The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Thornblade NA - AD Join the Resistance

Kupoking
Kupoking
✭✭✭✭✭
Dont allow yourself to be defeated!
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

I came in tonight with four members of Aldmeri Vice, and spent the better part of the night in TS questioning why we were the only v14 AD in sight.

Im done with thorn. Meanwhile, having a blast on Blackwater where the server doesnt lag, there isnt a group of reds gate camping with sharpened spell pen builds (broken, using it for every advantage they can get of course), and where there actually seem to be people willing to work together instead of play zone wars all night.
    Edited by Rylana on April 5, 2015 4:16AM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Da Sandman
    Da Sandman
    ✭✭✭
    Well hey at least our pve'rs finally got a buff server, right?
    Da Sandman

Havöc
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thornblade -- It died, not with a bang, nor a whimper, but with the cry of "LFG Dolmens".
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The resistance is on! Welcome into the fray DC
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2376936-0175006112-leapi.gif

VICTORY!
    Edited by Hypertionb14_ESO on April 5, 2015 11:59PM
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forrest Gump as his crew are too good for me. Even when we isolate a 7 on 1 they will just heal quicker than we can DPS to kill them.

Then their cavalry arrives meteor, snipe, frag comes in = dead in 1 second.
    Edited by jelliedsoup on April 6, 2015 1:43AM
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was fun to see that our actions dragged some allies to the cause. We even had a few great fights against havok.
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭

VICTORY!

This is so sad! If i am not mistaken, these poor critters are the type to migrate due to overpopulation, and die in mass when they encounter bodies of water
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

VICTORY!

This is so sad! If i am not mistaken, these poor critters are the type to migrate due to overpopulation, and die in mass when they encounter bodies of water

Or, more likely, be spooked over a cliff by a Disney film crew:

Stupid Myth is Stupid.
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭

VICTORY!

Or, more likely, be spooked over a cliff by a Disney film crew:

Stupid Myth is Stupid.

They got dat sweet pik doe!

Also, this is hilarious to me that i was taught this behavior by someone holding a PhD while studying Biology... I guess the easiest way to continue misinformation is to assume someone knows too much... when its really too little =X
    Edited by FireCowCommando on April 6, 2015 3:18PM
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    As an EP alliance member, I must say I MISS YOU GUYS!!! *cries*

Really, I do...I want to see a more even map again.

<3
    @ElizabethInTamriel
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's kinda funny. That certain guild ruined PvP for themselves.

Now that everyone knows to avoid them.. all they'll have left for opponents are those who don't know better. Which they'll probably enjoy for a bit, but is going to get really boring really fast.

And eventually, they'll be asking "Where'd everyone go?" durrrrr

forrestgump.jpg
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are on the map tonite
  • Earendal
    Earendal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bouvin wrote: »

Now that everyone knows to avoid them.. all they'll have left for opponents are those who don't know better. Which they'll probably enjoy for a bit, but is going to get really boring really fast.

forrestgump.jpg

I'd hardly say we ruined the campaign. I'd say our competition got tired of being beaten into corners on a daily basis by the combined and coordinated effort of the several EP guilds that put a lot of hard work and dedication in to the campaign. To imply that one group is responsible is short-sighted, but probably as to be expected, from the people on these forums.

Almost every night, a certain AD guild has been attempting to crown their leader, which, to my knowledge, hasn't advanced anywhere past the AD emp keeps before being reduced to a tower farm that eventually gets blown apart. It is funny to note that their entire strategy seems to be stacking as many people as they can on the tower door while spamming meteor and heals. Odd that they're so quick to use the vary tactics that they profess to despise.

Thorn politics aside, we'll keep our buff server for Perichor (so he can finally clear HRC) while guesting on other campaigns, just like we've been doing every night. Who knows what will happen after this campaign ends. Rest assured, if there is a fight to be had, we'll be in the middle of it. :smile:
    Earendal - AD Templar
    Earendal Ebonheart - EP Templar
    Earendal Spellstorm - EP Sorcerer

Haxus and Havoc
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Earendal wrote: »

forrestgump.jpg

I'd hardly say we ruined the campaign. I'd say our competition got tired of being beaten into corners on a daily basis by the combined and coordinated effort of the several EP guilds that put a lot of hard work and dedication in to the campaign. To imply that one group is responsible is short-sighted, but probably as to be expected, from the people on these forums.

