The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

For those of you who get upset that groups don't pick up every LFG in zone.

PeggymoeXD
PeggymoeXD
✭✭✭✭
My guild is pretty small. Everyone knows each other, and we're all super cool with each other. About 50 members right now. But that's because of my recruiting process. I'd rather have a small guild full of skilled players who aren't [snip] than a huge guild that blobs and takes too much effort to manage. I accept new members once they've PvP'ed with us and we get a good idea of the fact that they're a tolerable person.

Well I decided to try and branch out some, starting tonight. So my group of about 10 people were casually PvP'ing in Haderus. We weren't really bent on earning loads of AP and wrecking face in the name of the Pact. Just hanging out and fighting when we found people to fight. Well after several good battles, and a Sejanus cap, a guy who had been following us around asked in /say for an invite. So I thought why not. Maybe he'll turn out to be a cool dude and maybe a part of SD. This player will remain nameless first because I receive warnings all the time on the forums and can't risk anymore, and also, because I didn't find it important enough to remember his name anyway.

We fought for a little while and after a BRK defense, we awaited new orders from crown, as you would normally do when there is a specified leader of the group. This player decides repairing the walls is unnecessary and calls an order as if we were required to follow it, I asked lead where we were going, and crown stated that we should make sure Arrius was safe. Arrius was cleared and we went back to BRK where we kinda ping ponged back and forth in the field between Sej and BRK. The random we invited states we should stick together better and we would be able to wipe the AD pushing us back and forth. Whether it was true or not, I was under the impression AD had no intentions at the time to even siege BRK at all, so the group decided to stand back and try to force them to make a move on the keep so we would discontinue the farm. So the random proceeds to think he somehow ranks above my whole guild and starts calling orders, and then tells us to stack on him, when that was not the plan. He got irritated with our tactics and was then kicked from the group. He whined in zone for a bit about how bad we are, and how I am a tool. Even when nobody responded, and I even told all of my guildies not to talk to him after a certain point, he continued to trash talk my group and how we were horrible players with horrible leaders. When, for the record, I've played with these specific people practically since launch, and they are far from unskilled.

I'm sure there are a lot of you out there who are decent people but still find it hard to group in Cyrodiil. But it's players like this who make people who have groups hesitant to pick up people straight from zone chat. My guild was just chillin. We weren't doing much of anything. In fact, I was eating salsa chips and guac while defending my guild's honor against this turd. I had a long day at work, and I wanted to PvP with my friends. Not deal with some moron who thinks my guilds "tactics" are horrible, when in fact there were only a few moments when we even attempted at strategy. I would really encourage anybody who intends on PvP'ing long-term, to find a PvP guild. Any decent PvP guild will have groups going the majority of the day and a comms server.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on April 24, 2015 9:50PM
Kitty DK

Vanguärd
Învictus
Sun's Death
EPHS

- Peggy Moe - Look Mom No Emp Buff - Chalman - Linda the Zookeeper -
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You now have discovered why Telel no longer leads Duck herds in the name of Queen Razum-Dar.

Instead they require anyone who wishes to die horrifically alongside Khajiit to undergo the simple process of....wanting to be a werewolf and spending five minutes setting up team speak.

These epic tasks have proven so difficult for people that some have called Telel an 'elitist AP Farming tool who won't let anyone play unless they're on 24/7'.

This one then thanks them for such high praise of their middling skills, and promptly mutes them so they can ignore the drama llamas and focus on the murder manatees.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Frawr
    Frawr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a communications issue to me.

Your random doesn't sound like a newb because he seems to have an idea about strategy and how to beat them.

People don't generally smack talk in zone chat when they feel like they were treated reasonably.

Perhaps you could have explained in more detail what you wanted to achieve.
    Edited by Frawr on April 24, 2015 9:01AM
  • MormondPayne_EP
    MormondPayne_EP
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm almost sorry I missed this... Almost ;)
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't invited randoms into my groups for months now because half or more of the people I invite simply don't care for my orders or don't read the chat at all. Can make you crazy when someone thinks they suddenly have to go to a completely different keep...
    I would recommend not inviting new people if they are not willing to join your TS - and therefore not invite any randoms if you don't use TS (or some other voicechat). Makes it easier to see when someone is not even trying to follow, too.
    Frawr wrote: »

Your random doesn't sound like a newb because he seems to have an idea about strategy and how to beat them.

