The Scribes of Fate DLC and Update 37 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of February 6:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – February 6
• EU megaservers for maintenance – February 7, 9:00 UTC (4:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)
• NA megaservers for patch maintenance – February 8, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EST (15:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for patch maintenance – February 8, 9:00 UTC (4:00AM EST) - 15:00 UTC (10:00AM EST)

Please remove PvP buffs in PvE already

Garion
Garion
✭✭✭✭✭
Honestly, PvE heroes getting up super early in the morning and PvDooring an entire campaign one colour is getting tiresome. It can destroy an otherwise competitive campaign and pushes people away.

PvPers nightcapping is sad and pathetic and is undoubtedly something that needs looking at, but I do think removing these buffs in PvE would go some way to discouraging this kind of behaviour.

Please don't come on and tell me "soon™". This should be a simple fix and something that should happen ASAP.
Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm afraid there are more PvPers doing this than actual PvErs who want to get their buffs. And yes it is sad and pathetic
    Noricum | Kitesquad

    Youtube

    AR 41 DC DK

  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »
    I'm afraid there are more PvPers doing this than actual PvErs who want to get their buffs. And yes it is sad and pathetic

    True enough. I'd go as far to say they need removing altogether to prevent PvPers doing it also, but I am not sure ZOS would go that far which is why I think removing them from PvE would be a good start. When a buff campaign appears, the PvE heroes come in their droves to help defend it which contributes to some of the issues we have in PvP at the moment. In any event, I'm pretty sure it's something @ZOS_BrianWheeler has said they have been looking into but this is exactly the kind of thing I am talking about... it shouldn't take this long to fix this kind of crap.
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

    Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler already said in an interview that he'd like the remove them from PvE. There is however an issue with the UI that would display that the buff is active even though it actually isn't.
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sublime wrote: »
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler already said in an interview that he'd like the remove them from PvE. There is however an issue with the UI that would display that the buff is active even though it actually isn't.

    This is something that I can get over while they find a fix. We've all endured worse bugs... and also this is exactly the kind of thing I mean in my post above yours. They have devs at ZOS, right? Well get them fixing that crap. It's a campaign killer.
    Edited by Garion on April 30, 2015 8:39AM
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

    Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Garion wrote: »
    Sublime wrote: »
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler already said in an interview that he'd like the remove them from PvE. There is however an issue with the UI that would display that the buff is active even though it actually isn't.

    This is something that I can get over... and also this is exactly the kind of thing I mean in my post above yours. They have devs at ZOS, right? Well get them fixing that crap. It's a campaign killer.

    I'm beginning to think otherwise...
    Seriously though, I just think they have the wrong priorities.
    Noricum | Kitesquad

    Youtube

    AR 41 DC DK

  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »
    Garion wrote: »
    Sublime wrote: »
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler already said in an interview that he'd like the remove them from PvE. There is however an issue with the UI that would display that the buff is active even though it actually isn't.

    This is something that I can get over... and also this is exactly the kind of thing I mean in my post above yours. They have devs at ZOS, right? Well get them fixing that crap. It's a campaign killer.

    I'm beginning to think otherwise...
    Seriously though, I just think they have the wrong priorities.

    Unfortunately I think you're right... PvP has always been such low priority, but you'd think something so simple should be pretty easy to fix.

    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

    Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS conflicts themselves here because champion point allocation doesn't always update the buffs in the character sheet. Aaaand when it does like with saying you've spell shield, it's same as PvP buffs because spell shield is broken. In @ZOS_BrianWheeler s defense, I don't think @ZOS_MariaAliprando told him about either of these because I trust he'd of not said what he said or would have explained his concerns differently. Both of these issues do need attention.
    Edited by Sacadon on April 30, 2015 9:54AM
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sacadon wrote: »
    ZOS conflicts themselves here because champion point allocation doesn't always update the buffs in the character sheet. Aaaand when it does like with saying you've spell shield, it's same as PvP buffs because spell shield is broken. In @ZOS_BrianWheeler s defense, I don't think @ZOS_MariaAliprando told him about either of these because I trust he'd of not said what he said or would have explained his concerns differently. Both of these issues do need attention.

    I'm confused. I am referring to scroll and keep bonuses?
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

    Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Garion wrote: »
    Sacadon wrote: »
    ZOS conflicts themselves here because champion point allocation doesn't always update the buffs in the character sheet. Aaaand when it does like with saying you've spell shield, it's same as PvP buffs because spell shield is broken. In @ZOS_BrianWheeler s defense, I don't think @ZOS_MariaAliprando told him about either of these because I trust he'd of not said what he said or would have explained his concerns differently. Both of these issues do need attention.

