The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase, May 1st, 2015"

• Runhent
    Runhent
    ✭✭✭
    New guar! Time to expand my stables!
    Gilryne Telvanni, at your service.
    EU | Ebonheart Pact | ElderScrolls.Net & RuESO
  • Cry_Wolfe
    Cry_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    I was going to make a post suggesting CS store stuff is overpriced and mostly carpal tunnel. That stuff like character face/body or Hairstyle or both tokens would be a good repeatable revenue source instead(assuming they arent overpriced).

then i realised i probably really don't give a damn. [snip]

its taken a year, but i've gone from being angry about stuff, to just being 'meh' about it. yaay gogo ZO, way to develop your players sense of ownership!

ps: yeh i realise i am only one person, but then..... i have hopes (in other games/developers :P)... my senche is nice, even if i took 6 months off because of the crap launch.. i left my sub going out of pity :P... [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 12, 2023 7:52PM
  • m12d12_ESO
    m12d12_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have been hoping we would get the FOX - Love it. It's so cute. Also, would like to see a Baby (Orphan) Wasp at some point- they looked so lonely in game (following us around ( after we slaughtered their family even!). :'(
    Accts
    mdzone5 cp 1051
    fragtaster cp 684
    lilly65 cp 652
    Almalexia 212
  • Cry_Wolfe
    Cry_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    Bouvin wrote: »
    Apparently costumes, mounts and pets are making ZoS millions. So much that it's going to fuel the most amazing content development ever seen in an MMO.

So never mind putting things in the cash shop that people would actually like to see, like bank space, bag space, or god forbid DLC.

don't forget character slots, hair style changes, face/body tweaks, race changes. You know.. stuff that people will purchase ... more than once :pensive:

edit: assuming it doesnt cost a years sub or the box price of the game (which ever is higher) :P
    Edited by Cry_Wolfe on May 1, 2015 10:51PM
  • m12d12_ESO
    m12d12_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ZEN PLEASE --- No Cheat Items. Anything that ups AP or XP is considered a cheat item in my book and most players I talk to don't want that. No different that running an exploit to get a heads up. It also says to the rest of us, that work hard to squeeze in time for this game --- "If u got cash u can pay to win". I don't have XTRA cash to pay to cheat. I pay for my monthly subscription I shouldn't have to pay more to try and be competitive with a wealthier person.
    Accts
    mdzone5 cp 1051
    fragtaster cp 684
    lilly65 cp 652
    Almalexia 212
  • Beowulf_McCallum
    Beowulf_McCallum
    ✭✭✭
    Drazhar14 wrote: »
    "Nothing says 'Stop right there, criminal scum!' like the uniform of the Mournhold Ordinator".

I have to disagree. The Imperial Guard armor from TES IV says that better.
    true.

Ordinator armor practically SCREAMS 'We're watching you.....scum'
  • Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be clear, I was talking about a dire wolf pet. But a mount as well would be cool.

Were I a gambling man, I would bet that the majority of players for this game watch Game of Thrones.

An IP free pet such as a White Dire Wolf would be a big seller. Which is the bigger franchise, The Walking Dead or Game of Thrones? Hard call. Either could start selling their own brand of toilet tissue and make even more money.

Since this is a high fantasy game, and people who like high fantasy like to buy things related to high fantasy, why not cater to your built in demographic and give them something they are already familiar with and would desire?

Would sell a lot more in a week than that fox will till the day the game shuts down.

The problem with arguing with a jackass is that they never stop braying.
    #DwemerLife
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does the fox say?
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • Adramelach
    Adramelach
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah... well, I have no use for any of that stuff, really... my white horse suits me just fine, and I have a few pets knocking around in my inventory already if I choose to have something follow me around.

I agree with Mercutio; my crowns are being saved for things that impart some kind of actual value. I used my first 700 crowns on a respec, and that was a great use of them. The others will sit, I guess, until I need another respec or until something shows up in the shop that's actually worth something.

For those that think it's great to have yet another pet or mount - would you just keep buying them up, endlessly? I'm not being facetious - I'm actually wondering if there's a market for, say a dozen different guars, one released each month, that vary in something like eye color. Or if they really could sell literally a dozen or two breeds of dogs to the same players. Does the demand for another "cute" pet just keep going as long as they can keep turning them out? Or, eventually, would that finally saturate? I was stunned to see yet another Guar mount, and another horse - I would have bet money that "enough" of those had been released that no one would have any interest in buying yet another one.
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay more people complaining about the Crown Store.

They should focus on on fixing pvp.

