The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Allow Racial Passives Change, Not Race Itself

• Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only reason I am FOR race passive changes, it cause the dev's CHANGED it on us.
    Some passives which was the whole reason to take race X have been removed making race X at end game so much weaker then race Y.

If they never changed it, all would be fine, but they did
  • Urnbak
    Urnbak
    Kerioko wrote: »
    If this is the case, make all racial passives the same for each race:

+15% training in all weapons and armor
    + All Stats (4%/7%/10%)
    + All Regen (7%/14%/21%)
    + All Skill Cost Reduction and All Resistance Boost (2%/4%/6%)

If paying for race changes causes everyone to switch to breton, redguard, or imperial....so be it, I will be happy being the only Argonian in DC.

What I want is for them to just bring the other races passives up to par with the master races...ie Argonians getting 10% health instead of just 3%, and 6% for both healing done and health received.

Do away with racial passives alltogether.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Natjur If there would not be Argonians if people could change race then why are their Argonians now? The passives are better than they were at launch. Additionally, there are new argonians now. Due to the potion passive they have increased regen of all stats, consuming any potion adds 6% of all max stats. Granted, not the best passives in my book but not bad. Disease resist, added max stat (health which can be used to put more attributes into Stam/Mag) and increased healing received. Not bad. 6% of 35k mag/stam is 2100 every 45 seconds. Granted, I think it could be a 10%. With one potion CD to keep the residual effect at 100% up time that is 3150 per minute or an increase to regen of 103 (52.5/sec * 2 since regen is every 2 seconds).

@joshisanonymous sadly it seems to be coming. We can hope it will be costly and we get to enjoy all the threads complaining of the cost. Most games I have played, if you want something different you roll a new character. Here we may get easy street and get to be lazy.
  • Jando
    Jando
    ✭✭✭✭
    My initial gut reaction was No way, passives must stick with the race....But now that i think about it...you may have convinced me.
    Dear ZoS - Sell us great content at a reasonable price. Stop the Grind!!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jando wrote: »
    My initial gut reaction was No way, passives must stick with the race....But now that i think about it...you may have convinced me.
    Heck, I rolled a different NB for passives after getting to vet 14 with the first.

Ahh, that makes a lot of sense. You put all that effort in to reroll and min/max, so screw everyone else, right?

Jando, I must agree. Granted, when you read Rook's he seems to disagree with me.

And these days it is not much work to level up a character. Leveled up to 50 in a few weeks while enjoying trials, vet dsa and some AvA on my other vet characters. A few weeks again and I am almost Vet 13 on this new character while, again, enjoying trials, vet DSA and some AvA. Secret is DSA provides 206k experience and only takes an hour, plus a chance at a master weapon.
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck, I rolled a different NB for passives after getting to vet 14 with the first.

Ahh, that makes a lot of sense. You put all that effort in to reroll and min/max, so screw everyone else, right?

Jando, I must agree. Granted, when you read Rook's he seems to disagree with me.

And these days it is not much work to level up a character. Leveled up to 50 in a few weeks while enjoying trials, vet dsa and some AvA on my other vet characters. A few weeks again and I am almost Vet 13 on this new character while, again, enjoying trials, vet DSA and some AvA. Secret is DSA provides 206k experience and only takes an hour, plus a chance at a master weapon.

Sorry, my last post was a little too abrasive.

I just don't understand how you would be ok with people being allowed to change races, but not ok with them changing their passives. Like @Natjur mentioned, if a race change was allowed, Argonians would simply disappear overnight.

What about people that chose Argonians because of the potion passive? That choice is completely meaningless now. Maybe they still like their lizard, and don't want to change their race, but still want competitive passives.

Is that so ridiculous? How does it hurt anyone else if they are allowed to change their passives? It would annoy me more if I saw an Imperial running around with a name that is clearly Argonian in nature.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just don't understand how you would be ok with people being allowed to change races, but not ok with them changing their passives. Like @Natjur mentioned, if a race change was allowed, Argonians would simply disappear overnight.

What about people that chose Argonians because of the potion passive? That choice is completely meaningless now. Maybe they still like their lizard, and don't want to change their race, but still want competitive passives.

Is that so ridiculous? How does it hurt anyone else if they are allowed to change their passives? It would annoy me more if I saw an Imperial running around with a name that is clearly Argonian in nature.

First, rook, I am acustomed to seeing abrasive posts from you when you disagree with the person. We are in the same DC guild, you were in AvA last night with the guild leader and a small group of guildmates. So your reply is no biggie to me.

Second, I am not really ok with being able to buy race change though it's inevitable based on what Zos has indicated. Granted, some people didn't think through their race choice at first and for another group changes in the game have affected their choice.

As far as changing racial passives without changing race just borders on one feelimg they have a right to special dispensation. Ok top of that, it's petty and go beyond giving someone an inch and they demand the mile.

When they let you change your race so you can get the passives you desire please don't complain to much.

