The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Pixysticks PvP Video - Preview

• Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pixysticks wrote: »
    Hey guys, sorry I don't really have any experience in video editing so it might take a week or so to put everything together. Can anyone who does have a lot of experience tell me how to eliminate the resolution drop/grainy look the video has whenever I streak or roll-dodge? Here's a random clip to show you what I'm talking about; I've just been using Shadowplay then uploading straight to Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnOIlCnaFhY

Shadowplay no es bueno I hear. Trip was having grainy issues with it.
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, sorry I don't really have any experience in video editing so it might take a week or so to put everything together. Can anyone who does have a lot of experience tell me how to eliminate the resolution drop/grainy look the video has whenever I streak or roll-dodge? Here's a random clip to show you what I'm talking about; I've just been using Shadowplay then uploading straight to Youtube.
    It looks as clear as any video I've seen to me Pixy.

Are you sure you're just not watching it too soon before the High resolution versions are rendered in Youtube? Sometime that can take a couple hours after you upload until they're available.

Also youtube loves to recommend that you let them fix "Shaky cam" that they detected in your video. Obviously don't do that.

I don't have any experience uploading straight to Youtube as I do all my preprocessing beforehand. I also use the oldschool resolution on my monitor (16:10 versus 16:9) at 2560X1600 so my recordings end up having side bars on them in Youtube.
    Edited by Ezareth on April 24, 2015 10:13PM
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »

Are you sure you're just not watching it too soon before the High resolution versions are rendered in Youtube? Sometime that can take a couple hours after you upload until they're available.

Also youtube loves to recommend that you let them fix "Shaky cam" that they detected in your video. Obviously don't do that.

I don't have any experience uploading straight to Youtube as I do all my preprocessing beforehand. I also use the oldschool resolution on my monitor (16:10 versus 16:9) at 2560X1600 so my recordings end up having side bars on them in Youtube.

Yeah but if you watch that video I just linked in 1080p, don't you see it get grainy and out of focus whenever I dodge roll or streak? It doesn't look like that if I watch it before uploading it to youtube, but after I do I just notice it.
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »

Yeah but if you watch that video I just linked in 1080p, don't you see it get grainy and out of focus whenever I dodge roll or streak? It doesn't look like that if I watch it before uploading it to youtube, but after I do I just notice it.

When I maximize it appears crystal clear after the intial few seconds of loading which is normal for Youtube.

Keep mind though I'm on a 50MB down pipe and you published this video at 1080P60 which has twice the bandwidth requirements of a normal 1080P video. It's possible you're saturating your download capability of cacheing the video and thus youtube is downsampling it at moments. Just a guess, but I don't often see 1080P60 videos. It looks like a hell of a lot better quality than most videos I see, including my own I think.

Also keep in mind that youtube does preprocessing and compression on any videos to reduce the file size. When I upload a 200MB video, the Youtube download is a far smaller size than what I upload despite both being "1080P". The originals will always be higher quality than internet video.

Edited by Ezareth on April 24, 2015 10:26PM
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Does the original file on your computer look like that? If so you can't edit that out, that is your shadowplay not giving an ideal recording. I think it'll be because when you streak/dodge roll, the background moves so fast that it requires more frames and higher performance from your video card, your video card then can't cope with the set bit rate it's trying to record at so it records at slightly lower quality when your video card is under higher work load, not 100% sure on that though.
    Edited by IxSTALKERxI on April 24, 2015 11:01PM
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
    Options
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Does the original file on your computer look like that? If so you can't edit that out, that is your shadowplay not giving an ideal recording. I think it'll be because when you streak/dodge roll, the background moves so fast that it requires more frames and higher performance from your video card, your video card then can't cope with the set bit rate it's trying to record at so it records at slightly lower quality when your video card is under higher work load, not 100% sure on that though.

Nah, the video looks perfect, just after I upload it to youtube I notice it.
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
    Options
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Is the video file in H.264 format?
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Options
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is the video file in H.264 format?

It's an mp4, yeah.
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
    Options
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Basically the video bit rate is getting messed up for some reason when youtube processes it.
    Try using the settings here:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171
    Options
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A 5-man group I was in yesterday with my guild, got in some pretty long fights. Thought I would upload just a random clip of one of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06vyNnCXxv0
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run Shadowplay.

If you go to Google Chrome most of mine are 60 FPS

Options
  • Nala_
    Nala_
    ✭✭✭✭
    A 5-man group I was in yesterday with my guild, got in some pretty long fights. Thought I would upload just a random clip of one of them.

nice awareness there at 1:15 stopping that guy tryna rez, not that it mattered tho i guess since EP was zerging like madmen lmao. hurry up and finish this vid!
    Options
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good fight footage.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
    Options
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    hamon wrote: »
    one thing ive noticed with all you guys who make videos , is the constants. use of spell/weapon power pots.. thats nothing against you personally .

now whats the buff from those pots? 300 or something like that?

if it is its like having an extra set of MK or similar morag tong .. which is really significant.. i cant help but wonder how many of those fights you wouldn't look so uber if you wern't chugging pots to give you such a big chunk of extra damage all the time..

then in between those theres the tri pots as well . tri pots for try hards i guess. always gonna be try hards in every pvp game . but i actually hope when console comes round the console try hards dont adopt pot chugging.

they wont have all the combat addons telling them what to do and when , and most console try hards are used to not having to spam pots constantly .. they simply win or lose based on how they play.

With a base Spell Damage stat of 1887 a Spell Damage potion gives me a 360 point increase. The buff is Major Sorcery, so it is 20% of the character's value meaning the potions perform better on players who build for synergy with their benefits.
    Pixy gets the Major Sorcery buff off of Entropy, so the lack of using Spell Damage potions makes sense.

Also even have a jewelry enchantment to reduce potion cooldown by 5 seconds to keep 100% uptime.

Of course, all my potions are self-crafted from plants picked while PvEing so there is no cost to me aside from just casually playing the game.

Personally, my characters have been Master Alchemists in all the Elder Scrolls games they have been run through and will continue drinking potions in ESO.
    Guess combining that with using Purple Drinks as another player-crafted consumable for increased regen stats makes me doubly try hard. :(

Do not personally use add ons that notify me of the potion timer as the existing timer in the UI makes them redundant to me though.
    Only time will tell if console players ignore or abhor the use of consumables due to lack of add ons.

@Pixysticks nice video, looking forward to more.
    You are always good to see on the battlefield...from a distance...attacking people who aren't me.
    :)
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
    Options
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hamon wrote: »

Try hards this....potions that...bla bla

and addons shouting POTION READY

to make sure they dont go more thn a millisecond without a potion buffing them by a large amount.

Try hard and potions etc bla

Sounds personal.

Either way its a competative PVP game and why would u not run buffs that are readily available to everyone in the game. If you want to get all self-righteous and hamstring yourself in combat by the same logic im assuming you dont use heals or upgrade your gear (even though you have squillions of gold)?

Either way... dont come on the forums and cry about people who are better players than you (who i have no affiliation with) utilising normal game mechanics and abilities while playing the game as intended. And yes 'intended' includes the use of addons. Your protest is rediculous.

On a different note. Zos can we have hamon's tears as an alchemy solvent to craft v14 potions in 2.08. I would chug that. I would chug that all night.
    Edited by Haquor on April 27, 2015 12:23PM
    Options
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Man what are you doing to make people not want to target you, teach me lol.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
    Options
  • Roselle
    Roselle
    ✭✭✭✭

I had like 10 people on me or so. WTS pocket healing for alchemy flowerz. :open_mouth:
    This one was rekt by Zenimax
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Roselle wrote: »

I had like 10 people on me or so. WTS pocket healing for alchemy flowerz. :open_mouth:

Yeah the only thing higher on people's target list than a healing Templar is a white werewolf.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stay mobile, never stop moving, never make yourself an easy target. A target that is predictable, slow, etc. is easy for even bad players to lock down. Half the players in this game don't mouse turn.... so.... yeah.
    Edited by Huntler on April 27, 2015 5:37PM
    Options
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »
    Half the players in this game don't mouse turn.... so.... yeah.

GTFO! Default bindings are mouse turn. In Age of Conan the default bindings WERE NOT mouse turn and it was a freakin riot how many people tried to PVP while keyboard turning, but here, I can't see how anyone would intentionally switch to keyboard turn.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
    Options
  • Roselle
    Roselle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »

GTFO! Default bindings are mouse turn. In Age of Conan the default bindings WERE NOT mouse turn and it was a freakin riot how many people tried to PVP while keyboard turning, but here, I can't see how anyone would intentionally switch to keyboard turn.

*Backpedals around all of you...* B)
    This one was rekt by Zenimax
    Options
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »

The default bindings are not "mouse turn" in the traditional sense. Yes turning your mouse turns your camera, that is it. Mouse turning has a few more things involved there that with the default bindings can't be done. I ask you this, how many players in this game do you think move with the keyboard? Or run forward? Do they autorun? Are they using their mouse to run?
    Options
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yesterday I got to play my DC sorcerer with my guild and decided to try to look like Pixysticks and mimic his playstyle, which looks to me to be constantly moving.

So I went out and got the costume he's wearing, no streak yet since I'm only level 27, and just kept Unbounded Storm up. I have to say, I was hardly ever targeted. Hit so many players in the back with crystal fragments and Endless Fury. I had one hard cast crystal frag get interrupted.

Took the costume off and still wasn't targetted. However, kept unbounded storm up. I'm thinking it's just being mobile, I'm harder to target and annoying. Even though you would think unbounded storm would attract a lot attention like werewolf.

This was the non vet campaign, if it was vet I would have been targetted. People love going after non vets in the vet campaigns.
    Options