Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

PvP Class Balance Analysis as of 2.0.7

• Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭
    iseko wrote: »
    Sublime wrote: »
    ToRelax wrote: »
    The changes to Sorc and Templar were actually meant to keep the gape to NB/DK - I wouldn't give Templar 1 without that change as they have Channeled Focus and Repentence.

However, the highest regen you can get right now is with AoE + Siphoning Attacks, especially Caltrops, that's why. If you build for tanking - Sap Tank - or even a Steel Tornado spammer, you get more resources the more players stand in your AoE. Basically, all classes got their abilities to manage resources inmidst an enemy zerg nerfed with 1.6, but NBs can do with Caltrops and the new Soul Tether just fine instead.

Now I see what you meant with the enemy scaling ressource regeneration.

The reason I gave Templars a 1 is because Channeled Focus Returns very few ressources (I think it's actually weaker than Restoring Aura) and even though Repentance is awesome if you manage to kill somebody until you do the 10% bonus just doesn't cut it, meaning you're basically stuck with nothing until you get a kill.

Concerning the changes to DK I'm not sure, because i still think Battle Roar can be very strong and the percent Max Stamina Bonus of Helping Hands synergizes really nicely with a Dragonknights tanky nature. However, I also see that the Regeneration provided by the SA+AOE combo can be insane and actually really boosts their tankiness.

Regarding Soul Thether, I thought they only added thethers to all targets in the AOE increasing the HP leech, but in what way does that affect Ressource Management?

I thought so too. I tried it on my temp and holy *** was I wrong... 1) you do NOT have to be in the rune for it too work. Out of the rune you still get the return. At max lvl (the skill) Its about 250 magicka per second. That is another 500 magicka regen for free.

I run with 1300 magicka regen on my temp. Which is on the low side yes BUT I am wearing 2 heavy. I have 1600 spell dmg unbuffed. 26k health (some nice blazing shield stuff right there with CP in bastion) and 20k magicka.

Now with only 20k magicka and 1300 regen you would think I run out of magicka fast right. Wrong.
    1) I use full warlock so that helps
    2) channeled focus.
    3) pots

The combination of 2 and 3 reloads ure magicka so bloody fast... If I activate those two and spam BoL my magicka pool is still going up. Channeled focus is a pretty awesome skill to be using in terms of resource management. It costs next to nothing and it allows you to dump points into other stats. With the combination of proper skill rotation (not just spamming high cost spells), the use of selective dodges and blocks I've got near infinite magicka using this skill. Just got to keep it up as much as u can. So every 8 seconds -> channeled focus. It also gives a nice resist buff (5k). With 2 heavy that gives me 29% damage mitigation (not taking into account enemy player penetration stats offcourse).

So I can get higher spell damage, higher health and some extra armor by sacrificing both magicka and magicka regen. Channeled focus helps me fill the gap on the latter making temps some pretty nice all rounders.

Added bonus: mist reduces magicka regen to 0. Technically channeled focus is not increasing magicka regen directly. Just returning magicka at a steady rate. So it works while in mist form. --> mist is a free skill for temps.

Very interesting, so what it basically does it gives a 50% (1000 base regen) to 25% (2000 base regen) bonus Magicka Regeneration, and since it's so cheap it benefits tanks really nicely, which fits the Templar perfectly. Apart from that, the fact that it also works in Mist Form is really useful, especially since it's such an important diesnage.
    Edited by Sublime on May 2, 2015 1:54PM
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be just able to heal is more important for me that having the highest possible magicka regen.
    That is why on top of all I need hard-CC defense in form of Immovable pots AND my heavy armor skill. Channeled focus buffs only for 8 seconds, so it has to be includes in a "very tight and highly optimized" rotation of skills, which are: Immovable, Blazing shield, Heal, Heal (in between heavy attacks) and so forth.

Any mediocre PvP player will put CC on you (when they spot the healer) and the situations where you need CC-immunity are infinte in Cyrondil. The damage numbers are SO high that you must be able to react instantly (heal), otherwise the player gets killed after you notice his HP drop.