People don't generally smack talk in zone chat when they feel like they were treated reasonably.

Believe me, there are a lot of noobs who seem to think they are born leaders or something and basically tell you to stack up, without any deeper thought, that surely will wipe all the enemies...
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • PeggymoeXD
    PeggymoeXD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Frawr wrote: »

There was no communication issue. When you join a group, you follow lead. If you don't like that leader's rules, leave. We have nights where we use tactics and play offensively. Tonight wasn't one of those nights, and he was pissed that we weren't constantly on the move. He could have left long before we eventually kicked him if he could tell we weren't a group he didn't want to be a part of. Instead he chose to try and assume control and then when that failed, trash talk for the whole campaign to see.
    Kitty DK

Vanguärd
    Învictus
    Sun's Death
    EPHS

• PeggymoeXD
    PeggymoeXD
    ✭✭✭✭

Believe me, there are a lot of noobs who seem to think they are born leaders or something and basically tell you to stack up, without any deeper thought, that surely will wipe all the enemies...

As soon as he left the group, he was still mindlessly charging to Sejanus just to be farmed a few more times before the rest of EP finally realized that's what was happening. Then, just as I suspected, AD finally set up siege on the keep and we defended it.
    Kitty DK

Vanguärd
    Învictus
    Sun's Death
    EPHS

• Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PeggymoeXD wrote: »

As soon as he left the group, he was still mindlessly charging to Sejanus just to be farmed a few more times before the rest of EP finally realized that's what was happening. Then, just as I suspected, AD finally set up siege on the keep and we defended it.

I'm betting he was from Thorn. The demise of that campaign has all their wannabe generals flooding the other campaigns and irritating the heck out of the rest of us.
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • Jauriel
    Jauriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every now and then I pick up someone in zone who behaves like a [snip]. But for the most part the DC randoms I pick up are eager to follow, get in Ts when told to and don't argue commands. What I find to be the most frustrating is recruiting, filling the guild with people I think will pvp and then scrolling through a full guild of people pve'ing or in some
    other campaign, not responding to my requests to get in group and come to the campaign they are needed most in.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on April 24, 2015 9:57PM
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jauriel wrote: »
    Every now and then I pick up someone in zone who behaves like a [snip]. But for the most part the DC randoms I pick up are eager to follow, get in Ts when told to and don't argue commands. What I find to be the most frustrating is recruiting, filling the guild with people I think will pvp and then scrolling through a full guild of people pve'ing or in some
    other campaign, not responding to my requests to get in group and come to the campaign they are needed most in.

Every pvp guild I've been in has this issue. 60 people online and only 10 in your group. The others are in PvE land or another campaign soloing or grouped with non guild mates.

I believe this stems from the fact that Cyrodiil is a 24/7/365 map and most pvp guilds don't have set mandatory pvp raid nights/days. So they expect their guild to always be in Cyrodiil, even though there are other aspects of the game people want to enjoy. My AD guild has set raid nights and we have great attendance, the other 5 nights they have groups in there, but it isn't mandatory.

Getting back on topic, I really don't understand the mentality of joining someone else's group and trying to take over. Usually if I join a group I get into TS and just follow orders. If I don't like the group I thank them and then head out.

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on April 24, 2015 9:58PM
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heck my guild only has 5 or so, and im keeping the numbers low (though the main reason is i like giving out npc-style missions to my members, and i dont wanna bankrupt myself lol)
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Most groups required teamspeak, so... yeah, no good for me:D
  • Jauriel
    Jauriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Psilent wrote: »
    Every now and then I pick up someone in zone who behaves like a d-bag. But for the most part the DC randoms I pick up are eager to follow, get in Ts when told to and don't argue commands. What I find to be the most frustrating is recruiting, filling the guild with people I think will pvp and then scrolling through a full guild of people pve'ing or in some

Every pvp guild I've been in has this issue. 60 people online and only 10 in your group. The others are in PvE land or another campaign soloing or grouped with non guild mates.

