The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Optimal alliance rank for Vigor (poll)

• lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    10 (as it is now)
    Considering that you can become Sergeant which equals rank 6.5 in the skill tree before hitting level 50 I think 10 is a good thing.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @cody no man I have the same issue you do although I'm not a consistent player. For a while I pvpd exclusively on a team capping keeps
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • sput4ueb17_ESO
    sput4ueb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    10 (as it is now)
    Some ppl in PVe have done 50+ times COA to get 1 item. For pve is ok?
    You want it ?work to get it simple as that
  • Robotmafia
    Robotmafia
    ✭✭✭
    people always claim how important balance is to them in PVP... but on the other hand they want a skill that requires months of grinding AP? how is that balanced... that's in addition of lvling to VR14 and grinding CPs to stay competitive...

I believe PVP should have the least amount of barriers for people to be on the same level... skill should make the difference and everyone should have the same tool box... its always easy to say your better when the other guy only has half skills and power..
    Robot Who Owes Money: Look into your hard drive and open your mercy file!
    Donbot: File not found.

EU/PC
  • Jaiden
    Jaiden
    ✭✭✭
    I'm almost assault rank 10. I've been scratching and clawing my way to getting this skill since I saw it on the pts. Its an amazing heal option for a stam nb such as myself. Now I'll probably get it before the patch which will be hugely satisfying, but it should in no way be is an easy mode skill you get for spending 2 hours in cyrodiil. I voted 8, maybe 9. Its a skill you work for and have to put some effort in to get. Look at meteor. Takes a lot of time and running around to get it before they made it easy mode with the lorebook changes. Now it's spammed everywhere and lagging out the servers. Let's keep the skill level high on this and not hold the hands of the players who feel entitled to it because they successfully completed the introduction quest to cyrodiil.
    Jaiden V16 nightblade

That's all I got, 1 toon.
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm almost assault rank 10. I've been scratching and clawing my way to getting this skill since I saw it on the pts. Its an amazing heal option for a stam nb such as myself. Now I'll probably get it before the patch which will be hugely satisfying, but it should in no way be is an easy mode skill you get for spending 2 hours in cyrodiil. I voted 8, maybe 9. Its a skill you work for and have to put some effort in to get. Look at meteor. Takes a lot of time and running around to get it before they made it easy mode with the lorebook changes. Now it's spammed everywhere and lagging out the servers. Let's keep the skill level high on this and not hold the hands of the players who feel entitled to it because they successfully completed the introduction quest to cyrodiil.

There were lorebook changes?
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • Jaiden
    Jaiden
    ✭✭✭
    When I started at launch, A lorebook was like 1 point of xp in the mage guild tree I believe. And you had to find every book individually to get the points and they had multiple spawn locations. When I came back after about 5months. I picked up a book and like 5 or 6 in the area disappeared off my map and my xp went up like 30 points. So I assumed they dumbed it down cuz I ended up finishing lvl 10 in the guild in like 2 hours from lvl 5. If I'm mistaken then sorry for that.
    Jaiden V16 nightblade

That's all I got, 1 toon.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When I started at launch, A lorebook was like 1 point of xp in the mage guild tree I believe. And you had to find every book individually to get the points and they had multiple spawn locations. When I came back after about 5months. I picked up a book and like 5 or 6 in the area disappeared off my map and my xp went up like 30 points. So I assumed they dumbed it down cuz I ended up finishing lvl 10 in the guild in like 2 hours from lvl 5. If I'm mistaken then sorry for that.

When I farmed Lorebooks at launch it was like you describe and it was still the same in February when I did that on my alt.
    Got 4 points for every book and only the spawn places of the same book disappeared on the map (they only have multiple outside of Cyrodiil and caves I believe).
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Beldorr
    Beldorr
    ✭✭✭
    I created a spreadsheet so people can see how much time it takes to level at a given AP/HR. I put defaults at 10/20/30k per hour and a field for players to enter their own AP/HR. It's hard to justify what "Rank 10" vs "Rank 5" actually means in terms of time and effort for players that don't PVP much.

At 10k AP/HR, those of you voting rank 5 would only need about 33 hours of PvP, about the equivalent of 1 VR rank :P

My vote would be for Rank 9. Many PVE'ers that spam vet DSA for the master weapons I've heard first hand of players grinding 150+ runs to find the master weapon they want. Given a learning curve, setup time etc that's some where between 200-400 hours which puts it inline with Rank 9. You could say the better players can do it faster, but the same goes for PVP as well. Looking at my home campaign, the top leader boards are several million AP in less than 30 days.

I would say rank 10 but given removal of forward camps and population cap reduction AP/HR is much less than it used to be.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HcVmM4fkhMQjN832mupSNrmtF8SoDxKdF6249b3ceiw/edit#gid=0
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Selfishly I say 8.

But really, 10 is fine. I'm doing OK without it (as long as they don't nerf fear).

Seriosuly though it is taking me about as much time to go from 8 to 9 as it did to go from 1 to 8. The separation of competitive guilds among multiple campaigns I think hurts the Alliance grind.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rank 5 so people can get it by rolling alts.

