. Also similar to the concept that you don't drive your regular street car in a formula 1 race or a nascar race, you drive your special race car. :)
    ...OverTwerked & Underpaid.
    Rajaat04 in game @Athas24 on forums
  • dafox187
    dafox187
    ✭✭✭
    What about Spikeball? (See Tales of Tamriel, Vol 1) or maybe a fantasy card game similar to Hearthstone or Gwent? What about something like Champions of Norrath? How about chicken races? Festivals or Circus that travel around Tamriel in real time and you can check notice boards with times/dates they would be in certain areas? Anything to have the world come alive more! Maybe add children in with the circus and have special circus quests/achievements and feats of strength? Any other suggestions? /discuss.

what minigames do we have now?

don't get mad at my spelling, autocorrect doesn't cover fantasy.
    Why couldn't the Khajiit go to the party? She had to be Elsweyr.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dafox187 wrote: »

what minigames do we have now?

Forum posting?
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pure luck based is better in my opinion. Just think about Gwent, no one wants to play with you if you have a good deck, or what then when everybody has good deck?

It needs to be based more on luck but yet be complex to keep the interest up.
  • Messy1
    Messy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, man, I agree that there needs to be some more mini-games to enrich the ESO world and make the game more vibrant.

Taverns around Tamriel could really use the upgrade in the mini-games department. Here's the thing though, when I say mini games, I don't mean the sort of carnival type games that WoW did with it's holidays and festivals, or some mini-game system where you have to collect a bunch of tokens and turn them in for cosmetic gear.

The mini-games in ESO should be centered around what has come in previous incarnations of the Elder Scrolls

-Brawling (Taverns should have a special chair for the winner of brawls that only that person can sit in, and leaderboards should be reset every week. Also, brawls should not depend on your level or stats, but should be a fair contest of players vs. players in the confines of the tavern environment. Put some sort of brawl master in each tavern use it to pool players against other players. Also, put in a gold gambling system where players can bet on other players. If you are in the tavern you can go to a board of pending fights. Once you register for a fight and a player accepts it will que you for 2 mins and then people will have a chance to bet on the fights. There should be a gold limit so things don't get out of hand)

-Horse racing (or mount racing for tigers and guars and stuff) Since everyone could approximately have the same speed or can get there speed maxed out, courses should be setup with varying terrain, obstacles both stationary and moving, a place where player spectators can stand and fire crossbows at riders (with appropriate cool downs and limits), different courses for different areas of Tamriel, some where speed is more of factor, some where stamina is more of a factor cause things are trying to knock you off etc. sky's the limit with this idea

-Arena PvP (A lot of people have been clamoring for this and what better way to appease and gratify them by instituting the Arena when the Imperial city opens up. Provide a variety of challenges not just 1v1. Perhaps even allow grand melees to take place where a VR 14 character could take on up to 50 other level 10-50 (non VR) players. If the VR 14 character wins they get a payout some more status achievements, if the hoarde wins they get some good payouts and crafting materials. Also you could have your standard 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 etc.

-Bookish games (These could include some sort of card games, Elder Scrolls Online Trivia contests that are lore based and answers can be found in all the literature of Tamriel).

Personally, I find that it is no coincidence that a thread like this has popped up again shortly after the release of The Witcher 3 because that game does mini-games really well. The tavern environments in previous elder scrolls game incarnations have seemed like much more interactive places (well, especially, with the addition of some awesome mods). Anyway, get to work on this ZOS roll out some mini games with your DLCs and stuff.
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A big YES to mini-games. Here is a list of games hinted to by the items you can steal:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/172249/zos-question-for-a-loresmaster-stolen-items-mini-games#latest

I would welcome any mini-game, especially if there are some you can play with/against other players :smile:
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hexos wrote: »
    Ingame mini games are a great idea. Take a look at all the people raving over Gwent in Witcher 3.
    Hopefully it would be more balanced than gwent.