The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Remove or change drink

• OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    OdinForge wrote: »
    maryriv wrote: »
    Add soft cap. Don't change them, not everyone is abusing them. Add 1500 soft cap for regen and 25000 soft cap for Magicka and Stamina. Right now there is a cap for defense but no cap for offense.

How exactly are people "abusing' regen?
    Do you think that 3k stamina or magicka regen is normal? And this is not the maximum. The maximum is probably 4k+. Anyway with nice builds you need 2k magicka or stamina regen. This is every 2 seconds.

Where are you getting 3K or 4K from?

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/167769/how-much-regen-does-teargrants-need/p1

Look at post #22

LOL
    Edited by OdinForge on May 11, 2015 2:09PM
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Add soft cap. Don't change them, not everyone is abusing them. Add 1500 soft cap for regen and 25000 soft cap for Magicka and Stamina. Right now there is a cap for defense but no cap for offense.

Do you think that 3k stamina or magicka regen is normal? And this is not the maximum. The maximum is probably 4k+. Anyway with nice builds you need 2k magicka or stamina regen. This is every 2 seconds.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/167769/how-much-regen-does-teargrants-need/p1

Look at post #22

If you're running regen that high, you're not doing anything else effectively.
    You amaze me. I told you that 2k is enough and 4k+ is reachable. You ask how is reachable and I showed you. What do you want? Please use your brain and think how effective can be 2k regen combined with other resources and how wrong it is.

Because I can!
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Look at post #22

If you're running regen that high, you're not doing anything else effectively.
    You amaze me. I told you that 2k is enough and 4k+ is reachable. You ask how is reachable and I showed you. What do you want? Please use your brain and think how effective can be 2k regen combined with other resources and how wrong it is.

You're complaining about something that no one is abusing.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »
    I have 2.9k stam reg (full buffed), running 7/7 medium and I can run out of stamina using animation cancel.
    Either light attack > skill > bash or light attack > skill > dodge
    For this amount of stamina recovery I drop a hell lot of weapondamage and probably good 5pc bonis, but this fits my playstyle.

You reverse the removal of softcaps and you will see people with same builds and same stats all over the place as it was before.
    Without soft cap you can freely push the stat you want and ofc some people will get huge dmg or huge defense, but overall everything is counterable and nothing unbeatable.
    What you want is a build working against everything as it was in 1.5.
    I don't want that, I want to play as I want and not as the soft caps want me to.

So you are okay with endles fights because it's impossible to drain the enemy's resources?
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    I have 2.9k stam reg (full buffed), running 7/7 medium and I can run out of stamina using animation cancel.
    For this amount of stamina recovery I drop a hell lot of weapondamage and probably good 5pc bonis, but this fits my playstyle.

You reverse the removal of softcaps and you will see people with same builds and same stats all over the place as it was before.
    Without soft cap you can freely push the stat you want and ofc some people will get huge dmg or huge defense, but overall everything is counterable and nothing unbeatable.
    I don't want that, I want to play as I want and not as the soft caps want me to.

So you are okay with endles fights because it's impossible to drain the enemy's resources?

Never had a endless fight and I duel quite a lot.
    It doesn't matter where you place the softcap, there's always a way to get infinity Ressources or is a NB using siphoning attacks immortal?
    I got infinity Magicka back in 1.5 already without being Breton or Highelf, so pls stop using that as an argument for softcaps.
    Edited by Soulac on May 11, 2015 2:28PM
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • TheBucket
    TheBucket
    ✭✭✭✭
    3 Months ago- "REMOVE CAPS, GIVE US DIVERSITY"
    Now - "Place soft caps in!"
    William Reignes
    Magic Nightblade - Rogue Bomber
    Creator of Thirsty Thief Build (Retired 1.5)
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It doesn't matter where you place the softcap, there's always a way to get infinity Ressources or is a NB using siphoning attacks immortal?
    I got infinity Magicka back in 1.5 already without being Breton or Highelf, so pls stop using that as an argument for softcaps.

