Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"Deliver goods to refugee relief site".

gratuitousvioletsb16_ESO
Forgive me if this has been asked before but I'm so confused. I've been playing a while but to be honest whenever I speak in the public game chat I get ignored whenever I ask anything so I've come here. Hopefully someone is kind enough to not ignore me like some inconvenient useless article who isn't selling/buying something which is ALL I see chat being used for.

I pick up a Blacksmithing writ in Daggerfell but it tells me to deliver the goods to somewhere called the "Refugee Relief Site"...I can't find it on any map and my character literally got bushwhacked and died as I tried to walk my way to find it. Where is this site? (and why are people ignoring me on chat? I have NO friends/guilds in this game and it feels like such a lonely world for an MMORPG in my opinion).

Thanks in advance for any help.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dropoff sites for writs depend on how many skill points you've put into the main passive for that particular crafting skill (so for Blacksmithing it depends on how many ranks you have in Metalworking).

It'll be in the main city of the zone corresponding with that skill rank. Depending on the level of your character, that may make getting to the dropoff site difficult.

As far as people ignoring you in chat... What server are you on? Are you asking in chat via /say or /zone? If you're using /say (your text shows up in white rather than light grey) then only people very close to you will even see it. I know that when I'm in a low-level zone I always try to answer as many newbie questions in /zone chat as possible...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know that the drop off sites all have names according to level. Region 1 is the Consortium Tradepost, Region 2 is the Alliance Supply Depot, Region 3 is the Refugee Relief Site, Region 4 is the Fighters Guild Locus, Region 5 is the Privateers Drop Off and Coldharbour is the Mages Guild Locus. So you want to go to the capital city of Region 3.

Don't worry about getting bushwhacked, take off your gear and try to make it. When you die you'll be rezzed at the nearest wayshrine, use that to your advantage (it can get you closer to the city). Shornheim will be a pain but stick to the roads and head north from Daggerfall and exit the map at the top into Stormhaven. Once you get into Stormhaven head to the north west corner of the map and enter into Rivenspire. It's a short journey to Shornheim just up the road.

#Edit: Oh and you should avoid upgrading your metallurgy any further since you'll have to get a boat to Alik'r desert.
    Edited by Woolenthreads on May 15, 2015 10:50PM
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    The default channel you talk in is /say. This is a short range chat and only people really closeby can read it. This is perfect for e.g. "hey, wanna team up and quest together?"
    To chat into the entire map you need to change to /zone. You do so by typing /zone and it changes.

As for the drop of place for the crafting writs. This depends on how many points you have put in the crafting discipline when you take the quest.
    For example. Let's take blacksmihing.
    If you got 1 point in metalworking (press K - go to crafting - select blacksmithing and see the top option called metalworking). Then you need to make iron weapons/gear for the writ and you need to drop it off near daggerfall city (it is near one of the two docks, can't remember which one).
    If you got 2 points in metalworking, you need to make steel weapons/gear for the writ and you need to drop it off near Wayrest.
    Etc, etc.

If the above didn't help to find the droppoint, please let us know then name of one of the items you had to make (specifically the prefix, like "iron" or "steel"
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • kodo
    kodo
    ✭✭
    Forgive me if this has been asked before but I'm so confused. I've been playing a while but to be honest whenever I speak in the public game chat I get ignored whenever I ask anything so I've come here. Hopefully someone is kind enough to not ignore me like some inconvenient useless article who isn't selling/buying something which is ALL I see chat being used for.

I pick up a Blacksmithing writ in Daggerfell but it tells me to deliver the goods to somewhere called the "Refugee Relief Site"...I can't find it on any map and my character literally got bushwhacked and died as I tried to walk my way to find it. Where is this site? (and why are people ignoring me on chat? I have NO friends/guilds in this game and it feels like such a lonely world for an MMORPG in my opinion).

Thanks in advance for any help.

check in stormhaven,alkaire castle,it's north west.
    Edited by kodo on May 16, 2015 6:54PM
  • gratuitousvioletsb16_ESO
    Thanks for the responses. I eventually located it away at the top of the map (right now the name of the area slips my mind as I'm not looking at the map but it's I suppose the lvl 25ish area for Daggerfall faction types (forgive me I get this wrong, I'm half asleep and in a lot of pain, lol). I think it is Stormhaven (as mentioned above).