"Breaking free" (+animation, +lag) and immediately healing afterwards TAKES too much time and is no option for me in the most important situations. Channeled focus is one of this abilities that share a spot on my skill bar with Immovable but Immovable is by far more important to me than channeled focus!

In surplus, If you just look at those two "defensive" abilities, they share the same armor-buff. Making it unattractive to combine them. That is why I prefer to have Immovable on both bars, instead of 1 channeled focus..!

So, what is more important to me as a healer is IMMOVABLE (despite the nurf). If you need magicka regen you should always pick the relative Mundus Stone first and then think about channeled focus.
    I like the skill but im PvP I'd pick Immovable anytimes cause I prefer beeing "free" instead of just having full mana all the time, btw. 1000+ magicka regen (in battle) is sufficient if combined with heavy attacks. (extended stats addon)

True but the CC immunity of immovable is so bloody short. The animation itself takes up a large chunk of the immunity. You're better off using CC immunity pots. They last 3 times as long. To each his own but untill the cc immunity off immovable gets buffed, I no longer have a spot for it on my bar.

You're even better off just using arena set and just CC breaking
    The changes to Sorc and Templar were actually meant to keep the gape to NB/DK - I wouldn't give Templar 1 without that change as they have Channeled Focus and Repentence.

However, the highest regen you can get right now is with AoE + Siphoning Attacks, especially Caltrops, that's why. If you build for tanking - Sap Tank - or even a Steel Tornado spammer, you get more resources the more players stand in your AoE. Basically, all classes got their abilities to manage resources inmidst an enemy zerg nerfed with 1.6, but NBs can do with Caltrops and the new Soul Tether just fine instead.

The reason I gave Templars a 1 is because Channeled Focus Returns very few ressources (I think it's actually weaker than Restoring Aura) and even though Repentance is awesome if you manage to kill somebody until you do the 10% bonus just doesn't cut it, meaning you're basically stuck with nothing until you get a kill.

Concerning the changes to DK I'm not sure, because i still think Battle Roar can be very strong and the percent Max Stamina Bonus of Helping Hands synergizes really nicely with a Dragonknights tanky nature. However, I also see that the Regeneration provided by the SA+AOE combo can be insane and actually really boosts their tankiness.

Regarding Soul Thether, I thought they only added thethers to all targets in the AOE increasing the HP leech, but in what way does that affect Ressource Management?

I thought so too. I tried it on my temp and holy *** was I wrong... 1) you do NOT have to be in the rune for it too work. Out of the rune you still get the return. At max lvl (the skill) Its about 250 magicka per second. That is another 500 magicka regen for free.

I run with 1300 magicka regen on my temp. Which is on the low side yes BUT I am wearing 2 heavy. I have 1600 spell dmg unbuffed. 26k health (some nice blazing shield stuff right there with CP in bastion) and 20k magicka.

Now with only 20k magicka and 1300 regen you would think I run out of magicka fast right. Wrong.
    2) channeled focus.
    3) pots

The combination of 2 and 3 reloads ure magicka so bloody fast... If I activate those two and spam BoL my magicka pool is still going up. Channeled focus is a pretty awesome skill to be using in terms of resource management. It costs next to nothing and it allows you to dump points into other stats. With the combination of proper skill rotation (not just spamming high cost spells), the use of selective dodges and blocks I've got near infinite magicka using this skill. Just got to keep it up as much as u can. So every 8 seconds -> channeled focus. It also gives a nice resist buff (5k). With 2 heavy that gives me 29% damage mitigation (not taking into account enemy player penetration stats offcourse).

So I can get higher spell damage, higher health and some extra armor by sacrificing both magicka and magicka regen. Channeled focus helps me fill the gap on the latter making temps some pretty nice all rounders.

Added bonus: mist reduces magicka regen to 0. Technically channeled focus is not increasing magicka regen directly. Just returning magicka at a steady rate. So it works while in mist form. --> mist is a free skill for temps.

