The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Up-to-date-voting: Arena/Battlegrounds/instanced pvp

Lhorion
Lhorion
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey,
first of all I want to ask you reading this text before spamming your "yes, yes, yes" or "no, no, no". If it is important for you having/not having stuff I suggest, then read.
I know that there are many threads about it, but there is not a single up-to-date voting I have found. There are votings, but they all are from summer 2014.
Why do we need a new voting? The answer is simple: The game changed a lot and the community changed.
The pvp became worse and worse, the lag became worse and worse, the zerg became worse and worse and the communits changed cause of players leaving and starting ESO. So it is time for an up-to-date-voting.

This voting is just about the question: Should be there any kind of instanced pvp (Arena, Battlegrounds or stuff like this). It is not about a specific Arena like in Oblivion, just the question if there should be a way to do instanced pvp.

My arguments for this:

- People that loves smallscale pvp should be able to do it. Instanced 4vs4 for example gives this kind of players the chance to have hard and fair fights against other players that love smallscale.
- The lag became worse and worse and you need to enjoy the lag because of the fact that without lag there seems to be no fight. People that love bisscale pvp could still do the same, people that just want to explore Cyrodil could still do the same. And people that love smallscale could escape from the lag into difficulty fights with fun.
- Smallscale pvp is dead at the moment. For a couple of time I am trying to run aroung solo. Sometimes I meet a questing newbie in a quest village, but just once a few hours I meet a good enemie that is fun to fight. Many people in my guild (I can name Eisen-Faust, Faust, Naizz and a few more) take a break from ESO for playing GW2. Why? Because there isn't a chance for smallscale. Zenimax, you see: If you are doing nothing, you will loose good players that have been plaid since beta one by one.

Some guys that don't want such a pvp have arguments, too. I have found a few tha last months:

- We don't want it so nobody should do it!
(My answer: If you don't ant it then don't play this new kind of pvp, you can still zerg and farm a lot more AP)
- The smallscale players will have more loot, better things, etc.
(My answer: Why? We don't wanr separat loot, for me it was okay having the epic rewards we have in Cyrodil. And AP... I don't think that there would be more Ap than you can farm in a zerg or you can farm by capping a ressource again and again with a friendly zerg)
- Instanced pvp would destroy the pvp because of missing balance in the future.
(My answer: Are you serious? Every game has a few balance problems and ESO has it, too. But many changes since beta were changes that effected smallscale, not bigscale. At the moment smallscalefights (when you find them) are great and enjoyable. So there CAN exist smallscale and bigscale side by side. Do you realls thing that a class balanced for smallscale does not work in bigscale? Since beta the balance that was intended was for BOTH, for bigscale and for smallscale. Si I don't think this is a true argument.
- Cyrodil would die because many people would run to smallscale.
(My answer: Cyrodil is dying because many people that would do smyllscale run away.)

Please vote and please (pleaase) bring some arguments if you don't agree. Would be nice to know why you are scared of this.
Edited by Lhorion on April 23, 2015 9:45AM

Up-to-date-voting: Arena/Battlegrounds/instanced pvp 261 votes

YES, I want instanced pvp (Arena/Battleground/stuff like this)!
75%
PoxheartDaenerysNivzruo_ESOEvandusbosmern_ESOWolfaenSythiasYolokin_SwagonbornHagbard_OMJSeymour421b14a_ESOBouvinArmitasAstienParadoxZhoyzuForestd16b14_ESOAntirobPerphectionHeroOfNoneSarevok_Anchev 197 votes
NO, I don't want it at all!
24%
cozmon3c_ESOakredon_ESOAlomarkevlarto_ESORook_Masterjoshisanonymousprose08b14a_ESOSaint_JiubB14_ESOXaelAnnraMorvulTaonnorTankqullEtanielTurelusRebkwisatzOlympiosdennissomb16_ESOCyrdemaceb17_ESO 64 votes
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People didn't buy the game for small scale.
    It was advertised as massive pvp. 100s v. 100s v. 100s.
    They should fix the as advertised parts of their game before anything.
    ANYTHING.

I want all the stuff you mention, but only after the main part works as advertised and only if they can assure any new pvp content will also work. By working I mean balanced and physically working without lag and such.
    They only now began to get a good balance, but a little more tweaking is required.

