The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Road Ahead

Wolfshead
Wolfshead
✭✭✭✭
So when well we get a new The Road Ahead for it is 31st of March now and i for one would like to know what ZoS have for plans for next few month and plz dont tell me we will not get any new info just for you guys at ZoS is wait for release to consoles for to be honest it would be nice to know when we will see 1st DLC coming and how often will you add new thing to Crown shop little info would not hurt :smile:
If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
What we do in life, echoes in eternity
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why ask when you don't want to hear what you know they're going to say?

They'd be beyond stupid to announce dates for content releases until the console launch and the inevitable weeks of problems that is going to cause have settled down.

Even if they said "September" (which IMO is more than likely) they still wouldn't be in a position to be sure of being able to do that until end-June at the very earliest as I see it.
    Options
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to start hearing about things post console release, I think we all know not much is going to happen until then, when can we expect the first DLC, and is there any plans for a real expansion, usually most mmo's do that around the one year anniversary.

Any progress being made with the technical issues ?
    Options
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The road ahead??? :dizzy:
    DSC_2418.jpg
    Edited by P3ZZL3 on March 31, 2015 8:57AM
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
    Options
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    21_19_21---Road-Closed-and-Diversion-Signs_web.jpg
    Options
  • tiamak
    tiamak
    ✭✭✭
    At the moment, they're probably too busy fixing smaller and bigger issues with 2.0. They've been pushing patches on a weekly basis since the last update, and I guess there are a few more to come. The next big step will then be the console launch. True, we as PC players won't profit from this step in any way. Still, it will eat up most of their ressources at the moment. So, with this stuff going on and not knowing what issues the console launch will bring, they simply cannot tell when they have ressources to work on new content.

And if they cannot be absolutely sure that their announcements will be realised, you can bet that they won't announce anything. Remember that raging storm blowing through the forums when they departed from the initially announced design and XP conversion with the champion system? That's what they learned back then: If you say something and cannot stick with it, you're called a liar.

Just wait, if you want to continue to play ESO. It's not like you have to pay a monthly fee.
    Options
  • Grapdjan
    Grapdjan
    ✭✭✭✭
    tiamak wrote: »
    they simply cannot tell when they have ressources to work on new content.

How can you possibly know this? They really better know what new content that are planning to release, and it really wouldn;t do any more damage to them to just make an update about it.
    Options
  • Genomic
    Genomic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta say, they're being very quiet about the console release, particularly considering the release date is just over two months away. Not a good sign.
    Options
  • Bloodfang
    Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol they are too busy stockpiling on DLCs.
    They are still developing content which they haven't even showed us yet.
    The ones that we got to see, were probably developed long time ago.
    Expect DLCs rolling in after launch on Consoles.
    Edited by Bloodfang on March 31, 2015 9:45AM
    Options
  • tiamak
    tiamak
    ✭✭✭
    Grapdjan wrote: »
    they simply cannot tell when they have ressources to work on new content.
    How can you possibly know this? They really better know what new content that are planning to release, and it really wouldn;t do any more damage to them to just make an update about it.
    Sorry, I was a bit imprecise. What I meant to say was this:
    1. They certainly have a plan concerning new content and a rough schedule.
    2. They know that the console launch is bound to bring up some critical issues. And they will want to resolve those critical issues as soon as possible. Still, they do not know how many issues will come up and how long it will take to resolve them.
    3. With such a big unknown factor, they cannot tell whether the schedule mentioned in (1) is realistic.
    4. They experienced how much rage there can be when they announce something too early and then have to deviate from it.
    5. Hence, they won't announce anything until they can oversee the amount of ressources that they have to spend on the console launch.

Edited by tiamak on March 31, 2015 10:01AM
    Options
  • Divad Zarn
    Divad Zarn
    ✭✭✭
    Till June and console release dont expect anything, even road ahead thread, we have so much fun in game already, what else do you want, all what players need is riding new mounts (well, senche and guar are great indeed :3), crash in "PvP" and do routine everyday boring PvE.
    Options
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the moment, they're probably too busy fixing smaller and bigger issues with 2.0. They've been pushing patches on a weekly basis since the last update, and I guess there are a few more to come. The next big step will then be the console launch. True, we as PC players won't profit from this step in any way. Still, it will eat up most of their ressources at the moment. So, with this stuff going on and not knowing what issues the console launch will bring, they simply cannot tell when they have ressources to work on new content.

