The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Launcher issues after EVERY patch!!

BloodWolfe
BloodWolfe
✭✭✭✭
Ok this is starting to serious *** me off! Every patch lately causes either error 209 or that it can't verify the current version. Normally I could relaunch the launcher and it would show play but today nothing worked. I follow the instructions to delete a few files that was listed in the support section and now I'm downloading pretty much the entire game! WTF?!?! I get maybe 1 hour of free time a night after work if I am lucky so I like to unwind and play for a bit but can't tonight because ZOS can't get their act together!

I am normally patient with this stuff but this is getting absolutely ridiculous every patch I am seeing these issues and now tonight it wouldn't resolve itself after several attempts at using the repair function or relaunching the launcher.

I'm not going to spend anymore money and support this game if you can't even get the launcher working properly. You're breaking it after every damn patch FFS!
  • dunn4_ESO
    dunn4_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I'm with you. I played during closed beta, finally bought the game, and all I've been doing for the past two days is trying to make it run. This is ridiculous. Literally. A launcher that cannot even successfully launch the game is deserving of ridicule.

I regret my purchase, and I haven't even gotten to create a character. The worst part about it is that they already have our money, so they have no reason to fix the issue. I feel cheated.

• BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    That sucks you haven't been able to play yet.

I enjoy the game, I have owned it since launch but didn't play past the first 2 months due to RL issues that pretty much left me with no time to game until a few months ago but I almost regret now wanting to support them and spending money on the ESO+.

I know it's not the best sub plan but I wanted to show some support for the game and figured I get the crowns with that too so not too bad but these launcher issues are starting to really irritate me! If they are going to be this lazy and not get even the launcher fixed they will lose me for good and I am sure many others too.
  • BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, it's still "applying patch" so my game time tonight went down the drain. ZOS you need to sort this out ASAP!
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here. I had the 209 early April and around the 12th it just started working properly, until Monday. Now it's the 209 error 9 out of 10 times I open the launcher. Replied to my CS ticket to let them know it's back and got the standard reply of things to do which I refuse to do at this point. Last time I repaired 20 times, reinstalled twice and did a fresh install on another system and all had the same results, 209 using the launcher...ugh...

• Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS used to treat any issues that interfered with easily getting into the game as top priority. Sadly, they now just redirect us to that cookie cutter article to fix the issue which only addresses a fraction of the issues.

These are the small things that usually get lower priority because work arounds are available, but should be exception to the rule because of a the widespread and less tangible impact to players.

Seeing the forest from the trees.
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your virus protection program may interfere with the loader update. In my experience you can avoid error 209 by temporarilly disable the virus and firewall protection while downloading patch or by repairing. Not ideal but it works.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have my firewall enabled, never have as I mostly just game on my PC anyway so firewalls have always been disabled. As for anti-virus that is always disabled prior to gaming as well so those aren't interfering (at least for me).

So, I go down to shut my computer down this morning since I let the patch continue to apply/update after going to bed and what happens? Error 209, repeatedly, closing and launching the launcher over and over again did nothing. ZOS you guys are incompetent! I follow your ridiculous instructions which forces downloading pretty much the entire game and I still have the SAME PROBLEMS! WTF?!?!

If I come home from work today and still can't play then I'm done and you're never getting a damn cent from me again! This is ridiculous and UNACCEPTABLE!
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can still play. Patch with launcher, receive 209, close the launcher. Start the game directly via ESO.exe. located in the games folder.
    And you can play. Its still an annoyance that should have been fixed by now.
  • Lifsteinn
    Lifsteinn
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. Every patch is the same, I already know that every monday I'll have to spend some extra time recovering from patch issues.
  • BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can still play. Patch with launcher, receive 209, close the launcher. Start the game directly via ESO.exe. located in the games folder.
    And you can play. Its still an annoyance that should have been fixed by now.

Ok good to know, I will launch from the eso.exe then if I get this error again tonight.

Not sure why I never noticed that mentioned when I've seen other topics on the same issue lol must have missed it. It is an annoyance though definitely lol.

Thanks.
  • Love Wizard
    Love Wizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As moving said, you can easily fix this by running the eso.exe directly from the main directory itself, should fix it.
    @IWM - EU - Member of Hodor
    Mashinate - Highelf Nightblade (Inactive)
    Love Wizard - Dunmer Dragonknight (Inactive)
    Godblade - Highelf Nightblade (Active)
    Mashixo - Dunmer Sorcerer (Inactive)
    Hjelmi's Sister - Dunmer Nightblade (Inactive)
    Mashiex - Orc Nightblade (Active)
    Beaminate - Dunmer Templar (Inactive)
    Kittynate - Khajiit Nightblade (Inactive)
    Godmancer - Orc Necromancer (Active)

Server: EU || Guilds: Hodor & Banana Squad || Previously Zerg Squad || Nightblade Lover

Scores: vMoL - 170840 | vSO - 177392 | vHRC - 159696 | vHoF - 221111| vAS - 115810| vCR - 132661 | vBP - 101083 | vSS - 247438

Achievements: Tick Tock Tormentor x3 - Immortal Redeemer x6 - Gryphon Heart x5 - The Unchained x1 - Godslayer x1

Worlds First Vet Maw of Lorkhaj Clear (Hodor! & Hodor!)
    Worlds First Vet Halls of Fabrication HM Clear - Worlds First vHoF Speedrun(Hodor!)
    World Record for All Trials Pre Thieves Guild Patch (Hodor!)
    Worlds First Tick Tock & Disassembly General (No death speedrun HM vHoF)
    Worlds First vAS Hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest clear, and hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest HM Nodeathspeedrun (Gryphon Heart)
    Worlds First Blackrose Prison clear
    Worlds First "The Unchained" title (vBP speedrun, nodeath, no sigils)
    World Record for all the Trials (Murkmire)
    Worlds First Godslayer