Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What does the Exploration trait do exactly?

VaXuS
VaXuS
Hi guys,

Can someone kindly explain to me what this trait does exactly?

Thank in advance!
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It grants you extra XP as you discover new locales.
  • VaXuS
    VaXuS
    Oh i see, thought it had a boost to XP when opening treasure chests too haha

Thanks for that info, much appreciated.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exploration is great to buff until your about L10, after that the amount you get, even with a boost, is so small compared to the amount of Exp you need to get to the next level, that it is not worth going out of your way for the trait. Other traits are much more useful for Leveling, like Training.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With a fuil set of L1 gear with Exploration trait, you can get a new toon from L1 to L15 in about 10 mins by just teleporting to players and getting wayshrine discovery exp. (either teleport to players in your guilds, or have a mate who is porting to each wayshrine and you port to them)

Then swap it for training trait gear
    Edited by Natjur on May 12, 2015 8:36PM
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VaXuS wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Can someone kindly explain to me what this trait does exactly?

Thank in advance!

The primary purpose of the Exploration trait is to tell you when ZoS thinks an item set is OP.

Seriously, I'm not joking.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • EramTheLiar
    EramTheLiar
    ✭✭✭✭
    So if you see set gear with the exploration trait you know ZoS thinks the combined bonuses are OP?
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if you see set gear with the exploration trait you know ZoS thinks the combined bonuses are OP?

Basically, yeah :)

Crusader is a perfect example of this! I'm able to fight dozens of mobs in a row with this set without taking ANY damage, simply by roll dodging at the right time. The set even gives you a nice visual indication of when to insert your attack in between roll dodges.

Desert Rose used to be capable of OP-ness, as well, back when magicka management was still a big problem for many builds.

EDIT: Incorrectly mentioned Ward of Cyrodiil instead of Crusader. Who can keep 'em straight?
    Edited by Emma_Overload on May 13, 2015 3:27PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duplicate comment. Please delete.
    Edited by Emma_Overload on May 13, 2015 3:25PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • VaXuS
    VaXuS
    I'm finding the trait not to my liking, makes me level too fast lol and since i basically explore everything in a given area and do every doable quest i get over-leveled too fast. Ironically enough when i unequipped my shield that had the trait it didn't take long after questing and opening chests did i find a heavy chest piece and shortly a heavy gauntlet with the explorer trait.... it seems the game is sending me a message :D
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Training is a much better trait for leveling, as it only levels that which you equip (weapon, armor, shield*) Especially if you are leveling all armor types at once (Light, Medium and Heavy). I run 5 pieces of my preferred armor, then 1 of Light and 1 of Medium. If you improve this gear, you can get a huge boost to armor or weapon experience. Anyway, I got my main armor up to 50 by character level 30, and my two other armor lines were at 50 by the time my character was 50.

Same with weapons, a good place to be is to have most if not all weapon skills at 50 when your character reaches L50. This way you can change builds with just a respec and a new weapon, not have to grind out the skill. This works because during L1 to L50 content, you don't really need the combat enhancement traits on your weapons. Yes, they are nice to have, but they are not needed.

*I am not sure if the Shield helps the armor side or the 1H/S skill. I think it is the 1H/S skill. If that is the case, having Training on both will rocket Sword and Board to 50 in no time now since they buffed the training attribute.
    Edited by Nestor on May 13, 2015 5:33PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"