I am not even saying I want softcaps, I'd like diminishing returns though, wich you'd know if you read my previous posts.
    And if duels go over 30-45 minutes without any significant resource drain or low hp, I would consider that "endless duel" and break it up.
    Besides that, we both know that you can build a lot more regen and cost reduction than in 1.5, wich also means the same amount is easier, wich means you can spend resources in other aspects of your build. You do sacrifice damage for regen, sure. But you do not run without high damage despite your high regen.

• Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I am not even saying I want softcaps, I'd like diminishing returns though, wich you'd know if you read my previous posts.
    And if duels go over 30-45 minutes without any significant resource drain or low hp, I would consider that "endless duel" and break it up.
    Besides that, we both know that you can build a lot more regen and cost reduction than in 1.5, wich also means the same amount is easier, wich means you can spend resources in other aspects of your build. You do sacrifice damage for regen, sure. But you do not run without high damage despite your high regen.

PvP is not about 1v1 tho, you can´t perfectly balance it since there is always something annoying.

- Meow -
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jitterbug wrote: »
    BTW:

I would then start using drinks, drop atronach for apprentice, go with Warlock x3, Torug's Pact x2, Engine Guardian x2, Martial Knowledge x4.
    Welcome in the world where I deal more damage at the expense defense and my enemies are weaker than before, grats.
    I said that there is no cap for offense (spell damage, weapon damage). I just don't know what numbers will be fine. Probably 2000?

Off the top of my head, and purely for arguments sake:

Softcaps
    Health 30k
    Stam/Mag 25k
    Spell/Weapon damage 3k
    Stam/Mag regens 2k

Why should I have to lose over a 1000 points Weapon damage? I only have 1800~ stamina regen I give up a lot for that that's the point of the Champion System play your way problem is people have way to much burst or regen but that what we all wanted remember

Honesty as I would be well over Damage cap and near regen cap I would ignore by x% with Physical damage so would a lot of people we will all be doing the same things just like 1.5 the thing people wanted and got removed well this is freedom

Are you kidding me? Stop being selfish and supporting a sucky insta-kill meta because your 4k weapon damage kills people in 2 shots and your 1800 stam regen only means you can "only" dodge roll from Sejanus to Alessia instead of all the war to Faregyl.
    Edited by Joy_Division on May 11, 2015 2:59PM
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

PvP is not about 1v1 tho, you can´t perfectly balance it since there is always something annoying.

So you are okay with it - all I wanted to know ;) .

• Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So you are okay with it - all I wanted to know ;) .

Right, why not?
    1.5 -> Fights over 40 Minutes
    1.6 -> longest fight i´ve seen was like 12min between shieldstacking Sorcs.

- Meow -
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, drinks were useless since release of game, and after its buff people started to complain about it?! Are you just serious?
  • Chikenuget

Soulac is by far the only one that properly wrote a response in this thread.
    Oddly enough, it's also the most convincing.
    V14 Stam NB AD / V14 Mag NB DC
    V7 Stam DK DC
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My L41 NB is at 1841 Stamina regen right now and I don't have a single piece of stamina recovery on my gear and am using L40 drink instead of VR10 drink.

I don't think you really have to sacrifice much at all go get to 3K Stamina recovery as a NB. Once you're over 2K and wearing full Medium/Full with Stam Cost reduction enchants you can dodge roll for several minute straight.

I think Drinks should be toned back a bit (and food should be toned back to match it)...I was amazed when they buffed both by 6% a few patches ago.

I also think the mutliplicative effects of tri-stat potions should be removed and changed back to a static recovery amount over time that doesn't scale.

And Champion regen passives shouldn't be multiplicative

And Stamina cost reduction enchants should be split into ability reduction and dodge/roll break free

Doing these things would help eliminate many of the "infinite" resource builds out there without significantly impacting those who aren't abusing them.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    My L41 NB is at 1841 Stamina regen right now and I don't have a single piece of stamina recovery on my gear and am using L40 drink instead of VR10 drink.

I don't think you really have to sacrifice much at all go get to 3K Stamina recovery as a NB. Once you're over 2K and wearing full Medium/Full with Stam Cost reduction enchants you can dodge roll for several minute straight.

