Can we be Factionless?

Gidorick
Gidorick
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So, on this site: http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/esotu

We have this:
2wqToJ1.png?1

It says: "(Imperials) can be found in the ranks of every alliance or opposed to all three, bringing their considerable skills to bear wherever they choose to fight."

Can I choose to be an Imperial and NOT be in an alliance?
What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
That's right... Horse.
Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • TD5160_ESO
    TD5160_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly no... but this should be a thing.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    So, on this site: http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/esotu

We have this:
    2wqToJ1.png?1

It says: "(Imperials) can be found in the ranks of every alliance or opposed to all three, bringing their considerable skills to bear wherever they choose to fight."

Can I choose to be an Imperial and NOT be in an alliance?
    Lol cmon man you know the answer this is not single player.

You should ask
    Will we ever get to choose to be faction less?

My answer is no
    1. One way to much work as it would require massive changes to eso

Edited by Heromofo on April 19, 2015 9:29PM
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's kind of weird for them to advertise the Imperials as a separate faction then, wouldn't you say?
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Zarbryn
    Zarbryn
    Everquest had that though, which was well done. You could betray your faction and join another one. I believe you became factionless for a while.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's kind of weird for them to advertise the Imperials as a separate faction then, wouldn't you say?

It is personally can't wait for elder scrolls six.
  • TD5160_ESO
    TD5160_ESO
    ✭✭✭

A lot of things ZOS does is weird :wink:

Honestly though, this may be a feature in the works for when console launches or shortly after. A lot of resources have gone to the console launch, so who knows what they are adding...
  • TD5160_ESO
    TD5160_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Heromofo wrote: »

It is personally can't wait for elder scrolls six.

No ***, right? lol
  • arena25
    arena25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, but I wish I could be factionless...
    If you can't handle the heat...stay out of the kitchen!
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really don't take the factions seriously.

I mean. ... after Cold Harbor that just seems petty
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    I really don't take the factions seriously.

I mean. ... after Cold Harbor that just seems petty

Same here tbh, the quest system is so mundane its horrendous, at least in the TES games, IMO they were good, and I actually cared, in ESO quests, sorry, I really could not care less who lives or dies.

And I do not take the factions seriously either, I love pitting my skills against friends in all alliances in PvP.

It is a game after all.

Roll on Elder Scrolls 6.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if only, id love to be able to be neutral, maybe even get a pvp flag that removes me from the battles. id pay oodles of cash just to get my 'neutrality' papers ingame
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering you have to play each faction to complete silver n golds quests you're kinda factio less after 50 but for sure at VR6
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't so much care about being factionless, but I would pay crowns for a quest that would allow me to change the current faction of my characters and player guild affiliation. My characters were created over a fair span of time and as that time has gone on I am less impressed with my earlier faction choices.

Just to be clear I don't want this to be something that can happen every other day or anything like that, once every six months seems a fair cool down time. I just don't want some of my characters to be in a specific faction anymore and I'm not willing to dump the hours and millions of gold I've pumped into them and just start over.
    "It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would really like it if this was an option.

Considering the early quests are all about allying yourself with your chosen alliance, you don't get access to Cyrodiil until level 10, and there are already factionless NPCs, particularly in the guilds, I actually think a factionless option could fit in to the storyline fairly well.

The way I imagine it working is instead of getting access to Cyrodiil automatically at level 10 you're given a choice: become a soldier for your alliance and get access to Cyrodiil or you refuse and can't fight in Cyrodiil on that character but can travel through the other alliances lands at any level (since you're not their enemy now).

The problem would be balancing for some people losing access to the PvE content in Cyrodiil. Unless they somehow retained that and just keep you out of the PvP part.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • TD5160_ESO
    TD5160_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, I think faction should be determined by guild (for example, fighters guild, vs thieves guild, vs mages guild) rather than this stupid alliance stuff. Even then, it should not be active hostility as much as general competition. I hate that they wen with the alliance system to pander to the other mmo crowds.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the game as it is doesn't really have any room for fractionless characters, with how the story goes through their fraction into coldharbour and only then through the others in that thing cadwells sends you on (which I still treat as an excursion into a "what if" dream for my characters, ignoring the question where those items drops come from if its a dream... :tongue: )

However... once you finish cadwells, things might be possible to get an option to change at some day. I know I really would enjoy havinan "fraction loyalty called in question" questline that allows characters to either prove their localty to their fraction, or "defect" to a different one. And if that ever happened, they could even add the option to defect to a "neutral" faction as "different one" - though seeing how that would be a lot of work, I wouldn't count on it... they'd have to take a lot of things into account, not in the least what regions you gain access too (each map but cyrodil exists in three versions after all, for the three fractions - do you gain access to DC glenumbra at levels up to 16 or so, EP glenumbra at V1, or AD glenumbra at V6...?)

Of course, I would also like it if they changed the way maps were done, and have one "veteran" version of each map added for people post cadwells, at an map level of, say, V12, where people can do daily quests in their homelands, and invade other fractions "veteran zones" as intruders, with PvP possibilities (though at an severe disadvantage for the "intruders" with all NPCs hostile to them, including the town guards killing them on sight, no vendors speaking with them, etc. - but with new "infiltration/sabotage" daily quests they could choose to do...).
    If they eveer made something like that... then fractionless characters that are neutral but attackable to all everywhere might even become viable...
  • TD5160_ESO
    TD5160_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well, the game as it is doesn't really have any room for fractionless characters, with how the story goes through their fraction into coldharbour and only then through the others in that thing cadwells sends you on (which I still treat as an excursion into a "what if" dream for my characters, ignoring the question where those items drops come from if its a dream... :tongue: )

However... once you finish cadwells, things might be possible to get an option to change at some day. I know I really would enjoy havinan "fraction loyalty called in question" questline that allows characters to either prove their localty to their fraction, or "defect" to a different one. And if that ever happened, they could even add the option to defect to a "neutral" faction as "different one" - though seeing how that would be a lot of work, I wouldn't count on it... they'd have to take a lot of things into account, not in the least what regions you gain access too (each map but cyrodil exists in three versions after all, for the three fractions - do you gain access to DC glenumbra at levels up to 16 or so, EP glenumbra at V1, or AD glenumbra at V6...?)

Of course, I would also like it if they changed the way maps were done, and have one "veteran" version of each map added for people post cadwells, at an map level of, say, V12, where people can do daily quests in their homelands, and invade other fractions "veteran zones" as intruders, with PvP possibilities (though at an severe disadvantage for the "intruders" with all NPCs hostile to them, including the town guards killing them on sight, no vendors speaking with them, etc. - but with new "infiltration/sabotage" daily quests they could choose to do...).
    If they eveer made something like that... then fractionless characters that are neutral but attackable to all everywhere might even become viable...

Good read, but this was bugging me a lot... It's Faction, not Fraction :tongue:
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD5160_ESO wrote: »

Good read, but this was bugging me a lot... It's Faction, not Fraction :tongue:

I suspect he's on a phone.....
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually that was a fault of not being an native typer of english, and misremembering that one word. I will make note of the correct one from now on! ;-)
  • Dre4dwolfb14_ESO
    I would like the ability to convert to faction-less.
    So I can go into cyrodill and murder everyone equally like its meant to be.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly!
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Aye, agreed, few things are as pleasurable in gaming life than being on TS with your mates and hearing them snarl again cos you killed them:}
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• leshpar
    leshpar
    ✭✭✭
    In game my character is factionless, but because of my race I have to say I am a member of the Pact at least on paper.

That's the way I look at it.
  • Dre4dwolfb14_ESO
    leshpar wrote: »
    In game my character is factionless, but because of my race I have to say I am a member of the Pact at least on paper.

That's the way I look at it.

Im pretty much factionless because I rob/pickpocket and murder most of the NPCS in town all day anyway ^^ . . .
  • lihentian
    lihentian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    everyone is factionless.... you will join each faction..only things matter is which one you join first....
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They are a separate faction - an NPC faction.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually that was a fault of not being an native typer of english, and misremembering that one word. I will make note of the correct one from now on! ;-)
    For the record, fraction is also a proper english word - just one with a different meaning. And I wouldn't have know you aren't a native typer of english from your post, as that was the only thing I saw wrong with it, and it's a mistake I've seen plenty of people make, even when english is their first language.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe that text is referring to all of the Imperial forces in Cyrodiil who oppose all three alliances.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really? I wouldn't have ever guessed. It really is embarrassing how many people speak English and how few native English speakers know another language.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    I believe that text is referring to all of the Imperial forces in Cyrodiil who oppose all three alliances.

GAH! You're right! It's saying that IMPERIALS are opposed to all 3, not that the player can be opposed to all 3. It's amazing how a little shift in point of view can change your perspective
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

This discussion has been closed.