The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Acquiring over 500k / 550k exp p/h as an Aldmeri Dominion player from gold zones? [Resolved]

Teiji
Teiji
✭✭✭✭✭
Thread update: With no experience boosters I've came to the conclusion that it's difficult to get more than 500k exp as you level through Veteran Ranks. However upon levelling to level cap, the ability to get much more experience becomes true.

Imperial City Sewers with two people is the best grind for all Alliances.

Hi everyone, it's been a long time since I levelled through the veteran ranks - it was much faster when I levelled my Sorcerer and Dragonknight earlier, I'm finally levelling my Nightblade and will wait for VR to be removed before I level a Templar.

Anywhoo I'm curious if it's possible to get more than 200 - 250k 500k, 540k exp per hour as I level through veteran ranks on alts.

I've not really researched nor mathed the various zones I've came across, undead in Rivenspire seems okay but I've not mathed it yet, then there's Alik'r but I dislike the pathing and the general large traffic unlike Rivenspire where traffic is extremely minimal to none.

Could some people inform me on Aldmeri Dominion gold zone exp averages? The highest p/h too? As it stands I've found 540k to be the maximum solo, which when compared to old values of exp per hour, seems okay as it did used to be 1,000,000 + exp per hour, pre nerf Craglorn etc.

Thanks in advance.
Edited by Teiji on September 17, 2015 3:08AM
"Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cracked wood in cyrodiil give around 700k/h I cant link atm but is big thread about it, are other cyro caves giving good exp too. Alot up on youtube.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think 500k per hour is what Zeni is "comfortable" with, I mean before you could get upwards of over a million experience points.

But 500k solo? I guess that's okay, specifically grinding for me is a way of getting through veteran ranks after doing all of the Silver & Gold quests.

Thanks for your post none-the-less, Cracked Wood Cave is also 700k [not enlightened] with a partner, possibly the subscription buff too.
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

• F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teiji wrote: »
    specifically grinding for me is a way of getting through veteran ranks after doing all of the Silver & Gold quests.
    I always wondered about those kind of people. You should already hit VR12 before reaching the final map in Cadwell's Gold. No grinding required at all.

Unless you do it just for Champion Points, but not for VR ranks. :/
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    F7sus4 wrote: »
    specifically grinding for me is a way of getting through veteran ranks after doing all of the Silver & Gold quests.
    I always wondered about those kind of people. You should already hit VR12 before reaching the final map in Cadwell's Gold. No grinding required at all.

My fourth character, my Nightblade was VR9 after doing all of Cadwell's Silver & Gold.

• F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My fourth character, my Nightblade was VR9 after doing all of Cadwell's Silver & Gold.
    Ever heard of side quests? Ever bothered with crafting 7x Exploration trait gear before VR12? Oh, well...
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I can get 450k p/h at VR14 doing VR10 mobs in Bankorai with a partner.

So I'm assuming someone who is more on level with the mobs might be able to scratch the limit of 550k xp/h.. but I don't think it'd go far past that.

But that's like a level every 2 hours, which is pretty quick when comparing to doing Caldwells, which for me (during the time when VR was difficult) took months to go from VR1 to VR10.
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's about where I was. But rest of Vr9 to 14 was a lot faster in Craglorn.

Of course that's before Craglorn got his with the massive XP nerf hammer.
  • poughe
    poughe
    Is Cracked Wood still a viable xp farm? I am currently a VR2 Templar and the grind is making me go mad lol so would be great to hear what is still viable for xp grinding. I am also on the Xbox One
    VR-14 Altmer Templar - Healer/DPS (AD)
    VR-1 Nord Nightblade - Tank (AD)
    VR-1 Altmer Sorcerer
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is, but as v2 you probably won't get much xp. Either there are v14s from your alliance killing everything before you can hit it, or there are people from an other alliance that simply kill you.
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bouvin @poughe @lolo_01b16_ESO

Thanks everyone for your posts!

poughe Cracked Wood is definitely still viable, there are also quite a few viable places, especially now with the +50% exp drink.

I've finally been able to answer the question behind this thread also;
    jeBiWSu.png?1

This is a four champion point per hour grind with zero experience point boosters. So increase it by 50% and you have six champion points per hour, delicious.

For anyone interested I made a thread on the spot a while back here; 1,6 mill+ experience points per hour grind

Bear in mind, this is only accessible to EP, dramatically raises your bounty and is reliant on instant-respawning NPCs.

• poughe
    poughe
    Yeah actually gave it a try the other day...the xp is not bad and I am playing on the Dominion Xbox One so the xp potion does not exist yet for us. With that said the only issues I have had is when a good mob of EB comes in at VR14 to just troll and camp literally the ways into the cave lol. I am finally VR10 with the use of this spot and the akilar desert but I feel like each passing day makes it that much harder on the Xbox to keep farming as more and more people get desperate to vr grind. I've even seen VR1s and high 40s sitting in the farm knowing they could be doing better elsewhere
    VR-1 Altmer Sorcerer
  • Rokiisun
    Rokiisun
    ✭✭
    I play as a high elf, dragonknight, Aldemeri and levelled up 18 levels in just twelve days just doing side quests. I play for 3 - 4 hours a night.
    Three things cannot long be hidden: the sun, the moon and the truth.