I think Drinks should be toned back a bit (and food should be toned back to match it)...I was amazed when they buffed both by 6% a few patches ago.

I also think the mutliplicative effects of tri-stat potions should be removed and changed back to a static recovery amount over time that doesn't scale.

And Stamina cost reduction enchants should be split into ability reduction and dodge/roll break free

Doing these things would help eliminate many of the "infinite" resource builds out there without significantly impacting those who aren't abusing them.

Regeneration increases weren´t multiplicative in 1.5, also the skill cost overall was much higher than it is right now, so basically it wouldn´t change anything.
    Players in 1.5 had infinity ressources without the champion system or drinks, no one complained. Why not? Maybe cause only Magicka Builds had infinity ressources and now everyone?
    Let people play as they want without nerfing every little thing, that won´t change anything at all.

- Meow -
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Regeneration increases weren´t multiplicative in 1.5, also the skill cost overall was much higher than it is right now, so basically it wouldn´t change anything.
    Players in 1.5 had infinity ressources without the champion system or drinks, no one complained. Why not? Maybe cause only Magicka Builds had infinity ressources and now everyone?
    Let people play as they want without nerfing every little thing, that won´t change anything at all.

I can tell you as a pure magicka efficiency sorc in 1.5 I had nothing close to the resources my sorc has today. Not even remotely close.

Let's not forget that they scaled Cost reduction enchants far better than anything else, and they scale the regen set bonuses better than everything else.

Base costs increased a bit but the cost reduction opportunites of the CP system far outweighed those increases.

I don't want to nerf anyone, but you'd have to be blind to think that all the different build options are anything close to balanced right now.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I can tell you as a pure magicka efficiency sorc in 1.5 I had nothing close to the resources my sorc has today. Not even remotely close.

Let's not forget that they scaled Cost reduction enchants far better than anything else, and they scale the regen set bonuses better than everything else.

Base costs increased a bit but the cost reduction opportunites of the CP system far outweighed those increases.

I don't want to nerf anyone, but you'd have to be blind to think that all the different build options are anything close to balanced right now.

Everything is killable, nothing is unbeatable.. don´t see missing balance there.
    In 1.5 you had the same builds with the same stats everywhere, including >40min fights, now you don´t but you got more ressources.
    I don´t see the problem..

- Meow -
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The current system allows us to be one of several flavors of overpowered. You can stack spell/ weapon damage for goofy burst. You can stack recovery for unlimited resources. You can stack magicka/ stamina for a bit of a compromise.

I like this idea. Some tweaks may be needed to ensure that one path isn't unquestionably the best, but I appreciate the ability to make a character specialized in and very good at one aspect. With soft caps, everyone's capabilities were much more similar.

I prefer imbalanced to boring.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Everything is killable, nothing is unbeatable.. don´t see missing balance there.
    In 1.5 you had the same builds with the same stats everywhere, including >40min fights, now you don´t but you got more ressources.
    I don´t see the problem..

Of course everything is killable. In close fights it usually comes down to who bugs first. Whether it is weapon swap delay, potion bug, unbreakable CC or some other bug. Most of my deaths against good players in 1 v 1 scenarios are at the hands of bugs.

This isn't about 1 v 1s or duels though, this is the about overall balance and effectiveness of many abilities, passives, traits and buffs. Some things are just far too powerful compared to other things with a similar opportunity cost. Those things need scaled down a bit.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • jrkhan
    jrkhan
    ✭✭✭
    As suggested elsewhere:
    Add abilities/morphs that drain stam/magika or apply a debuff to regen rate.
    I find it very strange that the buff system has major buffs to regen without correlating debuffs.

I think this will go a long way towards countering burst builds (assuming they don't kill you immediately), while providing infinate resource builds a reason to manage resources and a plausible means of dying in 1v1 other than lag related death.
    I'd prefer to see this sort of active counter more so than across the board nerfs to regen.
    Edited by jrkhan on May 11, 2015 6:56PM
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    62107904.jpg
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Jitterbug but what you are saying is that if you put 200 points weapon damage and you pass the cap at 100 then you should only get half of the rest just 50 out of 100 you have to add more to get lose to force players to spread points around is 1.5 with higher caps if I cripple myself to play one very specific way why can't I hate sorcs with 38k Magic but they do lose a lot to get it their should always be a trade off hold people back with caps like that is just wrong.

no it isn't
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jrkhan wrote: »
    As suggested elsewhere:
    Add abilities/morphs that drain stam/magika or apply a debuff to regen rate.
    I find it very strange that the buff system has major buffs to regen without correlating debuffs.