Edited by NadiusMaximus on April 23, 2015 8:50AM
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ANYTHING.

I agree, they have to fix many things. But why ther cannot exist smallscale + bigscale?
    Bringing an 4vs4 Arena for example would be easy, because they have one programed yet.
  • Honfold
    Honfold
    ✭✭✭
    I would like something other than the same battles over and over again. Give people a reason to leave the zerg lines. Make use out of the excellent terrain you have developed zenimax! Most of the northern map isn't even touched by players.

I think that instanced pvp could really hurt cyrodiil but I am more convinced that zenimax will not be able to fix the lag or add significant pvp content in cyrodiil anytime soon.

Maybe a "proving grounds" area could be added to cyrodiil. Of course there would need to be a mechanism to prevent trolling.

• Micallef
    Micallef
    ✭✭✭
    ANYTHING.

This
    I bought the game for massive pvp. I love the vastness of Cyrodiil and the possibilities it offers.
    If I wanted "cage fights" I would have picked a game that caters to that.
  • Taonnor
    Taonnor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say no.

Because i do not want to split the pvp community to Arena/BG's and Open World. This split not worked in Warhammer Online and GW2. So i do not want it too in ESO.

I'm a friend of community selfmade small scale like in DAoC, called "8vs8" zone.

So... If you realy realy want small scale, search peoples and start it!
    Guild

Gildenleiter von Lux Dei (EU/AD). Offizieller Gildenspotlight für ESOTU!
    Guild leader of Lux Dei (EU/AD). Official Guild Spotlight for ESOTU!

Addons & Guides

ESOUI Author Portal: Taonnor
    Addons: Taos AP Session, Taos Group Tools

Myth AoE Cap: DE Mythos AoE Cap // EN Myth AoE Cap

What should i change in ESO: DE [DGR] Was würde ich an ESO verändern - "Der große Rundumschlag" // EN [TWS] What should i change in ESO – „The sweeping statement“

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
    Thao Annare, Nightblade
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Micallef wrote: »
    ANYTHING.

This
    I bought the game for massive pvp. I love the vastness of Cyrodiil and the possibilities it offers.
    If I wanted "cage fights" I would have picked a game that caters to that.

If there is an arena you can still have massive pvp. Why don't you want that that huge number of players that would enjoy instanced pvp have their fun?
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taonnor wrote: »
    I say no.

Because i do not want to split the pvp community to Arena/BG's and Open World. This split not worked in Warhammer Online and GW2. So i do not want it too in ESO.

I'm a friend of community selfmade small scale like in DAoC, called "8vs8" zone.

So... If you realy realy want small scale, search peoples and start it!

It wont split the community. Many players will play both (me, too). But at the moment the game is splitted:

- Massive pvp fanboy zerg through the lag
    - Smallscale players LEAVE the game

Is this what you want?
  • Raizin
    Raizin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lhorion wrote: »
    Hey,
    first of all I want to ask you reading this text before spamming your "yes, yes, yes" or "no, no, no". If it is important for you having/not having stuff I suggest, then read.
    I know that there are many threads about it, but there is not a single up-to-date voting I have found. There are votings, but they all are from summer 2014.
    Why do we need a new voting? The answer is simple: The game changed a lot and the community changed.
    The pvp became worse and worse, the lag became worse and worse, the zerg became worse and worse and the communits changed cause of players leaving and starting ESO. So it is time for an up-to-date-voting.

This voting is just about the question: Should be there any kind of instanced pvp (Arena, Battlegrounds or stuff like this). It is not about a specific Arena like in Oblivion, just the question if there should be a way to do instanced pvp.

My arguments for this:

- People that loves smallscale pvp should be able to do it. Instanced 4vs4 for example gives this kind of players the chance to have hard and fair fights against other players that love smallscale.
    - The lag became worse and worse and you need to enjoy the lag because of the fact that without lag there seems to be no fight. People that love bisscale pvp could still do the same, people that just want to explore Cyrodil could still do the same. And people that love smallscale could escape from the lag into difficulty fights with fun.
    - Smallscale pvp is dead at the moment. For a couple of time I am trying to run aroung solo. Sometimes I meet a questing newbie in a quest village, but just once a few hours I meet a good enemie that is fun to fight. Many people in my guild (I can name Eisen-Faust, Faust, Naizz and a few more) take a break from ESO for playing GW2. Why? Because there isn't a chance for smallscale. Zenimax, you see: If you are doing nothing, you will loose good players that have been plaid since beta one by one.

Some guys that don't want such a pvp have arguments, too. I have found a few tha last months:

- We don't want it so nobody should do it!
    (My answer: If you don't ant it then don't play this new kind of pvp, you can still zerg and farm a lot more AP)
    - The smallscale players will have more loot, better things, etc.
    (My answer: Why? We don't wanr separat loot, for me it was okay having the epic rewards we have in Cyrodil. And AP... I don't think that there would be more Ap than you can farm in a zerg or you can farm by capping a ressource again and again with a friendly zerg)
    - Instanced pvp would destroy the pvp because of missing balance in the future.
    (My answer: Are you serious? Every game has a few balance problems and ESO has it, too. But many changes since beta were changes that effected smallscale, not bigscale. At the moment smallscalefights (when you find them) are great and enjoyable. So there CAN exist smallscale and bigscale side by side. Do you realls thing that a class balanced for smallscale does not work in bigscale? Since beta the balance that was intended was for BOTH, for bigscale and for smallscale. Si I don't think this is a true argument.
    - Cyrodil would die because many people would run to smallscale.
    (My answer: Cyrodil is dying because many people that would do smyllscale run away.)

Please vote and please (pleaase) bring some arguments if you don't agree. Would be nice to know why you are scared of this.

when the things that are broken, are fixed i want more stuff then.
    HellSeesYou = v16/AD/Rank 37-Former emp/EU TB-AZura(Old Auriels Bow badass) ___ Vampire Templar/Resto/Destro staff user from Banana squad
    HellSeesAll - v16/EP/Rank 19 Magicka NB/Necrotic Lag member
    HellSeesUs - v16/AD/Rank 18 Stamina Templar
  • Taonnor
    Taonnor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It wont split the community. Many players will play both (me, too). But at the moment the game is splitted:

Is this what you want?

No, definitively not.

But, what stops the small scale players to play in Cyrodiil with his own rules? Why nobody starts a 4vs4 thread and calling official zones for 4vs4 fights? Why must be ZOS implement it, when we as community can already do it?

Edit: Or another idea. @ZOS why you not start community 4vs4 events on a specific campaign? You can open much campaigns as you want. This is a fast way to give the players an official 4vs4 zone and the community can play with his 4vs4 rules there.
    Edited by Taonnor on April 23, 2015 10:29AM
    Guild

Addons & Guides

What should i change in ESO: DE [DGR] Was würde ich an ESO verändern - "Der große Rundumschlag" // EN [TWS] What should i change in ESO – „The sweeping statement“

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
    Thao Annare, Nightblade
  • Micallef
    Micallef
    ✭✭✭
    If there is an arena you can still have massive pvp. Why don't you want that that huge number of players that would enjoy instanced pvp have their fun?

Where did I say that I don't want those people to have their fun?
    I thought I made it clear that what's important is the choice of game that caters to a particular taste.

Why buy ESO if it clearly does not have what you want?
    I'm with B. Wheeler on this one; other PVP options would dilute Cyrodiil, therefore that's where PVP should stay.
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this what you want?

No, definitively not.

But, what stops the small scale players to play in Cyrodiil with his own rules? Why nobody starts a 4vs4 thread and calling official zones for 4vs4 fights? Why must be ZOS implement it, when we as community can already do it?

Edit: Or another idea. @ZOS why you not start community 4vs4 events on a specific campaign? You can open much campaigns as you want. This is a fast way to give the players an official 4vs4 zone and the community can play with his 4vs4 rules there.

Many smallscale fans will play instanced pvp and Cyrodil, because both have his nice sides. The ones that just want to play one kind of pvp could do that. Many smallscale lovers are alliance rank 30+ so they enjoyed open pvp, too (well... i hope so). I don't think they wont play open world pvp anymore.

Why we don't organize pvp events? Believe me, we do! I am in two guilds that have just one goal: Organizing duels or 2vs2/3vs3/4vs4.
    We do this, but
    1. We have to meet somewhere in Cyrodil and this place is full of lag at primetime.
    2. Everyone can crush this fights and many people do this.
    3. It is a different between just a 4vs4 and a programed instance with rules, flags to capture, usw.
    Micallef wrote: »

Where did I say that I don't want those people to have their fun?
    I thought I made it clear that what's important is the choice of game that caters to a particular taste.

Why buy ESO if it clearly does not have what you want?
    I'm with B. Wheeler on this one; other PVP options would dilute Cyrodiil, therefore that's where PVP should stay.

Where did you say this? Well..... Maybe by voting against it while there isn't any argument? Your agrument is not a really good one, because people are leaving at the moment. The missing instanced pvp makes the, leave the game! An instanced pvp would not split the community more than current Cyrodil do. An instanced pvp would hold many people that would do open world pvp, too.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they would make small grps competetive, fix the lag and finally find a way to discourage running with 24ppl all in vigor range without lags - yeah i´d be for option b).

I don´t believe ZOS can deliver on that so please for the love of god give us instanced lagfree pvp.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Taonnor
    Taonnor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. We have to meet somewhere in Cyrodil and this place is full of lag at primetime.

Yes, thats true. So, try to use an empty campaign. Or @ZOS creates a new specific campaign.

Did you played DAoC? The 8vs8 community was officially sworn in, that they stopped the fight and killed the crushers. That was a realy great community, i loved it. I think, instanced pvp like arenas will never bring this type of community again.
    3. It is a different between just a 4vs4 and a programed instance with rules, flags to capture, usw.

I played WARHAMMER and GW2. Both games had instanced battlegrounds / arenas. And i can say it will be boring very fast. There is no thrill like in open world small scale pvp. So i prognosticate, if arenas will come out, there will be a short phase all will it play and then it will be boring and the arena / small scale players will go away from the game.
    Guild

Addons & Guides

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
    Thao Annare, Nightblade
  • Prokonto
    Prokonto
    ✭✭✭
    Do U realise that ppl which dont like cyro puggy style orvr dont play it allredy at all like i myself in fact standing at doors to leave game and those who love cyro like it is will keep play it no matter what? Instanced pvp can only help eso it cant break big scale rvr.
    Other case is that if U say so U just agree that cyro is crap in current state if any other mode could pull off most playerbase from it....
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, thats true. So, try to use an empty campaign. Or @ZOS creates a new specific campaign.

Did you played DAoC? The 8vs8 community was officially sworn in, that they stopped the fight and killed the crushers. That was a realy great community, i loved it. I think, instanced pvp like arenas will never bring this type of community again.

I played WARHAMMER and GW2. Both games had instanced battlegrounds / arenas. And i can say it will be boring very fast. There is no thrill like in open world small scale pvp. So i prognosticate, if arenas will come out, there will be a short phase all will it play and then it will be boring and the arena / small scale players will go away from the game.

1. At the primetime every campagn is full of lagg. When Zenimax is creating a campagn for this they can creat instanced pvp as well.... Why the campagn if there is just smallscale?
    2. I played other games, too. In LOTRO for example we had to do duels/2vs/etc. somewhere in the map, too. And we fought the crusher, but... Often a huge number of crusher same/comes and THIS is boring.
    3. I disagree. I enjoyed the arena i GW and if I am bored -> I join Cyrodil for open pvp. Simple, isn't it?
  • Taonnor
    Taonnor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. At the primetime every campagn is full of lagg. When Zenimax is creating a campagn for this they can creat instanced pvp as well.... Why the campagn if there is just smallscale?

I think we speak from different megaservers. On the EU megaserver there are not much lag on specific campaigns, because they are not all full.
    2. I played other games, too. In LOTRO for example we had to do duels/2vs/etc. somewhere in the map, too. And we fought the crusher, but... Often a huge number of crusher same/comes and THIS is boring.

Yes! Thats realy boring! :D
    3. I disagree. I enjoyed the arena i GW and if I am bored -> I join Cyrodil for open pvp. Simple, isn't it?

So you are one of the few peoples they like both. But what is with that peoples they like only small scale? Did you played GW so long if you only played arenas?
    Guild

Addons & Guides

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
    Thao Annare, Nightblade
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    anything to avoid the lag.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think we speak from different megaservers. On the EU megaserver there are not much lag on specific campaigns, because they are not all full.