High elf, Veteran rank 3, Dragon knight, AD, PS4, EU.
  • poughe
    poughe
    Rokiisun wrote: »
    I play as a high elf, dragonknight, Aldemeri and levelled up 18 levels in just twelve days just doing side quests. I play for 3 - 4 hours a night.

We are talking about endgame grinding which is completely different and a lot more harder
    VR-1 Altmer Sorcerer
  • kcara
    kcara
    Soul Shriven
    If you can help us in the first 50 levels,to level up faster I mean thanks.
  • Btharrison
    kcara wrote: »
    If you can help us in the first 50 levels,to level up faster I mean thanks.

Do the main quest, mages guild, and fighter guild quest lines. They give massive exp and are relatively fun. Will also unlock the veteran areas which give exp as well. Other than that the first 50 are relatively quick. I think it has taken me longer to get from vr1 to vr3 than it did to get from 1-vr1 lol
  • swanvalkyrie
    swanvalkyrie
    ✭✭
    Thread update: With no experience boosters I've came to the conclusion that it's difficult to get more than 500k exp as you level through Veteran Ranks. However upon levelling to level cap, the ability to get much more experience becomes true.

Hi everyone, it's been a long time since I levelled through the veteran ranks - it was much faster when I levelled my Sorcerer and Dragonknight earlier, I'm finally levelling my Nightblade and will wait for VR to be removed before I level a Templar.

Anywhoo I'm curious if it's possible to get more than 200 - 250k 500k, 540k exp per hour as I level through veteran ranks on alts.

I've not really researched nor mathed the various zones I've came across, undead in Rivenspire seems okay but I've not mathed it yet, then there's Alik'r but I dislike the pathing and the general large traffic unlike Rivenspire where traffic is extremely minimal to none.

Could some people inform me on Aldmeri Dominion gold zone exp averages? The highest p/h too? As it stands I've found 540k to be the maximum solo, which when compared to old values of exp per hour, seems okay as it did used to be 1,000,000 + exp per hour, pre nerf Craglorn etc.

Thanks in advance.

@Teiji Is there anything like this for DC veterans?
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭

I completed Gold and reached V10.5 ... no quests avoided, no delves avoided, public dungeons completed, as many world "bosses" as I could, group dungeons a few but minimal as I could not bear the 2 + hr finder queues as a DPS

Craglorn I cannot solo as a glass cannon

Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @swanvalkyrie

Hi swan!

Looking at the map you're going to want to get to The Rift and have a look around there, usually uncompleted quest zones give huge exp, in some cases it can even be quest areas which you start, progress through a bit then stop once you find a solid phase to grind.
    Edited by Teiji on July 21, 2015 11:07AM

• Ballzy321
    Ballzy321
    ✭✭✭
    Vr isn't going ne where
  • swanvalkyrie
    swanvalkyrie
    ✭✭
    @swanvalkyrie

Hi swan!

Looking at the map you're going to want to get to The Rift and have a look around there, usually uncompleted quest zones give huge exp, in some cases it can even be quest areas which you start, progress through a bit then stop once you find a solid phase to grind.

Thanks for the tips :) I'll try my best!

Oh and so Craglorn you cannot do Solo?
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    @swanvalkyrie

Hi swan!

I've seen some successfully solo Craglorn (until they accidentally aggro a mini-boss then they get two-shotted), but groups are usually of 5 mobs rather than 3 mobs ... as a sorcerer I am going to try different specs to see if I can do better, I previously did not have any crowd control on my ability bars which I guess is crucial when hitting larger groups.

Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @swanvalkyrie

Hi swan!

@swanvalkyrie With the goal of soloing Craglorn for great experience points, this is a no.

However if you're going to Craglorn to solo just for fun, say if your character is looking for a fight which will hurt like heck then yes!

You can run around, collecting materials as you look for Nirncrux in Upper Craglorn or whatever it is you like doing whilst clearing groups of mobs or maybe even soloing one of the Lower Craglorn delves or the overworld bosses, there are portals you can come across in Craglorn which will spawn groups of mobs and then eventually a boss, I've only seen a Gargoyle boss spawn from this but it can be a fun way to pass the time.

I don't think there's an achievement or anything for the Gargoyle portal boss, but it's an entertaining activity nonetheless.
    Edited by Teiji on July 21, 2015 10:54PM

• WeightItOnTheScale
    WeightItOnTheScale
    Soul Shriven
    @swanvalkyrie

Hi swan!

@swanvalkyrie With the goal of soloing Craglorn for great experience points, this is a no.

However if you're going to Craglorn to solo just for fun, say if your character is looking for a fight which will hurt like heck then yes!

