The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Optimal alliance rank for Vigor (poll)

Detector
Detector
✭✭✭✭
Edited by Detector on May 2, 2015 3:33PM

Optimal alliance rank for Vigor (poll) 183 votes

21%
EzarethGilvothThatNeonZebraAgainxxslam48xxb14_ESOkoettyZsymonJar_EkOlympiosAnath_QreActor1ChillicNhs1982rwb17_ESOForTheRealmZAMOLXISslowassferrariub17_ESOShunraviWingtengrikimbohTerrorTAW 40 votes
6%
Erock25IllumousAngersRevengeSublimeMost_Awesomepetr.komogortseveb17_ESOKaaldeinMinscolsborgLeytheweakmindedSpangla 12 votes
11%
Rook_MasterLtCrunchcschwingeb14_ESOglakSentinelSnowballer23hammayolettuceMarsgodofwardavid.haypreub18_ESObooksmcreadAaronLawrenceCodyPsilentToRelaxFfastylMinnesingerDerraTheElementalPlatypusCN_DanielWhyn Aurum 21 votes
26%
MorHawkSolarikenbgoldbeck21_ESOjnjdun_ESOSythiasJaidenVesirJitterbugSeptimus_MagnaLilChihuahuaDredlordOughashAenlirSotha_SilDyridejelliedsoupkaravelovo.bgeb17_ESOPudinThatHappyCatmertusta 49 votes
6%
cozmon3c_ESOTankqullWycksBeldorrNonamesbutmineub17_ESOSeriVissagitterPancake-TragedySurprisedFour91OdinForge 11 votes
10 (as it is now)
27%
TintinabulaAlomarNivzruo_ESOSinfulSoulSaint_JiubB14_ESOPerphectionRylanaXaelpjwb16_ESOKaslolo_01b16_ESOMawhonic1990Lava_CroftAproditeRojnaarsput4ueb17_ESOStillianHellingerLorkhanBahalul 50 votes
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, yeah I get that ppl who already have it would try anything to make sure it stays "exclusive" as long as possible.

If I could I would vote rank 1... for every support/assault skill.
    Balance is already screwed over big time for non V14/champion 200+ toons, no need to introduce or enforce even more barriers.
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 (as it is now)
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. PvPers have to grind PvE to get decent gear, CP etc. PvErs should have to grind PvP as well. Secondly, vigor is a very strong skill. Trains are already using it to their advantage. Unlock it at rank 5 and give it to everyone (and it really is everyone as rank 5 is so easy to get, and you are simply aggravating the "train" issue and also making perma dodge rolling NBs even harder to kill. It's a really bad idea to make it any lower.
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    10 is WAY to high. I've been playing PvP with my VR14 for 9 months and I still do not have vigor.

7 still requires a lot of work, but is not an un-realistic goal
  • jnjdun_ESO
    jnjdun_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    8 would be good as that requires a commitment to PvP without making you feel the overpowering need to find the fastest ways to farm AP.

5 is probably too low (even though my alts would dig it)
    Giggle Purrz'Pantz Khajiit Templar
    Fuzzy Jenna'Tullz Khajiit DK
    Eileen U'Lickette Bosmer Sorc
    Ginny Fleasly Khajiit NB
    Jenny Tull'Whortz Bosmer baby NB
  • Detector
    Detector
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hm... 70% of people think about the reduction of rank for Vigor. What ZOS think about this?
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 (as it is now)
    10 but make it account wide so you dont have to grind AP for months if you make an alt.
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sth between 8-10 so i voted 9
    at 5 it´ll be nerfed into the ground very soon as i makes pve absolutly effortless.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Cagro
    Cagro
    ✭✭✭
    1 - 4 Not an option?
  • Germtrocity
    Germtrocity
    ✭✭✭✭
    8 really isn't hard to get at all, got a character up to major in about 3 weeks just solo/duo roaming.
  • jmoore59
    jmoore59
    ✭✭
    Hmm I think people confuse pvp rank with skill line rank.

