The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

[NA] Azura's Star - Knowledge is Power

• FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way too many guilds transferred here the past week/few days...

Goodbye Azure's, you were good while the server could kinda sorta poorly handle it before.

Funny to see this, being it was you that brought the "poor handling" to Azuras.

Which prompted DC to also learn the secret way of "magic lag"

Hopefully the "magic lag switch" guilds will all leave the server. Good riddance, au revoir, farewell! I'd say don't let the door hit you in the ass while leaving, but I imagine a door lined with poisonous spikes... so I hope it hits you squarely.

I... Dont even know where to begin. lol.

You must not know who i am, or what guild i play with, or how we play the game.
  • Jauriel
    Jauriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can state with absolute authority JLP has never lagsploited against DC in AS. He is a class act player.
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Goodbye Azure's, you were good while the server could kinda sorta poorly handle it before.

Hopefully the "magic lag switch" guilds will all leave the server. Good riddance, au revoir, farewell! I'd say don't let the door hit you in the ass while leaving, but I imagine a door lined with poisonous spikes... so I hope it hits you squarely.

Enlighten those of us who don't know you or your guild on how you play the game?
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Takllin wrote: »

Enlighten those of us who don't know you or your guild on how you play the game?

JEAN IUC PICARD does not need to enlighten you on his secret tactics. PICARD will only tell you that it involves doing everything possible to avoid causing lag to the server. PICARD and friends to prove a point to the zerg/lag/meteor guilds made an exception for 2 days in the past year. PICARD will make sure that the zero meteor/lag rule will be reinforced when we leave.

#FengrushFengrushFengrushFengrush
    • *drops the mic*
  • vortexman11
    vortexman11
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This "magic lag switch" is only turned on by the collective weight of all the players on a campaign and all the abilities they are using. It has nothing to do with guilds, especially the one JLP is part of as they've made it a guild rule not to use certain abilities which may cause lag.
    Guild of Shadows ~Elite~
    Învictus ~Council~

EP | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 50 | Former Emperor of Haderus & Chillrend |
    EP | Phobos | Altmer Nightblade | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Cheezus Sliced | Argonian Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 30 |
    EP | Eterno Tempesta | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 33 |
    DC | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 12 |
    DC | Divine Storm | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 04 |
    EP | Pocket Vortex | Bosmer Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 24 |
    EP | Vortexman | Redguard DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 28 |
    EP | Fungal Growth | Argonian Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Eternal Guardian | Bosmer Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 13 |
    and a few other random toons

Teaching by example > https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5479085#Comment_5479085
  • Huckdabuck
    Huckdabuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jauriel wrote: »
    Mince words much? Full time=on Azura FULL TIME. we never go elsewhere. We are large enough to have a constant presence.

Organized: we are not only on all the time we are also organized.

MBF is also organized. Not saying they arent. You really this desperate to argue something with me? I get that ya'll are stressed about EP intra-guild politics right now. ain't my fault. Don't take it out on me.

Not mincing words only repeating what you said. If you can't say something clearly perhaps you shouldn't say it all. EP intra-guild politics? What have I missed? What do your "sources" have to report? Inquiring minds want/need to know!
    Texashighelf - VR16 Sorcerer EP NA - FILTHY BARBARIAN
    Texasimperial - VR16 Dragonknight EP NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas'Imperial - VR16 Dragonknight DC NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas-Imperial - VR16 Templar DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Highelf - VR16 Sorcerer DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Imperial - VR16 Nightblade DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    It's a very grey area.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't aware of EP politics atm, aside from trying to find good fights. That kind of conflict is born of pressure, which was lifted when AD and DC decided they didn't want to fight for wins. PVP since the Thornblade exodus has been mega care bear.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jauriel wrote: »

Dude, NPK is the ONLY full time, organized DC guild on Azura. You either don't play there or you're not a cool kid if you didn't know that.

You do know that guild tags don't show up for other players in this game right?

Nor does zone chat from the DC side.

So how would anyone not playing in DC (and even then it's doubtful if you were) know anything about your guild?

No surprise the enterprise captain who attacks things simultaneously with DC does though.

Lastly, I just figured with the appearance of the EP lagsploit guild that DC picked it up from them, I had no idea DC imported the lagsploiters.I guess now I know though, thanks.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That was your group on the bridge from Sejanus lagging out the bridge until we got up in the tower and killed whoever was in lagmodeon mode, you know like when the lag disappeared as quickly as it started?

The bridge... lol. That's some desperation right there.

But yah I have no idea what guild you are in, but I know who you are and I'm pretty certain of exactly how you play the game.
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP Azura's Star.

