The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Pixysticks PvP Video - Preview

Pixysticks
Pixysticks
✭✭✭✭✭
1 Minute preview of my first PvP Video; thanks for checking it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQyrLt0zxPA
Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
  • Methuselah
    Methuselah
    ✭✭✭
    nice. finish it.
    Options
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shields OP nerf shields please. Other than that, very nice :D
    Options
  • Nala_
    Nala_
    ✭✭✭✭
    pixysticks = 3 sorcs
    Options
  • Roselle
    Roselle
    ✭✭✭✭
    commission__lily_loves_pixy_stix__by_equinox23-d5pqw5e.png
    This one was rekt by Zenimax
    Options
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kudos to the OP for showing footage against tough players.That killer cult clan is rough.
    Options
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need moar Huntler.
    Edited by Huntler on April 22, 2015 3:42AM
    Options
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good footage, but I've never seen those DC. Must play at a different time than me.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
    Options
  • Kaghei
    Kaghei
    ✭✭✭
    finish it already
    Alacrity
    World's Fastest AA
    World's First claimer of Bleakers
    First Grand Overlord Slayer
    Options
  • WRX
    WRX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome. I have to say though, my video Im making has the same song in it :o

Decibel GM

GLUB GLUB
    Options
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poxheart wrote: »
    Good footage, but I've never seen those DC. Must play at a different time than me.

All that group does is stay stealthed and gank.

Also Sorc OP in the right hands. In the wrong hands its free AP for enemies. In the right hands, best AvA class right now, by a mile, imho.
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ifthir_ESO wrote: »
    Poxheart wrote: »

All that group does is stay stealthed and gank.

Also Sorc OP in the right hands. In the wrong hands its free AP for enemies. In the right hands, best AvA class right now, by a mile, imho.

If you´re into small grps 2 - 4 ppl i like nightblades better. More versatility to be found and the dmg is not as easy to shut down.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • TheElementalPlatypus
    Shoutout to pixy for helping me as an upcoming OP sorcerer, gave me the tips to stack magic and now sitting at a clean 34k. Thanks! It's helped a ton ever since, nice video! until people learn they need to use a brain to counter sorc the qq will remain
    Options
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice use of LoS, i bet most people wont see that, they will just think sorcs are OP.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
    Options
  • hamon
    hamon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    one thing ive noticed with all you guys who make videos , is the constants. use of spell/weapon power pots.. thats nothing against you personally .

now whats the buff from those pots? 300 or something like that?

if it is its like having an extra set of MK or similar morag tong .. which is really significant.. i cant help but wonder how many of those fights you wouldn't look so uber if you wern't chugging pots to give you such a big chunk of extra damage all the time..

then in between those theres the tri pots as well . tri pots for try hards i guess. always gonna be try hards in every pvp game . but i actually hope when console comes round the console try hards dont adopt pot chugging.

they wont have all the combat addons telling them what to do and when , and most console try hards are used to not having to spam pots constantly .. they simply win or lose based on how they play.
    Options
  • Valnas
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭
    We need all the pixyls! finish them.

hamon wrote: »
    one thing ive noticed is that i don't pay attention to game mechanics pretty much when i play

Potion's got reworked in 1.6 to not stack with buffs. Tripots give 20% regen which is based on your build. They aren't giving us more damage, just resource management.

if you kill people a lot you get bags full of money to spend on gold gear and potions. I have 1 million gold and stacks of pots from pvping, should i just not used them out of some honor code? this is RVR, if you aren'y using a 45 second cooldown potion (that lasts for 40-45 seconds), your missing out.
    Edited by Valnas on April 22, 2015 4:18PM
    Fluph Head EP sorc dank magus
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk
    Options
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    one thing ive noticed with all you guys who make videos , is the constants. use of spell/weapon power pots.. thats nothing against you personally .

if it is its like having an extra set of MK or similar morag tong .. which is really significant.. i cant help but wonder how many of those fights you wouldn't look so uber if you wern't chugging pots to give you such a big chunk of extra damage all the time..

I've only ever used tripots, so I don't really know what the buff is on the damage pots. The spell damage/weapon damage buff they give doesn't stack with Major Sorcery/Brutality though, which we get from using our own skills-- so it really wouldn't matter at all.

Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
    Options
  • hamon
    hamon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valnas wrote: »

one thing ive noticed is that i don't pay attention to game mechanics pretty much when i play

Potion's got reworked in 1.6 to not stack with buffs. Tripots give 20% regen which is based on your build. They aren't giving us more damage, just resource management. but having said that i think i'm awesome cos i can edit other folks quotes , see what i did there?

if you kill people a lot you get bags full of money to spend on gold gear and potions. I have 1 million gold and stacks of pots from pvping, should i just not used them out of some honor code? this is RVR, if you aren'y using a 45 second cooldown potion (that lasts for 40-45 seconds), your missing out.

no i appreciate if you pvp like its your job ( hence the term try hards ) you may well have enough money rolling around to perma chug pots. i would hazzard a guess that most folk you kill are indeed missing out as you say by not blowing a stack of tri pots every hour or so..
    This could be for a variety of reasons. perhaps they don't pvp like a pro for 8 hours a day and money is less plentiful. perhaps they are still trying to level up and save for those pricey morag tong, MK bits, perhaps and here's one to really get your head around they just are like " meh this is a game who gives a toss"

So be sure that most folk you kill while perma potioned up are indeed missing out on doing likewise

but to clarify, your saying tri pots only give regen? hmm i might not be the expert on game mechanics you seem to be but dont they drop like over 5k on all 3 resources instantly as well as the regen? thats pretty powerfull. lets sorcs keep blocking way longer than should be stricly possible with their zero points in stamina (pretty good for survival) drop a big self heal and top off their magika to let them keep pew pew , add the regen and its like a second ultimate button every 45 seconds,

now your saying weapon power /spell power pots done stack with buffs since 1.6 ? what does that mean exactly , ? your saying they dont stack with your armour buffs of just cast buffs like surge or molten (old molten) if they do stack with armour then they are indeed a huge buff.

if a pot adds 300 weapon / spell damage thats not a negligable amount , its fairly sizable.

but hey i,m not saying you guys shouldnt use them , do whatever makes you feel uber man , for me its a matter of principal. every MMO has had some form of consumables, they have them cos it lets them implement crafting of said things as well as being time/ money sinks that keep folk playing longer.

i just dont buy into it. ive got lots of money and all crafting profs maxed. stack of pots in the bank, that i never use. i sell some if i need money which hasn't occured much really. I just don't like being sucked into feeling it's necessary for me to have fun in pvp.

all i was doing was making an observation that every video one of you tryhards posts, features perma pots running, all the nice combat addons.. which imo i,ll be happy to see the back of on consoles , cos my experience of console pvp is that there even thr try hards don't feel the need for such things , they just go ahead and kill stuff and get better at it through practice knowing that when the die its cos they lost to a better player or when they win they won through being better, not cos they had access to unlimited pots , and addons shouting POTION READY

to make sure they dont go more thn a millisecond without a potion buffing them by a large amount.

Options
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Potion's got reworked in 1.6 to not stack with buffs. Tripots give 20% regen which is based on your build. They aren't giving us more damage, just resource management. but having said that i think i'm awesome cos i can edit other folks quotes , see what i did there?

no i appreciate if you pvp like its your job ( hence the term try hards ) you may well have enough money rolling around to perma chug pots. i would hazzard a guess that most folk you kill are indeed missing out as you say by not blowing a stack of tri pots every hour or so..
    This could be for a variety of reasons. perhaps they don't pvp like a pro for 8 hours a day and money is less plentiful. perhaps they are still trying to level up and save for those pricey morag tong, MK bits, perhaps and here's one to really get your head around they just are like " meh this is a game who gives a toss"

So be sure that most folk you kill while perma potioned up are indeed missing out on doing likewise

but to clarify, your saying tri pots only give regen? hmm i might not be the expert on game mechanics you seem to be but dont they drop like over 5k on all 3 resources instantly as well as the regen? thats pretty powerfull. lets sorcs keep blocking way longer than should be stricly possible with their zero points in stamina (pretty good for survival) drop a big self heal and top off their magika to let them keep pew pew , add the regen and its like a second ultimate button every 45 seconds,

now your saying weapon power /spell power pots done stack with buffs since 1.6 ? what does that mean exactly , ? your saying they dont stack with your armour buffs of just cast buffs like surge or molten (old molten) if they do stack with armour then they are indeed a huge buff.

if a pot adds 300 weapon / spell damage thats not a negligable amount , its fairly sizable.

but hey i,m not saying you guys shouldnt use them , do whatever makes you feel uber man , for me its a matter of principal. every MMO has had some form of consumables, they have them cos it lets them implement crafting of said things as well as being time/ money sinks that keep folk playing longer.

i just dont buy into it. ive got lots of money and all crafting profs maxed. stack of pots in the bank, that i never use. i sell some if i need money which hasn't occured much really. I just don't like being sucked into feeling it's necessary for me to have fun in pvp.

all i was doing was making an observation that every video one of you tryhards posts, features perma pots running, all the nice combat addons.. which imo i,ll be happy to see the back of on consoles , cos my experience of console pvp is that there even thr try hards don't feel the need for such things , they just go ahead and kill stuff and get better at it through practice knowing that when the die its cos they lost to a better player or when they win they won through being better, not cos they had access to unlimited pots , and addons shouting POTION READY

to make sure they dont go more thn a millisecond without a potion buffing them by a large amount.