6-7 skill line would be fine. That's about pvp rank 14-16
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 (as it is now)
    Cody wrote: »
    10 is WAY to high. I've been playing PvP with my VR14 for 9 months and I still do not have vigor.

9 months and no vigor? hmmm

Yet you have over 5k forum posts...
    I wonder what you are doing wrong *sarcasm* :wink:
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The optimal Alliance rank for Vigor is ZERO, because it really should have been in the Fighter's Guild skill line to begin with, probably in place of that useless "Trap Beast" spell.

The only skills in ESO that should be locked behind a godawful Horse Simulator grind are skills that have effects that are only relevant in PvP. The Continuous Attack passive is a good example of this.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xael wrote: »

9 months and no vigor? hmmm

Yet you have over 5k forum posts...
    I wonder what you are doing wrong *sarcasm* :wink:

trust me, I have done quite a bit of PvP. Honestly way too much before I started taking these AP classes. in fact for 3 solid months I PvPed for close to 10-14 hours a day. I ussually made forum posts at about midnight or 1-2AM, after I was done for the day.

and yes, i know you were being sarcastic:D
    Edited by Cody on May 4, 2015 12:30AM
  • PeggymoeXD
    PeggymoeXD
    ✭✭✭✭
    10 (as it is now)
    tengri wrote: »
    Yeah, yeah I get that ppl who already have it would try anything to make sure it stays "exclusive" as long as possible.

If I could I would vote rank 1... for every support/assault skill.
    Balance is already screwed over big time for non V14/champion 200+ toons, no need to introduce or enforce even more barriers.

I don't have it yet, but I have been grinding AP as often as possible. So for the level to be lowered after myself and everyone else who is or has worked towards it already would make us all feel pretty ripped off.
    Kitty DK

Vanguärd
    Învictus
    Sun's Death
    EPHS

- Peggy Moe - Look Mom No Emp Buff - Chalman - Linda the Zookeeper -
  • PeggymoeXD
    PeggymoeXD
    ✭✭✭✭
    10 (as it is now)

lol because 3 more levels is unrealistic of course
    Kitty DK

Vanguärd
    Învictus
    Sun's Death
    EPHS

- Peggy Moe - Look Mom No Emp Buff - Chalman - Linda the Zookeeper -
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PeggymoeXD wrote: »

it is unrealistic for me. it will take me another 6 months MINIMUM to get it, and I simply do not have that time on my hands anymore.

I have PvPed for over 9 months, I should have this ability. Call me entitled or whatever you want.
    Edited by Cody on May 4, 2015 12:52AM
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 (as it is now)

it is unrealistic for me. it will take me another 6 months MINIMUM to get it, and I simply do not have that time on my hands anymore.

I have PvPed for over 9 months, I should have this ability. Call me entitled or whatever you want.

I don't know how you can "PvP for 9 months" and not rank up. No offense but if you spent as much time farming AP as you do reading posts, responding to posts, and creating threads, you would be 30+. I am not trying to be an ass, just sayin'. Especially if you were doing 12 hours a day... I mean jeez, that's more than I was doing. There seems to be some major disconnect here...
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
  • Sentinel
    Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I vote for it to be at rank 7 if it is also toned down a bit. Toned down meaning, the values are the same but do not apply an AOE heal, only a players own heal. Perhaps one morph could be an AoE heal that is then also toned down, but the base should for the player only if it is to be worth its rank.