I believe this stems from the fact that Cyrodiil is a 24/7/365 map and most pvp guilds don't have set mandatory pvp raid nights/days. So they expect their guild to always be in Cyrodiil, even though there are other aspects of the game people want to enjoy. My AD guild has set raid nights and we have great attendance, the other 5 nights they have groups in there, but it isn't mandatory.

Getting back on topic, I really don't understand the mentality of joining someone else's group and trying to take over. Usually if I join a group I get into TS and just follow orders. If I don't like the group I thank them and then head out.

I guess I wish there were more people like me who pvp obsess and find pve to be a big yawn like I do. Well except for thieving, this is a necessary evil-if for no other reason than to fund my pvp. B)
  • JTorus
    JTorus
    ✭✭✭✭
    @PeggymoeXD I'm sorry, but in this case, I think I'm going to have to side with the pug. Even *if* your bad day at the office is a true story, the fact remains, you weren't sharing your salsa and guac and that's just plain inconsiderate. Way to go, selfish. Probably was store bought trash anyways.

Seriously though, eh, what're you gonna do... I liken most people on the internet to that one person in the grocery parking lot. On the phone, oblivious to the world around them, driving in the wrong direction, and about ready to double-park in a crip-space or the fire lane.
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The random was right about how to improve your group play for sure from what you told. The only thing I don't really understand is why he did not just leave the group and even joined in the first place.
    If I would join some group that turns out to play rather ineffective I would just say thanks for the run, see you.

However I don't really see the point of this thread to be honest.

- EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • MoneyOverEverything
    lfg

two minutes later

LFG

two minutes later

LFG! Inv pls

5 minutes later

any groups up? inv pls

2 minutes later at a keep def in yell-chat

INV PLS LFG

30 seconds after the defense is over u go to maingate and see that guy

v3 - bow/dual wield - no bufffood - weird name - imperial costume - 17k mount
    Don`t nerf the hype.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Same. If I join a group that after a little while shows very poor chances of success (like no one bringing siege to a siege for example) I just say "gotta go" and find a different group.

If you want to lead, start your own group with your own conditions.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My guild is pretty small. Everyone knows each other, and we're all super cool with each other. About 50 members right now. But that's because of my recruiting process. I'd rather have a small guild full of skilled players who aren't [snip] than a huge guild that blobs and takes too much effort to manage. I accept new members once they've PvP'ed with us and we get a good idea of the fact that they're a tolerable person.

Well I decided to try and branch out some, starting tonight. So my group of about 10 people were casually PvP'ing in Haderus. We weren't really bent on earning loads of AP and wrecking face in the name of the Pact. Just hanging out and fighting when we found people to fight. Well after several good battles, and a Sejanus cap, a guy who had been following us around asked in /say for an invite. So I thought why not. Maybe he'll turn out to be a cool dude and maybe a part of SD. This player will remain nameless first because I receive warnings all the time on the forums and can't risk anymore, and also, because I didn't find it important enough to remember his name anyway.

We fought for a little while and after a BRK defense, we awaited new orders from crown, as you would normally do when there is a specified leader of the group. This player decides repairing the walls is unnecessary and calls an order as if we were required to follow it, I asked lead where we were going, and crown stated that we should make sure Arrius was safe. Arrius was cleared and we went back to BRK where we kinda ping ponged back and forth in the field between Sej and BRK. The random we invited states we should stick together better and we would be able to wipe the AD pushing us back and forth. Whether it was true or not, I was under the impression AD had no intentions at the time to even siege BRK at all, so the group decided to stand back and try to force them to make a move on the keep so we would discontinue the farm. So the random proceeds to think he somehow ranks above my whole guild and starts calling orders, and then tells us to stack on him, when that was not the plan. He got irritated with our tactics and was then kicked from the group. He whined in zone for a bit about how bad we are, and how I am a tool. Even when nobody responded, and I even told all of my guildies not to talk to him after a certain point, he continued to trash talk my group and how we were horrible players with horrible leaders. When, for the record, I've played with these specific people practically since launch, and they are far from unskilled.