Only 27 days more of this laggy s***.
    Edited by PainfulFAFA on May 13, 2015 11:52PM
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• vortexman11
    vortexman11
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That was your group on the bridge from Sejanus lagging out the bridge until we got up in the tower and killed whoever was in lagmodeon mode, you know like when the lag disappeared as quickly as it started?

But yah I have no idea what guild you are in, but I know who you are and I'm pretty certain of exactly how you play the game.

That lag certainly had nothing to do with the 40 AD all dropping meteors on us. People think it's all so one sided. Everyone that PvPs contributes to the lag, no one faction, no one guild, no one person.
    Edited by vortexman11 on May 14, 2015 1:12AM
    Guild of Shadows ~Elite~
    Învictus ~Council~

EP | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 50 | Former Emperor of Haderus & Chillrend |
    EP | Phobos | Altmer Nightblade | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Cheezus Sliced | Argonian Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 30 |
    EP | Eterno Tempesta | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 33 |
    DC | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 12 |
    DC | Divine Storm | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 04 |
    EP | Pocket Vortex | Bosmer Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 24 |
    EP | Vortexman | Redguard DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 28 |
    EP | Fungal Growth | Argonian Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Eternal Guardian | Bosmer Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 13 |
    and a few other random toons

Teaching by example > https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5479085#Comment_5479085
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we can all agree that anyone in this thread not in Guild of Shadows is clearly jealous of our recently adopted special seekrit weapon strategy. The batzaz has risen.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • AnteCoyote
    AnteCoyote
    ✭✭✭

They are one of the few EP guilds that doesn't blob around with 3+ full guild groups at once. They seem to favor smaller campaigns not controlled by the lag blobs. We came to Azura's to fight people like that, but then we ended up in a lag fight on a bridge with at least 3 different EP guilds all stacked on one tower.

I'm sick of this "care bear" this and "coward" that bull. Say whatever you want to make yourselves feel good, and high-five the other couple of guilds blobbing around with you while you're at it. What we're trying to avoid is lag. We don't want to PvDoor. We don't want easy fights. We want fights this game's servers can handle, and unfortunately it seems we can't find any. Cyrodiil's PvP is great in theory, but not in practice. The servers can't handle it. All smart players know this. None of them are blissfully unaware. That's why we are trying to avoid zerg campaigns. That's why we're trying to run smaller groups. As unique as the PvP is in this game, I'm really hoping they make battlegrounds so we can actually play without running into this garbage.
    Aldmeri Dominion -J'Ualizz - Siphons-Spirits - S'Renrij - Byz Only Sweeps - Winds-Roots
    Daggerfall Covenant - Lucky Lakhim
    North America
  • Dositheus
    Dositheus
    ✭✭✭

Hah, that was great! You guys have us so much AP, it was like friggin Christmas come early. Ironically, the bridge was one of the least laggy fight areas for me. Chalman I lagged out twice, the tower farm with the scroll.. lagged out 2 or 3 times. But the bridge? That was awesome. And AD had so many vampires for me to shoot in the brown-eye with silver bolts... man I had a bit of a *** after all the vamps I got to stun and gib.

Thanks for feeding our 18 man team, we loved you long time.
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incoming lag fights for the rest of the night in a desperate attempt to dethrone AD
    PC NA

• DatRascal
    DatRascal
    ✭✭✭
    AZ was a fun and active campaign, now since last reset it is simply another Zerg / lag fest. I for one am sad to see another campaign fail due to Zergs / Lag. :(

I think AnteCoyote said it best..."I'm sick of this "care bear" this and "coward" that bull. Say whatever you want to make yourselves feel good, and high-five the other couple of guilds blobbing around with you while you're at it. What we're trying to avoid is lag. We don't want to PvDoor. We don't want easy fights. We want fights this game's servers can handle, and unfortunately it seems we can't find any. Cyrodiil's PvP is great in theory, but not in practice. The servers can't handle it. All smart players know this. None of them are blissfully unaware. That's why we are trying to avoid zerg campaigns. That's why we're trying to run smaller groups. As unique as the PvP is in this game, I'm really hoping they make battlegrounds so we can actually play without running into this garbage."
    Loyalty is the Pledge of Truth to Oneself & Others
    ~Cassiah Rae Coyle NB
    ~Cassiah Rae Sorc
    DatRascal Stamblade

Member Since February 27, 2014
  • TheFamousMockingbird
    Apart from a few awful lag spikes azura's was pretty fun last night. Best part was EP's failed scroll farm at Blackboot. No AD took the bait and they were left there spamming scroll pick up messages while we rolled all their keeps. They tried a few times to clear a path to run the scroll but it was obviously an afterthought.

Strategy much?

• PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apart from a few awful lag spikes azura's was pretty fun last night. Best part was EP's failed scroll farm at Blackboot. No AD took the bait and they were left there spamming scroll pick up messages while we rolled all their keeps. They tried a few times to clear a path to run the scroll but it was obviously an afterthought.

Strategy much?

They have no strategy other than spamming meteor and impulse monkey spam to lag the server out like they just did a couple minutes ago to dethrone AD.
    PC NA

• PikkonMG
    PikkonMG
    ✭✭✭

Strategy much?

They have no strategy other than spamming meteor and impulse monkey spam to lag the server out like they just did a couple minutes ago to dethrone AD.

Only ones I had seen trying to lag the server was AD and it back fired on you guys this time.

Now I have seen every faction do this. I have seen DC, AD, and EP exploiting lag to win. In my OP if your guild does this deliberately, those evolved should be banned as your ruining the game play of others.

And at the same time ZOS needs to fix there game, fix their net code/upgrade their server or whatever cause this is becoming junk.
    Edited by PikkonMG on May 17, 2015 6:05PM
  • Jauriel
    Jauriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    DatRascal wrote: »
    AZ was a fun and active campaign, now since last reset it is simply another Zerg / lag fest. I for one am sad to see another campaign fail due to Zergs / Lag. :(

I think AnteCoyote said it best..."I'm sick of this "care bear" this and "coward" that bull. Say whatever you want to make yourselves feel good, and high-five the other couple of guilds blobbing around with you while you're at it. What we're trying to avoid is lag. We don't want to PvDoor. We don't want easy fights. We want fights this game's servers can handle, and unfortunately it seems we can't find any. Cyrodiil's PvP is great in theory, but not in practice. The servers can't handle it. All smart players know this. None of them are blissfully unaware. That's why we are trying to avoid zerg campaigns. That's why we're trying to run smaller groups. As unique as the PvP is in this game, I'm really hoping they make battlegrounds so we can actually play without running into this garbage."

AZ was fun. Makes me sad to see it go down the toilet this way. :(
  • ArcVelarian
    ArcVelarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are legitimate lagspoiters who dump garbage micro commands on the server to lag out the local area. Those guys you can actually spot with ease. They could literally be afk and still make ping within 30 in-game meters sky-rocket.

Then, of course, there's the cookie-cut ability spamming zerg ball groups who use a crappily implemented interior lighting patch to lag out the ENTIRE server.

The former I haven't encountered for a few weeks now(which makes me think Zeni game masters are doing their job in Cyrodiil for once), and the latter is quite active and quite infuriating. The only way they can fix this in the meantime is to give us the option in our Graphics settings to turn the "improved" interior lighting off.

EDIT: The absolute root of all the technical problems with massively scaled PvP in ESO could be the fact this game only has a 32bit client even though the -iest computers and "next-gen" consoles run 64bit. 4GBs of RAM use is nowhere NEAR enough for some of the PvP in Cyrodiil.
    Edited by ArcVelarian on May 18, 2015 12:45AM
    Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So a friend of a guildie of mine told me tonight that AD thought they were farming EP at the gate of Ghartok for hours.

No AD, I assure you it was you who were getting the short end of that deal, oh my lawd, I got the tail end and 70k AP in just 90 minutes when I came over.

I wish id been there for the whole thing.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    So a friend of a guildie of mine told me tonight that AD thought they were farming EP at the gate of Ghartok for hours.

No AD, I assure you it was you who were getting the short end of that deal, oh my lawd, I got the tail end and 70k AP in just 90 minutes when I came over.

I was tempted to send AD players a tell asking them nicely to stop coming into the gate for about five minutes to give every one a bio break and so that they'd be worth more AP again.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was tempted to send AD players a tell asking them nicely to stop coming into the gate for about five minutes to give every one a bio break and so that they'd be worth more AP again.

It pretty obvious what EP is doing, after all, thats what AD did EP in thornblade.
    Btw, I heard Kingscrest was completely destroyed and that it was renamed swiss cheese lmao.
    Edited by PainfulFAFA on May 19, 2015 2:20AM
    PC NA

• sheenkid
    sheenkid
    I think we can all agree that anyone in this thread not in Guild of Shadows is clearly jealous of our recently adopted special seekrit weapon strategy. The batzaz has risen.

this.
    Sheenkid Von Danzig - VR16 Breton Templar Healer GoS
  • Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭
    sheenkid wrote: »

this.

confirmed.
    Vehemence