Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVP GEAR? Where is it?

TheGOHgamer
TheGOHgamer
✭✭
As a new player to the game who is only lvl 47, is there a difference between PVE and PVP gear and do the stats make a difference in either?

Also there is absolutely NO information, turorials, etc on how to get PVP gear, where to purchase, nothing. I would like to be properly equipped but with no information this is extremely difficult. Does PVP gear only become accessible at a certain level? How can you tell the difference between PVE or PVP gear.

The game does a good job of not giving you any info.
  • Echo_Silence
    I don't think there is PVP gear or PVE gear, But If you are saying PVP gear as the gear in the arena then I'll explain where to get it and how to get it. So when you start out in a campaign you get AP (Alliance Points). There is multiple ways to get AP you can kill other players, attack the other players and do damage. And do sieges, Many more ways. Also when you do good in pvp you get rewards sent to your mailbox that give you armor/weapons and they are random. (Normally the armor is close to your level). The best way to get AP and rewards is to be in a big group. One last thing is there is a shop area in the gates. When you open the map in-game while you are in arena the emblem you should look for is a shield and the connect to the keeps. There is shops there that sell everything for every class. And you don't buy the items with gold you buy them with AP. The shops sell armor/weapons by levels. Here are some examples. Level 10 Armor> Level 20 Armor> Level 25 Armor, and etc.. Same goes with weapons. I hope this helps you! :)

@TheGOHgamer

~Echo_Silence
  • TheGOHgamer
    TheGOHgamer
    ✭✭
    @Echo_Silence Thank you. That's really helpful. I was told that there were specific pvp vendors and the gear stats are different. I also see videos on youtube that mention PVP gear and PVE gear sets so it's all confusing.
  • Echo_Silence
    Yeah, It's really weird. But I hope this helps you!
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no distinction between PvE or PvP gear because it is all just gear that can worn everywhere. Some of the best gear comes from cyrodil atm and DSA. Other avenues are finding a crafter to craft you special set, or grind for dropped sets.
    There is no PvP gear, but you absolutely can have an extra set that you use for PvP.
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are a few 'PvP sets' such as buffer of the swift that reduces damage from players dominions_hat.jpg
    Outdated picture but oh well....
    Edited by Shunravi on May 4, 2015 1:49PM
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • Trollwut
    Trollwut
    ✭✭✭
    The game does a good job of not giving you any info.

This game is not about doing what tutorials tell you, formerly known as "WoW".
    This game is about spending time in another universe and experience everything on your own - it will add very much more fun for you!
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think there is PVP gear or PVE gear, But If you are saying PVP gear as the gear in the arena then I'll explain where to get it and how to get it. So when you start out in a campaign you get AP (Alliance Points). There is multiple ways to get AP you can kill other players, attack the other players and do damage. And do sieges, Many more ways. Also when you do good in pvp you get rewards sent to your mailbox that give you armor/weapons and they are random. (Normally the armor is close to your level). The best way to get AP and rewards is to be in a big group. One last thing is there is a shop area in the gates. When you open the map in-game while you are in arena the emblem you should look for is a shield and the connect to the keeps. There is shops there that sell everything for every class. And you don't buy the items with gold you buy them with AP. The shops sell armor/weapons by levels. Here are some examples. Level 10 Armor> Level 20 Armor> Level 25 Armor, and etc.. Same goes with weapons. I hope this helps you! :)

@TheGOHgamer

~Echo_Silence

Well put, but to add to that, there is a elite gear vendor that sells good stuff for PvP with good (in most cases) set bonuses.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you do a Google search for ESO armor sets, there is an entry for fextralife (sp?) that shows all current sets, their bonuses, and where/how they can be acquired.

This should help you flesh out the finer points of the gear you're after.

;)
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS