Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A Little Help/Question

betbill2b14_ESO
Hi All

I just have a quick question and hope you can help me with it, I soloed this game from 0 to veteran level 10. The veteran levels were slow going but not so slow, that I lost interest. I now find myself in Cyrodiil and leveling has ground to a halt. I have been in Cyrodiil for over 4 weeks now and am barely past half way to vet 11.

Any recommendations for speedier leveling? I'm on the AD side, veteran level 10 Nightblade, and it appears we are badly out numbered, everything is a quick trip to the grave?

As a solo gamer is there a way to pull this off, or did I pick the wrong game? I was never a big PvP fan.

Thank you for your time.

• KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrong game, as you pondered.

Once you've exhausted the VR content this game reverts on the PVE side to a 1990s group-or-die affair, forget doing anything meaningful in Craglorn without having to endure a PUG .. I don't PVP so can't suggest if there's a route via that to reach VR14.

ZOS have nerfed to Oblivion most viable XP grinding spots outside Cyrodiil, that's how most VR14s got to that level, before ZOS nerfed XP from the crystals and other non-dungeon content.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the current game you reached the end.

First keep in mind that in the current game, you are not ment to reach max VR and it is supposed to be a grind. The VR also only really matters for PvP, so it is no big deal if you are not max VR when you are playing solo PvE. Currently, even if you play group content in e.g. Graclorn, you will still struggle at VR14.

Unfortunally there is no solo PvE endgame.

BUT.....

There have been two announcements that indicates that the current game will not be how it is forever.

1: future DLC's (new zones)will be VR10+ solo content
    2: revamping the champion/VR system

It is unknown wether that means you can reach VR15 then more easily. But it does mean the game will be more suited for your wishes. Till then I suggest to either roll a new character or drop the game for a while.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »
    In the current game you reached the end.

First keep in mind that in the current game, you are not ment to reach max VR and it is supposed to be a grind. The VR also only really matters for PvP, so it is no big deal if you are not max VR when you are playing solo PvE. Currently, even if you play group content in e.g. Graclorn, you will still struggle at VR14.

Unfortunally there is no solo PvE endgame.

BUT.....

There have been two announcements that indicates that the current game will not be how it is forever.

1: future DLC's (new zones)will be VR10+ solo content
    2: revamping the champion/VR system

It is unknown wether that means you can reach VR15 then more easily. But it does mean the game will be more suited for your wishes. Till then I suggest to either roll a new character or drop the game for a while.

I don't even know where to start.....v15 doesn't exist, v14 is the max.

v14 is not that hard to get, Cyrodiil delves are probably the easiest way atm. You want to find the campaign that is controlled primarily by your faction. Which are you AD, EP or DC? Basically grind delves in cyro, do the daily quests open all the chests you see and watch your back for gankers. There are places in your v10 zone as well that you can grind to v14 if cyrodiil isn't your cup of tea.

You want a tip for speedier leveling?........wait for it.......group with someone. There is a 10% XP gain buff for being with one other person, not to mention it's just easier with 2 ppl. I have to say tho this is an MMO and the endgame content reflects that aka group content. If you want to solo play, in general, an mmo is not the game you want to play.

If you can't get past socializing with others here then yes as Ranique suggests, there is no point to reach max level other than PvP (which you can solo but will have a tough time unless you're really really good) or Reroll another class and begin leveling through again cause that is the only solo content we have atm.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • betbill2b14_ESO
    I was hoping this wasn't going to be the answers, but it is what it is I guess.

PvP is at this point unplayable, My faction never seems able to hold any objectives, and groups are few. The entire map is "Always" red . It seems EH has 3 times as many players or more, add to that, that PvP does not seem to be mainly skill based, as much as it is gear based. There is a insurmountable difference between Vet level 10 gear and Vet level 14 gear.

There is no way I'm spending PvP points for Veteran level 10 gear that is inferior in every way to anything vet level 14.

I won't be re level another toon, as I have already seen all this games content with Codwell's gold. Who thought that was a good game design is beyond me?

Thank you for your answers.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean you could try soloing craglorn delves/bosses but probably not until your v14. Some of those quests are phased to groups tho.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • betbill2b14_ESO
    Cuyler wrote: »
    I mean you could try soloing craglorn delves/bosses but probably not until your v14. Some of those quests are phased to groups tho.

Tried Craglorn, I'm unable to solo any of that content, and groups are scarcer than in the PvP zone. Getting a group in the same quest phase was impossible.

To me it appears that everyone or at least the majority, went the EH faction route. There was nobody in vet levels for AD?

Appreciate, you trying to help, and every one that replied.

Looks like time to shelve the game for a bit. Well at least until new content is released.

TUVM.