The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Wandering Merchants

jkemmery
jkemmery
✭✭✭✭
Dear ZOS,

I do appreciate the wandering merchants that have been placed in the game. If you are out questing and need to clear your inventory of drops you don't intend to use, they are a nice convenience. However, what about making them a bit more realistic? I mean, these are just people out walking around in plain clothes, and nothing more. Shouldn't a merchant with wares to sell have like a pack animal, or a pushcart, or at the very least a backpack? I mean, it's not like they could just have all of those goods, plus the goods I just sold them stuffed in to their pockets.

Thanks!
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is in the game, just one merchant though. A rather grumpy argonian lady in Stonefalls. She has guards and guar that carries wares.

I wish that Nord lady in Reaper's March would have a giantguard or something that carried her wares. :) Would be really cool. :)

PC EU
  • Thymos
    Thymos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jkemmery wrote: »
    Dear ZOS,

I do appreciate the wandering merchants that have been placed in the game. If you are out questing and need to clear your inventory of drops you don't intend to use, they are a nice convenience. However, what about making them a bit more realistic? I mean, these are just people out walking around in plain clothes, and nothing more. Shouldn't a merchant with wares to sell have like a pack animal, or a pushcart, or at the very least a backpack? I mean, it's not like they could just have all of those goods, plus the goods I just sold them stuffed in to their pockets.

Thanks!

Shouldn't you be bogged down by a large pack when you're carrying 30 helmets or chest pieces?
    The Older Gamers Recruitment Thread
    Always accepting new members for NA and EU server. PvP PvE RP all welcome. Must be 25+ yo to join.
    http://www.theoldergamers.com/
  • jkemmery
    jkemmery
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thymos wrote: »
    Dear ZOS,

Thanks!

Shouldn't you be bogged down by a large pack when you're carrying 30 helmets or chest pieces?

Fair point! I guess if I can have a Hermoine Granger magic carrying bag, the merchants can too.
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thymos wrote: »
    Dear ZOS,

Thanks!

MAGIC!!!!! And for my next trick watch me pull a rabbit out of... OH! totally wrong crowed for that trick.
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'M NOT TALKING TO YOU UNTIL YOU CLEAR YOUR BOUNTY
    QQing is a full time job
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    skarvika wrote: »

Nothing up my sleeve, hey! What! How did that watch get there? I swear I am being framed.
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭
    skarvika wrote: »

Nothing up my sleeve, hey! What! How did that watch get there? I swear I am being framed.
    SORRY, I DON'T TALK TO WANTED CRIMINALS
    QQing is a full time job
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and all this happens whilst a mudcrab carrying a longsword, magicka potion & cuirass wanders past.
    Edited by P3ZZL3 on April 16, 2015 3:42PM
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Merchants we have to acost for the Crime Pays Achievement has a horse and a pack.

I do agree that the Merchants should have a pack animal with them. At least some of them.

Heck, since they can do repairs, they really need a cart with a Black Smithing, Clothier and WW station. But lets not have reality complicate the game.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing I find unrealistic is I'll see the same merchant over and over again on the road, even as I'm traveling faster than he's walking.

It's like they're stalking me so they can get rid of their mountain of Guar Scout cookies.
    signing off
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are wandering merchants in every zone and they are nice to come across, especially when you need to clear bags or repair. But they are nothing new as they have been in the game since the beginning.
    Edited by RDMyers65b14_ESO on April 16, 2015 4:57PM