Very interesting, so what it basically does it gives a 50% (1000 base regen) to 25% (2000 base regen) bonus Magicka Regeneration, and since it's so cheap it benefits tanks really nicely, which fits the Templar perfectly. Apart from that, the fact that it also works in Mist Form is really useful, especially since it's such an important diesnage.

Pretty much sums it up yes.

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good one.

Altho id like to add that stamina nbs have better burst then mag sorcs, or atleast just as good.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Altho id like to add that stamina nbs have better burst then mag sorcs, or atleast just as good.

Why?
    Edited by Sublime on May 2, 2015 2:16PM
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK's burst should be 3, Templar's 4 (radiant), Nightblade 5, Sorcerer 6 (because fragz op).

But CC should be 6 for Nightblade (fear op), 5 for DK (petrify almost as op), 3 for Sorcerer (no one uses streak anymore).

Edited by Pixysticks on May 2, 2015 3:05PM
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pixysticks wrote: »
    DK's burst should be 3, Templar's 4 (radiant), Nightblade 5, Sorcerer 6 (because fragz op).

But CC should be 6 for Nightblade (fear op), 5 for DK (petrify almost as op), 3 for Sorcerer (no one uses streak anymore).

I strongly disagree with your CC rating. Just because you don't use the morph doesn't mean the class has weaker cc.
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I strongly disagree with your CC rating. Just because you don't use the morph doesn't mean the class has weaker cc.

I do use the morph, but maybe 1 in 10 actually use it. Only other CC is from CF, which can be blocked/dodged. I haven't seen someone use encase or rune prison in PvP in probably 2 weeks?
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To be just able to heal is more important for me that having the highest possible magicka regen.
    That is why on top of all I need hard-CC defense in form of Immovable pots AND my heavy armor skill. Channeled focus buffs only for 8 seconds, so it has to be includes in a "very tight and highly optimized" rotation of skills, which are: Immovable, Blazing shield, Heal, Heal (in between heavy attacks) and so forth.

Any mediocre PvP player will put CC on you (when they spot the healer) and the situations where you need CC-immunity are infinte in Cyrondil. The damage numbers are SO high that you must be able to react instantly (heal), otherwise the player gets killed after you notice his HP drop.

"Breaking free" (+animation, +lag) and immediately healing afterwards TAKES too much time and is no option for me in the most important situations. Channeled focus is one of this abilities that share a spot on my skill bar with Immovable but Immovable is by far more important to me than channeled focus!

In surplus, If you just look at those two "defensive" abilities, they share the same armor-buff. Making it unattractive to combine them. That is why I prefer to have Immovable on both bars, instead of 1 channeled focus..!

So, what is more important to me as a healer is IMMOVABLE (despite the nurf). If you need magicka regen you should always pick the relative Mundus Stone first and then think about channeled focus.
    I like the skill but im PvP I'd pick Immovable anytimes cause I prefer beeing "free" instead of just having full mana all the time, btw. 1000+ magicka regen (in battle) is sufficient if combined with heavy attacks. (extended stats addon)

True but the CC immunity of immovable is so bloody short. The animation itself takes up a large chunk of the immunity. You're better off using CC immunity pots. They last 3 times as long. To each his own but untill the cc immunity off immovable gets buffed, I no longer have a spot for it on my bar.

2) channeled focus.
    3) pots

Pretty much sums it up yes.

That's what I was thinking, but I don't have much experience as a templar. So not sure how the Restoring Focus exactly works.
    From the skill description I would think the "magicka regen" buff lasts as long as you stay inside the Rune Focus plus 9 seconds after you leave it. So, is that correct? Will the buff reactivate if you reenter the Rune Focus? And is it possible for it to stay after the Rune Focus expires after 15 seconds?

I do use the morph, but maybe 1 in 10 actually use it. Only other CC is from CF, which can be blocked/dodged. I haven't seen someone use encase or rune prison in PvP in probably 2 weeks?