Your suggestion is petty and inconsequential and hopefull the last thing Zos spends time considering.
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭

First, rook, I am acustomed to seeing abrasive posts from you when you disagree with the person. We are in the same DC guild, you were in AvA last night with the guild leader and a small group of guildmates. So your reply is no biggie to me.

Second, I am not really ok with being able to buy race change though it's inevitable based on what Zos has indicated. Granted, some people didn't think through their race choice at first and for another group changes in the game have affected their choice.

As far as changing racial passives without changing race just borders on one feelimg they have a right to special dispensation. Ok top of that, it's petty and go beyond giving someone an inch and they demand the mile.

When they let you change your race so you can get the passives you desire please don't complain to much.

Your suggestion is petty and inconsequential and hopefull the last thing Zos spends time considering.

Hahaha, ok, I am just very passionate about this game, I hope you understand. :wink:

Maybe I just need to take a break from the official forums for a while lol, i don't want to become a jerk.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This really isn't that big of a mystery and there is no excuse racial disparity has lasted this long. Anyone with a brain can recognize that Imperials are OP while Argonian, Nord, and Orcs are just bad. The other races we can debate but I think it's clear that Dunmer and Altmer are very good, Bosmer and Breton are pretty good, Redguards are OK for specific build, and Khajiit are meh.

ZoS: Please STOP devoting resources to races change, instead devote those resources to NEW content. *Tomorrow* hotfix these races so they are reasonably balanced. 90% of problems solved.

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG. Agree with the last post saying he Zos should devote efforts towards developing new content vs all this stuff.

Nothing new in AvA or PVE dungeons in about 6 months and none on the way.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm down for race changes and such. I personally wouldn't change race but if someone else does it doesn't affect me.

What I do want ZoS to do is during character creation you pick you race, class, but than also pick from a set of racial passives. These passives would still relate to your race choice but they wouldn't corner you into one play style. So perhaps choose: Redguard, temp, mender. You get to be a redguard, you get to be the templar class but perhaps because you want to be a healer you wanted passives that related more towards the arcane. boom, pick mender. Maybe a redguard, NB, assassin. Now you are a redguard nightblade whose passive choice focuses on stealth and crit.

THAT would be play as you want and way more custimization. Also they could have "schools" in the game where if you want to change that passive set, you learn a new one. However you do not forget the old on, you just change back and forth depending on what you are trying to do. it's lore friendly because through out Elder Scrolls history you always see a race doing more than what their passives say they should be doing (like nords using magicka in Skyrim though no magicka passives technically). Also, why not be able to switch back and forth between passive sets or make custom ones as long as you learn them through either special quests or gold? People have more than on trade right?
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Prizax
    Prizax
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! this is perfect and actually it is what I thought since the announcement of the Crown Store and actually it can be way more easier for ZoS to implement this option, rather than a whole race change with the appearance.
  • Folkb
    Folkb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I come to these forums and see a lot of stupid ideas that make me facepalm. This isn't one of them; this is actually a really good idea imo. This allows for some good character customization.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When is this coming to the crown store?
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

What does everyone think about allowing changing racial passives, without changing the race itself?

If it wasn't an ES game, no problem.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many here nope - NEVER!
    Cherry-picking your min-maxxers-dream passives should NOT EVER be a part of any TES game, no matter how much people whine about "customization".
    Leave it for other games, but please keep ESO a TES game, and that means the racial "flavor" we who love the lore have learned to expect and appreciate in TES...
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many here nope - NEVER!
    Cherry-picking your min-maxxers-dream passives should NOT EVER be a part of any TES game, no matter how much people whine about "customization".
    Leave it for other games, but please keep ESO a TES game, and that means the racial "flavor" we who love the lore have learned to expect and appreciate in TES...

Let me rephrase.
    They have already announced it will be coming. My question is when? If anyone has heard an update?

I love TESO and the lore which is why I need the racial passive swap for an argonian I plan on making. Since hey pretty much suck as is.
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sh@t head- racial passive change is a P2W, Dude.
    Zeni- Yes,Yes,Yes..... But if u want it then it will cost u 80000crowns >:)
    Consumers- damn those sh@t heads and zeni for keeping our hopes up and ultimately its useless to have them.
    Edited by Van_0S on December 27, 2015 6:33PM
  • Nadijeh
    Nadijeh
    ✭✭✭
    Idk, on one hand I like racials, on the other hand I would rather play the race I like the most without being gimped :\

Maybe there is another way to alleviate the issue?
  • threefarms
    threefarms
    ✭✭✭
    I am already an imperial, so why would I want to change race?
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This one was talking to a guildie last night who wanted to change his race from Khajiit.

His reason? He really hates the tail.

So can this one put in a word for him at this point and request an option to surgically remove the tail? That way if there are any other khajiit who suffer from this serious body image issue they can at least keep the fur and the ears and won't have to go through the whole Nordoplasty procedure and end up as a hairless one.

This one really loves her own tail by the way and would never consider changing race or having bits lopped off. What would I chase if they took away the tail?

This made me lol way too hard lol