The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Radiant Aura - You know? The other morph opposite of Repentance

Suhxtob-yu
Suhxtob-yu
✭✭✭
I love this skill.....when it works.

The passive 10% gain to all regen stats for having it slotted works as intended.
The activated 20% Major Fortified buff applies as intended when the ability is triggered.

The activated 20% Major Endurance buff is not applying 100% of the time. Actually it is closer to 25% success rate of application.

I tested this with a guildie and confirmed that it is not just a UI bug on my client side but rather that the buff is actually not applying roughly 75%of the times that it is casted.

I don't claim to be the end-all authority when it comes to this but, having used this skill on my bar for over 6 months now, I am in a pretty good place to be able to talk about it with adequate knowledge of it's intended state as opposed to it's actual state. But by all means, discuss. I'd rather be proven wrong on this and have some type of solemn when using this ability.
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They destroyed the skill with 1.6. The active buff no longer stacks with potions. It is useless now.

That was their way of fixing Templars, lol!
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What? There is another morph aside from repentance? Lies...
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• kkravaritieb17_ESO
    kkravaritieb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know you can get the same buff from a tri stat pot right?
    Member of the glorious Zerg Squad
    Rip Banana Squad

Lheneth -- Sorc PvP Rank 31
    Ellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 50 (No Bleaker's roleplaying involved)
    Smellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 28
    and many other chars

• Suhxtob-yu
    Suhxtob-yu
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I could just use tri-pots. But I crafted my build to be self-sufficient without the need for potions.

This is not a discussion about what I can replace Radiant Aura with but rather shedding light on yet another broken Templar ability.

• Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is also bugged in another way, with it slotted often my Templar would randomly spam the Radiant Aura animation for no reason, very annoying because it interrupts my skill use.
  • Saft
    Saft
    ✭✭✭
    Suhxtob-yu wrote: »
    I love this skill.....when it works.

The passive 10% gain to all regen stats for having it slotted works as intended.
    The activated 20% Major Fortified buff applies as intended when the ability is triggered.

The activated 20% Major Endurance buff is not applying 100% of the time. Actually it is closer to 25% success rate of application.

I tested this with a guildie and confirmed that it is not just a UI bug on my client side but rather that the buff is actually not applying roughly 75%of the times that it is casted.

I don't claim to be the end-all authority when it comes to this but, having used this skill on my bar for over 6 months now, I am in a pretty good place to be able to talk about it with adequate knowledge of it's intended state as opposed to it's actual state. But by all means, discuss. I'd rather be proven wrong on this and have some type of solemn when using this ability.

It is wasted morph imo. They nerfed so hard its absolutly useless. The cost to activate is absurd and return 10% more regens. Lets say someone got 1k regen of eatch resource it adds 300+ resouse per second as bonus (resources tick every 2 sec). Not home now, so cannot check cost, but i would guess it cost 2kish magica?. So when you use this you have to wait 6.7 sec to get resources back if you have regens at 1k and it cost 2k magica to cast.

That is 1 worhless piece of *** spell even from start. Now you say its bugged also, well not suprised, Zenimax released 1 broken class and it was named Templars.

• eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont know a single player that actually uses Radiant Aura after 1.6. They nerfed it to brutally.

Was one of my favourite skills in 1.5. But now it only gives minor as a passive and major regen upon activation. So does potions. If you use tri-stats you replace the skill entirely.

Than there's a few other skills giving minor or major(Relentless Focus, Green Dragon Blood, Twilight for example). So when I waste my magicka using Radiant Aura, no one in the group will get full benefit. Most dps now is also stamina, they will appreciate a templar using Repentance and throwing Spears, way more.

Sucks that it's bugged and I dont think anyone playing templar is surprised lol. But fixing that bug would be something like bottom 100 on my templar priority list. Make the skill worth slotting in the first place maybe? Keeping it worthless with the argument that some guys are to cheap to use pots, It's not a good enough reason.
  • Saft
    Saft
    ✭✭✭
    eliisra wrote: »
    I dont know a single player that actually uses Radiant Aura after 1.6. They nerfed it to brutally.

Was one of my favourite skills in 1.5. But now it only gives minor as a passive and major regen upon activation. So does potions. If you use tri-stats you replace the skill entirely.

Than there's a few other skills giving minor or major(Relentless Focus, Green Dragon Blood, Twilight for example). So when I waste my magicka using Radiant Aura, no one in the group will get full benefit. Most dps now is also stamina, they will appreciate a templar using Repentance and throwing Spears, way more.