-Hmm... I thought we had about three incremental patches for pvp and they have stated they are still focusing on it.

They should work on getting us a barber shop, extra bank slots,character slots, Name changer, race change and storage space. You know more meaning full stuff that would make more money.

-Hmm... Seems like a lot of stuff that can easily be abuse in game and would take a lot of code to implement. There would be a lot problems if this was implemented to fast.

They should of focus on getting new content out Zos is abandoning us pc players for console.

Hmm-- consoles was to be launch a year ago. It took about 7 months before anybody knew that the consoles existed i bet console players felt abandoned. No this does not matter, PC players have been paying a subscription for a year just to have no content but I thought PC players got a chance to play the game on their favorite medium and got 6 big updates of content for their hard earn cash.

Now they do not even have to spend money but they expect content even though Zos clearly stated they want the game to breathe and will not have new content because they are focusing on getting the consoles out.They finally focusing on getting consoles out when it has been a year and a couple of months that console players have been waiting. This does not mater Pc players have been playing and paying for a beta for the console launch they have been holding out content from us. We been waiting for about 5 months for content. Last time I check update 6 came out in March. So Pc players have been waiting about 2 months plus having routine updates for weeks. Does not seem like they have been abandoned.

Well I cannot wait to see what Zos is going pull out of there bag after consoles release.
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ley wrote: »
    What does the fox say?

I see what you did there...
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    9efdf4893454af8a9dee104dbbed87b6.jpg

3 almost identical designs with only different colors.
    Does this mean we'll never get dye-able costumes @ZOS_JasonLeavey ?
    Wololo.
  • Kronosphere
    Kronosphere
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drazhar14 wrote: »
    "Nothing says 'Stop right there, criminal scum!' like the uniform of the Mournhold Ordinator".

I have to disagree. The Imperial Guard armor from TES IV says that better.

I picked up on that too. I wish the person who wrote that was a fan of the games this is BASED on holy crap..

ahwells=P besides the point im keen! the horse mount seems rather lackluster unless ive missed something?
    ~House Indoril~
    Submit to the three, the spirits and thy lords.

• sirston
    sirston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would pay crowns for in game fix's
    Whitestakes Revenge
    WoodElf Mag-Warden
    Sirston
    Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
    Pride Of The Pact
    Vehemence
    The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors
  • Tanaka_Khan
    Tanaka_Khan
    ✭✭✭
    Horse - Very similar to the Bay Dun thanks anyway

It's the Palomino horse that was released for $15 back in the day.
    Besides that I love the idea of new Crown store content every month!!
  • cromahn
    cromahn
    ✭✭
    Do we have a release day?
  • Cry_Wolfe
    Cry_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    Yay more people complaining about the Crown Store.

They should focus on on fixing pvp.

-Hmm... I thought we had about three incremental patches for pvp and they have stated they are still focusing on it.

They should work on getting us a barber shop, extra bank slots,character slots, Name changer, race change and storage space. You know more meaning full stuff that would make more money.

-Hmm... Seems like a lot of stuff that can easily be abuse in game and would take a lot of code to implement. There would be a lot problems if this was implemented to fast.

They should of focus on getting new content out Zos is abandoning us pc players for console.

Hmm-- consoles was to be launch a year ago. It took about 7 months before anybody knew that the consoles existed i bet console players felt abandoned. No this does not matter, PC players have been paying a subscription for a year just to have no content but I thought PC players got a chance to play the game on their favorite medium and got 6 big updates of content for their hard earn cash.

Now they do not even have to spend money but they expect content even though Zos clearly stated they want the game to breathe and will not have new content because they are focusing on getting the consoles out.They finally focusing on getting consoles out when it has been a year and a couple of months that console players have been waiting. This does not mater Pc players have been playing and paying for a beta for the console launch they have been holding out content from us. We been waiting for about 5 months for content. Last time I check update 6 came out in March. So Pc players have been waiting about 2 months plus having routine updates for weeks. Does not seem like they have been abandoned.

Well I cannot wait to see what Zos is going pull out of there bag after consoles release.

I'M still paying the sub, and I am okay with a stall in content, if it means ZoS can get back on track. I do however think that CS content is over priced, I could buy another game for what the dwemer set costs, yeah I know the full set is the rarest item in game...(and though i am not suggesting that ZoS CS is P2W) this is how the P2W cash shops manipulate their player base..

Give an item a 0.00001% drop rate And offer it as an over priced item in cash shop.

I'm torn over wanting ZoS to rally ESO, and wanting to slap the Head of the Cash Shop department for regarding the player base so flippantly.

Free to Play game developer mentality is slowly killing off the gaming industry.
  • Julianos
    Julianos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MehmetCan wrote: »
    We want camel mounts.
    We know they'll be available sooner or later.
    So, please make them available soon ^^,
    Tan, white & brown color selections might be a good start.

yes camels ! camels everywhere ! lol

• charlmgn
    charlmgn
    ✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Still waiting for the Green Narsis Guar.

It's ok... just take your current guar to the dye shop, or alternatively, adjust the color balance of your monitor... you'll get much the same effect of the current re-skins. ;-)
  • charlmgn
    charlmgn
    ✭✭✭
    maryriv wrote: »
    Fox - SOLD
    Ordinator Pack - SOLD

Guar - bit repetitive one guar is enough for me
    Horse - Very similar to the Bay Dun thanks anyway

A wolf mount would be pretty righteous but wouldn't that be lore breaking as all get out, cats is too frankly. Why was it never written about in history that you could right cats? None of the previous TES cames could you ride cats!

If they stuck to just the things that all the previous games did, it wouldn't be a new game. None of the previous games were MMOs. The backstory and plot have grown and morphed as the series has developed. It's not like there was a set storyline from the beginning and everything else has just followed that blindly. Learn to accept that and your enjoyment of future installments will increase.
    Edited by charlmgn on May 2, 2015 6:05AM
  • JNight
    JNight
    another guar and ugly horse? where's the damn clouded senche? ;'(
    love that little fox though.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    m12d12_ESO wrote: »
    ZEN PLEASE --- No Cheat Items. Anything that ups AP or XP is considered a cheat item in my book and most players I talk to don't want that. No different that running an exploit to get a heads up. It also says to the rest of us, that work hard to squeeze in time for this game --- "If u got cash u can pay to win". I don't have XTRA cash to pay to cheat. I pay for my monthly subscription I shouldn't have to pay more to try and be competitive with a wealthier person.

You can use the crowns from your sub to buy XP pots. Problem solved.
  • Cry_Wolfe
    Cry_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    pysta wrote: »
    OMG Thank you so much for telling us in "ADVANCE" so we can manage our budget accordingly! You guys are awesome for doing that! <3

If I can say one thing though about all the dog pets in the game... they are all missing their teeth except the "Alikr Dune Hound" and the jaw is flat like a tongue it look very cheap "sorry for saying it >-<". Would love to see them with a real jaw and teeth.

ONz8YqA.jpg

Poor dogs :S

[snip]

Sit back and watch how the dogs run as they pass you by, its like watching a flip pad animation with only two cells.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 12, 2023 7:54PM
  • Winterstrife
    Winterstrife
    ✭✭✭
    That Fox + Ordinator Pack = take my money

Gonna have to say no to the mounts, reskins just makes this one feels really... sad...
    Edited by Winterstrife on May 2, 2015 8:48AM
    "Three voices as one shouted BLOOD FOR THE PACT!" - Three Hearts As One by Malukah
    S'trife | VR14 | Khajiit Nightblade | Ebonheart Pact
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    meh
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jus tell us WHEN
  • Sandmanninja
    Sandmanninja
    ✭✭✭✭
    They did! n the Facebook page!
    New items are coming to the Crown Store on May 7th

:)
    Edited by Sandmanninja on May 2, 2015 3:19PM
    [Hard Mode Dungeoneers] is recruiting all players of all levels for this new Guild.
    THIS IS A NEW-BUT-GROWING GUILD. We are focused on doing vet pledges, vet dungeons, getting achieves, & doing hard mode bosses.
    Most active GMT+10 (Australia time zone) in the afternoon Mon-Fri and all day Sat/Sun.
    Pst/email for info/invites.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm little disappointed...i don't think anyone going to be ZOMG! over the giar and horse. The costumes look cool, I glad they did three different versions, but....what about priest robes? Or ANY light armor for human races? Most of the costumes are based on stupid elves....also, what the HELL is with the stupid draugr polymorph? Does that mean ill never see the draugrs heritage set in a costume? Cause that is the slickest set...that I can't wear because it sucks...
  • warpax_ESO
    warpax_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    you guys are really gonna have to go big and grand with the costumes for me to be interested in buying them. If they arent Unique and awesome and not just recycled regular armor then i prefer to stick with being able to dye my armor. can you add a way to dye costumes , maybe?
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They did! n the Facebook page!
    New items are coming to the Crown Store on May 7th

:)

HURRAA. Thx @Sandmanninja. I waited ordinator armor for so long
    Edited by Cinbri on May 2, 2015 4:03PM