I'm sure there are a lot of you out there who are decent people but still find it hard to group in Cyrodiil. But it's players like this who make people who have groups hesitant to pick up people straight from zone chat. My guild was just chillin. We weren't doing much of anything. In fact, I was eating salsa chips and guac while defending my guild's honor against this turd. I had a long day at work, and I wanted to PvP with my friends. Not deal with some moron who thinks my guilds "tactics" are horrible, when in fact there were only a few moments when we even attempted at strategy. I would really encourage anybody who intends on PvP'ing long-term, to find a PvP guild. Any decent PvP guild will have groups going the majority of the day and a comms server.

What I do when I invite people from zone into my groups is to make sure that they understand the mentality and the mindset of your group lead. For example, I am the kind of guy who enjoy completing all sorts of objectives such as capping ressources, keeps, flagging outposts / keeps deep in enemy territory to cut transit, defend scrolls, capture our scrolls back, capture enemy scrolls, crown emp, dethrone emp, ride back to defend keeps / outposts. That kind of stuff. So when I invite people into my group and give them my TS informations, I tell them straight from the beginning what kind of leader I am and if they are the kind of player to AP farm on the bridge all day or to tower farm here and there when we are missing our two scrolls, they won' have a good time with me. Things are settled right from the start so no one gets disappointed.

Just my 2cents

Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on April 24, 2015 10:00PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Sylvyr
    Sylvyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PUGs are like a box of chocolates.
    Badge: Wall-of-Text GRANDMASTER

PvP: Patch Vs. Player

ZoSence (n.):
    1) What is reasonable or comprehensive using ZoS logic. "That makes ZoSense"
    2) Making zero sense. "That makes ZoSense"
  • Sphinx2318
    Sphinx2318
    ✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    My guild is pretty small. Everyone knows each other, and we're all super cool with each other. About 50 members right now. But that's because of my recruiting process. I'd rather have a small guild full of skilled players who aren't *** than a huge guild that blobs and takes too much effort to manage. I accept new members once they've PvP'ed with us and we get a good idea of the fact that they're a tolerable person.

What I do when I invite people from zone into my groups is to make sure that they understand the mentality and the mindset of your group lead. For example, I am the kind of guy who enjoy completing all sorts of objectives such as capping ressources, keeps, flagging outposts / keeps deep in enemy territory to cut transit, defend scrolls, capture our scrolls back, capture enemy scrolls, crown emp, dethrone emp, ride back to defend keeps / outposts. That kind of stuff. So when I invite people into my group and give them my TS informations, I tell them straight from the beginning what kind of leader I am and if they are the kind of player to AP farm on the bridge all day or to tower farm here and there when we are missing our two scrolls, they won' have a good time with me. Things are settled right from the start so no one gets disappointed.

Just my 2cents

i dont farm ap......i farm SALT
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭

I guess I wish there were more people like me who pvp obsess and find pve to be a big yawn like I do. Well except for thieving, this is a necessary evil-if for no other reason than to fund my pvp. B)

If you could get everything you need to be successful in Cyrodiil IN Cyrodiil then I would agree. But you can't. You have to go to PVE land to better your character for PVP (see thieving, Undaunted, robots that follow you around healing you, nirncrap, etc).

Back to the original topic, I see nothing wrong with being very exclusive in your guild/groups, as long as you don't bash the other guilds that pick up the trash that you don't want. People have to learn to play in groups somewhere, or at the very least get organized somewhere.

I'm coming at this from a DC perspective. We are very bad about crapping on the big "we take anybody" groups/guilds who take on the task of organizing the masses. We are also bad about crapping on "PuGs".

Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on April 24, 2015 10:10PM
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tonemd wrote: »
    Back to the original topic, I see nothing wrong with being very exclusive in your guild/groups, as long as you don't bash the other guilds that pick up the trash that you don't want. People have to learn to play in groups somewhere, or at the very least get organized somewhere.

I'm coming at this from a DC perspective. We are very bad about crapping on the big "we take anybody" groups/guilds who take on the task of organizing the masses. We are also bad about crapping on "PuGs".