Sucks that it's bugged and I dont think anyone playing templar is surprised lol. But fixing that bug would be something like bottom 100 on my templar priority list. Make the skill worth slotting in the first place maybe? Keeping it worthless with the argument that some guys are to cheap to use pots, It's not a good enough reason.

Fix, Zenimax don't fix templar abilites. They Nerf and put GCD on them, then they ignore them for 6+ months while poor templars run around with broken skills.

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And that my friends; is why this will be fixed first. And they will do something like "while looking at the skill; the repentence morph appears to be restoring too many resources. Slightly reduced to keep this skill in line with the radiant aura morph."
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

And that my friends; is why this will be fixed first. And they will do something like "while looking at the skill; the repentence morph appears to be restoring too many resources. Slightly reduced to keep this skill in line with the radiant aura morph."

Like the casttime on BoL to keep it in line with the new animation.... rofl
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zsymon wrote: »
    It is also bugged in another way, with it slotted often my Templar would randomly spam the Radiant Aura animation for no reason, very annoying because it interrupts my skill use.

HAH this one! It also triggers the GCD, blocks any skill usage. And sometimes it turns into a machine gun and repeatedly plays the animation for like 6 times in a row lol.

#templarlife

(no it's not the lag god)
    Edited by Soris on May 12, 2015 3:08PM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saft wrote: »

Fix, Zenimax don't fix templar abilites. They Nerf and put GCD on them, then they ignore them for 6+ months while poor templars run around with broken skills.

LOL, I'm sure if ZOS' pattern of 'fixing' Templars holds, they will nerf Repentance, and put a GCD and lengthy animation onto Radiant Aura, and then wait a year before doing anything else.

What a sad state for Templars. They try to fix them and only end up wrecking more skills, while keeping virtually all of the bugs that made the class the worst of the game's four. Then they have to be dragged kicking and screaming to face even some of the bugs... which they prove incapable of fixing. It would be comical... if I weren't playing one.
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suhxtob-yu wrote: »
    Yeah, I could just use tri-pots. But I crafted my build to be self-sufficient without the need for potions.

This is not a discussion about what I can replace Radiant Aura with but rather shedding light on yet another broken Templar ability.

What is broken about this ability it that its design absolutely sucks.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the potion issue and nerf made it useless. It was good before where you can stack both (and that unnerfed 80% bonus)

I could live with it if its effect were some other skill's secondary effect like Green Dragon Blood. But it is the ability itself where you pay magicka to activate and it doesn't do anything else than buff your health&stamina regen. Any potion can do that for free once in 45 seconds and they last 2 times more than the skill + they restore your resources.

So it's idiotic in current state. I don't understand why and how you guys thought it's ok before you push it live.
    Edited by Soris on May 12, 2015 6:24PM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Suhxtob-yu
    Suhxtob-yu
    ✭✭✭
    LoL. Everyone keeps saying potions this, potions that. This is not a discussion thread for potion buffs versus RA buffs. Thus thread is to highlight a broken aspect of a skill.

And to the guy saying I'm too cheap to buy potions.... Naw, I'm too smart to need them. I like how you try to insult me though.
    Really, the ONLY potions I even use anymore are detect pots (even then it is rare). I sell all the rest of my potions and make profit.
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Radiant aura? you mean the skill that gives you the same buff as a stamina Potion?

utterly crap now thx to ZOS "rebalancing"
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dont know a single player that actually uses Radiant Aura after 1.6.
    I don't know why anyone would morph to radiant ever, the expanded area doesn't make a difference.

Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Special announcement - "Only today choose Templar class for play and you will get new nerfs each patch for free!"
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »

Like the casttime on BoL to keep it in line with the new animation.... rofl

Yeah LOLOL
  • Sestar
    Sestar
    ✭✭
    Hi,

as a recent returner, who did like the old Radiant Aura as the stamina battery: OMG!

Though, with the now high stat pool numbers in the ten thousands and regenerations being very diverse (equipment sets, champion stuff, skills, whatever) reaching from 500 to beyond 2k the prevoius 80% bonus would push high regeneration builds over the top.

On the other hand, the current buff gained from activating the aura is near useless for people with "normal" pre v14 regeneration values.

The other morph never appealed to me, because I only need healing boosts if the enemies do not drop dead. In that case there are no corpses.

Regards,
    Sestar