    I'm confused. I am referring to scroll and keep bonuses?

    I'm referring to same. Remember Brian said they could remove them server-side, but the client would still show them. My point is that the client already inaccurately displays buffs and used the example of where spell shield shows but doesn't work.
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sacadon wrote: »
    Garion wrote: »
    Sacadon wrote: »
    ZOS conflicts themselves here because champion point allocation doesn't always update the buffs in the character sheet. Aaaand when it does like with saying you've spell shield, it's same as PvP buffs because spell shield is broken. In @ZOS_BrianWheeler s defense, I don't think @ZOS_MariaAliprando told him about either of these because I trust he'd of not said what he said or would have explained his concerns differently. Both of these issues do need attention.

    I'm confused. I am referring to scroll and keep bonuses?

    I'm referring to same. Remember Brian said they could remove them server-side, but the client would still show them. My point is that the client already inaccurately displays buffs and used the example of where spell shield shows but doesn't work.

    Ah right I see, yes. To me that's the kind of bug that should have been fixed an age ago, and in any event not removing the buffs because of a UI bug is stupid. As long as your stats are correct then who cares??
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

    Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I fully support this. My experience in hopesfire and haderus is why.
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »
    I'm afraid there are more PvPers doing this than actual PvErs who want to get their buffs. And yes it is sad and pathetic

    The only thing that's sad is that there aren't defenders when that happens.


    Also... I like the buffs, and hope they stay, especially now that there are no empty campaigns.
    Edited by Domander on April 30, 2015 2:25PM
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the Trials scoreboards upsetting AD?
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the Trials scoreboards upsetting AD?

    I don't do trials, so it's not that. Also the reason I posted this thread is about Haderus EU, which was capped by an AD PvE guild (I'm AD). Frankly, I couldn't care less about trial leaderboards, but I do care quite considerably about competitive campaigns being destroyed by this type of play.
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

    Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Garion wrote: »
    Are the Trials scoreboards upsetting AD?

    I don't do trials, so it's not that. Also the reason I posted this thread is about Haderus EU, which was capped by an AD PvE guild (I'm AD). Frankly, I couldn't care less about trial leaderboards, but I do care quite considerably about competitive campaigns being destroyed by this type of play.

    Personally I don't care about the buffs either way. But there are too many servers. I don't even bother logging in during the day, the game is dead here in the states, 4 servers all with 1 bar each and 1 server with 1-3 bars. Buff servers spread out what little population is left to respective faction's campaigns. I think we'd be fine in the US now with just 2 normal servers and 1 sub-vet server.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • jpalm1995
    jpalm1995
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with you 100% Garion. The NA haderus server is also destroyed by nightcappers. Same with thornblade. Just last night AD was pop-locked while the other two factions were one bar (haderus). These guilds sure know how to kill a campaign. Also, adding some campigns would be nice. That would space out the giant zerg-guilds.
    I always say that I hate this game, yet for some reason i'm still here.
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Garion wrote: »
    Are the Trials scoreboards upsetting AD?

    I don't do trials, so it's not that. Also the reason I posted this thread is about Haderus EU, which was capped by an AD PvE guild (I'm AD). Frankly, I couldn't care less about trial leaderboards, but I do care quite considerably about competitive campaigns being destroyed by this type of play.

    Personally I don't care about the buffs either way. But there are too many servers. I don't even bother logging in during the day, the game is dead here in the states, 4 servers all with 1 bar each and 1 server with 1-3 bars. Buff servers spread out what little population is left to respective faction's campaigns. I think we'd be fine in the US now with just 2 normal servers and 1 sub-vet server.

    To be honest I don't think that's the case in EU. During peak times we can get virtually all campaigns - including non-vet - locked or high. The only one that doesn't seem to be locked nowadays is Thornblade and that's a combination of people being tired of nightcapping reds and the insane lag. When a map gets wiped one colour however people become disillusioned and the less hardcore PvPers just give up and the hardcore PvPers move elsewhere (apart from the AP farmers...) I think removing the buffs would go some way to resolving this issue and then we can make a firm evaluation of the current state of campaigns.
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

    Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed 100%, this along with the 5000 other issues PvP suffers from (and ZOS doing *** all about it)... I don't know how many more threads need to be made about this before they realize that it's not right. ZOS will most likely never do anything about this, or the lag, or the imbalance, or the poor performance (rollback 1.2 pls), or..... it's just pointless.

    As for me, I'd rather play other games right now, games that actually work and where they don't treat you as a 3rd grade peasant.