It's the same on AD. Several people in zone chat seem to have nothing better to do than insult the PUG groups like Rangers or Star.

No they are not as organized as some of the more serious guilds out there, but look what they have to work with. I was in such a group the other day, 12 of us. We got to the target location and only 4 siege went up the whole time. I was operating 2 of them myself. What can you do when your group members don't even bring siege?
  • PeggymoeXD
    PeggymoeXD
    ✭✭✭✭

Just my 2cents

well the thing was, we picked this guy up because he had been a part of several recent battles with us. So he saw how we played. We were contributing to the map but at the same time just casually pvp'ing.

Also, I'd like to point out that continuing to throw ourselves at Sejanus was, in fact, not the better move. We were being farmed repeatedly and there was one point where we didnt push past BRK and a large group of AD hung out on the outskirts, just enough to where we wouldn't get a defense tick if we killed them on the grounds. So staying at BRK until they were forced to do something was an okay move.
    Kitty DK

Vanguärd
    Învictus
    Sun's Death
    EPHS

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the people who advocate good communication and lots of patience with grouping - any size - PvP or PvE.

I do mostly PvE, like to explore, go slow - even when I've done the same Undaunted 16 times with most of my characters.

Yesterday and last night, I ended up in a group of 4. We were all about 36ish level, and did a couple of undaunted - Wayrest sewers, Fungal Grotto and Banished Cells. There wasn't the most clear leadership - the "leader" was a good-natured templar/healer. I was playing a Sorc/Tank (orc with 2-handed & sword & board), and we had hooked up with a vamp/NB/Archer (if I recall he also had dual weapons), and then a Mega-sorc who laid down some incredible DPS. And it was late and I could be slightly mis-recalling... but that's not the point

The point is that one character (perhaps player) in particular was incredibly impatient - run around in circles, charge ahead - not much with patience, nevermind stealth (mostly) and we ended up charging through most of the dungeons. I've done these before. We should have died all over the place - but something about the synergy of the group just worked.

It was not my usual style, it was not my usual pattern and I never would have 1-chosen it or 2-expected it to succeed so ridiculously massively. We just rolled through like a frikken truck and laid waste left and right. After the fact the player of the healer told me that it had been touch and go at a couple points in terms of keeping us alive - but it ended up okay.

So mostly I'm describing this to say that sometimes working with people who have a vastly different play-style can be a really cool experience.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • PeggymoeXD
    PeggymoeXD
    ✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    I agree with the people who advocate good communication and lots of patience with grouping - any size - PvP or PvE.

I do mostly PvE, like to explore, go slow - even when I've done the same Undaunted 16 times with most of my characters.

Yesterday and last night, I ended up in a group of 4. We were all about 36ish level, and did a couple of undaunted - Wayrest sewers, Fungal Grotto and Banished Cells. There wasn't the most clear leadership - the "leader" was a good-natured templar/healer. I was playing a Sorc/Tank (orc with 2-handed & sword & board), and we had hooked up with a vamp/NB/Archer (if I recall he also had dual weapons), and then a Mega-sorc who laid down some incredible DPS. And it was late and I could be slightly mis-recalling... but that's not the point

The point is that one character (perhaps player) in particular was incredibly impatient - run around in circles, charge ahead - not much with patience, nevermind stealth (mostly) and we ended up charging through most of the dungeons. I've done these before. We should have died all over the place - but something about the synergy of the group just worked.

It was not my usual style, it was not my usual pattern and I never would have 1-chosen it or 2-expected it to succeed so ridiculously massively. We just rolled through like a frikken truck and laid waste left and right. After the fact the player of the healer told me that it had been touch and go at a couple points in terms of keeping us alive - but it ended up okay.

So mostly I'm describing this to say that sometimes working with people who have a vastly different play-style can be a really cool experience.