Well I use Restraining Prison and Defensive Rune. Wouldn't want to trade that for the CC a DK has at his disposal to be honest.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Channeled focus buffs only for 8 seconds, so it has to be included in a "very tight and highly optimized" rotation of skills, which are: Immovable, Blazing shield, Heal, Heal (in between heavy attacks) and so forth. (no place left for a pure magicka-buff skill)

Channeled Focus works like this (I just tested to confirm):

The Circle Lasts for 18 seconds.

The magika regeneration portion lasts the full 18 seconds. You DO NOT need to be in the circle or even near the circle to get the magika regeneration. I ran as far away as I could from the circle and continues to get it for the full 18s. This buff appears to be completely independent of the circle buff.

The Physical mitigation buff lasts for 8 seconds if you step out of the circle, but you can re-step into the circle at any point and get another 8 seconds. The 8 seconds also extends past the life of the circle, so you can get a total of 26 second phys mit buff.

The Spell Resistance buff last for the entire 18 seconds of the circle existance even if you do not step back into it (this is probably a bug). You can however re-step back into the circle and make the buff last for a total of 26s.

So Channeled focus is very good right now.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NB's burst go to 11.
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Channeled focus buffs only for 8 seconds, so it has to be included in a "very tight and highly optimized" rotation of skills, which are: Immovable, Blazing shield, Heal, Heal (in between heavy attacks) and so forth. (no place left for a pure magicka-buff skill)

The magika regeneration portion lasts the full 18 seconds. You DO NOT need to be in the circle or even near the circle to get the magika regeneration. I ran as far away as I could from the circle and continues to get it for the full 18s. This buff appears to be completely independent of the circle buff.

The Physical mitigation buff lasts for 8 seconds if you step out of the circle, but you can re-step into the circle at any point and get another 8 seconds. The 8 seconds also extends past the life of the circle, so you can get a total of 26 second phys mit buff.

The Spell Resistance buff last for the entire 18 seconds of the circle existance even if you do not step back into it (this is probably a bug). You can however re-step back into the circle and make the buff last for a total of 26s.

Working as intended as far as I am concerned :smiley:

• danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Working as intended as far as I am concerned :smiley:

I ain't got time to send no bug reports. I have to channel RD all day long.
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    the CC immunity of immovable is so bloody short. The animation itself takes up a large chunk of the immunity. You're better off using CC immunity pots. They last 3 times as long. To each his own but untill the cc immunity off immovable gets buffed, I no longer have a spot for it on my bar.

I also prefer Immovability-Potions but with the players I use to play PvP, just using Immov.-Potions would result in a decisive "undefended period" in between the use of the potions (even with crafter bonus). Hard CCs plunge upon me all the time and the potions alone won't help, if fights are long-lasting, intense and players keep spamming skills like fear. Pretty often, that anti-CC skills are decisive.
    So I need both, potions + Immovable.

The Arena Set is nice, but the break-free animation still remains too long to heal fast enough after being CC'd. Break free takes 'much' longer than playing preventively: Immovable / Immov.-potion.

(To sum up, this special case only applies to healing under difficult circumstances. Most players won't need that and Immovable potions will suffice for them. But I'll do PvP with a bunch of crazy guys, who need more healing and who rely on emergency-healing (BoL, healing Ward, etc.)
    Edited by Francescolg on May 2, 2015 4:56PM
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    the CC immunity of immovable is so bloody short. The animation itself takes up a large chunk of the immunity. You're better off using CC immunity pots. They last 3 times as long. To each his own but untill the cc immunity off immovable gets buffed, I no longer have a spot for it on my bar.

I also prefer Immovability-Potions but with the players I use to play PvP, just using Immov.-Potions would result in a decisive "undefended period" in between the use of the potions (even with crafter bonus). Hard CCs plunge upon me all the time and the potions alone won't help, if fights are long-lasting, intense and players keep spamming skills like fear. Pretty often, that anti-CC skills are decisive.
    So I need both, potions + Immovable.