And if they cannot be absolutely sure that their announcements will be realised, you can bet that they won't announce anything. Remember that raging storm blowing through the forums when they departed from the initially announced design and XP conversion with the champion system? That's what they learned back then: If you say something and cannot stick with it, you're called a liar.

Just wait, if you want to continue to play ESO. It's not like you have to pay a monthly fee.

PC players will profit from anything that adds more dollars to ZOS' bottom line. Console launch is good for PC players because more units sold, more subs and more $$$ in crown store sales results in a longer life for the game.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
    Options
  • Seraphyel
    Seraphyel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Road Ahead?

Imperial City
    Murkmire
    Wrothgar
    Removing VR
    Spellcrafting

You want more Road Ahead? Read their old statements, they are still right because they delivered nothing yet.
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bike-cliff.jpg
    Edited by technohic on March 31, 2015 1:48PM
    Options
  • Obscure
    Obscure
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Road ahead? Roads are for things that are going somewhere. ESO isn't going anywhere until June 9th, and the only place it's going is console. At that point they can repost most of the road ahead from June 2014, and even recycle 90% of the Quakecon presentation they did last July. Spell Crafting? WIP. Imperial City? WIP. Justice System? WIP. Champion System? WIP.

There is no road ahead to be concerned with when you put the car in park.
    Options
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is funny that some of you say the have nothing to tell us well to be honest the have content that is done all ready which is just wait to go on PTR and live server like Imperial City, Spell Crafting, Murkmire, Wrothgar, Removing VR to complete Champion system and complete Justice system.

And gave us half done "contnet" like Champion system and Justice system and not complete it before console is beyond stupid for the are no one console the want to buy a game with half done thing on and not post any road ahead just tell me atm the dont know what doing and if for some reason wont add new content this year to game ESO will not survive for i for one will not sit here for whole year with no one content for have done that in WoW and it is not even fun after a month do same thing over and over again.
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    Options
  • cavakthestampede
    cavakthestampede
    ✭✭✭
    At first it will be all:

rough-road-highway.png

And then it will be like:
    wonderful-path.jpg

Edited by cavakthestampede on April 1, 2015 5:39AM
    Options
  • jeevin
    jeevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At first it will be all:

rough-road-highway.png

With the team at Zos at the helm the game with has been going down this road for over a year now, there's no turn off!
    Options
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bloodfang wrote: »
    Lol they are too busy stockpiling on DLCs.
    They are still developing content which they haven't even showed us yet.
    The ones that we got to see, were probably developed long time ago.
    Expect DLCs rolling in after launch on Consoles.

Bought $100 physical imperial edition at launch: check.
    Bought over 13 months of game time so far at $15 each = $195: check.
    Bought the horrendously cute guar plushie for $20: check.

$315+ and climbing into the game makes it fairly unimportant that I no longer have to subscribe for game access :p, for those saying "who cares since it isn't subscription-based" :p Personally, if they avoid buy-to-win mechanics like the datamined XP potions hinted at, and implement a few sorely needed quality of life changes such as a real user interface, I probably won't mind paying for DLC's as they hit so long as they have some substance to them, despite that. ESO's become a good enough game at this point, in my opinion, that unless it goes the whole "pay-for-power" route, so long as there's a reasonable content update schedule to keep the game fresh and a few long-standing problems such as the near-nonfunctional UI & lack of the Imperial City having launched yet ( :p can you tell I'm foaming at the mouth for the IC?), I won't fuss about having to shell out more cash their way.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on April 1, 2015 7:25AM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tumblr_inline_ndqc17q6TM1sqqavy.jpg
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
    Options
  • civilizedsavage
    civilizedsavage
    ✭✭✭
    We'll get a Road Ahead and it will be a re-cap of the things that have been done. I expect a big self high five over the PvP changes. Don't get me wrong, I am glad those changes were made...but I'm not expecting anything mind blowing.
    Guild Leader | The Ashen Hand
    Options
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The next Road Ahead will be focusing on the lag in Cyrodill. To try and reduce lag they will be removing bunny rabbits, keeps, world bosses, trees, flowers, water, and players to see if that helps.
    Options
  • Fyrakin
    Fyrakin
    ✭✭✭
    Wolfshead wrote: »
    So when well we get a new The Road Ahead for it is 31st of March now and i for one would like to know what ZoS have for plans for next few month and plz dont tell me we will not get any new info just for you guys at ZoS is wait for release to consoles for to be honest it would be nice to know when we will see 1st DLC coming and how often will you add new thing to Crown shop little info would not hurt :smile:

Well, I wouldn't trust anything if that happened today :).
    NA Megaserver (810) - Fyrakin, Loremaster Fyrakin, Cartographer Fyrakin, Taskmaster Tobin, Zergas, Texa, Furnacius, Hextex
    EU Megaserver (167) - Fyrakin
    MiniMap author
    Options
  • Seraphyel
    Seraphyel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obscure wrote: »
    Road ahead? Roads are for things that are going somewhere. ESO isn't going anywhere until June 9th, and the only place it's going is console. At that point they can repost most of the road ahead from June 2014, and even recycle 90% of the Quakecon presentation they did last July. Spell Crafting? WIP. Imperial City? WIP. Justice System? WIP. Champion System? WIP.

There is no road ahead to be concerned with when you put the car in park.

I think they'll do this!
    Options
  • Bloodfang
    Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphyel wrote: »
    Road Ahead?

Imperial City
    Murkmire
    Wrothgar
    Removing VR
    Spellcrafting

You want more Road Ahead? Read their old statements, they are still right because they delivered nothing yet.

Honestly that's just the 1/3 of that they promised, 2/3 is already in the game.
    Still it doesn't feel right to be a PC peasant..
    Options
  • Seraphyel
    Seraphyel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bloodfang wrote: »
    Seraphyel wrote: »
    Road Ahead?

Imperial City
    Murkmire
    Wrothgar
    Removing VR
    Spellcrafting

Honestly that's just the 1/3 of that they promised, 2/3 is already in the game.
    Still it doesn't feel right to be a PC peasant..

2/3 is already in game?

They gave us Justice & Champion System, Craglorn was a before-launch-topic. I don't think that those two things are 2/3 of what they announced...
    Options
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The road ahead is empty.....

https://youtube.com/watch?v=IN9jsx-Iu1o
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
    Options
  • pema
    pema
    ✭✭✭
    they said on the ESO live that they will add stuff to the crown store every month. So that is one thing to look forward to (if you do that).

I think a road a head will say they are working on imperial city and oricinium and that as soon as they can they will give out more specs. They usualy do that.

But it would be nice to read some words from the big boss :)
    Officer of Alith Legion
    Ebonheart Pact guild, EU server.
    Check out our site alithlegion.com
    Options
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    pema wrote: »
    they said on the ESO live that they will add stuff to the crown store every month. So that is one thing to look forward to (if you do that).

I think a road a head will say they are working on imperial city and oricinium and that as soon as they can they will give out more specs. They usualy do that.

But it would be nice to read some words from the big boss :)

Well Imperial City was done just before QuakeCon last year the show ingame movies from that place so it should been done long time ago evne if still work on it would nice to get ETA on or how long the are on Imperial City
    Edited by Wolfshead on April 2, 2015 11:50AM
    Options
  • pema
    pema
    ✭✭✭
    Wolfshead wrote: »

Well Imperial City was done just before QuakeCon last year the show ingame movies from that place so it should been done long time ago evne if still work on it would nice to get ETA on or how long the are on Imperial City

Well they did a segment about that in ESO live as well.
    They explained that they have to adjust it to the new systems, and that they were not completely happy about the setup.
    So they are tweaking it, altough I believe most efforts go towards the consoles now.
    As they said all new content will be brought out on all platforms at the same time, I fear it will take longer to prep them for that.
    Officer of Alith Legion
    Ebonheart Pact guild, EU server.
    Check out our site alithlegion.com
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The next Road Ahead will rehash the recent Tamriel Unlimited launch and will discuss the console beta and remind everyone about the console launch. It will be timed to come out right around the same time as they start to talk about the console beta in public.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options