I think this will go a long way towards countering burst builds (assuming they don't kill you immediately), while providing infinate resource builds a reason to manage resources and a plausible means of dying in 1v1 other than lag related death.
    I'd prefer to see this sort of active counter more so than across the board nerfs to regen.

That would be neat. Id love to see more debuffs, and an ability that steals/borrows/removes buffs.
    Edited by Domander on May 11, 2015 10:32PM
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drinks give exactly same value as food in total value. (if you compare the values to set bonuses from gear)
    So if they remove drinks, we can just use food, and focus our set bonuses on regen. Same result with less gear variety...
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    glavius wrote: »
    Drinks give exactly same value as food in total value. (if you compare the values to set bonuses from gear)
    So if they remove drinks, we can just use food, and focus our set bonuses on regen. Same result with less gear variety...

I think that would kind of be the point, you would need to give up some damage or something else.
  • Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Petros wrote: »
    You do realize, the OP is bored and made this thread for conversation and arguments as he/she sits back in their chair and smiles

This may be true. It's kind of like bad tv sitcoms. You feel guilty for watching, but secretly enjoy the comforting predictability of it.
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Petros wrote: »
    You do realize, the OP is bored and made this thread for conversation and arguments as he/she sits back in their chair and smiles

I don't make threads for amusement, though I will say it is kind of amusing how much discussion this is getting. Probably needs discussion.
  • Cthalion
    Cthalion
    ✭✭✭
    Part of the supposed draw of this game is "play how you want."

Yes, we all know that it isn't *really* that wide open, but there is some freedom in builds.

Let's nerf drinks because whiners can't make a build! Just no, no NO!

Softcaps before were stupid. I hit softcap on regen just by wearing a set of armor. That was pretty lame to be honest.

Instead of complaining, adapt. Who wants fights where you run out of resources after a few casts? That doesn't mean skill somehow, sorry!

Slightly off subject, the only thing that needs to be nerfed is bosmer racial regen. It is simply not in-line with other racials, and I think everyone knows that.
    Kosmoko.
    Stamina NB since 4-4-14.
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cthalion wrote: »
    Part of the supposed draw of this game is "play how you want."

Yes, we all know that it isn't *really* that wide open, but there is some freedom in builds.

Let's nerf drinks because whiners can't make a build! Just no, no NO!

Softcaps before were stupid. I hit softcap on regen just by wearing a set of armor. That was pretty lame to be honest.

Instead of complaining, adapt. Who wants fights where you run out of resources after a few casts? That doesn't mean skill somehow, sorry!

Slightly off subject, the only thing that needs to be nerfed is bosmer racial regen. It is simply not in-line with other racials, and I think everyone knows that.

Run out of resources after a few casts as opposed to ... not ever? It used to be a game of resources/strategy/etc... now it's who can burst the other one down faster. I absolutely think you should be able to have a nice regen build, but you should have to give up some damage to do it.

It doesn't matter though, like I said, take advantage. It probably won't change.
    Edited by Domander on May 12, 2015 7:39AM
  • Cthalion
    Cthalion
    ✭✭✭
    We do give up damage. A lot. Maybe I exaggerated, but you got my point.

It just sounds like you are stuck in beta mode or something. I have a lot of regen, and saying "not ever" is ridiculous. Pressing situations can drain almost any regen. Anyway, not trying to be harsh, just discussing.

And yeah, I/we have taken advantage. You can too. Each alliance has access to the same classes, gear and skills.

And yes, *tons* of strategy running in a blob AEing. Really!. =p
    Building a character is strategy itself too, don't overlook that.
    Edited by Cthalion on May 12, 2015 7:45AM
    Kosmoko.
    Stamina NB since 4-4-14.