The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

i dont think we have enough seige up, sir

kevbounce
kevbounce
✭✭
QrIuEpY.jpg

IsPKhN4.jpg
Xathrina Elsinlock - Sorceress - AD
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lemme guess... You still didn't cap the keep?
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • kevbounce
    kevbounce
    ✭✭
    Honestly, it was probably the quickest capture I've been a part of thus far. Less than five minutes for sure.
    Edited by kevbounce on March 31, 2015 5:49AM
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my question is. why trebs?
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aco5712 wrote: »

Stone trebs have the highest DPS against walls now.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Same cost, same "displacement", same DPS as ballistae.

Double the HP (can withstand more fire)
    Longer loading time allowing for manning of up to 6 by a single person (if placed in a circle) or alternatively more time spent purging/healing and less time firing.
    Same reach as ballistae but lobbed shots allow for a secondary function as counter siege.

There's no reason to have a ballista any more.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

You sure? My tests showed identical DPS. 4k shots every 14" for Trebs, 2k shots every 7" for ballistas.
    EU | PC | AD
  • pronkg
    pronkg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »

Having a hard time ?
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

You sure? My tests showed identical DPS. 4k shots every 14" for Trebs, 2k shots every 7" for ballistas.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1644126#Comment_1644126
    9k on the flaming oil is high for sure, but considering most cases where it's used, at least as far as I've seen in my experience, there's almost always a healing circle going on where those pots are aimed either on flags, breach points, rams, etc. In our testing we found it's a nasty hit, but can be healed through if someone is healing. Also note that it won't kill you outright, but it will get close.

Standard ballista still hit for 2k on keeps and flame/lightning still hit for 1k on keeps. The damage bonuses to Trebs increases the anti-keep DPS of Ice way higher than it used to be, Flame got a good bump, and Stone trebs now have the highest dps. Granted Trebs have a slow reload (13.8s) compared to ballista (7s) but the damage boost for the Stone makes it the most damage now vs. keeps.

Doors\Keep walls can be differentiated between, and while we have experimented with adding door DoTs, we currently are not looking to add DoT damage to keep walls\doors.

We had Root for Ice trebs at one point internally and that was REALLY disliked as you had to burn stamina to get free while you're already in a combat heavy scenario. I get that's the whole point of having to choose between using stamina for abilities vs. break out of a siege weapon CC, but it was a layer added beyond player CC that wasn't desired.

No plans currently for trying to shoot the inner wall vs. outer.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same reach as ballistae but lobbed shots allow for a secondary function as counter siege.

Ballista has more reach under circumstances. For example a ballista placed on the small hill behind warden mine tower can hit the back wall of warden keep, while a treb can not.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nice. I don't know how I missed wheeler's comment, it would have saved me time testing time (d'oh). I counted 14s to reload of treb so I guess I wasn't far off from the 13.8".

I wonder what prompted them to make two tenths shorter. Because right now, it doesn't seem like there are many uses for the ballista. Trebs offer more 9/10 times.
    EU | PC | AD
  • DaggerfallTradeMasters
    I see the point in stone trebuchets but fire? Or was it defended?
  • kevbounce
    kevbounce
    ✭✭
    No, there was absolutely no resistance, they didn't really have time to react.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kevbounce wrote: »

No resistance and it took five minutes...

Been capping keeps in under 2 minutes for almost a year. Get on it.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »

What is your secret to motivating people to run siege?
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »

If you're assaulting an unmanned keep, what else would you do?
  • Fruitdog
    Fruitdog
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

I usually agro every enemy NPC I can find then drag them all back to the siege line.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »

why bother with keep if they can just keep farming the defenders?
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fruitdog wrote: »

I usually agro every enemy NPC I can find then drag them all back to the siege line.

Step 2: ???
    Step 3: profit
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Confirmed : stone trebs have the highest dps against walls. Spread the word, I still see way too many players sieging with normal balistas including experienced guilds.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭

Well, there are people that do this:
    Fruitdog wrote: »

And there are people with their thumbs in their butts. And some that didn't buy siege. >.<