As for the talking, I've talked using the zones (and moved from zone to zone). I guess I'm on the European server. I've literally been around lots of people and and just seem to go ignored. Maybe everyone else just had groups of friends and joined with them and became clique-ish or something, or only care about guild and private chats. I don't know, but for such a large place filled with people, it feels slightly lonely. I think I only ever got asked to join with a party once or twice and no one even spoke to me or asked actually what quest I was on and "unparty-ed" me as soon as they'd done their thing, lol. Someone also sent a guild invite but didn't even bother to ask or talk to me about it either (so I felt a bit like just a "Number" than a person or a potential member, lol).

I've been enjoying the game immensely but it feels like playing a solo game somewhat if that makes sense sometimes. Oh well.
    Edited by gratuitousvioletsb16_ESO on May 16, 2015 9:41PM
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like you might find enjoyment from joining a guild. However, don't join with someone who randomly sends you an invite - they are probably just trying to fill up slots so they can get a bank and/or a trader. Watch the zone chat for advertisements for larger, more established guilds, and join one (or more) of those. Also, head on over to the guild section of the forum and look at the guilds that are active there:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/en-pc-mac-eu

Guildies tend to be more responsive to questions from "their own" then /zone is (though sometimes /zone can be quite helpful!). Also, /zone can have so much crap in it that many turn it off, at least at times. If you do join a guild and it isn't working out for you, don't feel bad about dropping it and looking for another - it can take a few tries to find one that is a good fit. Good luck!
  • gratuitousvioletsb16_ESO
    smacx250 wrote: »
    It sounds like you might find enjoyment from joining a guild. However, don't join with someone who randomly sends you an invite - they are probably just trying to fill up slots so they can get a bank and/or a trader. Watch the zone chat for advertisements for larger, more established guilds, and join one (or more) of those. Also, head on over to the guild section of the forum and look at the guilds that are active there:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/en-pc-mac-eu

Guildies tend to be more responsive to questions from "their own" then /zone is (though sometimes /zone can be quite helpful!). Also, /zone can have so much crap in it that many turn it off, at least at times. If you do join a guild and it isn't working out for you, don't feel bad about dropping it and looking for another - it can take a few tries to find one that is a good fit. Good luck!

Yeah, that's why I didn't respond when the last guy tried to invite me to his guild. No prompt or questions or offer and just a send spoke to me that I was just a "Number". I'm not that stupid lol. I'm going to go look at the guild listings and see what'd suit. Hopefully I find somewhere. :) Thanks for all your help :)
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stormhaven (main city is wayrest) is the level 15-23 region in the convenant. The level 24-31 map is Rivenspire (main city is Shornhelm).

in all three factions, when I look at chat in the level 15-23 region it is bad. So many people asking to sell or buy or looking for groups for silver/gold (daly rewards for veteran levels) it fills zone-chat and nobody is actually paying attention to it anymore.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    does anyone knows where is "consortium tradepost"? it doesn't show on my maps and i have a quest to deliver things there and it is probably in a map that i never discovered.
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    does anyone knows where is "consortium tradepost"? it doesn't show on my maps and i have a quest to deliver things there and it is probably in a map that i never discovered.

Read my earlier reply. The "Consortium Tradepost" is always in the beginning city, down in the harbour.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you in PC/NA/DC
    I'm always helping players if possible,feel free to contact me in game.
    @KrainorBlackthorne
  • i3ig_Gun
    i3ig_Gun
    ✭✭✭
    Google it.
    XBOX ONE - NA
    GT: i3ig Gun
    Legion of Many - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Shrinkwrap
    Shrinkwrap
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoying reading this post. Just to be clear to others reading, where can players find a map which lists what you guys are referring to as 'Zones" and/or 'Regions', or 'levels'? I think if we had some kind of reference to refer to it would be a lot clearer to players starting out in the game.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here's my first stop for most ESO questions. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online. Some info is out-dated, but most is solid, and it covers just about everything including the maps you are looking for.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • JohnnyQuantum
    JohnnyQuantum
    ✭✭
    In your journal (j) just click - show on map.
  • Kraynic
    Kraynic
    ✭✭
    In your journal (j) just click - show on map.

Did they fix it so when you click on that it doesn't just show you an exit of the city you are in? In my experience, it required zooming your map out and then checking each city or it might just show you an exit/entry portal for the zone as a quest marker. Really annoying.
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, this is a necro.
    The guy most likely got his answer more than a year ago.

Or simply stopped playing.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is indeed a necro so we'll be closing it. Please try not to revive dead threads as there can be out of date information and problems that no longer exist. If something in an old thread strikes your interest please create a new thread instead.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.