    And to be honest when the Witcher 3 comes out I don't think this game will be installed on my PC anymore. :smile:
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed 100%, this along with the 5000 other issues PvP suffers from (and ZOS doing *** all about it)... I don't know how many more threads need to be made about this before they realize that it's not right. ZOS will most likely never do anything about this, or the lag, or the imbalance, or the poor performance (rollback 1.2 pls), or..... it's just pointless.

    As for me, I'd rather play other games right now, games that actually work and where they don't treat you as a 3rd grade peasant.

    And to be honest when the Witcher 3 comes out I don't think this game will be installed on my PC anymore. :smile:

    Quoted for truth.

    Also, I can't wait for Witcher 3 either. That's going to keep me away from this game for quite some time, particularly if ZOS continue to give zero attention to PvP.

    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

    Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove PvP buffs from PvE and give us better rewards. I'm sick of the junk gear PvP gives us.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    behind this 100% PvP buffs need to go from PvE cause it encourages buff servers and is killing pvp. Get rid of it and if players still feel they need to own a server well we know who the pathetic players are.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remove PvP buffs from PvE and give us better rewards. I'm sick of the junk gear PvP gives us.

    Eh isn't so bad that stuff does sell for a bit of gold once you get a few or just decon it for materials.
  • Nivzruo_ESO
    Nivzruo_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Garion wrote: »
    Honestly, PvE heroes getting up super early in the morning and PvDooring an entire campaign one colour is getting tiresome. It can destroy an otherwise competitive campaign and pushes people away.

    PvPers nightcapping is sad and pathetic and is undoubtedly something that needs looking at, but I do think removing these buffs in PvE would go some way to discouraging this kind of behaviour.

    Please don't come on and tell me "soon™". This should be a simple fix and something that should happen ASAP.

    Yes, the fact that this still goes on a year later is pretty sad..
    Nelgyntc- V14 NB
  • jody.roaneub17_ESO
    What? Wake up and beat the PVE heroes then, or you know don't. Stop trying to carebear your way out of the game being harder than you expected.

    IMO thats absurd to discourage players from taking your keeps while your snoozing...
  • Dru1076
    Dru1076
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you any evidence at all that PVE'ers are responsible? Honestly mate, I don't think you'll find many of them doing anything in Cyrodil other than delves and the quests. And how exactly does having competition ruin a competitive campaign? That really doesn't make much sense.

    That said, I wouldn't mind seeing the buffs gone. I am not now, but I had been trapped on a buff server for another faction and that sucks on several levels. If it would balance out buff campaigns I fully support the idea.

    But PvE heroes are not to blame, and you're not going to convince many people that they are... Your argument really falls apart before you even get started, OP.
    Edited by Dru1076 on May 1, 2015 5:43AM
    Ask not what your sweetroll can do for you....
  • jody.roaneub17_ESO
    Well said.
  • BrassRazoo
    BrassRazoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the PvE heroes don't live in America right?
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What? Wake up and beat the PVE heroes then, or you know don't. Stop trying to carebear your way out of the game being harder than you expected.

    IMO thats absurd to discourage players from taking your keeps while your snoozing...
    But, but, they expected it to be like Skyrim. You save your game, close the application and it doesn't do scary things while you sleep.
  • Suntzu1414
    this should have been done long ago.

    Not only is it a good idea.
    But, it eliminates the temptation for "buff servers".


    Kill Well
    ST
    DC - NB VR15 - Khajit - DW / S+B / Bow
    DC - NB VR 15 - Wood Elf - S+B / Resto
    DC - TP VR 15 - Brenton - Resto / Dual Wield
    DC - SC VR 12 - High Elf - Desto / Dual Wield
    EP - TP VR 5 - Nord - 2hd / 2hd
    EP - DK 20 - Imperial - S+B / Desto / Bow
  • Zhoyzu
    Zhoyzu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets Create more threads in a few days too. If we all create a thread every 3 days the forums will be spammed and they wont be able to ignore it.

    Eh they'll probably just ban us all and sweep the customers under the rug too.

    I support this but evidently ZOS does not.
    Zhoyzu - Nightblade Alchemist (v15) RETIRED
    Has-No-Heart - Templar Enchanter (v4) FUBAR
    Ambadassador - Dragon knight (v1) Naked with no future (returned from the naked realm to tank PvE)
    Sakis Tolis - Sorceror (v10 in progress) Living Legend!

    Xuhl'Xotuun - Warden Current Main as im starting the game over essentially with this character aside from crafting.

    Creator of Khajiit fall dmg reduction racial passive concept.

Sign In or Register to comment.