The Arena Set is nice, but the break-free animation still remains too long to heal fast enough after being CC'd. Break free takes 'much' longer than casting one Immovable or a potion.
    It does not, but you can neither decide when to break free, nor blockcast it.

• Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    It does not, but you can neither decide when to break free, nor blockcast it.

For my connection and playability of PvP it does matter.
    Being CC'd + break-free will take about 3-5 seconds, casting Immovable / Immovable brute will only take 1-2 seconds. I don't wanna break free all the time just to miss the most important healings. It is not just about time but also about "being stucked" for a few seconds and losing important seconds.

(again, if you run around with an organized group [20+ zerg] with defensive rotations, this is different, as you can't be focused so much, like when only a bunch of players are with you). I prefer to try to avoid to have to break free!
    Edited by Francescolg on May 2, 2015 5:08PM
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can confirm this, exactly working like this way. This is however a trade with Restoring Aura stamina regen effect. We lost much prefered stamina regen for magicka regen. Sure it helps a ton to macika builds and healers.
    Edited by Soris on May 2, 2015 5:04PM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Streak does not go through block anymore @Sublime
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soris wrote: »

I can confirm this, exactly working like this way. This is however a trade with Restoring Aura stamina regen effect. We lost much prefered stamina regen for magicka regen. Sure it helps a ton to macika builds and healers.

It's not a trade. The magika regen was always the same, just no one knew about it due to tooltip issues. Then they reduced the cost and made it (armour and spell resist) last outside the circle.

I don't think they buffed one at the expense of the other explicitly.
    Edited by danno8 on May 2, 2015 5:22PM
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not a trade. The magika regen was always the same, just no one knew about it due to tooltip issues. Then they reduced the cost and made it (armour and spell resist) last outside the circle.

It got buffed and the other one nerfed. It's a trade

It was 40 regen per 2 sec before(tooltip was saying 20 though its bug). Now it is 480(not 400)
    Reduced cost
    And that armor buff thingy outside of circle.

Aura got a flat 60% nerf on stamina regen.
    Edited by Soris on May 2, 2015 5:44PM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a headsup:

There seems to be quite some controvery in the Ressource Management and Burst categories, so since I'm not too sure myself either, I decided to simply copy some quotes into the article to provide a better overall view to the reader.

EDIT: Quotes are now added to OP.
    Edited by Sublime on May 2, 2015 7:04PM
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It got buffed and the other one nerfed. It's a trade

It was 40 regen per 2 sec before(tooltip was saying 20 though its bug). Now it is 480(not 400)
    Reduced cost
    And that armor buff thingy outside of circle.

Aura got a flat 60% nerf on stamina regen.

Bolded part: but now there are no regen caps either so I don't really consider that part to be much of a buff at all. Pre 1.6 the magika return would take you waaay over the cap for regen easily, whereas now people can hit 5000 regen (so would have been what 500? in 1.5, most couldn't get much past 200 iirc)

The other part of the skill was made functional, so yah I guess that part is a buff.
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enjoyed the analysis and discussion. It seems like to me that Softcaps (or DRs) need to come back on weapon/spell damage only.
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enjoyed the analysis and discussion. It seems like to me that Softcaps (or DRs) need to come back on weapon/spell damage only.

That wouldn't change a thing for my build, wich is kind of balanced in regen/cost reduction/defense/burst damage, and you sure don't want everyone walk around like me.

• Draehl
    Draehl
    ✭✭✭
    I addition to the obvious nerfs to burst (or increases to health in Cyrodiil) what about some sort of stacking cost increase when using a particular mechanic/skill too often?
    • After X blocked attacks subsequent blocks cost 100% more. Not blocking for Z seconds resets the timer.
    • After X subsequent dodges cost 100% more. Not dodging for Z seconds resets the timer.
    • Similarly for skills, however offer certain exceptions for "filler" skills.
    Main: Breton Nightblade "Shadow Cleric" (Sustained Damage/offhealer) 5L/2H - Resto + S&B
    Alt: Argonian Dragonknight (Stam DoTs/Tank) 5H/2M - S&B + Bow
    Alt: Nord Templar Berserker (Rawr) 5M/2H - Dual Wield + Two Hander
    Alt: Altmer Sorceror (Pewpew) 7L - Destro + Resto
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Draehl wrote: »
    I addition to the obvious nerfs to burst (or increases to health in Cyrodiil) what about some sort of stacking cost increase when using a particular mechanic/skill too often?
    • After X blocked attacks subsequent blocks cost 100% more. Not blocking for Z seconds resets the timer.
    • After X subsequent dodges cost 100% more. Not dodging for Z seconds resets the timer.

That would just hurt build diversity, as you need a filler to go on with what you where doing basically anway.

• Draehl
    Draehl
    ✭✭✭
    Draehl wrote: »

That would just hurt build diversity, as you need a filler to go on with what you where doing basically anway.

Yes, though filler could be fairly broad. For example NB - Assassin's Blade, Veiled Strike, Drain Power, Strife. Plus certain weapon skills.

It wouldn't have to be a 'binary' type increase either. Maybe the cost ramps up with successive use. The idea being, however, to put the hurt on potentially abusive skills/mechanics without totally neutering their base use.
    Main: Breton Nightblade "Shadow Cleric" (Sustained Damage/offhealer) 5L/2H - Resto + S&B
    Alt: Argonian Dragonknight (Stam DoTs/Tank) 5H/2M - S&B + Bow
    Alt: Nord Templar Berserker (Rawr) 5M/2H - Dual Wield + Two Hander
    Alt: Altmer Sorceror (Pewpew) 7L - Destro + Resto
  • shiva7663
    shiva7663
    ✭✭✭
    What is "zoning" and how does it differ from crowd control?
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Why?

The "burst" rotation of sorcs is reflectable and ball of lightningable. At least in part.

Also you have issue of spell resists and nirnhorned which considerably lowers damage.

Also, while the theory of inevitable detonation->curse->CF proc/light attack-crushing shock is solid for nubs. Yes it blows nubs up quite spectacularly. However anyone that is experienced knows to block through the explosions, which makes it not nearly as effective as it can be.

I'd give the edge to nightblades personally, but overall your ranking system is pretty solid. But, I give the edge to nightblades in that they have double executes that start working at 50% (poison injection and executioner).
  • Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭
    shiva7663 wrote: »
    What is "zoning" and how does it differ from crowd control?
    Burst/Debuffing/Crowd Control/Zoning:
    While a high damage output is certainly very important to kill enemies, it is only rarely sufficient to get a kill. What you need is a mix of damage, debuffs and CC. While crowd control is usually associated with stun and slow, it is also possible to control an enemy's movement by denying certain areas, also known as zoning. However, a certain level of burst is required since all CC is lost if the damage is not there to threaten a kill. Figures such as Max Stamina/Magicka, Spell Damage/Weapon Damage or skills with the likes of Eclipse, Burning Breath, Fear or Daedric Minefield is what we are looking at here.

Denying referes to making a certain area dangerous through a specific skill, therefore forcing a player to walk another way.

Why?

The "burst" rotation of sorcs is reflectable and ball of lightningable. At least in part.

Also you have issue of spell resists and nirnhorned which considerably lowers damage.

Also, while the theory of inevitable detonation->curse->CF proc/light attack-crushing shock is solid for nubs. Yes it blows nubs up quite spectacularly. However anyone that is experienced knows to block through the explosions, which makes it not nearly as effective as it can be.

I'd give the edge to nightblades personally, but overall your ranking system is pretty solid. But, I give the edge to nightblades in that they have double executes that start working at 50% (poison injection and executioner).

I have to agree with everything, apart from the fact that block affects, as far as I know, all builds equally.
    Edited by Sublime on May 3, 2015 2:00PM
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edit:
    redundant points have been allready cleared... [admin can delete this if possible]
    Edited by Tankqull on May 3, 2015 3:03PM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"