Rank 10 if ZoS decides to combine all your AP into a single account and assign ranks that way.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Rojnaar
    Rojnaar
    ✭✭✭
    10 (as it is now)
    You gotta put in the time to get the best skills. Vigor should stay with those who put the most in to get it.
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets make everyone pvp rank 45 get a 10000k aoe dmg non reflectable nuke. They deserve it, after all they farmed AP for a long time. Everyone else can just play another game :-)
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or we can make CC break unlock at pvp rank 10. They deserve to own everyone else after grinding that much AP. Screw balance!
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Going to have to change my vote to at least 7 or 8. I just hit Alliance Rank 5 in a week of PvP on my NB. Too soon for such a powerful ability.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can't wait to see everyone running around with golden showers of decent healing at rank 5. So they can nerf the skill out of fear and confusion, and everyone forgets about it.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you want the skill nerfed rank 5, otherwise rank 10
    Because I can!
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    10 (as it is now)
    10. Keep that out of BWB, pretty much the only reason. However, in most cases in non vet alliance rank 8 would also achieve that goal.
    First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
    Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
    Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
    Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assult/Support rank 5 takes 300k AP. Anyone who is voting five is either lazy, a casual, or is misinformed. Currently it takes over 6Mil+ AP which is a long ass grind, Half of that (3million) or even a third of that (2million) would be more reasonable. I earned over 350k+ AP on saturday, just join a raid with a guild or with some friends. There should be an incentive in PvP and I think alliance rank 8 or 9 is a good grind that doesn't take to long and isn't to short. MMOs are boring without a grind, and I don't think people should have a skill handed to them just because they whined for it.
  • Planchard
    Planchard
    ✭✭
    I think 8 or 9 would be a good rank for Vigor. I recently got my DK to VR14 and I've leveled him up mainly through PvP(even VR1-14 was mostly PvP) and he's currently 1/3 into Rank 8. I think I have about 17-18 total days played on him so far.

I hit AR10 on my templar a few weeks after returning to the game in January so I know the grind can feel very tedious. Making vigor AR8 or 9 would alleviate some of that grind but also make it feel like you earned something.
    Planchard - V14 Templar Healer DC Rank 24 (Retired)
    Leggo Mayne- V16 Stamina DK DC Rank 27

MEGA BEST FRIENDS!
    Nemesis

PSN- UGotPlanchard
    Alliance- DC
  • Cthalion
    Cthalion
    ✭✭✭
    10 (as it is now)
    Leave it at 10 please. It gave a sense of accomplishment when I finally unlocked it.

I'm reasoning also that if it is available at low rank, so many people will be spamming it, and thus it will nerfed and/made worthless.

I will liken it to Dark Age of Camelot, if anyone is familiar with that game. Yes realm rank 10+ guys were powerful, but it took a while to get there. A sense of longterm accomplishment helps keep players in the game.
    Edited by Cthalion on May 12, 2015 2:16PM
    Kosmoko.
    Stamina NB since 4-4-14.
  • Folkb
    Folkb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rank5, anything else is silly. Want to feel accomplished? Get a life.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Assult/Support rank 5 takes 300k AP. Anyone who is voting five is either lazy, a casual, or is misinformed.

Or competitive. You forgot the word competitive.

Your advantage should be between the chair and keyboard.

Go ahead and high five yourself for that close win against the newbie casual where you spammed vigor. You earned it.

• theweakminded
    theweakminded
    ✭✭✭
    Not having the build you desire I a bit of an issue for simply playing the game. Voted 6, fine with 7, but I also play casually. I do RP, I play other games with friends, and I have this really weird thing called life to deal with. I would prefer to see strong passive for ranking up as opposed to skills themselves. You can play as you want without passives to a large extent, not without skills.

For those compring gear to skills, gear rarely prevents playstyle. No procs without monster sets sucks. Less tats with limited set out of crafting, loveable. No heal (or shields? Death in pvp.
  • Most_Awesome
    Most_Awesome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give me Vigor now, then raise the goal to Alliance rank 40 so I too can look down at these peasants begging for skills that they need to earn!!!
  • wanderlustx5
    I say 7 or 8, mainly because i pvp on all 3 of my toons, either make the alliance rank account wide like champion points or lower the required rank as if you add up the total points of my 3 toons im colonial rank...
    Wanderlust: vr14 DK
    Wanderlust Mender vr14 Templar
    Wanderlust Ninja vr14 NB
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many seem to be needing this. My second best option is rank 10. I chose rank 7 to make room for new rank 10 skill. There must be some incentive to rank 10. We all know many players who have gotten well past this goal so it isn´t impossible. The reward should be worth it. PvP isn´t that rewarding except the flavour of the month AP gear and top 2% rewards.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vigor should be changed so that:

1. It unlocks before Rank 10. Honestly, this rewards people that exploited early on to get lots of AP.

2. It should be a self-only Heal, not an uncapped AoE heal.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    this rewards people that exploited early on to get lots of AP.

lol

rip decibel
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vigor should be changed so that:

1. It unlocks before Rank 10. Honestly, this rewards people that exploited early on to get lots of AP.

2. It should be a self-only Heal, not an uncapped AoE heal.

Like this it's perfect.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU