Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

why do you play the game?`positiv thread

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play the game because I have fun playing it. I mean, I've got a lot of specific things I can point to (and I guess I'll list some of them here), but this is really what it all boils down to. I love this game. There are aspects of it that I think need attention and/or fixes, but when you get right down to it, I really really like this game.

Anyway, here is an incomplete list of reasons in no particular order:
    • I love TES games
    • I love the look of ESO (I actually like it better than unmodded Skyrim, which I think is impressive for an MMO)
    • I think they did a great job overall with the questing (as in: generally interesting stories and characters)
    • Several of my real life friends also play, and it's a lot of fun to do a group dungeon or something together every now and then
    • Overall the community in-game is great. I've found a guild I really like, and even random folks in /zone are usually friendly and helpful (that obviously doesn't apply to everyone)
    • I enjoy the dynamic nature of the combat system - knowing what skills to use in what rotation and in what situation, timing blocks, dodges and interrupts, staying mobile, etc

There are definitely other things too, but those are the things that jump out off the top of my head.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Options
  • vanillexhope
    vanillexhope
    ✭✭✭
    1. I love the voice acting
    2. The quests feel meaningful
    3. I'm riding a freaking leopard.
    4. Beautiful graphics and music
    5. Storyline is great so far
    6. I am enjoying my guild
    7. Achievements
    8. Being able to be a sneaky Khajiit thief.
    Options
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    the best graphics bar none. As long as it will be like that I am here.
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire
    Options
  • Haqikah
    Haqikah
    ✭✭✭
    A couple of months ago I was kind of burned out of TESO; now I'm playing again especially enjoying the storylines. Taking time to look around and discover the areas (completionist) and taking in some sceneries.

Also I'm switching games (TESO, StarCraft2, Heart of the Storm) a bit more, hoping to prevent another burnout this way.
    Options
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »
    sun-smiley.png

Hi all, thought it was time for some weekend sunshine post amount all the other post for once

I for one have many reasons I play the game, heres some of the things that pops up.
    1. The visuals of the game, is so breathtaking and amazing, and I loved how they made it even more amazing once they upgraded lighting, going into churches and such looks stunning
    2. The game is huge, there are like 1.000 quests to explorer and enjoy, there are really some gems between the normal onces for sure.
    3. Love that we have the ability to join 5 guilds, and make lots of great online friends to play with
    4. The maps are so different and well made, its so fun to just explorer the world for all of its wonders
    5. Love my new costumes and pets, they a great addition for my warrior princess
    6. and so on

and there is many many more reasons why I play the game, why do you?

have-a-great-weekend-button-smiley-emoticon.png

I love the environments, active combat, character creation, character animation and details, realistic, and I am waiting to love the Thieves guild and Dark Brotherhood...
    Pact Bloodwraith
    Options
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its still Elder scrolls so fix sorted until the real thing is here i.e Elder scrolls six.
    Options
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reading what everybody has written, really makes me love it even more, when thinking of all the great stuff for sure
    Options
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »
    reading what everybody has written, really makes me love it even more, when thinking of all the great stuff for sure

Good on you man;}
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

Options
  • Zhoyzu
    Zhoyzu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i forgot to mention, im only here until TES VI
    Zhoyzu - Nightblade Alchemist (v15) RETIRED
    Has-No-Heart - Templar Enchanter (v4) FUBAR
    Ambadassador - Dragon knight (v1) Naked with no future (returned from the naked realm to tank PvE)
    Sakis Tolis - Sorceror (v10 in progress) Living Legend!

Xuhl'Xotuun - Warden Current Main as im starting the game over essentially with this character aside from crafting.

Creator of Khajiit fall dmg reduction racial passive concept.

Options
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't play much (not because of the game but my time) and my motivation is the story and great immersion. In my opinion the game offers a wonderful journey and every time I play, even if just for 10 minutes I discover something really cool.

Must admit though, if it had not gone F2P I would had canceled my sub and left until housing would be implemented.
    Options
  • Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Initial Reason, my friends started.
    Only thing that keeps me playing now, open world pvp, but it's dwindling because of lack of bug/lag fixes.
    Options
  • djnapstyb14_ESO
    djnapstyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Best game ive ever played
    EP FOR LIFE
    Options
  • Argoniawind
    Argoniawind
    ✭✭✭
    Because The Elder Scrolls rules!!!
    "Live Another Life In Another World"
    Options
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because The Elder Scrolls rules!!!

Aye!!!:D
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

Options
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anything and everything, anyway i want
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
    Options
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One reason is I could play in an elder Scrolls world with my friends, also I find the game fun, enjoy the pvp even with all the problems the game still has depth that a lot of the cookie cutter games on the market do not have. For an mmo the world looks nice, there is a lot of attention to detail.
    Options
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because Swtor wanted me to pay to hide my helmet.
    Options
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    skarvika wrote: »
    Because I have a serious problem with video game addiction apparently.

LOL - definitely this.

Also:
    1) graphics- breathtaking
    2) friends I've made
    3) habit &
    4) competition

But I think above all else what really brings me back is the chance to better myself daily in a way that is only possible in a video game of this magnitude.

That seems lame. But, increasing skill at DPS/tanking/PVP, increasing cooperation with teammates so that we can achieve things in faster, more efficient ways - these are the things that drive me.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because it's The Elder Scrolls and because they let us play in first person. If it didn't have either of these, I wouldn't be playing.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1. I must capture Ezareth and siphon his OP spider sense into my tiny arsenal of powers.

2. I must play the most OP class in the game, the NB. the class, according to random milk drinkers some forum people, is extremely OP, and I must take advantage of the class' wonderful self heals and totally reliable class based DAMAGE SHIELDS. (now to set another trap for Ezareth. His OP spidey sense will be mine!!!)

Positive stuff now:D I like exploring places like black marsh and valenwood. I love spending time on the forums, and the chats are entertaining. PvP is great when its not in complete and utter chaos.(more specifically black water blade. the vet campaigns can go die in the void, they are nothing but lag and constant usage of infinite resource builds, which is killing PVP balance right now)

The class variety is nice. There are additions coming that sound nice. It will keep me going until another game comes out that I want to try.

crap, it bolded too much. oh well
    Edited by Cody on April 18, 2015 3:09AM
    Options