How can you have 5 forum stars and know so little about the game? Terrifying thought that some people might listen to your input because they assume the stars represent credibility...
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
    Options
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

read "tryhard" as someone who plays the game and uses every tool/advantage in the game to come out on top.

Note also, you say no offense... but then use tryhards in a derogatory way.... I bolded examples of both your insane lack of understanding of the game (such as what buffs can/cannot stack) and where you are being basically exactly what you claim not to be.... insulting him. If you're wondering why you lose (and for some reason still think you're a better player) its because you don't even understand the mechanics of buff stacking, its not the pots my friend... at least you were right on one thing... you are indeed not an expert on this game so why are you commenting on a mechanic in game available to everyone, but clearly don't understand?

My favorite part is the whole: oh well on a matter of principle I don't use pots because I'm just a better player that gets through by practice. I mean no offense by this.... but you sound like a player that uses excuses as a crutch to me.

Further edits: You seem to feel for some reason or implying potions are unfair if your opponent isn't using them and that Pixy or others can do things that you normally couldn't without them. Guess what, potions are a mechanic in game and if you decide on "principle" to not use them, you are only hurting yourself. The whole point pixy is using tri pots is to make up for a deficiency in his build, by using pots he can focus other utility in his build on other things (such as your comment that he doesn't need to put any points into stamina because of his pots).... THATS THE WHOLE FREAKING POINT. This is PvP, if you decide to not use a mechanic in game thats your loss. It's like not wearing armor because its unfair if one guy has legendary gear compared to someone with green gear.... thats your fault, its an asinine point.
    Edited by Huntler on April 22, 2015 6:38PM
    Options
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they just go ahead and kill stuff and get better at it through practice knowing that when the die its cos they lost to a better player or when they win they won through being better, not cos they had addons shouting everything.

To be honest I don't think anyone actually looks at that stuff, if ZoS gave us the ability to at the very least see how much damage we do on each attack, without having to install an addon-- I doubt anyone would even use Combat Cloud (the addon that says the commands on the screen is the same addon that shows how much damage you're doing).
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
    Options
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pixysticks wrote: »
    they just go ahead and kill stuff and get better at it through practice knowing that when the die its cos they lost to a better player or when they win they won through being better, not cos they had addons shouting everything.

To be honest I don't think anyone actually looks at that stuff, if ZoS gave us the ability to at the very least see how much damage we do on each attack, without having to install an addon-- I doubt anyone would even use Combat Cloud (the addon that says the commands on the screen is the same addon that shows how much damage you're doing).

He also seems to not understand you can readily see when potion is off cooldown without an addon....
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pixysticks wrote: »
    1 Minute preview of my first PvP Video; thanks for checking it out!

Looks pretty awesome so far man. The best part is all the terribads out there who are going to say the video is obviously proof that sorcs need nerfed......despite the fact you're fighting 3 other sorcs in a 3 on 1 (with streak it should be noted). These guys wouldn't know skill if it hit them upside the face (which in fact it does a few seconds before they're mounting their horse....again).

Clearly the only thing that needs nerfed are those those rocks! So OP.

Edited by Ezareth on April 22, 2015 7:06PM
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • Valnas
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to play the next Huntler MMO.
    Fluph Head EP sorc dank magus
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

then in between those theres the tri pots as well . tri pots for try hards i guess. always gonna be try hards in every pvp game . but i actually hope when console comes round the console try hards dont adopt pot chugging.

they wont have all the combat addons telling them what to do and when , and most console try hards are used to not having to spam pots constantly .. they simply win or lose based on how they play.

This is one of the same guys posting in all the Nerf Sorc threads too. I don't know what I'd do without my addons telling me what to do all the time. Crap! Someone is beaming me, WHAT DooOO!!!??

it-is-better-to-keep-your-mouth-closed-and-let-people-think-you-are-a-fool-than-to-open-it-and-remove-all-doubt-fools-quote.jpg
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only thing about this video that I don't like; no goblin costume. :(
    Options
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to play the next Huntler MMO.

Me too.
    Options
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psilent wrote: »
    Only thing about this video that I don't like; no goblin costume. :(

Sry sir, I retired my costume until Kaghei/Permared/Manoekin/Jaegermeister/Krim/Fireshot come back to the game. :(
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
    Options
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is concrete evidence that sorcs need to be nerfed. Initiate nerfing.
    Options
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    despite the fact you're fighting 3 other sorcs in a 3 on 1 (with streak it should be noted).

Yeah, I love Streak even though you're at a disadvantage with it when fighting other sorcs that use BoL (which all 3 of them were using), and they were all using 1h and shields too, lol.
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
    Options
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

WB Pixi, can't wait to see the rest ;)
    Options