Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can we be Factionless?

• Endurance
    Endurance
    ✭✭✭
    How to become factionless:

1. leave guild
    2. steal everything out of the mages and fighters guild until you get expelled from both
    3. attack every guard in every town and get your bounty to like 100k or more until you are KOS all over Tamriel

follow those 3 steps above and you will be factionless in no time :)
    I'm outta here
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know but Cyrodiil is gonna get a little long in the tooth if it is the only PvP Zone in the game. I would guess that if and when they find a new zone
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• leshpar
    leshpar
    ✭✭✭
    Endurance wrote: »
    How to become factionless:

1. leave guild
    2. steal everything out of the mages and fighters guild until you get expelled from both
    3. attack every guard in every town and get your bounty to like 100k or more until you are KOS all over Tamriel

follow those 3 steps above and you will be factionless in no time :)

That is less factionless and more of a wanted criminal. Like really really wanted Bonnie and Clyde style.
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think being without faction should be option for all but this would also require changes to world.. Which also should happen.

The whole Tamriel should be like Azeroth, a world where you can basically ride or walk from northern parts of continent to southern parts.. Passing through every zone in the process including Cyrodil.. Players of all factions should be in same instance and people should also be able to flag themselves to PVP anywhere they wish to do so..

Then after tutorial or skipping it, you are given a choice of locations to end up and random being one of them.

Options should iclude washed ashore in lonely place, end up in midle of forest, a small village in select locations or capital or bigger city etc.. Then you need to travel to some sort of army camp, barracks or fort in anywhere of Tamriel to swore allegiance to any faction if you choose to.. If you dont, you would have options for normal quests and occasional help to any allegiance as sellsword if you so choose.. Later they also should add criminal factions, worm cult as alternative story line, some sort of Neutral storyline.. Vampire factions, werewolf factions and all kind of different factions you can come across with in other TES games.

Level system should also be made to work more like when we are in Cyrodil.. Everyone is basically the same level, having fighting chance on anything but improving level makes you better as a player instead of sacting as barrier to where you can go and what can you do.
    >>PC-EU Mostly PVE. Played since BETA<<
  • Dar_Zeena
    Dar_Zeena
    ✭✭
    The easiest way right now that would give us what we want, I think, would be to give us a way to change our Faction after we finish Cadwells Gold. That seems to be one of the more logical ways and a very nice incentive to completely finish that quest.

(Then again, I have no idea why I would want to finish it other than get XP?)
    Sophisticated Brat
    "Can you believe we have to register to enter the city?"

VR16 - Mizuki Andariaa - DK Tank
  • Lenikus
    Lenikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dar_Zeena wrote: »
    The easiest way right now that would give us what we want, I think, would be to give us a way to change our Faction after we finish Cadwells Gold. That seems to be one of the more logical ways and a very nice incentive to completely finish that quest.

..If that change is reversible, I'd have to say +1.
    Hey, maybe this can be one more 'Convenience" item for Crown Store?
    BECOME A TRAITOR FOR ONLY 4.500 CROWNS, AND BE HATED BY YOUR FORMER ALLIANCE, UNTRUSTED BY YOUR NEW ONE, AND LAUGHED AT BY THE OTHER ONE !! CAN'T MISS !

..rly tho', I for one would love to chill with other faction people. We NEED a neutral ground for trade hub. Why not Coldharbour is like that, beyond me.
    ... Mai cave. >:3
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    So, on this site: http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/esotu

We have this:
    2wqToJ1.png?1

It says: "(Imperials) can be found in the ranks of every alliance or opposed to all three, bringing their considerable skills to bear wherever they choose to fight."

Can I choose to be an Imperial and NOT be in an alliance?

Sure, just no PvP for you as there is no zone / side for Neutral
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dar_Zeena wrote: »

Ehh.. You actually change faction when going silver/gold.. Only thing is that it does not show in the menus of your character. Jumping factions is main issue with Cadwells stuff for me, i dont want to betray my faction so...

Onöu change would really be the starter 1-50 zones changing to something else which has no sense in it.. I mean they would be effortless and give no XP at all.. You get better versions ofd those areas as VR with less players and better immersion anyway.

@Lenikus I dont thin a neutral area as trading hub would be the best though it would be a dressing for the wound.. What we need in my opinion is that every area is free to go and you should also be able to see players of other factions everywhere you go. World design should generally be much more like Warcrafts which in my mind is perphaps the most immersive and seamless world in MMORPG gamin LOTRO is well made a well.

No loading screens or minimal loading screens and you need to be able to walk from tip to tip of continent if that is you thing and have trade on the way.

Nobody should be forced to PVP unless in Cyrodil.. If you wanna take shortcut through Cyrodil, you risk being killed and the choice for that is to go around Cyrodil in other xones when they are added.. Or teleport with Wayshrines.

Edited by Tapio75 on April 20, 2015 11:18AM
    >>PC-EU Mostly PVE. Played since BETA<<
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭
    This would be interesting if possible. Perhaps we could have a "mercenary" faction where the main three factions can buy you for the campaign duration or something.
    QQing is a full time job
  • Pollux_Geminorum
    Definitely! Something I don't understand is why Imperials have to choose a faction when they should actually be 'factionless' as their main interest is to get Cyrodiil and the Imperial City back from Molag Bal's grasp not the Three Banners War to choose a non-Imperial as Emperor/Empress.

Furthermore, I've always thought that despite the alliances system, all characters should start their main quest in their homelands as a better way to get immersed in their own storyline. I've got over 10 characters. One of them is a Redguard DK tank and he's been exploring the Alik'r Desert to learn about his Yokuda ancestry. Another character is a Khajit NB dd and she's from Pellitine aka Souther Elsweyr (she's a bandit, but with family ties to Queen Kamira from Pellitine aka Northern Elsweyr). Finally, my Dunmer NM dd who's evil as she's terribly disfigured and embittered. She follows Mephala, likes Molag Bal, and wants to overthrow The Tribunal.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The most accomplished piece of necromancy I've seen in quite a while :D
    PC EU
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If i remember correctly, someone proposed an idea in the past where every player has no faction at start, but they can decide their faction upon entering the Campaigns, but i guess this will render Alliance Change Token functionality useless.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have closed this topic as it was originally created in April 2015. In many cases, it's better to create a new thread on a topic that you want to discuss as opposed to bumping one that is rather old.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.