The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

EU-Haderus Topic!

• pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scroll farming has been going on since launch in various forms. Zenimax changed some of the mechanics around June last year. Didn't touch it since. They seem pretty happy with the mechanics now.

Not an exploit.

And obviously you haven't seen them exploiting as your answer is a textbook example of what everyone says when they have absolutely no proof of anything.

Seriously, tell them you think they suck as much as you want, but if you're going to call someone an exploiter the *** burden of proof is on you and you ONLY.
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [...]
    [Moderator Note: Removed moderated quote]

We PvP and earn a lot of AP from it, Maybe go back to Sanctum if you can't handle PvP. We farm AP by killing lots of players efficiently with the least ammount of people we can do it with.

I really don't care about your enjoyment in the game, We enjoy ourselves and have a good laugh along the way :) I don't know who you are but according to this post we are superior to you, But hey sometimes we win and sometimes we lose. :)

Silly rumours, We will continue to grief on PC format, Sorry guys! Your also correct about people should be excluded from
    internet use, I mean it's 2015 if people get upset on a game then the internet isn't for them. :)
    [...]

I don't need to brag, our actions speak ingame.

[...]

Guess what, there are players out there who ain´t mainly one thing or another. I make use of all aspects of the game and I play pvp just as much as pve. And in both parts I move somewhere in the average. That I put the one thing I was first in into my signature doesn´t indicate I can´t grasp your special tactics in pvp.

And it´s not about getting owned, it´s about the attitude how someone thinks about the best way of getting AP. I can see people are free in their decision how they manage to get these precious pvp ranks. But I´m also free in my oppinion on their way to do it.
    pppontus wrote: »
    You're still not getting the point: you getting owned isn't an exploit or griefing. It's pvp. Nobody likes getting steamrolled by a train, but this is the meta of elder scrolls online. Zenimax created every mechanic they use, yes Zenimax is oblivious and doesn't understand how their mechanics will be put to use by the players, but that is still not cause to call someone an exploiter.
    If you want to call them exploiters you better be ready with proof of, or at minimum information about, what bug/mechanic they supposedly exploited. In case you weren't aware naming and shaming is still a bannable offense around here.

What benefit would I get from explaining or proofing to you? Only result would be another contemptous posting calling me a butthurt noob who got beaten in pvp which clearly isn´t the reason or put the blame on Zenimax because they provide the buggy mechanics which are used. Never ever will any of you admit that even if there is a way to use to make use of a broken mechanic in the game it is up to the players themselves if they use it or not. It´s about self-restraint, but again, making not use of such things just induces "pro-players" like you to call people who refuse to use these "pugs" because they weaken themselves by not doing so.

Neither did I name and shame, I directly adressed him. No mod has contacted me about that yet nor has anyone edited my posting.

But I give it a try and tell you a little one example, not an exploit, because this indeed should be told directly to a gm or via report - just a tactic which in my oppinion should not be used because it drives new players off the game. And once again, I never ever fell once on this trick, I just observed it:

Taking a scroll with your raid out of the keep; instead of bringing it back to your own keep (absolutely easy because 95% of the playerbase fighting at the other end of the map, to take this scroll was indeed a very clever move) the whole raid enters a house standing outside in the pve area of cyrodiil and starting to camp there and wait for enemy players to arrive. Every single player who enters gets a loading screen only to find his corpse lying on the ground after loading screens ends.

Yea people are stupid and enter again and again. They are even more stupid because they are told not to enter and are told before what is gonna happen if they enter anyway.
    Yea it´s on the side of ZOS that there is a loading screen which should not be.

But is it in any way beneficial to the game or in any way competitive or any sign of skill? In my oppionion clearly not, in my oppinion this is the kind of most despicable gameplay. I am sure you will see it from another perspective and tell me that´s the way to go if you want to be one of the big guns in cyro...And again, this is one little example. I won´t share anymore because I don´t feel obliged to exculpate myself to you more than I already did. For things that you would agree are abuses and exploits I will continue to use the ingame ways to make them known. Either take a stance against or for these tactics but stop lecturing me on forum etiquette or on how the system is flawed, I won´t comment anymore on that.[/quote]

Don't interupt our rave inside the inn with our glowy lights, we just want a quiet drink and a dance. But seriously either kill us or don't follow us :) Your choice.