You can run around, collecting materials as you look for Nirncrux in Upper Craglorn or whatever it is you like doing whilst clearing groups of mobs or maybe even soloing one of the Lower Craglorn delves or the overworld bosses, there are portals you can come across in Craglorn which will spawn groups of mobs and then eventually a boss, I've only seen a Gargoyle boss spawn from this but it can be a fun way to pass the time.

I don't think there's an achievement or anything for the Gargoyle portal boss, but it's an entertaining activity nonetheless.

Hi, could you send me a private message? Sorry, I'm not allowed to do so yet. Thanks.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OzJohnD wrote: »
    @swanvalkyrie

Hi swan!

I've seen some successfully solo Craglorn (until they accidentally aggro a mini-boss then they get two-shotted), but groups are usually of 5 mobs rather than 3 mobs ... as a sorcerer I am going to try different specs to see if I can do better, I previously did not have any crowd control on my ability bars which I guess is crucial when hitting larger groups.

You only need hardened ward to survive as sorc, you can even use healing ward for emergencies.
    Just pull a couple groups of mobs, buff up with power surge/entropy, lay down liquid lightning and use Storm Pulsar to AOE everything down. Use inner light and bound aegis for extra damage and magicka. Shooting Star for ultimate because this goes up very quick if you're killing undead/daedra and drop it on a 10-15 mobs.

If you pull enough mobs you can get up to 40-50k dps which is pretty funny.
    Edited by Septimus_Magna on July 24, 2015 8:30AM
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Did that on my first character, I enjoyed discovering the quests and taking it slow. But I'm not ready to spend another 10 days of /played to lvl a new character, when I can do it in 24 hours by grinding.

As for the OP, I feel sorry for you being AD, from the DC perspective, you can get over 1 000 000 exp/hour with a partner and exp pots. (exp pots that are so cheap nowadays that I don't understand why someone would exp without them)
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »

Did that on my first character, I enjoyed discovering the quests and taking it slow. But I'm not ready to spend another 10 days of /played to lvl a new character, when I can do it in 24 hours by grinding.

As for the OP, I feel sorry for you being AD, from the DC perspective, you can get over 1 000 000 exp/hour with a partner and exp pots. (exp pots that are so cheap nowadays that I don't understand why someone would exp without them)

Hi Ethaniel! Thanks for the post; I have v14 AD & EP characters, I was considering levelling a DC character in order to find quest-phases for 9,000,000 maybe 1,000,000 XP solo; I was considering this until I saw that normal IC mobs give 400 XP, so instead I'll just wait, farm treasure vaults for polymorphs whilst catching up with Champion Points and its power curve.

Unfortunately, I did all quests on AD and EP; leaving zero quest phases for grinding.

Advice to anyone who is interested in grinding - quest phases, these will be very low-traffic grinding spots, to keep them simply don't advance through the quest when you find one, they usually have fast respawns which makes the XP very good.

• AudioVortex
    AudioVortex
    ✭✭
    Advice to anyone who is interested in grinding - quest phases, these will be very low-traffic grinding spots, to keep them simply don't advance through the quest when you find one, they usually have fast respawns which makes the XP very good.

Thanks for the advice, I would never have thought to do that. I hit VR1 a couple of weeks ago but gave up as most of my Guild were destroying Verdidue-shae (however you spell it) so just been pvp.

Need to get back in the champion grind. Would help my other characters out a hell of alot in pvp!
    Edited by AudioVortex on August 11, 2015 9:42AM
    Vex Carlotta - Templar - Imperial - Aldmeri Dominion - VR2 - Werewolf
    Casamir Naharis - Dragon Knight (Tank) - Dunmer - Aldmeri Dominion - VR10 - Werewolf
    Razelan Azani - Nightblade - Redguard - Daggerfall Covenant - L45
    EU Dominion - Aldmeri Kings
    EU Daggerfall - Daggerfalls Elite
  • cinnamonbooty
    Honestly.. they must've done a substantial nerf, as I have been VR1 (in the pact, so working on Glenumbra) for days now. I believe I have collected 10+ Champion points and am only now close to VR2.

This must all be in response to people power leveling, and I get the feeling that they are going to be restructuring the experience gains again
    Cinnamon
  • jim_mau
    jim_mau
    ✭✭✭
    why does the status say resolved? did you find a resort place like for EP lol ? if so id love to recieve a PM about it :)
  • Lokov
    Lokov
    ✭✭✭
    STOP posting XP grind spots! It's fastest way to NERF them! Or make em busy permanently!
    Captain Org As More |Mag Blade| DC
    Bald Dude You Know From |Stam Blade| DC
    Ashot One Shot |Mag Blade| AD
    Strippirella |Stam Blade| AD
    Dont Touch My Tralala |Stam DK| DC
    Im Badman |Mag DK| DC
    Big Mac |Mag Sorc| DC
    Savitar Himself |Stam Sorc| DC
    Captain Old Fashion |Mag Plar| DC
    Chelovek Chlen-Nevidimka |Stam Warden| DC

Welcome to my TWITCH in Russian