I think he speaks of the EU megaserver, wich seems to have a higher PvP population atm - at times, all campaigns are locked for all factions.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Taonnor
    Taonnor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »

I think he speaks of the EU megaserver, wich seems to have a higher PvP population atm - at times, all campaigns are locked for all factions.

So play AD faction Azuras Star there is never a queue.
    Guild

Addons & Guides

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
    Thao Annare, Nightblade
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am EU, too. In the evening weaponswap, charges, leaps, etc are grap :(

The Arena guild on the EU server is full of 500 people that loves smallscale. From this people maaaaany loves open pvp, too. I am not the only one. And I don't want to have just a 4vs4 fight I can have organizied for my own. What's about an 4vs4 operation explained by the Cyrodil War lore? Like a fight about an important artifact in a dungeon or stuff like this. There could be a few smallscale instances beeing part of the Alliance war lore so it would not be just a 4vs4. Maybe it could be just entered from some points in Cyrodil or mayyyybe at some time (when the emp keeps are captured there might be a 4vs4 instance for a couple of hours)... Just thoughts.... Just smallscale/instanced pvp content. How it is exactly.... Don't know.
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »

So play AD faction Azuras Star there is never a queue.

But DC and often EP makes the campagn full enough for the horrible lag. Azuras is my home campagn. :p
  • Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have cast my vote and it has not changed from last year.

If it would be an arena system that is completely without consequence on gameplay outside the arena, then yes. That would mean no item rewards, no alliance points or ranks, no champion points.

Reason is still the same as before: The way the game is built right now, it is impossible to balance the classes. Bear with me for a few sentences before you explode in denial of this statement.

I agree, that for every class there is a setup that is competitive. Nonetheless, this would either narrow down the playable builds extremely or require extensive remodeling to broaden the options. This, of course, would undoubtly have an influence on the other areas of gameplay, and the friction between AvA and PvE players is large enough as is.

I could as well bring up the fact that some classes have an easier road to be competitive than others, player skill wise. As that, in essence, is part of the arena gameplay principle, I will not make a serious argument of this.

Also, at least one class would have to be completely redesigned, this being the sorceror of course. Its strength right now depends on mobility to a large extend. If you create an arena environment that caters to this need, you'd invalidate the less mobile classes, that depend on "short range" gap closers. In this sense, environment would again have a large influence on arena gameplay - which is against the point.

Now for the second part, rewards, be they items or AP. There is a direct contention between AvA since both areas favour similar equipment and stats. Once you would have separate routes to this equipment, you'd again create a friction point.

Especially if the ladder system is the same (AP scoreboard), the routes of gain would need to be balanced to offer similar advancement for comparable effort. The whole arena system would need to be tailored to not make it possible to exceed the gains possible right now for the top end players while making sure that the lower end players would still be able to gain.

This is another mine field of balancing headache, of which we already have enough.

So in summary, even though I absolutely don't begrudge this field of play to those who want it, I am of the firm opinion that the consequences of introducing it would kill this game - at least at the moment. It could very well be a possibility in the future, when and if the current state of the game is resolved.
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keron wrote: »
    I have cast my vote and it has not changed from last year.

If it would be an arena system that is completely without consequence on gameplay outside the arena, then yes. That would mean no item rewards, no alliance points or ranks, no champion points.

Then you should have voted "yes", because this voting is just about any instanced pvp per se. It is not about any specific kind of instanced pvp.
    Reason is still the same as before: The way the game is built right now, it is impossible to balance the classes. Bear with me for a few sentences before you explode in denial of this statement.

I agree, that for every class there is a setup that is competitive. Nonetheless, this would either narrow down the playable builds extremely or require extensive remodeling to broaden the options. This, of course, would undoubtly have an influence on the other areas of gameplay, and the friction between AvA and PvE players is large enough as is.

I could as well bring up the fact that some classes have an easier road to be competitive than others, player skill wise. As that, in essence, is part of the arena gameplay principle, I will not make a serious argument of this.

Also, at least one class would have to be completely redesigned, this being the sorceror of course. Its strength right now depends on mobility to a large extend. If you create an arena environment that caters to this need, you'd invalidate the less mobile classes, that depend on "short range" gap closers. In this sense, environment would again have a large influence on arena gameplay - which is against the point.

Well... Like the game is at the moment smallscale pvp would be great (if there would be any sort of it). The balance pathed last year included smallsale changes so... nothing would change. Balance problems will be there if with or withour instanced pvp.
    Sorcs are strong in smallscale (even in limited areas) at the moment. Don't see the problem. Limited areas with corners and stuff like this will help them even more in some situations. [/quote]
    Now for the second part, rewards, be they items or AP. There is a direct contention between AvA since both areas favour similar equipment and stats. Once you would have separate routes to this equipment, you'd again create a friction point.

Especially if the ladder system is the same (AP scoreboard), the routes of gain would need to be balanced to offer similar advancement for comparable effort. The whole arena system would need to be tailored to not make it possible to exceed the gains possible right now for the top end players while making sure that the lower end players would still be able to gain.

This is another mine field of balancing headache, of which we already have enough.

So in summary, even though I absolutely don't begrudge this field of play to those who want it, I am of the firm opinion that the consequences of introducing it would kill this game - at least at the moment. It could very well be a possibility in the future, when and if the current state of the game is resolved.

ZOS would have to balance the rewards and because of this you don't want it? After this logic they dhould never add any kind of content, because they would have to balance it.
    it is very easy to program that the AP gained in this instances don't count on the leaderboard if this is the point. But... Do you really think this would go faster than the usuall emperor-farmers that farm their friends at a ressource?
    Edited by Lhorion on April 23, 2015 12:24PM
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (sry for the second post)
    Edited by Lhorion on April 23, 2015 12:22PM
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like it. But I don't agree that there aren't small scale fights in cyrodiil, mostly you have to observe the map a lot and figure out where to find them.. And yes, sometimes you will suddenly get run over by a train of 100 newbs spamming Jesus beam and crit charge. Death is inevitable.. but there are good lag free fights to be had. Be prepared to hop campaigns a lot though.
  • Taonnor
    Taonnor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's about an 4vs4 operation explained by the Cyrodil War lore? Like a fight about an important artifact in a dungeon or stuff like this. There could be a few smallscale instances beeing part of the Alliance war lore so it would not be just a 4vs4.

Thats an awesome idea! I like that idea. If the instances a part of the campaign i can conform with that. For example Wins/Losses go as points into campaign progress. @ZOS_BrianWheeler :wink:

But DC and often EP makes the campagn full enough for the horrible lag. Azuras is my home campagn. :p

Nice to hear from an enemy. :blush:
    Guild

Addons & Guides

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
    Thao Annare, Nightblade
  • AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Open world PvP..... like Aion has..........

With Scaling for different areas and levels.
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want it right now because I believe there are already missed pvp opportunities in this game that must be done before (justice system PVP for example). But if that would be to happen, I wouldn't want a 4vs4vs4 kind of arena but more a deathmatch arena where you only have one chance in a more realistic way.
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on April 23, 2015 12:42PM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    I don't want it right now because I believe they are already missed pvp opportunities in this game that should be done before (justice system PVP for example). But if that would be to happen, I wouldn't want a 4vs4vs4 kind of arena but more a deathmatch arena where you only have one chance in a more realistic way.

Sure they have to do many things and some things before instanced pvp.... But why you vote for "no" if you would enjoy some kind of instanced pvp, too?
  • Micallef
    Micallef
    ✭✭✭

Where did you say this? Well..... Maybe by voting against it while there isn't any argument? Your agrument is not a really good one, because people are leaving at the moment. The missing instanced pvp makes the, leave the game! An instanced pvp would not split the community more than current Cyrodil do. An instanced pvp would hold many people that would do open world pvp, too.

So my disagreeing with you makes mine a bad argument. Got it.
    You're more and more sounding like someone interested in selling something rather than finding out about different (or differing) opinions.

So here's a hyperbole for you, and then I'm gone from this pretentious thread.
    This thread (and others like it) is like me subscribing to a Hello Kitty or Rainbow-Unicorn-Pony game and then going to their forums and ask: so where's the PVP? I wants tanks and automatic weapons! Nao!