Maybe you can elaborate what exploits we are using?
    Edited by ZOS_EveP on May 6, 2015 11:00AM
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [...]

I could say the same to you dear, keep repeating it and it might be true. You and your friends can kid yourselves that you're getting beat because EXPLOIT instead of because you were simply stupid enough to walk in.

It's like tower farming, if you still haven't learned that maybe you shouldn't *** go in unless you can actually beat the guys on the other side then maybe take a long hard look at why you make such bad decisions and adjust your gameplay.

You died, yep, it hurts but get over it. I'm just trying to help you, I have nothing to do with exile and I wasn't there and I pretty much never play on TB anyway, but your making yourself a laughing stock by making groundless claims about exploits and crap.

If you came in here and said that going past a loading screen with a scroll and then farming was cheesy, annoying and zero skill - I'd have said yep, you're 100% correct. Difference between you and me is I just look at that house/mountain/whatever and say *** it and go somewhere else. If y'all left them there alone with nothing to kill, can you guess how bored they'd be? That's all you need to do to "grief" them back, make sure no one enters. ;)

But you had to call it an exploit with zero evidence towards it being that. If it was, don't you think ZOS would have stopped scrolls from travelling to instanced areas now that people have been doing this for 13 months?
  • Legedric
    Legedric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bundys_popcorn.gif

I like the entertainment factor in this thread powered by G0ku :wink:
    Edited by Legedric on May 6, 2015 6:31AM
    Legedric the Flamedancer ► - Redguard Dragon Knight
    Legedric the Stormdancer ► - Altmer Sorcerer
    Legedric the Sundancer ► - Altmer Templar

EU | DRUCKWELLE - Retter des Kaiserreiches
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Goku Yeah, farmng a scroll inside a house doesn't require any skill and is cheesy, I'll give you that. But the farming is just the reward for being able to carry it halfway across the map being chased by hordes of players, and finaly making it to that house and getting everyone in without leaving someone dead on the doorstep.
    Especially since usually, running to those pve places means running away from your keeps, away from reinforcements.
    If anything, you should be thankful that they don't bring the scroll home, as you'll get it back when it resets.
    I have no clue why you would call it griefing though, it's just a simple mechanic that has been here since launch, and it used to be far worse with the ground oils.

You say you don't want to elaborate about the exploiting because the forum is not the place to do it... but yet you still call Exile exploiters and think it's ok ? You're not shaming one player you're shaming an entire guild ! So please, tell us what exploit you've seen, we're really curious.
    You are free of having an opinion about their tactics, thiking it's cheesy, you're not free to call them exploiters for no reason
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [...]

Use rapid manoeuver, immovable, roll dodge ? Sorry but this is a L2P issue and lame argument.
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Legedric
    Legedric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [...]

Ok to sum it up for the day so we can move on to more interesting topics:

G0ku's opinion is if someone is using superior tactics to wreck their opponents, it's making PvP not enjoyable for mentioned opponents.

Well, you should probably think about what's PvP for you... everyone doing standardized crap all day long or putting some thought into: "How can I turn my enemies into dust efficiently?" including "Out of the box thinking", "Baiting", "Farming idiots"

The later is what we've got today and you are complaining about. The alternative is pretty much on the same fun level as playing Solitaire online.

• Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    G0ku wrote: »
    Every single player who enters gets a loading screen only to find his corpse lying on the ground after loading screens ends.

Use rapid manoeuver, immovable, roll dodge ? Sorry but this is a L2P issue and lame argument.
    Really? You think that these skills will save you when you try to enter into a house in Cyrodiil and the train is waiting for you on the other side? What roll dodge when you are on loading screen. The problem is that there are a lot of "new" or unexperienced players who do it. I hope they will learn from their mistakes.
    The main problem is the PvP campaign design. Why a group of players will prefer to farm AP with the scroll rather than bring the scroll back to their keeps?
    Edited by Bashev on May 6, 2015 9:26AM
    Because I can!
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    Really? You think that these skills will save you when you try to enter into a house in Cyrodiil and the train is waiting for you on the other side? What roll dodge when you are on loading screen.

Yes they will ( rapid, dodge & immovable = no CC) and loading screen is instant, come on.... You know you can actually interact with your character before the loading screen ends by the way?? (just a tip).

@G0ku If you think zergs exploit lag/bugs when scroll farming well... I don't know what to say. The only example you choose to demonstrate your argument has nothing to do with lag or exploiting. It is a L2P issue.

And Scroll farming is a really fun activity and it brings new activities to the map... you have at least something to do. You should actually thank people for taking the scroll and for trying to bring a bit of life in this boring Cyrodiil. They are the only ones making you go to places you would have never been by yourself.
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on May 6, 2015 10:09AM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Rhakar
    Rhakar
    ✭✭
    And Scroll farming is a really fun activity and it brings new activities to the map... you have at least something to do. You should actually thank people for taking the scroll and for trying to bring a bit of life in this boring Cyrodiil. They are the only ones making you go to places you would have never been by yourself.
    This
    Edited by Rhakar on May 6, 2015 11:18AM
    War Inc. Leader - EP/EU Italian PvP Guild
    Guild recruit - Youtube Channel
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's like tower farming, if you still haven't learned that maybe you shouldn't *** go in unless you can actually beat the guys on the other side then maybe take a long hard look at why you make such bad decisions and adjust your gameplay.
    Again I repeat it for the last time and don´t elaborate further so you don´t have to filter the essential information which you can´t seem to understand: I did not go in neither I was affected myself by any of these tactics in the at least past 11 months I merely observed what was going on.
    Legedric wrote: »
    bundys_popcorn.gif
    I like the entertainment factor in this thread powered by G0ku :wink:
    :wink:

Etaniel wrote: »
    You say you don't want to elaborate about the exploiting because the forum is not the place to do it... but yet you still call Exile exploiters and think it's ok ? You're not shaming one player you're shaming an entire guild !
    My first posting adressed Abraxus directly, in english there is only "you", each for individual and several persons. Second thing is the wording of exploit you all seem to rage on. I phrased my words according to what I was thaught in english lessons not by some nerdy netcode you guys seem to follow, apparently your definiton of exploit makes you think I accused you of something similar to child abuse. Other translation of my intended meaning would be - to impose on - to sponge on -to prey upon. Just choose one if you live better with one of these.

The message stays the same: your way makes pvp less enjoyable for a whole lot of players out there and partially drives them away from the game - but as Abraxus so eloquently elaborated before, he does not care. And the fact I knew before that he does not care is the one and only reason I made a posting like the initial one.

But that´s a thing people like you will never understand, you will always assume that your superior skill made people like me die in pvp and that´s the only reason of our reluctance. You are too narrow-minded to even try to see how this affects other players even if not harmed directly or the game in the whole. And be sure that I tell the very same thing to some cheesy groups in my very own faction whenever I observe it.

Dude, it's not like I care whether you got farmed or not. I couldn't care less. It's the bloody wording you use.

If I told you that you got your precious achievement points or "First EU Group to finish Dragonstar Hardmode without DK" through exploits because I don't like your tactic (hey, you probably cheesed the last boss!) I don't think you'll be very thrilled. There's a difference between saying "your strategies make pvp boring and laggy, and you suck" and "your tactics are exploits and you're griefing". If you don't see that, sorry but I think your intellect might have broke.

An exploit in the gaming world is defined as:
    Something that takes advantage of a bug, glitch or vulnerability in order to cause unintended or unanticipated behavior to occur on computer software.

Throwing unfounded accusations at people on a public forum is not a display of your superior intellect, no matter how much you believe that it is. In fact, it makes you look pretty dumb.
  • Legedric
    Legedric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude, it's not like I care whether you got farmed or not. I couldn't care less. It's the bloody wording you use.

If I told you that you got your precious achievement points or "First EU Group to finish Dragonstar Hardmode without DK" through exploits because I don't like your tactic (hey, you probably cheesed the last boss!) I don't think you'll be very thrilled. There's a difference between saying "your strategies make pvp boring and laggy, and you suck" and "your tactics are exploits and you're griefing". If you don't see that, sorry but I think your intellect might have broke.

An exploit in the gaming world is defined as:
    Something that takes advantage of a bug, glitch or vulnerability in order to cause unintended or unanticipated behavior to occur on computer software.

Throwing unfounded accusations at people on a public forum is not a display of your superior intellect, no matter how much you believe that it is. In fact, it makes you look pretty dumb.

This ^^

• RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suppose there is a well-known PvP guild with a leader whose orders, as has been quite well established before, everyone must follow. Suppose that guild goes to farm AP with a scroll. Suppose one of the members of that guild logs on with a character that belongs to the faction that will be getting farmed. Suppose that member of the guild who is logged on with the getting-farmed-faction character outright lies to the getting-farmed-faction about how many farmers there are inside the building ("two") and says, let's go in. Suppose the leader of that PvP guild is farming AP right there with the guild. And suppose that member of the guild later gets to pick up the scroll and transfer the scroll all the way to the wrong side of the map, with no one able to stop them since obviously you can't attack a member of your own faction...

Hmm... "Fascinating".
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
  • Beesting
    Beesting
    ✭✭✭✭
    Suppose there is a well-known PvP guild with a leader whose orders, as has been quite well established before, everyone must follow. Suppose that guild goes to farm AP with a scroll. Suppose one of the members of that guild logs on with a character that belongs to the faction that will be getting farmed. Suppose that member of the guild who is logged on with the getting-farmed-faction character outright lies to the getting-farmed-faction about how many farmers there are inside the building ("two") and says, let's go in. Suppose the leader of that PvP guild is farming AP right there with the guild. And suppose that member of the guild later gets to pick up the scroll and transfer the scroll all the way to the wrong side of the map, with no one able to stop them since obviously you can't attack a member of your own faction...

Hmm... "Fascinating".

I suppose that would leave a bad taste in a lot of new pvp players mouths and because summer is here, they would log out

But there is always the xbox launch soon, xbox scrubs to farm i guess,

Oh wait, that is just a rumor...
    Beesting, Bosmer Magica DK, AD EU, crafter
    Slager, Dunmer Magica DK, DC EU, pvp
    Farmer, Dunmer Magica DK, AD EU, trials build

Every major patch looks like the end of the world but somehow i just cannot stop playing.
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    This evening, "Now", live, Hadérus absolutly unplayable, mass lag for everyone on map.
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Every single player who enters gets a loading screen only to find his corpse lying on the ground after loading screens ends.

Really? You think that these skills will save you when you try to enter into a house in Cyrodiil and the train is waiting for you on the other side? What roll dodge when you are on loading screen. The problem is that there are a lot of "new" or unexperienced players who do it. I hope they will learn from their mistakes.
    The main problem is the PvP campaign design. Why a group of players will prefer to farm AP with the scroll rather than bring the scroll back to their keeps?

Simple answer - don't go in unless you have a team ready to barrier/nova/veil/aoe - instead set up your own kill zone outside the door of the building so that they can't run out with the scroll and wait for the reset. Job done.

Don't blame players for this - as you suggest yourself ZOS have designed PvP so that AP are king and the best ways to gain AP are not necessarily the best ways to play/win a campaign. i.e. running a scroll from an enemy temple all the way across the map gains you 0 AP unless you have the quest, sitting in a house and farming players gets you thousands...
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • azoriangaming
    azoriangaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    are we going to wake up to a full yellow map every day yawns
  • Maphusail
    Maphusail
    ✭✭✭

And go asleep with entire map blue
  • MoneyOverEverything
    hahaha, go back to sanctum if u cant handle pvp
    made my day

or maybe continue playin hearthstone or minecraft

or maybe reroll dc orc-sorc and join exile, abraxus will heal u!

how does that sound?

#makethemcasualsragequit
    Edited by MoneyOverEverything on May 19, 2015 5:00PM
    Don`t nerf the hype.
  • azoriangaming
    azoriangaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    hahaha, go back to sanctum if u cant handle pvp
    made my day

or maybe continue playin hearthstone or minecraft

or maybe reroll dc orc-sorc and join exile, abraxus will heal u!

how does that sound?

#makethemcasualsragequit

exile been there done that got the t-shirt former exile officer here and also exiles first emperor laddo ;)
    Edited by azoriangaming on May 20, 2015 6:10AM
  • azoriangaming
    azoriangaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maphusail wrote: »

what more do you want most of the time we leave you the home keeps and even move to azura so you can get a foot in the campaign again so you not get too disheartened we don't want to destroy the campaign we want fun pvp battles
    Edited by azoriangaming on May 20, 2015 6:09AM
  • Maphusail
    Maphusail
    ✭✭✭
    Maphusail wrote: »

what more do you want most of the time we leave you the home keeps and even move to azura so you can get a foot in the campaign again so you not get too disheartened we don't want to destroy the campaign we want fun pvp battles

As for me I personnaly have enough space and time to kick DC's asses :-p The main problem is that yellow in general can't create something stable to balance the situation on the server.
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People perfer to farm AP cus theres litteraly no reasons to win a campaign in terms of rewards that are compareble to what AP can give you. AP gives gold from selling items bought for AP. You want golden rewards? The top 2% on the leaderboards get them, how do you get top 2%? thats right, AP. How do you get skill points from pvp ranks? etc the list goes on. What do you get for winning a campaign? like 30k gold... thats 2 stacks of potions. :/
    :]
  • MoneyOverEverything
    i always support the ad-scroll-farm operation so doge can get rank 50 faster and i can pay him 50k gold to kill him and achieve that color and doge will be the only who hasnt that color for the next 5 following month

I_o_OI_
    Don`t nerf the hype.
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Scroll farming is love, scroll farming is life
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• azoriangaming
    azoriangaming
    ✭✭✭✭

People perfer to farm AP cus theres litteraly no reasons to win a campaign in terms of rewards that are compareble to what AP can give you. AP gives gold from selling items bought for AP. You want golden rewards? The top 2% on the leaderboards get them, how do you get top 2%? thats right, AP. How do you get skill points from pvp ranks? etc the list goes on. What do you get for winning a campaign? like 30k gold... thats 2 stacks of potions. :/

yes I totally agree the reward system for pvp is a joke i'll be honest with you my home is usually the campaign that is blue due to if ever needed for pve buffs, the 2% prizes are easily farmable through other means so it renders them useless, ap farming is the way to go if you want to get anything done in this game and if people are stupid enough to fall into a trap then shame on you.
    Edited by azoriangaming on May 21, 2015 3:01PM
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i always support the ad-scroll-farm operation so doge can get rank 50 faster and i can pay him 50k gold to kill him and achieve that color and doge will be the only who hasnt that color for the next 5 following month

I_o_OI_

Sorry to say, but the kill achivment is bugged! BUt is that a suprise? something related to PvP Isnt working properly in ESO! :D
    :]
  • azoriangaming
    azoriangaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    lagging so bad that you can't use a door woo love this game. after the lag went away it was good fun thumbs up to banana squad always great action when you're around.
    Edited by azoriangaming on May 30, 2015 1:44AM
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Haderus seems to be another DC campaign next to Chillrend. 60 blue zerging around including organized raids. Just good there is barely any actual defense these days despite locked ADs of the server would just die.
    Earlier this week when I was emp we could enjoy long minutes of 999+ with 3 organized guild groups of DC attacking the same damn keep and 2 AD guilds going there to defend... Hopefully next campaign will be better although I doubt that somehow.

Edited by Sanct16 on June 3, 2015 5:42AM
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bump

Just to say that EU-haderus is now a full farming AD campaign.

Few french guilds were here as last stand on DC side, very few EP teams, and with holidays AD teens just outnumbered other factions over and over with morning emp /scroll almost each day.
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil