The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Please remove PvP buffs in PvE already

• Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    EU PACT hasnt had PvP buffs since 1.6 during evenings. PvP buffs make a *** of difference in PvE both AoE and SingleT.
    It is kinda annoying. Maybe reroll other faction like many did already back in 1.3? :o
    Edited by Alcast on May 1, 2015 9:38AM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What? Wake up and beat the PVE heroes then, or you know don't. Stop trying to carebear your way out of the game being harder than you expected.

IMO thats absurd to discourage players from taking your keeps while your snoozing...

Some people evidently don't bother to read and perhaps they even partake in the behaviour I refer to, evidently. I wrote this thread because an AD guild morning capped the entire Haderus map and I am AD. Therefore I was hardly in a position to defend those keeps because it was my alliance. Pay attention next time - this has nothing to do with difficulty.
    Dru1076 wrote: »
    Have you any evidence at all that PVE'ers are responsible? Honestly mate, I don't think you'll find many of them doing anything in Cyrodil other than delves and the quests. And how exactly does having competition ruin a competitive campaign? That really doesn't make much sense.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing the buffs gone. I am not now, but I had been trapped on a buff server for another faction and that sucks on several levels. If it would balance out buff campaigns I fully support the idea.

But PvE heroes are not to blame, and you're not going to convince many people that they are... Your argument really falls apart before you even get started, OP.

I spoke to people in the guild and they confirmed they wanted the buffs. They also indicated that they had wanted to swap emperorship on the campaign, but this had been thwarted by someone else (me, as it happens) taking the number 1 spot on AD. Funnily enough your point about delves etc is also true. People like to have a buff campaign so they can do dungeons, quests and delves. Therefore they will often move to defend keeps when called upon because they like to have this easy access in the future.

Of course PvP players do this too and again, had you read my thread, I indicated that this was also a problem but is not so easily solved.
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    What? Wake up and beat the PVE heroes then, or you know don't. Stop trying to carebear your way out of the game being harder than you expected.

IMO thats absurd to discourage players from taking your keeps while your snoozing...
    But, but, they expected it to be like Skyrim. You save your game, close the application and it doesn't do scary things while you sleep.

Kris, while we don't know one another personally we've met a few times in Cyrodiil and had brief discussions in Arena before you left. From that I can say that you know this is not the case with me, but it is perhaps unsurprising you came to defend this given the recent behaviour of EP in TB. I accept the fact that some people will play outside of the hours I am able to play and in this time keeps will be taken. I further accept (although do not agree) that certain guilds or factions may choose to do this at a time where there is little or no competition from enemy players. This is unfortunate, but a reality that is somewhat more difficult to solve than the issue with PvE players. Remove their buffs, and the incentive for them to maintain a buff campaign is gone and a campaign can remain at least slightly more competitive. It at least eliminates part of the problem.

Having said all of that, this is something that ZOS have more or less confirmed will be happening anyway but is being delayed by a UI bug that they haven't yet been able to fix. I'm pretty sure @ZOS_BrianWheeler brought this up somewhere. Therefore this is a virtual inevitability, I am just asking them to hurry up and get it done.
    Edited by Garion on May 1, 2015 10:27AM
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Garion wrote: »
    Lava_Croft wrote: »

But, but, they expected it to be like Skyrim. You save your game, close the application and it doesn't do scary things while you sleep.

Kris, while we don't know one another personally we've met a few times in Cyrodiil and had brief discussions in Arena before you left. From that I can say that you know this is not the case with me, but it is perhaps unsurprising you came to defend this given the recent behaviour of EP in TB. I accept the fact that some people will play outside of the hours I am able to play and in this time keeps will be taken. I further accept (although do not agree) that certain guilds or factions may choose to do this at a time where there is little or no competition from enemy players. This is unfortunate, but a reality that is somewhat more difficult to solve than the issue with PvE players. Remove their buffs, and the incentive for them to maintain a buff campaign is gone and a campaign can remain at least slightly more competitive. It at least eliminates part of the problem.

Having said all of that, this is something that ZOS have more or less confirmed will be happening anyway but is being delayed by a UI bug that they haven't yet been able to fix. I'm pretty sure @ZOS_BrianWheeler brought this up somewhere. Therefore this is a virtual inevitability, I am just asking them to hurry up and get it done.
    Of course I was joking a bit to get a point across. People playing while the majority of the player base sleeps is just something that's hard to deal with from a game design perspective, not to mention that I personally don't think it has to be dealt with. The war does not stop at night.
    There is nothing special going on with EP in TB and there's no behaviour to defend. It all simply comes down to the fact that EP most of the time has more players online than the other factions. As soon as EP does not have more players online than the other faction, we get nightcapped ourselves and the map gets painted in blue or yellow.
    While I, like basically everyone that plays PvP, cannot wait for the buffs to be removed from PvE, I think some faction using the early morning hours to grab the entire map isn't a problem at all. It can be annoying, but it's nothing more than making good use of the time of day.

[EDIT] I totally forgot: The fact that people often have to wait an hour or longer in a queue before being able to enter TB's prime time lagfest probably contributes to them hanging around longer at night.

Edited by Lava_Croft on May 1, 2015 2:39PM