Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [EXTENDED] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Console Australia servers

RageDeathBox
Wondering if there has been any talk of maybe an Oceanic megaserver for console. I play on PC and am transferring over on release and connection from AUS to the megaservers for PvP hasn't been great to say the very least.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even with a dedicated Oceanic server, there will not be enough people to have decent PvP. The biggest issue is that population in Oceanic countries is much smaller then EU and NA.

Oceanic (Australia and new zealand): 27 million
    NA (Canada and US): 337 million
    EU: 742 million

So the average amount of people playing in Oceanic countries have to be a lot higher to make it worthwhile.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • RocknRolla
    RocknRolla
    Soul Shriven
    I for one would be very interested in an Oceania or Asia based server.
    The lag from Australia to the US server is total crap.
    there is almost 40 million in the oceania group.
    If the server was located in Singapore or Hong kong then that would allow most of Asia and Oceania to connect to it at a better speed than either of the 2 current offerings.
    Current Asia population is around 4.3 billion which makes your US and EU stats look pretty *** weak.
    So it just looks like the creators of this game really don't care about anyone outside their backyard.
    Even the EU servers are located in the US.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would imagine any Oceanic server would also bring in a crowd from Asian countries, so that would increase the potential player numbers. What would be more efficient; an Asian server with Oceanic players, or an Oceanic server with Asian players?
    RocknRolla wrote: »
    Even the EU servers are located in the US.
    No they're not, they're in Frankfurt.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    I would imagine any Oceanic server would also bring in a crowd from Asian countries

Those numbers are actually rather dissapointing.

Keep in mind that most chinese can't play ESO, and it might even be blocked if the chinese government is not allowed to monitor chat (which I do hope they are not).
    Even in the modern countries where they can play western MMO's freely, the Asians have (commonly) a very different taste for games then we have.

Asian market is therefor rather small.

Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While we can live in hope that us Aussies get an Oceanic/Asian server, the fact is we simply don't have the numbers to justify it. It doesn't really bother me, I play on the Yanks server and it works fine.
  • Necronhex
    Necronhex
    ✭✭✭
    They tried this with swtor and it flopped due to population issues and I will never make the mistake of playing NA server again.
    Necron Hex
    Have you not heard of the Dark Brotherhood? Of the remorseless guild of paid assassins and homicidal cutthroats? Join us and you'll find the Dark Brotherhood all that and so much more. We are more than anything a union of like minded individuals.
    Lucien Lachance
  • scmlego
    scmlego
    I play on the Xbox One console from Australia and never had a problem though I have a great connection. The issue for me is when the server goes down for maintenance though I've noticed it has been better recently.

The issue for me is that there are no back up servers so when they go down, they are down!