In addition, I also hope they may open up other options for stamina builds to survive with heals and etc. as the only main stamina heals in the game are within the 2h tree and with Vigor, effectively pigeonholing any who do not work with/to either of these into these playstyles. If there were more options for people running about with just DW and such, it may allow for more build diversity.
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because the time you spend getting AP from rank 1 to 7 is shorter than what is required from rank 7 to 10.
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xael wrote: »

I don't know how you can "PvP for 9 months" and not rank up. No offense but if you spent as much time farming AP as you do reading posts, responding to posts, and creating threads, you would be 30+. I am not trying to be an ass, just sayin'. Especially if you were doing 12 hours a day... I mean jeez, that's more than I was doing. There seems to be some major disconnect here...

ah, but there is the catch... i did not spend time farming AP. I spent time PvPing......

so the fact I cant get the skill unless I spend 3-5 months doing nothing but farming AP is bad. Last I checked, I bought this game to PvP, not farm AP.
    Edited by Cody on May 6, 2015 11:29AM
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I feel like 8 is a good number.
    No logical reason why, though...
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 (as it is now)
    i bet vigor will not be the same when they change the alliance rank needed to get it. they will nerf it to the ground.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    10 (as it is now)
    Get out of here with your ideas of having worthwhile rewards for playing PvP!
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    10 (as it is now)
    10, not needed to be discussed.
    Everyone wants everything as fast as possible.. Do something for a strong skill!
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lorkhan wrote: »
    i bet vigor will not be the same when they change the alliance rank needed to get it. they will nerf it to the ground.

And then it will be even more useless, people will just continue to use rally from 2H. People seriously overbluff its capabilities, it's so lack luster compared to the reliable burst you get from rally. It heals a lot when I'm doing PvE content, but i never notice it.
    Edited by OdinForge on May 6, 2015 1:20PM
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rank 10 is like the top 10% of pvpers. Im pretty sure their is even really good pvpers that don't have that much rank. Really though the only reason I feel it needs to be lower is its pretty essential for a good stamina build. Rally is just really inadequate to deal with the extreme burst. To me it feels like if sorcs had there shield at the end of the alliance war tree, thats kinda bs right? If you all want something to work towards as a pvp goal ask zenimax for unique costumes or mounts, why do you want to gate a really good move behind an epic grind? Fearful of competition? Come on dont be like that.

We all know roll is going to get some sort of nerf,so its really going to be even more important for a stamina build.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The optimal rank for Vigor is Rank 10... of the Fighters' Guild line!

Considering how long PvE players have been begging for stamina heals, this should have been made readily accessible to ALL from day one. Leveling FG only takes a few days, if that much.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rank 10 seems high.
    Rank 10= Alliance rank 24= 6,918,400 total AP earned

However rank 5 seems far too low.
    Rank 5= Alliance rank 9 = 326,400 total AP earned

Vigor is a strong skill and I think it should be earned. This gives reward to higher ranked pvpers and gives incentive to lower ones. With the unlock somewhere around rank 8 or 9 this means people still must spend a good deal of time in pvp to have it. It just isn't as discouraging as having it @ rank 10.

However, if the unlock of vigor does drop to lower level, I really think rank 10's should have some other incentive or great skill exclusive to them. It sets a poor precedent to just lower the unlock level and not give those who have already achieved rank 10 any consolation.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • BIackHand
    BIackHand
    ✭✭✭
    10 (as it is now)
    mimimimimimimimmi
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rank 10 is like the top 10% of pvpers. Im pretty sure their is even really good pvpers that don't have that much rank. Really though the only reason I feel it needs to be lower is its pretty essential for a good stamina build. Rally is just really inadequate to deal with the extreme burst. To me it feels like if sorcs had there shield at the end of the alliance war tree, thats kinda bs right? If you all want something to work towards as a pvp goal ask zenimax for unique costumes or mounts, why do you want to gate a really good move behind an epic grind? Fearful of competition? Come on dont be like that.

We all know roll is going to get some sort of nerf,so its really going to be even more important for a stamina build.

I have done 9 months of solid PvP and still do not have vigor:(

i do not mean AP farming, I mean PvP. this game has developed into too much of a grind imo. not saying there should not be grinding... but if i dont have the skill after 9 months of PvP, something is up

Perhaps I just sucked horrendously... but still.

P.S. I always made forum posts either at midnight or very close to midnight, so I was not posting for 7 hours then PVPing for 3. I PvPed for at least 10-12 hours a day, THEN made forum posts.
    Edited by Cody on May 8, 2015 1:11AM