The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

MY SOLUTION TO FIX YOUR ERROR 209 MESSAGE FOR ALL PLAYERS

Robbmrp
Robbmrp
✭✭✭✭✭
This is all I have to do to resolve this Error message.

1-Click on Launcher, launcher opens with Error Message 209
2- Close error and Launcher and reopen. Repeat Step 1 if you receive the error again.

I think the most times I had to close the error and reopen the Launcher before getting "Play" was 3-5 times MAX.

I've NEVER had to repair the game, NEVER had to run as Admin, NEVER had to run from Eso.exe or ANY OTHER fix.

I've done that for the last two days and when I logged on this morning, viola, NO ERROR MESSAGE anymore.

More than likely they will have to "re-design" the Launcher and until they can get resources to do that, after the console release, we'll have to make do with it as is.

Save yourself a lot of headache and try the above......

I hope it works as easily for you all as it does for me.
NA Server - Kildair
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My fix is simply not to use the launcher except to get patches, I've given up expecting ZOS to fix it.

I got his by the random 209 many weeks ago and in the complete absence of any HELP from ZOS I now run ESO.EXE directly without a problem even when the launcher is whining about error 209 and telling me to reapir.
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on April 30, 2015 7:00AM
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's cool. With the way I do it I am not even getting the error any more. It usually goes away within 2 days of the update. It's really sad that they can't fix it a year later.
    NA Server - Kildair