The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Up-to-date-voting: Arena/Battlegrounds/instanced pvp

• Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭
    YES, I want instanced pvp (Arena/Battleground/stuff like this)!
    As long as they incorporate instanced PvP into the overall campaign.
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Micallef wrote: »
    Lhorion wrote: »

Where did you say this? Well..... Maybe by voting against it while there isn't any argument? Your agrument is not a really good one, because people are leaving at the moment. The missing instanced pvp makes the, leave the game! An instanced pvp would not split the community more than current Cyrodil do. An instanced pvp would hold many people that would do open world pvp, too.

So my disagreeing with you makes mine a bad argument. Got it.
    You're more and more sounding like someone interested in selling something rather than finding out about different (or differing) opinions.

So here's a hyperbole for you, and then I'm gone from this pretentious thread.
    This thread (and others like it) is like me subscribing to a Hello Kitty or Rainbow-Unicorn-Pony game and then going to their forums and ask: so where's the PVP? I wants tanks and automatic weapons! Nao!

Your argument is not bad because disagreeing, it is bad because not having instanced pvp make people leaving, not having instanced pvp. If there would be instanced pvp beeing part of the Aliance War there wouldn't so many people leave this game.
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Take my money.
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO, I don't want it at all!
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    I don't want it right now because I believe they are already missed pvp opportunities in this game that should be done before (justice system PVP for example). But if that would be to happen, I wouldn't want a 4vs4vs4 kind of arena but more a deathmatch arena where you only have one chance in a more realistic way.

Sure they have to do many things and some things before instanced pvp.... But why you vote for "no" if you would enjoy some kind of instanced pvp, too?

0 poll options.. it's not black and white...
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lhorion my opinion is no. I don't like arenas. I gave some of the reasons why I don't like it, the part that is more than just personal preference.

I get that you are not very interested in reasons, and that is your prerogative, but stop implying that my opinion is something other than I stated.
  • Ryuho
    Ryuho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Yes, Yes.. for Arena/small scale !! <3

No, no, no for brainless zerglings !!

a9a50aafabd28f3307c65c3d0d0bc4badde6cb29abcc0032.jpg
    The Farron family team (EU)
    sorcerer - Rubeus Farron AR31
    templar - Selene Farron AR27
    nightblade - Ryuho Farron AR25
    stamplar - Nura Farron AR10
    stamsorcerer - Kitty Farron AR14 (adopted member)
    DK - Ryu Farron AR17

RETIRED

CU - next mmo
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keron wrote: »
    @Lhorion my opinion is no. I don't like arenas. I gave some of the reasons why I don't like it, the part that is more than just personal preference.

I get that you are not very interested in reasons, and that is your prerogative, but stop implying that my opinion is something other than I stated.

I am always interested in arguments. But "I don't like it" isn't an argument. Most of the haters arguments are exactly this: They don't like it (maybe because they are not good in smallscale or because they want to farm duelers, or because they just want open pvp).
    "I don't like it" is countered by "You don't have to play it".
    "It will split the community" could be answered by "No, it would hold the community. Not having instanced pvp will split it."
    "It will destroy balance" could be answered by "No, at the moment smallscale-balance is Not destroying bigscale."

So... You seem to be not interested in arguments.
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want it right now because I believe they are already missed pvp opportunities in this game that should be done before (justice system PVP for example). But if that would be to happen, I wouldn't want a 4vs4vs4 kind of arena but more a deathmatch arena where you only have one chance in a more realistic way.

Sure they have to do many things and some things before instanced pvp.... But why you vote for "no" if you would enjoy some kind of instanced pvp, too?

0 poll options.. it's not black and white...

This is about the question if there should any kind of instanced pvp. You voted "No". That is okay, but why exactly are you part of the "Arena"-guild? ;)
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is about the question if there should any kind of instanced pvp. You voted "No". That is okay, but why exactly are you part of the "Arena"-guild? ;)

I am not. You must be mistaken and think I am someone else. There are other false gods out there (in AD I believe) but I am the only one with the right spelling on EU server and I am not in this guild.

I said no because I believe it should not be a priority to Zenimax and they should focus on other PVP instances they promised (Cyrodiil & justice system) although I agreed that in some way it could be fun -as long as it is epic and realistic.
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on April 23, 2015 1:13PM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/165653/request-for-a-arena#latest
  • Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am always interested in arguments. But "I don't like it" isn't an argument. Most of the haters arguments are exactly this: They don't like it (maybe because they are not good in smallscale or because they want to farm duelers, or because they just want open pvp).
    "It will split the community" could be answered by "No, it would hold the community. Not having instanced pvp will split it."
    "It will destroy balance" could be answered by "No, at the moment smallscale-balance is Not destroying bigscale."

Oh, that is rich. Read my initial post again and try to understand it, then.
  • Valnas
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you add a third option where zenimax spitefully says "WE DON'T WANT CUSTOMERS, *** YOU THATS WHY" so i can choose what i believe.
    Fluph Head EP sorc dank magus
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't want instanced small scale. I don't want a perfectly square and fair encounter in a given map that is always the same.
    What I want is small scale in Cyrodil. I want something that is player generated, spontaneous and never the same. I want the map to be used in it's entirety, not just the roads between keeps.

Right now you say people who want smallscale are driven out of cyro anyways because there are only zergs and lag. Yes that is half true. But if one day lag is fixed (oh god one day plz), and there are arenas, there will be no small scale players left and no open world pvp basically, just zerg vs zerg running between 2 keeps and thats it ! Such a waste of Cyrodil's potential.

What I want is new objectives in Cyro. Not a ctf or some mini game, i want something that actually rewards the player, but that is a waste of time to do in bigger groups than 8-10 players. It can be something bigger than a ressource, but smaller than an outpost that for example gives access to somes crafting nodes when you capture it. That way it's useless for a zerg, as having 40 people fight over a few columbines is stupid, but useful for a small group that has a crafter who makes pots for everyone in the group you know?

And it doesn't have to be crafting nodes, it can be a special siege merchant that sells siege that lasts longer or that you can place/remove faster, could be access to a portal that teleports you to another side of the map where there is a similar outpost (that you have to control) or just another quest hub like a village but that is capturable so that only your faction can turn in quests over there.

Any smaller objective like that creates additional player traffic in otherwise empty zones, creates huge amounts of small scale encounters which is exactly what i'm looking for.

A couple of days ago I had a fight somewhere east of BRK mine, beyond the travelling routes that was something like 6 v 10. It was the most fun I've had in a long while simply because it was set in a different place than usual, and I could play with the environment a lot more.

Instanced arenas and battlegrounds are fun at first but become extremely boring after a while, because it's the same exact scenario everytime, and it's not open world,

Open world means always looking around for enemies, and you don't see a big count down before a fight starts, you get hit by an unsuspected arrow of fall upon an enemy group behind a rock !
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taonnor wrote: »
    1. We have to meet somewhere in Cyrodil and this place is full of lag at primetime.

Yes, thats true. So, try to use an empty campaign. Or @ZOS creates a new specific campaign.
    2. Everyone can crush this fights and many people do this.

Did you played DAoC? The 8vs8 community was officially sworn in, that they stopped the fight and killed the crushers. That was a realy great community, i loved it. I think, instanced pvp like arenas will never bring this type of community again.
    3. It is a different between just a 4vs4 and a programed instance with rules, flags to capture, usw.

I played WARHAMMER and GW2. Both games had instanced battlegrounds / arenas. And i can say it will be boring very fast. There is no thrill like in open world small scale pvp. So i prognosticate, if arenas will come out, there will be a short phase all will it play and then it will be boring and the arena / small scale players will go away from the game.

Thats simply not true, my gw2 guild [Buka] is pretty known for smallscale in wvw (youtube: Vashury) and we have a team running ESL tpvp league as well. Gw2 high level tpvp in EU is pretty stable. NA tpvp is dead and was always.

