Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PS3'4 controllers with computers in eso

Dwermer
Dwermer
Hi
Does any one use a ps3 or 4 controller with their computer when playing eso?
I ask on behalf of a friend, who is thinking of joining the game, but does not want to use the keyboard and mouse option, if possible
thanks
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no real support for controllers in the PC-version of ESO. It is possible to use 3th party programs to keybind controller-functions to keyboard-commands and play like that. Most of them are for Xbox controllers who allready have support in pc's using windows. It might be better for him to wait a bit.
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    We would like to add controller support to the PC version of the game, and in fact, we're in the early phases of testing it internally. That said, we don't anticipate that this feature will be added to the PC build until after the game releases on consoles on June 9th.

They are working on official controller support in the pc-version.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • LariahHunding
    LariahHunding
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use PS4 Controller and Pinnacle Game Profiler.
    "Give a man a sweet roll, he only has one to steal. Give him a sweet roll recipe, he have bunches to steal."

• Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a program called Better DS3 that allows you to set up a PS3 controller for PC gaming. Searching for it should yield several sites with instructions on how to install/set up and likely contain a link for the software too. Once set up, it's fire-and-forget so a pretty easy to use program (after setting up a controller profile).
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • Dwermer
    Dwermer
    hi all
    thanks for feedback
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dwermer wrote: »
    Hi
    Does any one use a ps3 or 4 controller with their computer when playing eso?
    I ask on behalf of a friend, who is thinking of joining the game, but does not want to use the keyboard and mouse option, if possible
    thanks

Yes. Using Xpadder. Was pretty easy to setup. Costs $10 tho.
  • Dwermer
    Dwermer
    Hi
    What about using the X box 360 controller on a pc...does anyone use this?
    thanks
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi
    thanks

Since Windows is developed by Microsoft, many PC games natively support the Xbox 360 controller, and with a little digging you can use the controller instead of a keyboard&mouse for internet browsing too. This also makes it the default controller for things like Xpadder. Better DS3, the program I mentioned above, converts PS3 Controller input to Xbox 360 controller input or keyboard&mouse input so the game can interpret your button presses.

ESO requires keyboard&mouse input since it does not support controllers [yet], so set up an appropriate profile with the software of your choice.
    Edited by Ffastyl on May 2, 2015 2:31PM
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • kodo
    kodo
    ✭✭
    pinnacle + xbox360 wireless controller ,that's the only way i ever played the game.
    Edited by kodo on May 3, 2015 6:42PM
  • kodo
    kodo
    ✭✭
    Hi
    thanks

i use it .but if u plan to ,than make sure to get MS original adapter ,much better than the other fakes that cost less but not so good.
  • DirtyLarry
    DirtyLarry
    Soul Shriven
    kodo wrote: »
    pinnacle + xbox360 wireless controller ,that's the only way i ever played the game.

Can you share your profile?
  • c.p.garrett1993_ESO
    I use Pinnacle plus DS4.
    I have a profile I could share as well, if needed?