Almost every night, a certain AD guild has been attempting to crown their leader, which, to my knowledge, hasn't advanced anywhere past the AD emp keeps before being reduced to a tower farm that eventually gets blown apart. It is funny to note that their entire strategy seems to be stacking as many people as they can on the tower door while spamming meteor and heals. Odd that they're so quick to use the vary tactics that they profess to despise.

Thorn politics aside, we'll keep our buff server for Perichor (so he can finally clear HRC) while guesting on other campaigns, just like we've been doing every night. Who knows what will happen after this campaign ends. Rest assured, if there is a fight to be had, we'll be in the middle of it. :smile:

wat.

Perichor is trying to clear Hillary Rodham Clinton?

Is he a Scientologist?
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

forrestgump.jpg

FENGRUSH knows everyone else knows, but this server was ditched due to lag. Even if hard work and dedication was exercised, it was not the cause. Sorry to break your heart. Keep preaching otherwise.
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

forrestgump.jpg

I'd hardly say we ruined the campaign. I'd say our competition got tired of being nightcapped into corners and lagged out/crashed to desktop on a daily basis by the combined and coordinated effort of the EP zergs that put little work and dedication in to the campaign.

FTFY

Ah FENGRUSH beat me to it. Sentiment is the same.
    Edited by Takllin on April 14, 2015 3:36PM
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • corx3
    corx3
    ✭✭✭
    The resistance is on! Welcome into the fray DC

Inb4 AD "resistance" is capping Ash and pushing glade. TKO's hateboner for blue is top kek. I hope you continue to stack 72 people in a tower and continue to get farmed for all eternity.
    Edited by corx3 on April 14, 2015 4:05PM
  • corx3
    corx3
    ✭✭✭

forrestgump.jpg

Moral victories are poor replacements for real victories. But we were beaten not on account of a lack of ability or willingness to fight. When we cannot defend flags from being flipped due to abilities not working and when we cannot defend scrolls from being picked up due to damage not registering we're not fighting against red. We're fighting against a *** game engine that can't handle what ought to be normal PvP conditions. If we could use our abilities, we would have never left Thorn. Heck, we might even have won it at the rate things were going. I suppose it doesn't matter. The lag world boss claims another.
  • Earendal
    Earendal
    ✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    FENGRUSH knows everyone else knows, but this server was ditched due to lag. Even if hard work and dedication was exercised, it was not the cause. Sorry to break your heart. Keep preaching otherwise.

Ditching one server for another to avoid lag is a futile exercise. Other servers lag during big fights, and big fights and high populations were simply more consistent on Thorn. The next FOTM server will suffer the same fate as Thorn. Just like Wabbajack and AB before it. What do you expect on a server with twice the population and action of any of the others? Will people continue to migrate to low population, and low competition servers in a futile effort to avoid lag? Or will we continue to have the segregated buff server BS that we have now? Me, I'll take the fights and deal with the lag.

I do find it funny that DC had no problem sticking it out with the lag last campaign when the score was closer. EP had a major guild leave at the beginning of the campaign leaving us at an extreme disadvantage against the combined forces of AD/DC. Luckily for EP, a couple guilds stepped up to the plate and really helped turn the tides, and eventually win the campaign.

As for the comment by @Takllin, it was definitely DC who was doing the nightcapping last campaign (not that you'd see us complaining about it), and you seem to forget the combined and coordinated zergs by AD/DC that left us at the gates many different nights. All of your revisions work both ways.
    Earendal - AD Templar

Haxus and Havoc
  • corx3
    corx3
    ✭✭✭
    Ditching one server for another to avoid lag is a futile exercise. Other servers lag during big fights, and big fights and high populations were simply more consistent on Thorn. The next FOTM server will suffer the same fate as Thorn. Just like Wabbajack and AB before it. What do you expect on a server with twice the population and action of any of the others? Will people continue to migrate to low population, and low competition servers in a futile effort to avoid lag? Or will we continue to have the segregated buff server BS that we have now? Me, I'll take the fights and deal with the lag.

It's not a futile exercise because we can avoid lag by not being on the laggy server. We do the campaign shuffle every night avoiding the lag monster. Also, the servers we play on are hardly low competition. Between Azura's, Chillrend, and Haderus we bump into Decibel, Alacrity, Havoc (you guys), and organized pug zergs whose names I don't really know.
    I do find it funny that DC had no problem sticking it out with the lag last campaign when the score was closer. EP had a major guild leave at the beginning of the campaign leaving us at an extreme disadvantage against the combined forces of AD/DC. Luckily for EP, a couple guilds stepped up to the plate and really helped turn the tides, and eventually win the campaign.

We stuck it out because we had a concerted effort towards winning. That victory was swept under our feet because of our inability to use abilities and register damage. We lost keeps and scrolls with our organized guilds sitting there getting flags capped because we don't have enough people lagstacking them or none of our damage registers so scrolls can simply get picked up.
    As for the comment by @Takllin, it was definitely DC who was doing the nightcapping last campaign (not that you'd see us complaining about it), and you seem to forget the combined and coordinated zergs by AD/DC that left us at the gates many different nights. All of your revisions work both ways.

I stayed up to help out Shortbus many times. I assure you it was not "night capping" like AD and EP have done or morning capping like DC has done. Rather, there were even populations that Shortbus was simply outfighting. When other red guilds started staying up, our constant need to keep organized guilds in the south to keep AD off of Ash and Glade spread us too thin.

Edited by corx3 on April 14, 2015 4:25PM
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Pvping for weeks without having lag that jams the server up for 10 minutes... oh yea its really been futile! Theres capped pops on multiple servers every night at prime time. You will take the fights and deal with the lag because you dont have a choice due to playstyle. FENGRUSH is the fortunate winner to have a choice to PVP without the lag.

But please continue painting this picture of your campaign victories. FENGRUSH does not care for the status of the war, only the glory of the battle.
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not futile at all. There is a HUGE difference between the small lag that happens on smaller servers, and the game crippling lag/crashing that occurred on Thornblade, and now Chillrend.

The death of Thornblade has actually lead to the death of buff servers, so your complaint is null and void here. There used to be three buff campaigns, two AD(Azuras, Haderus) and one DC(Chillrend). There is currently not a single buff server for any faction.

I can't speak to anything that has happened in the past two months on Thornblade, I've been on Chillrend, and now Azuras since. Obviously DC wanted to win the campaign...you can't just try and lag people out and assume they will up and quit when it's actually competitive, unlike how it was previously when I was on Thornblade.

You're right not to complain, that would make you a blatant hypocrite. I don't participate in gate camping, nor mass zerging. I also don't spam AoEs and ultimates on flag keeps.Though I am sure as hell glad the rest of AD/DC gave you a taste of what you've done to us for a while now. Your faction ruined the campaign. People from EP even have admitted as much...yet you still can't understand this how? You used cheese tactics to win the campaigns, and frankly people got tired of your antics, so we left.

• Earendal
    Earendal
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is currently not a single buff server for any faction.

lol?
    Earendal - AD Templar

Haxus and Havoc
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've fought tooth and nail on Thornblade, I wrangled PUGs when no one else wanted to. I pushed and pushed for the faction to get off it's rear and work together and you know where it got me?

A 1 way ticket to Chillrend. You can't fix stupid.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had hoped Thornblade would be the New Wabbajack, and for the first 2 iterations it was. And then schisms and then Lighting Update lag and then the Red Sea.

I've washed my hands of it.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd say our competition got tired of being beaten into corners on a daily basis by the combined and coordinated effort of the several EP guilds that put a lot of hard work and dedication in to the campaign.

giphy.gif

Cool story bro.
    Edited by RinaldoGandolphi on April 14, 2015 5:37PM
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is currently not a single buff server for any faction.

lol?

All three servers I just listed are now moderately-highly contested by all three factions now. Unless you consider Thornblade to be a buff campaign?

That being taken into account, last I checked, 1 is less than 3. So again, your argument has no merit. GG.

Have anything more intelligent to add?

• kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

forrestgump.jpg

@Earendal , dude....
    I know you been out there, i know you haven't been living under a rock. Maybe your guildies keep tight lips on certain "activities", but I honestly don't believe you can blatantly deny the shadiness that is 5 non-emp EP beating an entire zerg of yellow on "we ep got skill".

Ruined a campaign? Nah bruh you just chased blue entirely off the map & every yellow except my guild & pugs.

A certain guild hasn't progressed past the AD emp keeps???
    BRUH...
    We took every keep for emp except 2 when we were joking around last tuesday; then we fought the lag "cough" shadiness "cough" that happens every time we search for a fair fight.

As for strategy, how do you expect us to battle someone/people who's got 75% dmg reduction due to in game bugs.

-smeh
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
This discussion has been closed.