It`s more like that: I could never convince the best players of my guild or tpvp in general from gw2 to join eso because it lacks a competitive instanced ELO ladder. Even if they wvw (ava) a lot. That`s a loss for ESO.

Just because you find it boring, doesnt mean it doesnt work....

Offtopic: @Lhorion: Does your team play ESL in gw2? Or just wvw?

Edited by Mojomonkeyman on April 23, 2015 1:58PM
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. We have to meet somewhere in Cyrodil and this place is full of lag at primetime.

Yes, thats true. So, try to use an empty campaign. Or @ZOS creates a new specific campaign.

Did you played DAoC? The 8vs8 community was officially sworn in, that they stopped the fight and killed the crushers. That was a realy great community, i loved it. I think, instanced pvp like arenas will never bring this type of community again.
    3. It is a different between just a 4vs4 and a programed instance with rules, flags to capture, usw.

I played WARHAMMER and GW2. Both games had instanced battlegrounds / arenas. And i can say it will be boring very fast. There is no thrill like in open world small scale pvp. So i prognosticate, if arenas will come out, there will be a short phase all will it play and then it will be boring and the arena / small scale players will go away from the game.

Thats simply not true, my gw2 guild [Buka] is pretty known for smallscale in wvw (youtube: Vashury) and we have a team running ESL tpvp league as well. Gw2 high level tpvp in EU is pretty stable. NA tpvp is dead and was always.

It`s more like that: I could never convince the best players of my guild or tpvp in general from gw2 to join eso because it lacks a competitive instanced ELO ladder. Even if they wvw (ava) a lot. That`s a loss for ESO.

Not everything requires a ladder to be fun.. If you truly love smallscale and have fun fighting small groups, you don't need that special title / rank /mmr for everyone to see. If you're good, people will know you anyways
    DAoC 8V8 is unmatched.
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »

Not everything requires a ladder to be fun.. If you truly love smallscale and have fun fighting small groups, you don't need that special title / rank /mmr for everyone to see. If you're good, people will know you anyways
    DAoC 8V8 is unmatched.

I totally agree, but I just can`t see how pulling people in who love both and giving options to them would be a bad thing. My comment was based on the quoted guy stating:"the combination doesnt work, because I played gw2 and I know whats up!", which simply isn`t true.

It`s more like wvw (ava) population in gw2 is declining while instanced pvp is getting healthier every day. Tpvp players don`t need rewards or other stuff, they just need a ladder and lagfree environment (+ a bit of dev dedication to pvp balance) and they`re fine.
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would play in arenas if they were created. But i would much rather have smallscale in Cyro than in an instanced place. Read my post right above for more explanation ^^
    And if you make arenas, you completely kill smallscale in cyro while only maintaining the zerg gameplay
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would play in arenas if they were created. But i would much rather have smallscale in Cyro than in an instanced place. Read my post right above for more explanation ^^
    And if you make arenas, you completely kill smallscale in cyro while only maintaining the zerg gameplay

Well, in my experience that was not the case in gw2... why would it be here (structured killing open world smallscale)? I also prefer open world solo/smallscale roaming, but where`s your argument on why you think that would be the case? 2 years of gw2 coexistence prove that`s not necessarily happening.
    Edited by Mojomonkeyman on April 23, 2015 2:14PM
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well, in my experience that was not the case in gw2... why would it be here (structured killing open world smallscale)? I also prefer open world solo/smallscale roaming, but where`s your argument on why you think that would be the case? 2 years of gw2 coexistence prove that`s not necessarily happening.

I've never set foot in GW2 so I wouldn't know about that, but in my view :
    if you only have cyro, 100% of the small scale players are in cyro
    if you have arenas as well, let's say 50 % of small scale players prefer instanced pvp, that means all the people in cyro have a harder time to find fights, and as time goes by, a few will think, f*** it, i don't have time to look for a fight , i'll just tag to an arena and i'll be fighting in 1 min. Thus reducing the number of players in cyro and the cycle continues.

It's just like wayshrines (a bit off topic i'll agree), I looooove travelling from one palce to another, I would much prefer having to walk with my gruop to reach a dungeon rather than porting inside. But we can, so not porting would mean loosing time and costing time for my group members as well. It's the exact same thing for instanced pvp, why waste time looking for a fight when you can be lazy and wait in a queue?
    I hope that made sense haha
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    haven´t observed one pvp game that did not went down the pipe relying on instanced pvp... (name it gw2, swtor, warhammer, aion list goes on and on...)
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, that is rich. Read my initial post again and try to understand it, then.

Oh I don't think you understand me. You don't like arenas, fine. But your arguments besides the personal meaning... Well.. You think instanced pvp will change things into bad, but it won't because a) having no instanced pvp would change it into even worse or b) it happens without instanced pvp, too.
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not. You must be mistaken and think I am someone else. There are other false gods out there (in AD I believe) but I am the only one with the right spelling on EU server and I am not in this guild.

I said no because I believe it should not be a priority to Zenimax and they should focus on other PVP instances they promised (Cyrodiil & justice system) although I agreed that in some way it could be fun -as long as it is epic and realistic.
    Okay, so I meant a player that is called similar to you, sry.
  • Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, argue your points. Stating "it will be good because it will be worse if we don't" is kind of the same as saying "i don't like it".

Your initial reply to my post glossed over almost all of the points I made and gave little insight as to why you think otherwise.
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »
    haven´t observed one pvp game that did not went down the pipe relying on instanced pvp... (name it gw2, swtor, warhammer, aion list goes on and on...)

With ESO you have one game that goes down relying on having no smallscale pvp.
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, argue your points. Stating "it will be good because it will be worse if we don't" is kind of the same as saying "i don't like it".

Your initial reply to my post glossed over almost all of the points I made and gave little insight as to why you think otherwise.

So you did not answer to my thoughts.
    Zenimax is working in a balance for smallscale and bigscale since beta, this would not be a new thing that could destroy anything.
    Discussions about sorcs we should do in other threads...
    You did not answer to my thoughts about rewards/AP.

Maybe you don't think about this theme, maybe you just copy/paste your old textes from summer 2014? Maybe, maybe not... Who knows.
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People didn't buy the game for small scale.
    It was advertised as massive pvp. 100s v. 100s v. 100s.
    They should fix the as advertised parts of their game before anything.
    ANYTHING.

Ah yes ofcourse, but so far it's been over a year and Cyrodiil has only gotten worse and worse, the guild I was leading is mostly done. There are still people playing, mostly solo, but a lot of my good friends quit, small scale players and players that don't like to zerg all the time will quit the game and all the game will be is indeed 100v100v100, with ofcourse 999+ ping, 10 fps, and the occasional crash. ZOS can't fix it, tbh they should just give us the imperial city, be done with it, abandon Cyrodiil, and if there are still any PvPers left in the game that don't like running with a 40 man blob, then ZOS should focus on more small scale and objective based PvP. Zerging is a mindless tactic that achieves nothing, but if you enjoy that kind of gameplay running between Sej and BRK all day long, every single day, fair enough.

Next argument please.
    Edited by ThyIronFist on April 23, 2015 2:47PM
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ESO is going down because of ZOS lack of manpower handling console release and fixing net- and gamecode at the same time.
    Edited by Tankqull on April 23, 2015 2:47PM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ESO is going down because of ZOS lack of manpower handling console release and fixing net- and gamecode at the same time.

It is not just bugs and lag that makes people leaving. The perma-zerg is a reason, too.
  • Astien
    Astien
    ✭✭✭✭
    +1
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be ok with larger scale instanced PvP ( 12v12v12 or larger) but absolutely no Arena as this would be a cesspool of exploits/cheating/bugs to make your way up the "ladder".