I agree with this. But Cyrodiil isn't a 4 man dungeon. It's harder to organize an entire raid to be on the same page. Also, my guild has an official PvP night. This wasn't that night, and I will say picking up the pug last night instead of our PvP night may have been my fault. We have the ability to "roll through like a frikken truck" when we are all in that mindset. As many have said in this thread, the pug should have just left the group when he realized he wasn't overruling our leader. We wouldn't have been mad, nobody would have sent him hate tells. We weren't the group he was looking for and we understood that.
    Kitty DK

Vanguärd
    Învictus
    Sun's Death
    EPHS

• NukeAllTheThings
    NukeAllTheThings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a PUG at heart. I like to venture out and join different groups. I have been fortunate to run with a lot of good groups and a few bad ones. There are a number of times where I think "WTF are these people doing?". The strategy seems off and the goals seem to have nothing to do with what is going on in the "war". But, I always remember to respect the group and respect the crown whether I think I know better or not. I joined them, I joined their TS....they can run it any way they see fit. If I want to make the calls then I need run off and do my own thing or start up my own group.

I know leading random folks can be like herding meth'd out cats so I appreciate the folks who are open to having me join them. Because the only reason I think I am wiser than some self perceived "bad groups" is because I learned from those quality groups I joined in the past.
    "it's important to state that our decision to go with subscriptions is not a referendum on online game revenue models. F2P, B2P, etc. are valid, proven business models - but subscription is the one that fits ESO the best, given our commitment to freedom of gameplay, quality and long-term content delivery. Plus, players will appreciate not having to worry about being "monetized" in the middle of playing the game, which is definitely a problem that is cropping up more and more in online gaming these days." - Matt Firor
  • Jauriel
    Jauriel
    ✭✭✭✭

If you could get everything you need to be successful in Cyrodiil IN Cyrodiil then I would agree. But you can't. You have to go to PVE land to better your character for PVP (see thieving, Undaunted, robots that follow you around healing you, nirncrap, etc).

Wow. AMEN. I have a "take anybody" policy but I also have a 3 chance policy. And my memory is looooooong. If I see you for the third time in my group with no siege, not staying on/with crown and not contributing-I blacklist your name. But I give everyone a chance. If I didn't I never would gained my most valuable scouts, snipers and death dealers and healers.

Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on April 24, 2015 10:09PM
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pvp grouping is the most boring thing ever. You die every five minutes, You get crappy xp, and you r treated like you were working at Mc Donald by petty leaders they think they know war tactics better than Julius Ceasar.I just cant understand why people want to pvp group. You are so much better having fun on your own.
    Edited by Vanzen on April 24, 2015 9:50PM
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vanzen wrote: »
    Pvp grouping is the most boring thing ever. You die every five minutes, You get crappy xp, and you r treated like you were working at Mc Donald by petty leaders they think they know war tactics better than Julius Ceasar.I just cant understand why people want to pvp group. You are so much better having fun on your own.

#4everalone
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Pchela
    Pchela
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's the same on AD. Several people in zone chat seem to have nothing better to do than insult the PUG groups like Rangers or Star.

No they are not as organized as some of the more serious guilds out there, but look what they have to work with. I was in such a group the other day, 12 of us. We got to the target location and only 4 siege went up the whole time. I was operating 2 of them myself. What can you do when your group members don't even bring siege?

What, no one in group asks if everyone has siege prior to going to.. siege a keep? LOL?
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil isn't a 4 man dungeon. It's harder to organize an entire raid to be on the same page. Also, my guild has an official PvP night. This wasn't that night, and I will say picking up the pug last night instead of our PvP night may have been my fault. We have the ability to "roll through like a frikken truck" when we are all in that mindset. As many have said in this thread, the pug should have just left the group when he realized he wasn't overruling our leader. We wouldn't have been mad, nobody would have sent him hate tells. We weren't the group he was looking for and we understood that.

While it may be obvious from one side (or the other) that it was a bad fit - it may not have been so obvious to him (or her, because how would I know - but that's beside the point). I would encourage anyone who is taking the role of "leader" to also take on the responsibility of telling people things - sometimes things that "they should know" - or that in person, social cues might inform - but online if you haven't typed it out (or said it on skype or teamspeak) then it's not really reasonable (with folks that I don't know well) to figure we are all on the same page.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis