The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

ZERG losing ZOS money

• Jauriel
    Jauriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    [Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Trolling & Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_MichelleA on May 2, 2015 3:28PM
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    krim wrote: »
    A skill is not going to do anything to a zerg of players spamming heals and purges. We need certain mechanics to change again(revert) not adding skills that are just band aid fixes that dont promote any type of skill play. Oh hey theres a huge group let me cast this spell. This is a game that promoted large scale battles but here we are in 1.6 still crying about blobs. At this point rightfully so, because there is no way to combat a zerg without a zerg. But some people dont find it fun to follow 23 or more people around just literally mowing people down not knowing for sure if they ever even did anything to contribute.

Old idea that was not received well because it is too effective against only organized, stacking groups

Critical Mass or Hammer of Meridia

Change the bomb skill to have the only counter being spread out at all times before the cast and
      * damage multiplies by the square of the number of enemies in the area. * Don't give any time to counter such an attack. Don't make it a plague, make it instant-acting after successful cast * ground-based AoE or PBAoE w/ 2 second cast
    It's not rocket science, but nuclear physics. Stack, get rekt, done.

But of course, someone will come in last minute saying they already wreck stacks without any problem and nobody needs this, contrary to the conversation everyone else was having.
  • Sinte
    Sinte
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS PLS STOP PPL FROM PLAYING TOGETHER I DONT HAVE ANY FRIENDS :(((((

-OP.
  • krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maryriv wrote: »
    Armethius wrote: »
    im starting this thread because we all know money rules the world. ZOS wants to make money, by getting more subscribers, and more paid subscribers. I think they will lose subscribers if they don't fix the power of a 24 player zerg.

i am an avid fan of elder scrolls games, and I love cyrodil, however, playing tonight was unbearable. there is no way to take down the group of 24 red zerglings that was farming in between alessia and sej tonight. they are invincible.

i am also not sure how to fix it, i have ideas, but I'm sure ZOS has thought of them all. Make siege even more powerful, make each class have an aoe skill that gains power when it hits more enemies; decrease group sizes... those are the few i have thought of.

we obviously want massive 40 on 40 battles, but i don't think any of us want 40 on a blob of zerging invincible enemies.

PLEASE GINA, PLEASE ZOS, PLEASE fix this somehow, especially before it comes to consoles. WE ALL WANT A LARGER MORE HAPPY SUBSCRIBER BASE. All the newbies are getting killed, and quitting the way the game is now...

thanks,
    Armethius

Ad collision detection on friendlies.

Cause AOE dmg to do dmg to friendlies :)

More practical ones are the ones you mentioned of course, limit group size further and increase siege damage further, as it is people are still standing in red and just getting purged.

You get a sad face :( for this post.
    glak wrote: »
    krim wrote: »
    A skill is not going to do anything to a zerg of players spamming heals and purges. We need certain mechanics to change again(revert) not adding skills that are just band aid fixes that dont promote any type of skill play. Oh hey theres a huge group let me cast this spell. This is a game that promoted large scale battles but here we are in 1.6 still crying about blobs. At this point rightfully so, because there is no way to combat a zerg without a zerg. But some people dont find it fun to follow 23 or more people around just literally mowing people down not knowing for sure if they ever even did anything to contribute.

Old idea that was not received well because it is too effective against only organized, stacking groups

Critical Mass or Hammer of Meridia

Change the bomb skill to have the only counter being spread out at all times before the cast and
      * damage multiplies by the square of the number of enemies in the area. * Don't give any time to counter such an attack. Don't make it a plague, make it instant-acting after successful cast * ground-based AoE or PBAoE w/ 2 second cast
    It's not rocket science, but nuclear physics. Stack, get rekt, done.

But of course, someone will come in last minute saying they already wreck stacks without any problem and nobody needs this, contrary to the conversation everyone else was having.

I mean the trick is to get a nice balanced game for every play style. Of course some builds and play styles are always going to be stronger in certain situations but i dont think you ever want something that just outright destroys groups. A skill like this would be stupid considering this game is about large player battles and zergs. All it would take is for 3 people to stand inside a keep wait for the enemy faction to rush in and then spam whatever skill everyone is proposing. Then what no one will ever be able to take a keep until the other side goes to sleep?

Believe or not but the game in 1.5 was way more all around balanced in cyrodiil then it is now. And im not talking about class vs class balance.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like a lot of that but 1.5 negate meta was trash.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    At least you get to see the Zerg. For me it is usually standing there alive, game hiccups, I'm dead, 40 people are standing on my corpse. It is sort of a fun game of Huh I wonder what happened.